Austin Thread @ Arcade UFO

1169170171172173175»

Comments

• OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    1451434_10200977832118543_653354100_n.jpg

Random teams. Should be awesome!
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,870
    @OrochiDemon I appreciate you and anybody who has posted any of these tourneys. I'm from Dallas so I try and make it out to Austin once in a while just for these tourneys
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    edited November 2013
    @Rictorxix No problem, no one else was doing it, and Im really glad after going there for a few months that tournaments are starting up again. Seems like there was a sparse period of few tournaments happening.

This is on the previous page, but it should be mentioned more often I think for now on. The FB group is way more active than anything else. https://www.facebook.com/groups/170184739744077/ I was finally accepted into it after I switched my fb accounts, dont know why. I messaged the admins, and they never got back to me, then I changed accounts due to some stupid stuff, and then I was accepted in like an hour. So if you try to join and they arent accepting you, you can tell me.
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah theres also a KOF 13 tournament as well on the consoles at 7:30pm tomorrow. :) Louisiana players will be in town for it. Come on out!
    @OrochiDemon Could you invite me to the Austin fighters group? I might come down there in January or February if there is a tourney for 3S or ST.
    It's hard for me to make plans to attend a tourney all the way in Austin on such short notice.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,363
    Austin FG Group on Facebook can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ATXFGC/

It's basically where everyone migrated.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    Copy and Paste from the Fb event page.

Austin Salty Battles 1.0

--When--
    January 25, 2013
    Sign up 10:00 AM. There will be no more signups 30 minutes before the tournament start time to create the brackets. The tourney will start at 12:30 sharp due to time retrains

--Where--
    Goodwill Computer Museum
    1015 Norwood Park Blvd
    Austin TX 78753

--Tournament Schedule--
    Please remember sign ups will close 30 minutes before the start time.
    12:30 PM: KOF and Marvel.
    3:30 PM: Super Street Fighter AE and Blaze Blue CP
    5:30 PM: KI and Side Tournaments

Keep in mind the schedule is subject to change.

--Venue Fee/Game Entry Fees-- There will be a one time $5 at the door when you sign up and each game will have its own entry fee listed below.

Games List and Consoles:

Main tournaments ($10)
    ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3
    XBOX
    SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 A.E. 2012
    XBOX
    KING OF FIGHTERS 13
    (XBOX)
    BLAZE BLUE CP
    PS3
    KILLER INSTINCT
    XBOX ONE

Side tournaments ($5) (If there is more than 8 people we will run the game):
    INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US (PS3)
    MORTAL KOMBAT 9 (PS3)
    STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN 2013 (XBOX)
    PERSONA 4 ARENA (XBOX)
    TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 (PS3)

I need will need about 6 (XBOX) along with monitors/tv
    Will need 3 copies of marvel, sf4, kof 13
    Will need 2 PS3 along with monitors/tv along with copies of BB CP.

Also, if you guys are wanting to be in the side tournament please make sure you bring the copies of the game.

Please see below for details if you are bringing equipment.

--Details--
    To those bringing equipment. Please be at the venue by 10:00 AM. Also, if you are bringing any sort of equipment, I will knock off $2 off the venue fee making it $3.
    Remember Goodwill has instructed that if the tournaments get big they will start throwing in prizes of their own. So, please support these events to see the prizes grow.

PLEASE, BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS, IF YOU CAN, TO FACILITATE WITH THE SPEED OF THE TOURNAMENT.

--Rules—
    1) There’s a ZERO and I mean ZERO tolerance for stealing. If you find an item that does not belong to you please give it to the tournament volunteers or myself so we may find the right owner.
    2) Please pick up after yourself. Do not leave any trash laying around.
    3) If you entered in multiple games, please let the person running the bracket know, so that you do not get DQ’ed for being late.
    4) You will have 5 mins to report to your match (unless you are already playing in a match). There are no if’s and but’s about it.
    5) But most of all have fun and enjoy the tourney

Game rules:

Below are the general rules for all tournament games. Rules will be enforced and any dispute or discussion will be handled by the tournament organizers and the parties involved. Rules can change at anytime at the consent.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 will take place on the Xbox 360 console.
    One match is best of 3 games.
    One game is best of 3, 99-second rounds.
    Grand Finals is the best of 5 games.
    Winner must select the same character and ultra, loser may switch.
    Blind select is available by request.
    Programmable controllers and/or turbo functions are banned, and if a player is found using any such function will immediately forfeit the game.
    Pausing a game will result in forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive this option.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will take place on Xbox 360 console.
    3 out of 5 games for a match set.
    Grand finals consist of 3 out of 5 games.
    After a game has concluded, winner must stick with same team and order for the next game.
    Loser has option of switching team and order and also taking player side of choice.
    Game breaking glitches are banned.
    Galactus is banned.
    Turbo button features are NOT allowed.
    Pausing a game will result in forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive this option.
    Tournament is double elimination.

The King of Fighters XIII will take place on the Xbox 360 console.
    Time will be set to 60 seconds.
    A match consists of 2/3 rounds.
    2 out of 3 games for a match set/.
    Losers, Winners, and Grand Finals consists of 3 out of 5 games.
    After a game has concluded, winner must stick with the same characters for the next game. However, order switching is allowed.
    Double blind pick is allowed.
    All DLC characters allowed.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
    Time will be set to 99 seconds.
    2 out of 3 games for a match set.
    After a game has concluded, winner must stick with the same characters for the next game.

Killer Instinct
    2 out of 3 games for a match set.
    After a game has concluded, winner must stick with the same characters for the next game.
    1497729_10201260962636629_1835359847_n.jpg
    WOOHOO! Were about to get really busy. :)

1544312_10201290335170924_1408123813_n.jpg
    If traffic from DFW on Friday wasn't so bad, I could come to both Super Turbo and 3S tourneys every month.
    Super Turbo for this month though.
    edited January 2014
    Might as well repost this here because of how lively the commentary is as the night goes on and more and more people pass around the mics. If youve never been to UFO and live in or around Austin this is a good intro to the great community we have here. Dont forget we have a 3rd strike tournament this coming friday, then theres the salty battles on saturday.

Heres a tournament from Friday night at Arcade UFO. :)

FYI, I played the red Chun Li. Ive only been playing ST casually for half a year. I actually practiced with Ken and O. Ken this week, but I went with Chun Li because I was nervous. I totally break down in my second match, but I did good in my first match. Last tournament Fubarduck and I played each other first also, and I did way better this time around.
  • yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782
    edited January 2014
    I know @orochidemon and @rictorxix post in the 3rd section so I thought id post here to say I'll be attending the tournament this Friday.

Flyer saids random 3on so can't choose teammates? Is it character locked?

Also if anyone in Austin wants to do a ft10 gachi that would be fun (not money match). I can play most of the cast (no Sean, twelve, oro, remy, Elena). I'd play any of my characters for the gachi depending on if there was a specific match up someone wants to play.

Looking forward to playing arcade 3rd for the first time since August 2012! Lol

Edit: what is salty battles on Saturday?
    Edit2: I suppose there's still only 1 set up of the h2h for the game so doing a ft10 might be an inconvenience during peak days/hours. so while this would be fun it might not be the best idea :/
    Post edited by yuuki on
    かかってきな。
    yuuki wrote: »
    I know @orochidemon and @rictorxix post in the 3rd section so I thought id post here to say I'll be attending the tournament this Friday.

Flyer saids random 3on so can't choose teammates? Is it character locked?

@yuuki If it's anything like last week's ST tourney, they (arcade ufo) will select the teams based on skill level (Example: 1 noob, 1 intermediate, 1 pro) in order to avoid one team wrecking everybody. Characters won't be locked for the entire tournament so you can switch it up each round you advance.
    Yeah, theres already a money match happening after the tournament. But people will still be around late into the night.
    Trevor makes really awesome posters.

1941517_10201523452158703_218918011_o.jpg
  • The RealystThe Realyst Turtle Power Joined: Posts: 1,694
    Hello everyone. I will probably be visiting Texas within the next few weeks. I'm actually checking it out to see if it's a place I want to move to. It's really between Dallas and Austin. What the fgc like in Austin? I know it's one of the few places with an arcade. I play a little bit of sf4, a little bit of tekken and a VERY little bit of Marvel. How often do you guys get together for games? I'll probably see you guys when I visit.
    My Heatware Feedback! = http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=77667

SF4 : Guile and Blanka
    UMVC3 : Nathan, Victor, Vergil / Nathan, Vergil, Clinton
    TTT2 : Christie / Jaycee
    edited March 2014
    Saw your post in the austin fgc group, hope you liked the posts there to your questions.

Im deciding what Ill be doing during sxsw, hopefully i go to ufo a lot.

This is something gaming related going on this weekend.
    http://sxsw.com/trade-shows/gaming
    1926296_10152108076558197_169461166_o.jpg
    They threw a great 3rd Strike tournament last night, and Ray's Ryu brought the hype!

Next friday theyll be doing a ST Ratio tournament.

Here's how ratio tournaments work! (from strevival.com)

- You have SEVEN Ratio Points to spend when choosing your characters.
    - Characters must be chosen before the tournament begins and those characters must be used throughout the entire tournament.
    - Character order may be switched between matches.
    - The same character may be chosen multiple times but there will be a character limit of four.
    - When you run out of characters, you lose the match. Double elimination.
    - Akuma is banned.

1970643_10201668962276365_1231760956_n.jpg
  • RyanCRyanC using brain.... NOW! Joined: Posts: 215
    Anyone out here play marvel?
    Made you look.... your ad here.
    Call 1.888.MSP>Cable
    RyanC wrote: »
    Theres a dedicated 5 player of it at ufo every wednesdays for $5 you get to play on the consoles for hours. I think they still do that.
  • Jo0Jo0 Joined: Posts: 85
    Hey guys I'm visiting from Dallas, I'm going to try to stop by tonight after a trip to mt bonnell.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    RyanC wrote: »
    Theres a dedicated 5 player of it at ufo every wednesdays for $5 you get to play on the consoles for hours. I think they still do that.

its thursday
    youtube sfv
    I hope everyones having fun over there.
  • The Based GuruThe Based Guru IWASBLOCKING Joined: Posts: 5
    you guys do anything weekly?
    edited July 2014
    thursdays open to close (6pm to midnight) $5 console freeplay. 3 console setups with provided sticks but you can bring your own usb controllers. anything from SF4 to marvel to kof to blazblue to arcana heart. maybe more.

sundays - around 6 or 7 pm based on when people show up - $5 ranbat tournament for either USF4 or Marvel+Blazblue. (No prize pot, only ranking points for prize at the end of the season). check the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ATXFGC/ for more info

in the future some of these days might be changed
    Post edited by phantasy on
    youtube sfv
  • RyanCRyanC using brain.... NOW! Joined: Posts: 215
    I went up there this Thursday and no one was playing Marvel. Just guilty gear. Anyone plan on playing over the holidays?
    Made you look.... your ad here.
    Call 1.888.MSP>Cable
    for the most part marvel is not played anymore. if you want to get some sessions of marvel, post up in the FB group. Something along the lines of "hey i want to play some marvel, i'm available at x time, wanna do UFO or someone's place". we CAN get it in the machines, but GG is just more popular atm.
    youtube sfv
  • TheSquelchedTheSquelched Former King of Urbana Joined: Posts: 740
    edited January 2015
    I'm visiting from central Illinois for the next couple of weeks. Is anybody at the arcade playing GGXrd on weeknights? If not, what's the best time to find people there?
    When in doubt, mash it out.
    When life is low, it's time to throw.
    @thesquelched thursday is freeplay nights, $5 for console freeplay from 6pm-12midnight. tuesday is our ranbats, this week is ggxrd but we alternate w/ USF4 every week.

not exactly weeknights but fri/sat are other solid times to go, sunday is decent as well.
    youtube sfv
  • TheSquelchedTheSquelched Former King of Urbana Joined: Posts: 740
    @phantasy thanks for the info. Can you give any details on tonight's ranbats? Times, entry fees, etc.
    When in doubt, mash it out.
    When life is low, it's time to throw.
    gonna try to start around 7:30, so reg is any time before that. $5. also it's going to be ran on only 2 setups so it might be slow unfortunately. there will be a stream tho @TheSquelched‌
    youtube sfv
    October tourney coming in about 2 weeks, tournament format to be decided.
    The Monday on the same week as the tourney will have free play starting at 8:00 PM I believe

october%203s%20tourney%20flyer.jpg
    November tourney coming in about 2 weeks, tournament format to be decided.

November%203S%20Flyer.jpg
    [img][/img]December%203s%20Flyer.jpg
    [img][/img]January%203S%20Flyer_3.jpg
    [img][/img]February%203S%20Flyer.jpg
    March%203s%20Flyer_2.jpg
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 618
    I just moved to austin, is arcade ufo the primary location where people hang around for sf?
  • andyocrandyocr J.Mp --->teleport Joined: Posts: 610
    im coming out tonight for sf5 and maybe some sf4. Hope to see everyone there
    Next month's UFO Stream will be on New Year's Eve. There was a good turnout then both at the tournament and on stream so I expect something similar this time around.

Thanks for everyone who has been supporting the streams.

[img][/img]IMG_20161126_150255_zpsam50t8ho.jpg