Austin Thread @ Arcade UFO

Comments

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Joined: Posts: 80
    Alright. I've locked it down to 8ish on wednesday. Coming with my friends Gary and Christian, who you probably have met before. We play a lot of casuals with Lee (Cephas) at Garys place, though they're mostly street fighter which I dont play. I need to branch out play some new people!
  • poonagepoonage not ryan harvey Joined: Posts: 1,403
    Alright. I've locked it down to 8ish on wednesday. Coming with my friends Gary and Christian, who you probably have met before. We play a lot of casuals with Lee (Cephas) at Garys place, though they're mostly street fighter which I dont play. I need to branch out play some new people!

Cool dude, I will be here and so will some other folks probably. If there's enough people we'll switch MK for the night so we can have two cabs of MVC3.
    The background is favored in this matchup.
  • JDragonXJDragonX Working with Guy Joined: Posts: 48
    Jin Kisaragi in BlazBlue

Define "late enough." 8am classes are a bitch

WTF dude?! I use Jin in Blazblue too. (Although I suck at that game).

When is it advised NOT to go?
    WTF dude?! I use Jin in Blazblue too. (Although I suck at that game).

When is it advised NOT to go?

The only really slow times for fighting games are early in the day on weekdays. We'll have random groups show up during the daytime, but typically no hardcore fighting gamers. It's been said before, but the regular group of players will usually show up around 8 or 9pm on weeknights. Street Fighter players hate the sun :)

Of course tomorrow everyone should go all day for 3S with Gesu Yarou! Watch the stream with us if you can't swing by!!
    The only really slow times for fighting games are early in the day on weekdays. We'll have random groups show up during the daytime, but typically no hardcore fighting gamers. It's been said before, but the regular group of players will usually show up around 8 or 9pm on weeknights. Street Fighter players hate the sun :)

Of course tomorrow everyone should go all day for 3S with Gesu Yarou! Watch the stream with us if you can't swing by!!

I was looking forward to the Online Edition to start playing 3S (I started playing fighters with SF4). I'll pass by for some 3S but I do wanna play AE. You think people would still be down?
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We already got one carpool coming in from Austin. We're hoping for more haha. We are expecting ~200 people with games such as SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, BB:CS II, and more! Competitors are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-17-2011-ark-iv-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-bb-csii-melee-brawl-more-jacksonville-ar.137427/
    I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional SRK community as a whole. Thanks guys!
  • CrimsonDisasterCrimsonDisaster team anime Joined: Posts: 1,582
    oh we have new BB players in town this might be interesting
    I only play games with RCs.
    Good games today. Didn't play 3s though =/
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533
    Had some great games tonight.

I get the feeling though that there were only two or three regulars there tonight, since most everyone kept getting bodied by this Sakura player who didn't seem like he had to try much against most people.

I did get in a few wins though. So now I know my Guy isn't COMPLETELY free.
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
  • kingphantomkingphantom Joined: Posts: 290
    If anyone is interested there will be a MK tourney on Sunday
    When: august 28th, 2011 sunday

Time: mk9 singles 1pm, mk9 2v2 team 5pm

Rules:

-freddy is banned
    -mk3 cyrax costume banned
    -street stage banned
    -all codes banned
    -god of war stage banned
    -all matches best of 3. Semi finals best of 5 and grand finals best of 5
    -2 rounds

Tournament will be on ps3 and 360
    Tourney will be @ Gameworx 12107 Toepperwein san antonio
    Fireballs are for cowards.
    -freddy is banned
    -mk3 cyrax costume banned
    -street stage banned
    Hmm? Why?
    Sorry for the double post, but I figured I needed a bump for this thread to get it seen.

Anyone from Austin going to DFW Bar Fights this weekend and want to carpool?

Get ahold of me on my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/amperture
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Never thought I would see something like this, but:
    My old tournaments at the Gamers Den were big enough to attract players like Marn, Latif, and many other great players. We're going to grow the community in Corpus and build the scene because there is a lot of potential here and this city can serve as a great location for people from many different cities to meet without having to make a super long trip.
    Someone is trying to steal the glory from me back when I hosted tournaments in Corpus :(
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • Ajtucker22Ajtucker22 Blue Lantern of Earth. Joined: Posts: 818
    Anyone at UFO tonight? Kinda wanna drop by after im done at the comic shop
    Move fast and have hope.
    My friend Gary is gonna be throwing down a shindig all labor day weekend, from friday through monday. We'll have setups for AE, 3S, Marvel, Smash. If you wanna come, you can PM me, or aim (Shane200) or on facebook.com/drmariokart.
  • ThyAllMightyThyAllMighty ImDaBes Joined: Posts: 1,727
    i heard there's going to be a 3s tourney this friday? king of austin? (which will probably go to a japanese player ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ)

jerry/jonlo are tied for austin jester

if there are too few entrants we should do RR
    i play fighting games for the drinking
  • Mr. BucketMr. Bucket I'm Mr. Bucket! Joined: Posts: 23
    That all sounds cool, but unfortunately I am busy this weekend. That and still couldn't even begin to justify gaming without work lol. Been applying to a bunch of random ass places though, hopefully something hits soon.
    Hey not Ryan Harvey, I've been rounding up old TGA folks, and Scott(pun), Ben and Evan wanna come hang out in some combination of UFO and Crown & Anchor down the street this coming Wednesday.
    Hey not Ryan Harvey, I've been rounding up old TGA folks, and Scott(pun), Ben and Evan wanna come hang out in some combination of UFO and Crown & Anchor down the street this coming Wednesday.

It's also one of the UFO employees' 21st birthday that day . . . sounds like a busy night :) but yeah, come around by 8 or 9 and we'll hit up C&A for sure!
  • pkrstdntpkrstdnt Joined: Posts: 802
    Who's planning on coming to Texas Bar Fights Round 5?
    DFW Fight Club
    ***UCC***
    uppercutcircuit.com
  • CarbocationCarbocation Stack dat cheese Joined: Posts: 694
    I'm planning on going... don't judge.
    BRISKET NACHOSSSSSS.
    It's pronounced Car-Bo-Cat-Eye-On

Winners don't use drugs.
  • JDR.JDR. PSN Gamertag: Vondoomed Joined: Posts: 344

I'll be there to psycho crush some folks and drink adult beverages.
  • ThyAllMightyThyAllMighty ImDaBes Joined: Posts: 1,727
    yuuki da god!?
    i play fighting games for the drinking
  • cephas82cephas82 Joined: Posts: 156
    3S tourney tonight??
    xbox gamertag - LeeCephas
    3S - Dudley
    SF4 - Viper
  • DharmaPunkDharmaPunk Joined: Posts: 21
    My friend Gary is gonna be throwing down a shindig all labor day weekend, from friday through monday. We'll have setups for AE, 3S, Marvel, Smash. If you wanna come, you can PM me, or aim (Shane200) or on facebook.com/drmariokart.

I'll be there tonight, Roddy, Vib, Patrick, Carbocation? Who else might be around? Lets get some matches going!
    - Meditate and Destroy !! -
    www.mmascientist.com
  • JC_DentonJC_Denton 16-Bit Boy Joined: Posts: 315
    What the fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Engine ForteEngine Forte Joined: Posts: 44
    How is the MK9 scene at UFO? I live a ways outside of town and have been wanting to come in and see if I'm as alright as I think I am.
    How is the MK9 scene at UFO? I live a ways outside of town and have been wanting to come in and see if I'm as alright as I think I am.
    There aren't good players on the regular, so post up when you want to go play or hit me up on Twitter (@fubarduck) and I will meet you there if at all possible.
  • jaytoojaytoo Joined: Posts: 750
    Hey, do you guys still have KOF13?
  • Engine ForteEngine Forte Joined: Posts: 44
    There aren't good players on the regular, so post up when you want to go play or hit me up on Twitter (@fubarduck) and I will meet you there if at all possible.

Neat! I gave you a follow (@jordan_mallory) and will tweet at you about it.
    Hey jokers,
    I'll be here working UFO all day today (Labor Day) so everyone come get some on your day off. I play 3S, AE, MVC3 and MK, wow! Competition in any game!

Also it's super breezy and cool in the arcade now thanks to the nice weather this week!
  • ChuvyliciousChuvylicious Joined: Posts: 441
    Shout outs to Joseph love <3
  • Aleri_XVAleri_XV Chin up, Eyes Straight Joined: Posts: 1,332
    Whatsup Poonage!! I talked to you at Final Round XIV this past year about the arcade and stuff, I was also at ECT III , im down for a month and my friends and I (you might know them, two brothers who come play MK, one is really young but SUPER talented) are wondering when we should roll down to the arcade, you gonna be there tonight? let me know wanna play MK, MVC, AE LETSSS GOOO
    I Grow Weary of These Encounters
    -KTB- Aleri
    CFN ID: TXTH-Aleri
    is there anybody playing at the Arcade today/tonight?
    -KTB- Aleri
  • viet1001viet1001 Joined: Posts: 146
    I'm gonna drop by for a bit tonight.
    I'm gonna drop by for a bit tonight.
    LONG TIME NO SEE!!!
    I think you still have my PS3 controller LOL!
    -KTB- Aleri
    Whatsup Poonage!! I talked to you at Final Round XIV this past year about the arcade and stuff, I was also at ECT III , im down for a month and my friends and I (you might know them, two brothers who come play MK, one is really young but SUPER talented) are wondering when we should roll down to the arcade, you gonna be there tonight? let me know wanna play MK, MVC, AE LETSSS GOOO
    Hey man, I definitely remember you now. I'm working till 8 but I'll stick around to play some games if you all come up, def down for some MK and whatnot, I'm super sleep deprived this week though so I can't stay too late! Gonna grab a bite at 8pm then come back for a while.
    Hey man, I definitely remember you now. I'm working till 8 but I'll stick around to play some games if you all come up, def down for some MK and whatnot, I'm super sleep deprived this week though so I can't stay too late! Gonna grab a bite at 8pm then come back for a while.
    Had some car troubles and unfortunately couldnt make it out tonight, but everything is looking good now so well more than likely be coming up Wednesday night.
    -KTB- Aleri
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lee C, check your facebook!
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • That Ol' SkrullThat Ol' Skrull Get Offa My Tarnax IV Joined: Posts: 218
    =D Played my first rounds of Marvel today at UFO! Ran a Joe/Ammy/She-Hulk team.
    Got my ass handed to me, but somehow clenched one match! Also saw a pretty wicked Cap/Deadpool/Wolverine.
    Looking forward to coming back sometime soon!
    PSN ID: RezTS
    Follow me on twitter for the most uninteresting updates you'll ever read: www.twitter.com/ThatOlSkrull
    If you're in Austin and want to play some Marvel, please let me know. I'm always looking for local friends to play Marvel with.