SFIII 3rd Strike (SUPERCADE/GGPO/nFBA,etc) Palmod palettes fair

Comments

• LETLET 武神流忍法 Joined: Posts: 248
    Did you guys see the news? Capcom are charging for colour packs now. As if that's not bad enough (no colour editor), I'm waiting to see just how many are ripped straight from this thread. This is just one more reason why I refuse to buy 3S:OE
    __
  • DreamcasterDreamcaster Joined: Posts: 6
    Hi

I like all your work guys, this palmod palettes looks awsome! I'm wondering, if it's possible to add this custom palettes to Dreamcast version of 3S? I saw music replacement mods for 3s or MvC2 but I've never saw color mods for Dreamcast. It would be great to see refreshed 3S version running on my favorite console.
    sygnaturaprzezroczystao.png
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Did you guys see the news? Capcom are charging for colour packs now. As if that's not bad enough (no colour editor), I'm waiting to see just how many are ripped straight from this thread. This is just one more reason why I refuse to buy 3S:OE
    Yeah, 3$ (so i guess 3€) for that.
    Also, you cannot see them even on your opponent have bought that shit, lol!
    No thx.
    Anyway, i enjoyed all what we did here cause of the technical aspect more than just having some fresh color to play with.
    Simply buying it is blank to me.
    Me too, I still need to finish off everything I had planned and compile. Most/all of my links are dead now as well thanks to Rapidshare going down the pan.
    __
  • alien nose jobalien nose job my metaphors are ok! how are yours ? Joined: Posts: 276
    LET said:
    Yeah, 3$ (so i guess 3€) for that.
    Also, you cannot see them even on your opponent have bought that shit, lol!
    No thx.
    Anyway, i enjoyed all what we did here cause of the technical aspect more than just having some fresh color to play with.
    Simply buying it is blank to me.

Yup, I'll see them before I decide, but it doesn't sound too good from here.

Chances are they'll take colours posted here or on ESN's, and if they didn't it's likely they'll do an awful job if it goes the same way as the new art and remixes.
    Well, whatever they sell, we'll see next week.

EDIT :::
    LET, check out ESN's stie, I sent him everything you sent me and/or posted here, as I figured you would like to back it up.
    Filter with your name there and make a whole set, if something is missing, it may be labelled with my name as I reedited lots of yours, I may have forgot to rename some as being yours.
    cheers
    Bump @ #855
    Don't know how palettes are stored in DC Rom file but i guess they didn't completely change their mind just for the dc version, so basically you just have to find the adresses of palettes with an hex editor and change values.
    Don't know how palettes are stored in DC Rom file but i guess they didn't completely change their mind just for the dc version, so basically you just have to find the adresses of palettes with an hex editor and change values.

When you mount the DC ROM with Deamon Tools, it looks like this.
    So probably the palettes are stored in COLOR folder, the problem is the amount of files, I have no clue where they might be hidden. The name of the files are little bit confusing. Here is the photo - http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/968/obraz2k.png

Hey guys, could you give the entire code of Ryus default palette (the "light punch" color)? So I can find it in one of this files with WinHEX. Thanks in advance.
    Can you upload somewhere PL04PL.BIN for example?
    What's the size of the PL files?

IMO, the best way to find Ryu's palettes is to blank all the others and then, one by one until ryu got his right colors, to copy paste blanked palettes with original ones.
    Can you upload somewhere PL04PL.BIN for example?
    What's the size of the PL files?.
    Here you have the whole COLORS folder (266 KB) - http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30158072/COLORS.rar

Each PL file size is from 2KB to 6 KB
    Those seems to indeed store palettes, as you can clearly see the "new palette hex flag" 0000 each 64 octets. But it doesn't have the same format as CPS3 store method.
    Should be a list of 2 octets between 0000 and 7FFF, but it's not here.
    Try the blank method i described above to find ryu's palette file for example, so we can see values differences between DC and CPS3 format.
  • alien nose jobalien nose job my metaphors are ok! how are yours ? Joined: Posts: 276
    Gaijinblaze said :

colour pack 1 is available apparently (psn only at this time i'm assuming, since it's tuesday).

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ijj4fb.jpg

credit to shinryu on gamefaqs.

still kinda bummed that they can obviously edit palettes, but 2P aegis still ain't right.

lol
    seriously...

I just saw them, OMG they are seriously trash. Like pure steaming dog pile.

What the hell??! I did see some on their that we did, but it's probably coincidence (not sure about the red Urien...though).

Who the hell made these? I'd rather they just ripped some from this thread off, we have no legal claim to them.
    __
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    I don't see an colours I enjoy at all. :-(

JIMlb.png

Heck, this is better than what they have.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
    I just saw them, OMG they are seriously trash. Like pure steaming dog pile.

What the hell??! I did see some on their that we did, but it's probably coincidence (not sure about the red Urien...though).

Who the hell made these? I'd rather they just ripped some from this thread off, we have no legal claim to them.

exactly, we chose to share, so I wouldn't have minded either, except, I guess if they mix different styles it would just loose its consistency and look like a mess.
    The shading is horrible.
    I'm just really glad I didn't buy the game. I'm not a 3S vet or purist and I think they made a huge mistake by not adding elements AND allocating the entire project to a US/NA team. Street Fighter should always be made in Japan, for obvious reasons and that's not weeabo, but historical fact.

Dimps and the JP Capcom team have turned Street Fighter around and made it great again, why the hell didn't they let them handle the project? It's a port with superficial extras, Dimps could have turned that around in 6 months, it's a real shame. I would have paid $30 easy if they'd thrown in a couple of characters. Hakan and T.Hawk could have woked so well in the 3S engine.

To me the game is just as much an ugly mess of a old but beautiful game, just as ST:HDR was. This is why you do not let community hardcore feedback ruin dictate project direction. From what I've been reading not even those guys are happy with it. Considering everyone pretty much shied away I will be susprised if they broke even, let alone made money on 3S:OE what a waste of an opportunity.

Sorry to rant, I've just had it with this port and the outright fugly colour pack that they laughably think is worth even $1 is just adding insult to injury.
    __
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dimps and the JP Capcom team have turned Street Fighter around and made it great again

Sorry but....you lost me FULLY when you said that.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Internet has been shitty for me so I'm starting to palette edit again. Cps2 this time Vampire Savior to be specific.
    XrkrH.png
    c2cmZ.png
    JThb7.png
    z7BHE.png
    M50LZ.png
    Guess where I got the B.B. Hood Palette.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• BalbarsBalbars Joined: Posts: 8
    What do you mean by in-game icons? I have the addresses for the select screen portraits somewhere, (the ovals) or do you mean something else?

Ah, maybe I should of worded that a bit better. In-game icons is probably a bit of an generalization :smokin:

The character portraits underneath the energy bars is what I'm referring to. They have the option to edit these in Palmod but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put them on ESN's database.

I will probably put a DL link up in due course as Ive pretty much re-done about half of what I've put up on that site originally :looney:. Those portraits will be included also...

EDIT: Just saw that colour pack & it looks like a proper rush job to me...

and is that some inverted shading on Elena's tit I can see in her EX palette? Dear oh dear...:shake:

Sorry but....you lost me FULLY when you said that.

Whatever. They have, look up the numbers. You may like SF3 more than 4, but that's irrelevant because they have injected new life into the brand which is what everyone has been asking for for years. Be sour, or call me an 09er if you wish, I don't care - but if you can't see what the Japanese team have done with the SF franchise after the US squandered it (EX anyone?) then you're in denial.

To stay on topic, great Darkstalkers edits!
    __
    good fighting game = sales/popularity?

I think we're done here.
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    i just got the color pack and it's very hit and miss. there are some good ones in there, enough that i think it's worth 3 bones. but there are some absolutely WRONG ones in there that make me think they used some kind of color generator or algorithm to do some of these. ryu and sean come to mind. ryu's new black color and sean's white gi are good examples. there are others but it looks like every character has at least 2 or 3 good colors, some of them are actually great strangely enough. worst part is if you want to see the good ones you're going to have to see the bad ones as well. too bad they don't have some kind of custom pack where you choose what color you want for each button. i mean that's the least they could have done since they're not giving us a color editor.
    luckily i use oro and most of his came out ok. you have to see these in full body, not that jpeg floating around that just shows their top half. some look normal in that pick, especially the shotos. it's the shoto's bottom halves that are fucked up.
    it would have been cool if they hired ESN to make a site for 3soe (more user friendly for all the new fans of the game who've never used palmod or ESN's current site) where you make new color edits online and people get to vote on which ones they like best and that's what you'd get in the next pack.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    I wonder if they will release a colour editor down the line, knowing that when they do nobody will buy the colour packs?
    In other words, why they release colour packs first and say nothing about a colour editor?
    Sounds like Capcom monetisation policy to me, but I've not exactly been following Derek Neal on twitter or anything like that.
    BTW, Raishin you're spot on with that. If millions of people think a game is a great game, it's probably because it's a great game.
    I'll let you try and understand that at your own pace. 3S is still amazing and I never said otherwise, but 3S vets really need to throw that chip off their shoulder.
    __
  • catwillycatwilly Joined: Posts: 5
    heres some yun and ryu (bad) colors i made just got into this but wish there was a way to make 3soe colors i hate the new ones why dont they hire someone to do them for free from this thread lol

2d1nz8p.png

2pqqghx.png
    That's the thing tho: what do millions of ppl actually think when playing SF4? That it's an exquisite venture into sophisticated yomi? They're having fun I'm sure but I doubt they're actually making the comparison's between games that you are, so what they're actually thinking isn't really relevant.

Are they competent in both SF3 and SF4? (What is competent? To go deeper....) How can a soccer mom buying her two boys a game in reward for their good grades be the sole determining factor for how good a fighting game is?

Even in itself SF4 may be a good [fun?] GAME but is it a good fighting game? Better than anything else?

That's like judging the quality of a post just based on how many likes it's received. Sure I've seen some good ones get a great few but I've seen many more fall to the wayside just from where they were posted, or hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen a post that would've gotten likes if ppl weren't concerned about offending the person the post was making fun of.

SF3 had a ton of superficial reasons for not doing well initially (and I need not go into that) but I can hardly see that as a main indicator for why it's bad/worse than anything else.

And what about rare games? Are those all bad?

Oh and I like how I have a chip on my shoulder and a learning disability because I don't agree with your hollow opinion.
    I hate doing basic color combinations(Blue and Orange,Red and Black) of colors but people still suggest them
    CaSPc.png
    Aulbath based on 3K Lei Lei requested by gb

syzTJ.png
    Mango requested by Juno

f2bTM.png
    8bit water it was a happy accident.

@catwilly nice you got a decent idea on how the shading works in sf3.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• catwillycatwilly Joined: Posts: 5
    thanks i'm just testing out different stuff sometimes i find it easier to create my own color shades instead of using the rgb and hsl tickers. i wish there was a way to get these into the xbox 3soe version

oh and i've made some updates to the colors i'll post when i'm fully satisfied or some in-game screens
    Nice edits!

Raishin I never said you have a learning difficulty, I was talking about SF4 being successful in commercial sense, rather than what people think when they buy/play.
    That combined with review scores means it's a great game. Everyone has their own perspective it but I hope you can see it's hugely popular.
    It's time to stop shitting on it, I've just gotten bored of 3S vets being sour and bitter about SF4, ultras, Ono and new fans. No-one's hurting you, so what does it matter? My opinion isn't hollow for all that it matters, but what I was saying was that by making SF4 an easier game to play than SF3, I think SF is better off for it.

You don't have to agree with that or even consider it, but it is fact that because SF4 did well, we now have 3S:OE and bunch more games to go along with it.
    By fact I mean, SF4 did well and Capcom execs greenlit other projects. That isn't assumption, I know the execs because I work with them. Just calm down.
    __
    If any one wants to try out the vsav edits so far here is a Mame save state.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1pben68hedgb8fz

If you want the original colors just reload the rom either by Shift f3 or loading up a different rom and going back the vsav1.

Does anyone have a preview pic of the new shoddy colours pack? Figured I'd gasp once more in awe.

- Forget it, I saw it over on EventHubs. Believe it or not they're even more gash than the last set.
    People are gonna be pissed when they release the colour editor if they bought these :S
    __
  • alien nose job.alien nose job. Joined: Posts: 88
    -Nice pals Jed !
    You should make tutos and a thread for these !

-Welcome Catwilly, that's good for a first try !

- LET, yup those are crappy as the first ones. sigh. I contacted them and sent a few previews. to them "it's a matter of tastes".
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    yeah just looking at certain things like specific pixels being lighter in value then others, i already know the rest of the sprite is going to look like ass. it was too late to change anything i think since it came out so fast and without warning on xbl after all the bitching. if there's a third pack i hope they know what they're doing by then.

alien, i read that reply they sent you and i was pretty disheartened. they just don't care if it looks bad and can say it's simply a matter of tastes :rolleyes:. i guess they don't want to offend those that prefer shitty edits that are hella distracting and cater to them. oh well, here's hoping the last pack will be color edit mode or they fix the palettes when they do the next TU but i doubt any of that will happen :(
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    I really think they have shitty taste and shitty execution, nothing more.
    They won't fix anything on that end, but only half of me hopes they release a color edit mode.
    If they do and since they don't want to add an option to see / not see the other's color, this may get even worse than what they did so far, with all black characters, and even more fucked up colors.
    "it's a matter of tastes".
    They messed up Light to Dark gradients in the first pack. And that's their comeback.

They're a bunch of idiots. They should know that user-generated content is worth the extra spend because it keeps the game interesting and the community warm.

They have that for YouTube uploads but the quality is douche (don't wanna spend money) so they messed up there, they could have added the colour edit mode and had a gallery for colours much like the replay system in SF4. They could've made it simple, shareable and essential but instead they spend peanuts on a strange port. Frankly I think the team they put on this just don't understand the community.

SFIII is a very stylish game and the team have tainted it with the one chance they needed. Shame.
    __
    I got bored and decided to do some palettes in one of first games I did palette editing for.
    X-Men Cota
    0BT7B.png
    SSF4 was still just a rumor when I did these edits.

vBz6f.png
    Now

a7vAl.png

Thanks to Alien nose job i don't have to basically start from square one on my vsav edits.

Just some of the edits I've done right before I saved over that state.
    At least, I still have pictures to base the palettes off of.
    fGIPK.png
    Dunno if I will remake these two.

nQIht.png
    DANGER

XikvD.png
    CqGg9.png
    Few of my edits for Bulleta are being based of Hol Horse palettes.

vk9BI.png
    Morrigan and Lilith have one color in common(Lilith's LK = Morrigan's MP) I'm probably going to keep it like that but i'm not sure if I'll have this edit as it though

F2EgN.png
    and the last one.
    Spoiler used to hide the flood.

• RichardRichard Joined: Posts: 588
    Hmm, yeah, I think Twelve, Necro and Q could all do with a natural skin tone.

How about Dudley's shirt being made skin color?
  • FistOfTheNoobFistOfTheNoob Joined: Posts: 6
    Want a costume edited? In order to make a request, list the character and the button (lp,lk,mk,hp, etc) and what you want. Provide pictures if you can.
    Example:
    Akuma
    LK
    Android 13
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...droid13gn0.jpg

Below is a list of the pack, from the first to most current.

V.5 (Contains revamped skins for everyone and everything. Supers, Ex animations, parries, fireballs, elenas stage are also included.
    LATEST-DOWNLOADhttp://www.mediafire.com/?m69yvlsagwdtj2q

V.1 http://localhostr.com/file/kjTBwUc/51
    V.2 http://localhostr.com/file/WFnATEm/51
    V.3 http://localhostr.com/file/6nbmD3k/51.rar
    V.4.1 http://localhostr.com/file/4ws53Ik/51.rar
    V.4.2(completed EX and parry edits)http://localhostr.com/file/nYnfqWn/ExtractMe.rar

oGUEg.png
    ihW3N.png
    Qnazs.png
  • SpoRSpoR SpoR Joined: Posts: 346
    how do we edit our own colors? I got the mod above and I main akuma and sean and their colors suck (or aren't even edited).

I dont like urines portal being red either, too hard to see through
    Zerg!
  • timmytheturtletimmytheturtle Just Defend this ! Joined: Posts: 88
    Wow, just wanted to say to LET: man, every single one of your palette mods is awesome O.o I don't know if you work in graphics or something but you sure have your way with mixing colors and rendering them ! Bravo !

ESN, ce que tu as fait avec ton site est tout bonnement impressionnant ! T'es pas du genre à t'étaler dessus mais franchement félicitations, je te tire mon chapeau :o

Et chocobon super taf sur les décors :o Je suis charmé par ta gallerie "désuette" !

Props to everyone ! I'll try to find some time to make new mods, but it's getting hard to do something new AND good !
    Garou: MOTW >> Roulette :p
    http://gdonline.forumactif.com/?1313037400
    the latest Garou MOTW french forum
  • jestonjeston Joined: Posts: 2
    anybody knows how to use the 51 rom in the current romset of mame ?
  • zsnsnzsnsn Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    jeston wrote: »
    CPS3ROMconverter
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8asv1rsd628or0o/
  • rageousrageous Joined: Posts: 24
    plknb7vd.png
    edited June 2014
    zsnsn wrote: »
    CPS3ROMconverter

Hey mate, thanks for the help there, I started playing with shmpmame and I was curious to see what my old colours would look like with a proper HLSL rendering !
    My HLSL settings may not be completely accurate and screenshots look even brighter than the game playing for some reason, but it's way closer to the high contrast arcade monitors have.

For those wondering how it works, it's very simple :
    just unzip the rom's content in the same folder as CPS3romconverter, not in another folder, right there, at the root.
    Don't forget to empty the nvram folder in your shmpmame folder, and maybe, not sure it is useful, make sure you don't have any duplicate for the rom (like a parent rom or something), or then put the same content as with the rom you're gonna play.

HLSL_01-ORO_zpsc4a484ea.png

HLSL_01-ALEX_zpsc7921ef3.png

Hey rageous, welcome and thanks for your contribution !
    Post edited by alien nose job. on
  • SpoRSpoR SpoR Joined: Posts: 346
    zsnsn wrote: »
    CPS3ROMconverter

What does this do?
    Zerg!
    Romsets have been updated, so the rom we use to edit colours is not used anymore. Means you can't play on a newer emu with it.
    This little program lets you convert your old rom, edited or not, in a newer rom so that you can enjoy better emulation with Shmupmame or groovymame, and see your colour sets.

I find they make a huge difference, input wise first and foremost, and in scanlines/arcade brightness authenticity looks as well (if you don't have a CRT and need some filters to make it look like it should). It's waaaaaaaaaay better than the regular scanline effect commonly used. Even better than using a scanlines generator alone as it can compensate for the dullness of LCD colours.
  • AcomaAcoma Desert Rat Joined: Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    CVS2 Shin Akuma, SVC Violent Ken, and CVS Evil Ryu

3s_palmod_preview.png

Click the image to download
  • brunobox99brunobox99 Joined: Posts: 1
    Good evening, this is my first post. This PALMOD tool is great, I'm starting to port the extra 6 colors from Dreamcast to my Arcade ROM file, but I have a problem:

I can't find the portraits (The face of the character under the health bar) in the Dreamcast files.

Is there any way to open those Dreamcast portraits in PALMOD? I want to export the Dreamcast portrait palettes.

Thank you very much in advance.
  • SinfulBankaiSinfulBankai Get ready to die!!!!!!!!! I like Jin and Urien Joined: Posts: 5
    How do I edit stages?