The New Jersey Thread, Roc Boys in the building(get money) v.2.83

Comments

• KiiroJunKiiroJun SSF4:AE Morton's Revenge Joined: Posts: 64
    I hope you start the tourny soon cuz I'll be gone the end of next month, but I'll be a whole lot richer when I come back :cool:
  • dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 906
    what tournies that you go to that are 20 dollar entry?

that shouldnt be anything outside of majors

I think he meant paying Venue fee in addition to entering a single tourney. $10 for venue & $10 for tourney entree. That is a tad much, but if that's what the organizers have to do, then that's what it is unfortunately. They have to make a "profit" at some point too.
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • VeikuriVeikuri Joined: Posts: 457
    Anyone in northern jersey know how to fix sticks? My Up,Down,Left wire came out of my Cthulu and I need someone who knows how to fix it. PM me or post here if you charge or not
  • CataractCataract Derp. Joined: Posts: 88
    I think he meant paying Venue fee in addition to entering a single tourney. $10 for venue & $10 for tourney entree. That is a tad much, but if that's what the organizers have to do, then that's what it is unfortunately. They have to make a "profit" at some point too.

Yeah, pretty much this.Since we get the venue for free, no need to have a venue fee. If anything, i might take $5 or $10 out of the pool and buy a 24 pack of water from a nearby supermarket for everyone, but that'd be coming out of the pot, and wouldnt be much ($5-6).

A friend of mine who has been wanting to put something like this together for a while now is taking a look at the venue in the next couple of days, then we're going to talk with the town about renting it on a schedule and the actual process. If anything, the tournament and everything might all be happening in the afternoon as opposed to at night.
  • jonnittijonnitti Joined: Posts: 328
    afternoon is a lot better. i dont like it when it ends too late.
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    ok so whats good are people comin through to LK's this thursday?
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • Alex d00dAlex d00d Joined: Posts: 47
    I had no idea Break had that many known players, I was super excited to go till I got fucking sick as hell, I was watching the stream and damn lots of good players out here, guess it's time to step my game up since you guys are on a different level then Florida, anyways if i'm feeling better and LK wants to pm his address i'll swoop by. I don't play melty though.
  • Lord KnightLord Knight MONEY. WOMEN. POWER. Joined: Posts: 242
    banned from my house if you dont play mb

. . .jk

sort of
  • CriTikAlxCriTikAlx Joined: Posts: 101
    I'll be there as long as someone brings a ps2 or a ps3. I assume you got the ps2 and melty covered quotes.
    yea we just need a setup for ssf4 if other people wanna come
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
  • DynickstyDynicksty Joined: Posts: 562
    somebody want to give me a ride?
    how far off the turnpike to you live, or more like wat's your address? if it's not too far i might have room to take you.
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    I live about 15 minutes from the break. It took me about 30-40 minutes to get to LK's last time.
    yea its like a 10 minute detour so i dont mind getting u.
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    I can probably get a ride over there, would one of you be willing to drop me off home if I chip in some gas money?
    At what time is everybody planning to be at LK's house?
  • NYNNYN New York Nub Joined: Posts: 223
    how far from hoboken is it?
    how far from hoboken is it?

Its near Trenton so about an hour.
    I haven't touched Melty since we came from your house LK.............This money & PS2 thing is a real issue for me ATM.
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Bleh, looks like I can't make it, I have no ride and no1 to scoop me up, I knew I should of drove to Jersey instead of flying. -_-'
    Yo, shit just got super serious outside. Looks like I'm gonna have to take a hurricane thunderstorm check LK. All I hear is police and firetruck sirens outside. Also, I don't have a car since my brother decided to take his. I shouldn't have let my parents sell my car.
  • Diaper BombDiaper Bomb INT: 01 LCK: 99 Joined: Posts: 860
    ~Third Strike Tournament Time! (on H2H arcade cab)~

JUST DO IT
    Post more
    Cyborg 1 = www.cyborg1.com / Home of h2h 3S
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
    LK and Stick need to stop hating on my fanboy status =(
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    LK and Stick need to stop hating on my fanboy status =(

B, b, b, b, b, b, b, b, XD Good times. But on a serious note, I need Melty my damn self, I'm tired of being on standby.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • rsigleyrsigley Joined: Posts: 3,834
    -pick chun
    -learn kara throw
    -learn to hit confirm within about 25 frames
    -win tournaments

oh yea that reminds me to find my copy.

what about makoto mash? how can you stop them when they don't even know what they're doing

also i found out in 3s you have to walk back and forth a lot
    I'm the black Timberlake in black Timberlands

I still crack the block up like Meet the Browns
    btw i'll be at the break tuesday around 10:15pm (depends on when my plane lands in NJ) if anyone wants to play some marvel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DeluxeDeluxe Joined: Posts: 719
    Yo people! Check out my new tournament spot in NJ. Each event will be $5 tournament and $5 venue. I think this will attract a lot more players because we are in a SSF4 recession! I don't think this will take away from the competition...

http://shoryuken.com/f7/console-warzone-ssf4-tournament-%40-realitys-edge-north-arlington-nj-7-31-10-a-241830/
    www.consolewarzone.com
    man mvc2 dead at the break

only people playing 3s and i suck at that :(

• shboyshboy Joined: Posts: 17
    watz good jerzee in the building, i aint know it had its own thread thats what im talking bout but newho

Name: Omar
    Town: East Orange
    Games: SSF4
    PSn id:nugget 252
    Motto:M.B.A.M(Money by any means) lol

any body thats having ofline practice im down
    Don't take life too seriously you will never get out alive
    -Bugs Bunny
    watz good jerzee in the building, i aint know it had its own thread thats what im talking bout but newho

Actually I live here so whenever I'm available & in the mood to play, hit me up.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku

yoyoyoyoyo if im not mistaken you were the guile player taht brought the ps3 to arma's hosue right?
  • VeikuriVeikuri Joined: Posts: 457
    Actually I live here so whenever I'm available & in the mood to play, hit me up.

Yo I'd like to get some games in too if that's cool, but my dual-mod stick sorta broke. Not sure if I just need a new JLF or what.

Shboy: Add me on PSN I live in Orange.
    Yo I'd like to get some games in too if that's cool, but my dual-mod stick sorta broke. Not sure if I just need a new JLF or what.

Shboy: Add me on PSN I live in Orange.

if your down, im in wyckoff, tomorrow im planning on having some people over playin, and were gunna need another ps3 setup. hit me up on the PM if you are down or avail.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    what's good y'all

I'm in Flemington, NJ and hosting a get together that will last until tomorrow afternoon. Anybody interested feel free to shoot me a text @ (843) 224-8545 for directions :)
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • wadofdungwadofdung Joined: Posts: 285
    Hosting a night dedicated to fighting games in South Jersey every Monday at 8 PM. This is not a tournament, but just a night intended to get casuals in against locals at a LAN center in Northfield, NJ. Check out NP Video Gaming for more information! ONLY $5 for the whole night!
  • ginzbergginzberg Joined: Posts: 24
    I'm trying to level up.. i'm a straight up scrub. I'm in JC, and I see that E-spot has monthly stuff there. I haven't been there yet, but is there typically people playing super there on the daily? Would it be a good place to get better? I am horrible at learning online, since it's difficult to chat before and after the games to learn what I'm doing wrong (or sometimes even right) etc.

Thanks
    Have you found any new evidence?
    Casuals at my house before 8otb weekly tomorrow. Call me for info!
    was planning on doin casuals this week but im a bit busy. if anyones down next week hit me up.