The New Jersey Thread, Roc Boys in the building(get money) v.2.83

Comments

• S0L0S0L0 Joined: Posts: 4
    Check your PM's JockinJoka.
  • Kid D. ZasterKid D. Zaster It's Amore, BABY. Joined: Posts: 404
    Does anyone here play non-online sessions of Injustice? I live in the Rutgers NJ area.
    "From start to finish, I'm always at a climax."
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,408
    Rutgers isn't a city.

So is Injustice serious? Should I be playing that game?
    New Jersey
    Piscataway, which is next to Rutgers. Thought it was an easy way to find out who's an asshole.

You can skip injustice. Keep playing whatever it is you're playing.
    GENTLEMEN. The night of 8 on the Break has arrived.

Hide your kids. Hide your wife.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,890
    GENTLEMEN. The night of 8 on the Break has arrived.

Hide your kids. Hide your wife.

I live very close to the rutgers area. What games do you play?
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• scorpion990scorpion990 Joined: Posts: 4
    Anybody near Lawrenceville NJ? I play MK9, AE2012, and Injustice (none very well). I want to join a community and get my skills up!
  • ForTheViolenceForTheViolence Joined: Posts: 11
    name: Joy (im a guy)
    town/county: Atco in camden county
    games: SF4, KOF XIII, 3rd strike, vampire
    twitter: BasedJoyOmar
    KOF XIII | Street Fighter III 3rd Strike | Persona 4 Arena | Vampire Savior 1&2
    Calculated Rushdown wins games.
  • Frantastic23Frantastic23 2009 Member Joined: Posts: 1,127
    Where is Rsigley?
    Av By Master Chibi

"Long live the only strike that counts":tup:- Me
  • fireballtrapfireballtrap Respect is Earned Joined: Posts: 393
    Yo, I'm new to the area. I live in Clifton and work in Englewood Cliffs.

I play mostly SFxT now but I'm pretty good at AE and ST. I play all SF games pretty much (except 3s).

I'm looking to play with people who are pretty serious about playing regularly. I'd be willing to host once I get acquainted with everybody.

XBL: Traplicious

Anyway, I'll try and come out to any events happening in the next few weeks and meet whoever I can. Word word word
    Getting 90% of the way there is a total fuck up.
  • Dirt Mc GirtDirt Mc Girt OLD DIRTY Joined: Posts: 1,089
    Where is Rsigley?

hi

• RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    edited June 2013
    Where's the best place to find offline matches if I live in Bergen County? Other than Next Level I mean. I'm looking to find somewhere to play AE.

Also, does anyone ever go to Local Battles in Fort Lee for AE? It doesn't look like it.
    Post edited by Ramma on
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Frantastic23Frantastic23 2009 Member Joined: Posts: 1,127
    Where is Rsigley?

hi

<3
    Av By Master Chibi

"Long live the only strike that counts":tup:- Me
  • VerifyVerify Hatred Joined: Posts: 237
    Ramma wrote: »
    Where's the best place to find offline matches if I live in Bergen County? Other than Next Level I mean. I'm looking to find somewhere to play AE.

Also, does anyone ever go to Local Battles in Fort Lee for AE? It doesn't look like it.

I live close to local battles, if u wanna go there for some AE one day lemme know.
    Hatrify
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,890
    Are there any places that host offline local AE matches? I'm looking to find some people to play against or enter some tournaments near Piscataway NJ.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• Interstellar OwlInterstellar Owl Joined: Posts: 15
    Same here Genistar, but I'm down south near LBI. Anyone in Ocean/Monmouth counties that does casuals?
  • Carnage_24Carnage_24 Joined: Posts: 24
    Town: Guttenberg/Hudson County
    Games: SSFIV: AE
    Gamertag: iG Valient

Let me start off by saying I'm not very good at all, as an Ex-Competitive Call of Duty player and a hardcore gamer, I really want to join this community of skilled and active players and hopefully become as good as i possibly can be. On days that I don't work I'm always down for some local matches and online matches. I'm looking for people to train and become friends with and hopefully become good enough to play competitively at a local gaming store called Local Battles in Fort Lee near where I work. So let me know if you want to run matches I'm on frequently.
    Gamertag: Y1 Nightwing
    USFIV: Dudley
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Akuma
    In need of a mentor.
    Hey Carnage, gonna add you Carnage. 360 right?
  • ToasterToaster Joined: Posts: 2
    name: Bryan
    town/county: North Brunswick, Middlesex
    games: SSF4 AE

I'm looking for some offline matches in the area.. Send me a pm
  • CiberneticoCibernetico Joined: Posts: 307
    For anyone who lives near NY, KPB is going to start holding casual sessions for AE, Marvel and Injustice with other games being rotated in based on requests. The casual sessions will be held at Clarkson's corner in Scarsdale, NY which is southern Westchester County and about a 30 minute drive after crossing the George Washington Bridge. We will be starting these sessions next Friday and will be holding them on a weekly basis.
  • CiberneticoCibernetico Joined: Posts: 307
    BTW guys, tomorrow July 27th, Shock from KombatNetwork will be holding a multi game tournament at Yestercades in Red Bank, NJ. If you can make it, come on down and join close to 60 other players across multiple games like AE, Marvel, MK9, Injustice and Smash Bros.
  • Kenji124Kenji124 Joined: Posts: 70
    Is there any area near the bergen county where one may be able to play fighting games in a local area? I have yet to go to local battles or next level arcades due to having a hard time commuting to NY nor am I a traveler. I really would like to know if such a location exist nearby. I've played offline around June and it felt so good offline compared to online.
  • VeikuriVeikuri Joined: Posts: 457
    My friend has a yugioh store in Bayonne, and I'm trying to see if I can get him to host fighting game tournaments. Would anyone be interested? More than likely AE or Marvel if I could get an interest check.
  • RonDissectedRonDissected Joined: Posts: 13
    Veikuri wrote: »
    My friend has a yugioh store in Bayonne, and I'm trying to see if I can get him to host fighting game tournaments. Would anyone be interested? More than likely AE or Marvel if I could get an interest check.

My friend and I would be down to get some casuals there for AE.
  • leogeo2leogeo2 PSN ID: leogeo2 Joined: Posts: 17

I live in Bayonne and I'd go for AE.

Would you guys be in the area? I'm looking for more people to play against around here.
  • ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 107
    I live in PA, used to live in Jersey but im right across the bridge in Chester.
    Anyone living in the Tri-State area that wants to play online/offline can add my
    GT: MAG7VUM BROW7V
    Games: Injustice mainly, trying to get back into AE, and dabble with some KOF13, and SFxT
    Console: Xbox 360
    Im an novice-intermediate player. Just looking for someone to play long training sets with.
    I usually play afternoon-night, especially on Monday & Wednesday.
    I live in Hudson county and I am currently looking for people to go to local battles with so if anyone's interested PM me here and let me know! I really only play AE and my gamertag is Y1 Nightwing.
    In need of a mentor.
    leogeo2 wrote: »

I live in Bayonne and I'd go for AE.

Would you guys be in the area? I'm looking for more people to play against around here.

I live in North Bergen, NJ & I'm pretty sure I remember how to get to Bayonne so I'd play AE with all of you.
    In need of a mentor.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,743
    Hey guys aint post here in a minute. Since Ultra is dropping in a year i wanna focus on leveling up. anyone that wants offline sessions let me know. im willing to host and im willing to drive and by drive i mean i will drive to wayne or sandy hook, or Neptune.

IDGAF. If you are down to train then so am I.

Guys please pm me if you are serious
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • pokemongeofpokemongeof Joined: Posts: 39
    Hello people. I am a 13 year old Smash bros player looking to get into Street Fighter. Any Tips to get started, although i already know some general tournament basics.
    Plays Super Smash Bros Melee, Brawl, Project M, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Street Fighter X Tekken.

XBLA: Spaks123
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/pokemongeof

SSBM/Project M: Luigi, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Mario, many others
    SSBB: Luigi, Meta Knight, Falco, etc.
    USF4: El Fuerte (Main), Gouken, Shotos, can play many characters
    UMvC3: Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel, Spiderman/Doom/Ammy, can play many characters as well.
    SFxT: Akuma X Kuma/Heihachi, Rolento X Poison, Also etc.

Lol over all fighting games I play WAY Too many characters!
  • CYBORG COPCYBORG COP CYBER COP Joined: Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are there any tournaments for SF4 in NJ? There used to be quite a few regular tourneys like Local Battles and eSpot , but now I don't see anything in the Tournaments & Events section. I know the Break is still active but they don't run SF4.
  • Dirt Mc GirtDirt Mc Girt OLD DIRTY Joined: Posts: 1,089
    edited September 2013
    don't you mean CVS2? or hyper fighting?

• pokemongeofpokemongeof Joined: Posts: 39
    CYBORG COP wrote: »
    Are there any tournaments for SF4 in NJ? There used to be quite a few regular tourneys like Local Battles and eSpot , but now I don't see anything in the Tournaments & Events section. I know the Break is still active but they don't run SF4.

Ur right. I think the next NJ tourney might be Apex 2014 in Somerset, NJ, which im going for Smash and SSF4AE

Plays Super Smash Bros Melee, Brawl, Project M, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Street Fighter X Tekken.

XBLA: Spaks123
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/pokemongeof

SSBM/Project M: Luigi, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Mario, many others
    SSBB: Luigi, Meta Knight, Falco, etc.
    USF4: El Fuerte (Main), Gouken, Shotos, can play many characters
    UMvC3: Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel, Spiderman/Doom/Ammy, can play many characters as well.
    SFxT: Akuma X Kuma/Heihachi, Rolento X Poison, Also etc.

Lol over all fighting games I play WAY Too many characters!
    don't you mean CVS2? or hyper fighting?
    CVS2? What is that? Sounds kinda made up.
    CYBORG COP wrote: »

Ur right. I think the next NJ tourney might be Apex 2014 in Somerset, NJ, which im going for Smash and SSF4AE
    Too bad there isn't something like a small local tourney. Only the Break still does weeklies I guess.

The tournaments at Yestercade in Red Bank usually run Street Fighter, but they're a bit irregular--only once every couple months. I think the next one is Oct. 12, but I can't find a link at the moment.
    New Jersey
    The tournaments at Yestercade in Red Bank usually run Street Fighter, but they're a bit irregular--only once every couple months. I think the next one is Oct. 12, but I can't find a link at the moment.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that one.

Still no link, but I spoke to Shock today and the next Red Bank tournament is the 19th, not the 12th.
    New Jersey
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/179931/dustbowl-championships-10-19-2013-syracuse-ny-1-150-prize-pool#latest

get ready!!!
    everyone needs to come! if this goes well..next year i will be looking at a 2day event
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    I'm being a bit lazy, but yes. the next Redbank tourney will be in redbank.

We knocked off 2 of the games, so we are looking to run smoother.
    umvc, injustice, AE, and the two smashes(melee/brawl)

if we get the interest and numbers, we'll do cvs2 too. I have ps2 sticks available.

heres the fb link.

https://www.facebook.com/events/629158833772330/
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
  • Sizar_92Sizar_92 Joined: Posts: 451
    Hi, I'll studying a semester abroad starting next januari, and my host university is Stevens Institute of Technology. Is there anyone here
    that I can ask some questions to regarding housing and public transportation? Thanks in advance
  • manila555manila555 Joined: Posts: 141
    Hey all.

I'm in the area for a few days for a family wedding and I'm staying in the west orange area.

Is there a FGC community or casuals that happen in this part of nj?

Cheers
    XBL: Tactix555
    PSN: Tactix
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,446
    edited November 2013
    Any of you looking to buy or know a friend who wants to buy a fightstick? Im selling mine because I bought it awhile ago to try it out but Im 100% sure I'll be a pad player the rest of my gaming life. It's a limited edition BB stick for PS3 with signatures from MarlinPie, MastaCJ and Mr Quotes on the bottom. Looking to sell for $100 maybe lower.

I would post in the trading section but I dont feel like dealing with shipping

Nm, may have found a buyer
    Post edited by Kaiten92 on
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

• dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 906
    In case no one got the memo or they haven't heard yet, Bum's upcoming KOFXIII tournament is Saturday (November 16, 2013) at the House of Crack. Check previous House of Crack Tournament threads for address, tournament rules, and other details

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/193093140879071/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • HonkymagooHonkymagoo Joined: Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    So nobody has posted in here in awhile, huh?

I live in River Vale (in Bergen County). Sick of online matches looking to actually play local to improve my game. I play AE 2012 mainly but I picked up Blazblue: CP recently and want to play some of that too. I also own kof13, injustice, and umvc3 and enjoy any fighting game even though I'm really not that good at most of them.

So if anyone wants to play/still looks at this thread let me know.

OH and I also have a stick (madcatz TE) with a joystick that is sticking and I kinda fucked shit up trying to crack it open and fix it myself. If anyone wants to give me a hand with that as well that would be awesome. Opened it twice: first time I got everything back together but it was still not working. Second time I couldn't manage to get it back together -_-
  • lycanscar950lycanscar950 Joined: Posts: 69
    Anyone in the south jersey area play offline i really wanna improve my game. i pretty much play SF4, but i can pick up other games as well
    What part of south jersey?
    Don't forget that 8 on the Break is still running every Tuesday!
    340 North Avenue, Dunellen, New Jersey 08812
    Casuals start about 8:00-8:30, tournament starts 9:00-9:30.
    Ultra SFIV and Injustice are $10 each to enter, NO venue fee.

Streamed courtesy of Jaxel on 8wayrun.tv and brackets can be found at 8wayrun.challonge.com
    New Jersey
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    What happened to Marvel? Did people just stop showing up?
    Yeah, I think that was about the size of it.
    Street Fighter kind of trailed off; Marvel held on a little longer but it's been just Injustice for a while until Ultra came out.
    But now Ultra is bringing in some new blood and we're getting good numbers for it.
    New Jersey