Skream Twin Arcade Stick panel

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=3545621

What do you guys think of this panel? good to buy and mod with better sticks and buttons? its so cheap too!

Cant find any info on it anywhere on the net, so if any of you gurus know anything about it, please post! Thanks!

Comments

• noobernoober Joined: Posts: 270
    that layout looks like it would bug.

plexi maybe.
    Im off the wall like Vega. "wale"
    SRKdot com. cause nigguhs is nerds too.
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    scary lookin
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    It looks off from the Japanese arcade layout, but that might not be a huge deal to you. Without seeing the internals, I can't tell you how easy it would be to mod. Looks promising though.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Whats the worst that can happen? LOL rip out the PCB and put in 2 DS1's and im sorted :D as i've got buttons n sticks in the mail on its way. It just saves me doing a panel from scratch or sourcing one out. It looks decent enuff i guess :)
  • xqoolexqoole Joined: Posts: 243
    that's pretty cool, if ypu can get it fairly cheap, that'd be a great mod
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is it just me or does it seem as if the roundhouse button has been modded?
    i think it might just be the shitty qual pic...

its looks identical to the blaze twin stick. it if the same as the blaze twin stick, the wooden one, not the plastic one, the stock parts are pretty good. the sticks have a lonf throw, tho, but circular moevements are easy as, like a cirular gate. the buttons are very very slightly concaved, but responsive
    wow thanks guys, i'll look up that Blaze twin stick. I ended up buying one of these Skream sticks from Ebay so it should be here like next week.

Tetsuosan, LOL wow you have an eye for detail, i didnt even notice that. Good job!
    If you want to be "da man" you could probably try and mod a sega astro city cpo on it. I just googled the pic of the panel and it looks similar in size to that stick. It's probably a clone of the sega saturn virtua stick pro hss-0130. If you can when you get it would you mind taking a hq pic of it?
    I will post pics of it when i get it, since its unknown to Google. I did a bit of search and apparently some people say that the panel doesnt have enough depth to replace with other sticks, but we'll have to see!
  • Shodokan123Shodokan123 3s 4 Life Joined: Posts: 3,407
    ^ When there's a will there's a way

where theres a router theres a way

you can always route down the plastic more or make a custom mounting plate.
    Stupid games...
  • serpentariusserpentarius Plastic Modeller Joined: Posts: 147
    I will post pics of it when i get it, since its unknown to Google. I did a bit of search and apparently some people say that the panel doesnt have enough depth to replace with other sticks, but we'll have to see!

The plastic one surely is not deep enough... I am modding one right now. But did someone say there is a wooden version???
    I say Astro City cpo on there route all of that top plastic off and call it a day. Anyone agree with me?
  • leavealleaveal not in it for the $$ Joined: Posts: 602
    why even use an astro city? that would be pimp and manly, but it's too expensive. just get sanwas an mount them.

edit:
    i'm a moron. didn't even realize you were talking about the overlay, not the control panel itself. lol. anyway, yeah, astro city overlay would look nice. custom art could be better though!
    "Get one that is programmed to never play rap/hip-hop/R&B."
    -Shin00bi, car stereo advice thread
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    just have the control panel a few MM above the base itself.

that would be pimpin'.
    OK, as promised here are the pictures. Its not of high quality cos i cant find my camera so i've used my fone instead. The first few pics were low quality cos i've forgotten to change the fone settings. When i realized, it was too late as i have butchered the panel already :D

This is the full view of the stick from outside

fulloutbj2.jpg

Full view of inside

fullinqt9.jpg

Closeup of P1 side
    closeupinrf7.jpg

This pic is to show the HUGEEE long throw of this stick, it has a circular restrictor plate too.

longthrowrb1.jpg

Gremlin Solutions gave me 2 free balls as a gesture of good will :D

modgreentg3.jpg

Final setup will have the white ball though, it could be Clear also, but not Clear Green as in previous pic.

modwhite2ba6.jpg

modwhiteua1.jpg

The Sanwa Illuminated buttons will fit in this panel perfectly, holes doesnt need modifying and panel depth has plenty of room, it will not fit in a sega VHSG or dreamcast agetec, these pushbuttons require alot of depth.

paneldepthuw9.jpg

This is to show you guys the stock stick that came with it, the actual shaft had some chinese writing on it, could be japanese i dont know :)

The Joystick mount had the letters LS engraved on it. Also the balltop seems like a 40mm atleast, could be 45mm

stockstick2iv1.jpg
    stockstickja6.jpg

Im not too keen on the massively long throw of this joystick so i cant say much about the microswitches it uses, however this stick was found to be quite faulty anyway when i tried to play, the TOP/LEFT corner doesnt seem to register properly and took very careful precisioning to actually get a character to jump. The way the microswitches need these extra metal panels to push the buttons and not the stick shaft itself could be the problem.
    stockswitchve8.jpg

I cant mount the Sanwa JLF yet cus the mounts dont fit, the stick is underside mounted from the top panel, but theres not enough plastic to play with so i will have to use the current mounting holes and create another plate to fit ontop of that but also have holes for the JLF. I dont have correct tools right now but if serpentarius knows of a different way to mount the stick then please share :)

Oh yeah the plastic of this case is very cheap looking and feels very light and fragile. Its no where near the quality of ANY other stick ive used including the EX2. Compare this to say the Sega VSHG is like universes apart :D. Nothing abit of weight, and some decent layers of paint and gloss wont fix though. I would like to sort out the wiring etc before i think about custom art. Cant wait to get those buttons lighting up on press activation!!

Well if anyone has ideas to help, please do share!!
  • leavealleaveal not in it for the $$ Joined: Posts: 602
    tried mounting the JLF without the mounting plate? the plastic "wings" might reach.

if they don't then you might have to mount LS32s on the top panel, then cover it with overlay art or something. i'm wondering what those new buttons are, btw. they look pretty weird to me. lol
    "Get one that is programmed to never play rap/hip-hop/R&B."
    -Shin00bi, car stereo advice thread
    They are Pushbuttons with Sanwa switches, the buttons has clips so it will take LEDS. They feel very stiff though compared to the buttons on the VSHG. Maybe the switches are stiffer to press. I dont know, cant really tell how they play until everything is up and running.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    The hole for the sticks looks huge. Maybe you could stick some Fanta sticks in it, which need a bigger hole than Sanwas.
    Wow that looks like a much better panel than the Blaze, as far as mod'ability is concerned. So much depth and there are no plastic pillars on the underside that are there to serve no purpose, like the Blaze... The Blaze even requires you to desolder the PCB first
    if they don't then you might have to mount LS32s on the top panel, then cover it with overlay art or something. i'm wondering what those new buttons are, btw. they look pretty weird to me. lol

Yeah I am modding the Blaze with LS32s and that's pretty much what I did: Forget about the mounting plates, drill holes on the panel, dremel anything in the way and buttom mounted them. Then over with artwork.

The buttons, they are Ultralux arent they?

EDIT: I just realize there maybe something unclear... the one I am modding is a Blaze, not Skream
    i'll cut my own mounting plate to go ontop of the ready made holes and then mount the JLF S plates onto that. Problem solved. Yea the hole is HUGE thats why i've kept the washer that came with the Skream panel LOL. Their stock stick was huge and had a huge throw so needed a big hole. But anyway i hated it.

As far as i know they're Sanwa illuminated buttons cus the switches has Sanwa labelled on them, however it could just be sanwa switches with other brand pushbuttons i dont know. Can you post up some pics of ur project Serpentarius?
    Does anyone know the difference in size between the JLF-P1 and the Seimitsu RE plates? It seems, judging by the pictures, that the seimitsu plate would fit on that mounting bracket better then the jlf.
    i'll cut my own mounting plate to go ontop of the ready made holes and then mount the JLF S plates onto that. Problem solved. Yea the hole is HUGE thats why i've kept the washer that came with the Skream panel LOL. Their stock stick was huge and had a huge throw so needed a big hole. But anyway i hated it.

As far as i know they're Sanwa illuminated buttons cus the switches has Sanwa labelled on them, however it could just be sanwa switches with other brand pushbuttons i dont know. Can you post up some pics of ur project Serpentarius?

Where did you get the buttons? I am using the Ultralux and I have to say they look exactly the same. And surely enough the Ultralux actually uses Sanwa switches. You can check that out in www.ultimarc.com .

I've been taking pics of my project, but the plan is to have one complete worklog when it is finally done. Well, maybe I'll upload a few later
    Ok, here're some photos of what I am working on:

The original Blaze:
    w135484053.jpg

Now turned into this:
    w135484062.jpg

The whole area dremeled to fit the LS32:
    w135484068.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the short clearance of the Blaze:
    w135484079.jpg
  • tl613tl613 Joined: Posts: 1,752
    Good stuff on the Blaze. I should be getting one in the mail tomorrow and will probably need help/advice on what to do. Mind if I send you some PMs? :lovin:
  • KabaLKabaL My yomi is better Joined: Posts: 1,073
    A long time ago there was a shop here in Chile selling one of those, but some idiot broke it in the same shop and they just had it for cosmetical purposes... Should ask for them if they would sell it to me anyway, now that I know that it's moddeable...!!! grrr...

It's very hard to find arcade sticks in this country - except for those fake Tekken 5 and Soul EXcalibur Hori's...

Great job!
    ~~Where in the world is Opips2 ??~~
  • TheRealNeoGeoTheRealNeoGeo Arcadeparts Joined: Posts: 3,150
    Does anyone know the difference in size between the JLF-P1 and the Seimitsu RE plates? It seems, judging by the pictures, that the seimitsu plate would fit on that mounting bracket better then the jlf.

I have drawn this before (all measurements in millimeters):

JLF-P-1
    sanwa-JLFP1.jpg

RE
    seimitsu-RE.jpg

All plates (Seimitsu P-40 not included):
    allplatessansei.jpg
  • noobernoober Joined: Posts: 270
    Ok, here're some photos of what I am working on:

The original Blaze:
    log_prev1.jpg

Now turned into this:
    log_prev2.jpg

The whole area dremeled to fit the LS32:
    log_prev3.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the short clearance of the Blaze:
    log_prev4.jpg

for shumps, is that border down on the artwork?
    Im off the wall like Vega. "wale"
    SRKdot com. cause nigguhs is nerds too.
    Good stuff on the Blaze. I should be getting one in the mail tomorrow and will probably need help/advice on what to do. Mind if I send you some PMs? :lovin:
    A long time ago there was a shop here in Chile selling one of those, but some idiot broke it in the same shop and they just had it for cosmetical purposes... Should ask for them if they would sell it to me anyway, now that I know that it's moddeable...!!! grrr...

It's very hard to find arcade sticks in this country - except for those fake Tekken 5 and Soul EXcalibur Hori's...

Great job!

I actually don't recommend getting it for modding, but if you already got it, sure, shoot me some PMs. Just note that it is not designed to have mod'ability in mind (so much useless things in there, have a bunch of PCBs soldered in place, and is unbelievably short), so be prepared.
    for shumps, is that border down on the artwork?

Yeah its Border Down, among a bunch of other shooters. In fact, I challenge anyone to list all shmups that are featured on the panel! First to get all will have the crappy buttons that I savaged from the original Blaze for free :rofl:!