Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0

Comments

• ShinJuviShinJuvi Hip Hip Hip! Shawnic Breetz! Joined: Posts: 619
    Trying to volunteer for the game room at realmscon this year. Last year's rulesets were trash. XD

When is realms?

Sent from my Atrix 4G via HerpDerp
    MvC2: Sentinel/Cable/Cyclops
    SSF4: Dhalsim
    MvC3: Morrigan/Trish/Akuma
    Corpus Christi, TX - "Oh we blue laser that here!"
  • SmilesTXSmilesTX Joined: Posts: 9
    on my birthday :) oct 7th-9th
    That tall dude with dreads smilin n' shit...yeh.
  • QueenBBBQueenBBB I am 3/5ths Brown. Joined: Posts: 250
    Trying to volunteer for the game room at realmscon this year. Last year's rulesets were trash. XD

what were the rulesets last year?
    popcicles are just fucking delicious - r3y
    what were the rulesets last year?
    In a nutshell, if you didnt win all of your matches before finals despite the double elim rule, the highest you could get was second place. For example, in the Tekken 6 tourney last year I lost in semis and was put into losers finals the win after that and won. But the tourney ended right there. I couldnt get a second chance at winning the tourney and the guy who won(who pretty much bodied me anyway) didnt have to fight me again. I dont think it would have made too much of a difference anyway but still....i wanted to at least try again. You never know.
    runbacks mean you would more or less know whats coming. I agree thats a stupid ruleset.
  • FedoraFedora Joined: Posts: 204
    We'll be at Phelps place tomorrow (Thursday) starting at around 6:30-7:00. Hopefully people can show up. Taking off work early just so I can show up T_T. Haven't had a chance to get together since evo.
  • Mr-PhelpsMr-Phelps Arcade Junkie Joined: Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Everyone is invited, it gives me a reason to get off my butt and clean.
    With great power comes great responsibility

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    awesome.

same place when we had went the last time fedora?

PHelps, you don't mind if Tim comes does he?
    Same place as before, and I don't mind if he comes. Everyone is invited.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • RiDdLeBoXRiDdLeBoX Sittin' Joined: Posts: 433
    GG's to everyone last night! Thanks for having us over Phelps.
    Thanks for last night phelps! Had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
  • AlphaJeffAlphaJeff Joined: Posts: 2
    Was gonna ask for directions for yesterday but got busy is it weird i miss getting bodied?
    Was gonna ask for directions for yesterday but got busy is it weird i miss getting bodied?

naw. I love getting bodied by them.

I'm learning a lot of stuff that I probably wouldn't have learned otherwise except re-reading threads here. Nice group of folks.

PHelps do another one
    I got stuck at work again, even with the going to get off early I just got more jobs stuck on me at the last minute that had to get done that day. FML
    gg's to all at the tourney today. Fedora has a solid akuma. sorry for epic round 1 win button checks :(

who won ae? I left early.

So I'm starting to like this street fighting game..anyone know where I can buy sticks locally?
    So I'm starting to like this street fighting game..anyone know where I can buy sticks locally?

Sometimes you can find the TE sticks at the local Gamestops, but your best bet would be to purchase online because there are always promo codes going around to get 10% or more off your order. Cross Counter is almost always these types of promo codes.
    Jewel won AE.

I personally wouldn't buy any sticks locally unless they are from a friend. You could get one at gamestop but they'll make you pay full list price and usually a small inflation because chances are they are going to have to ship it in from somewhere because they rarely keep them on hand.

As far as sticks go that you can just buy from a dealers website like hori or gamesharkstore (aka madcatz) etc... I personally like a madcatz TE stick because of the weight of the stick and the positioning of the controls. I like hori's second but they are lighter weight unless you get the hori premium but it is overpriced, they also have the start button on the right side of the control panel. I can't count how many times i have seen someone hit the start button because of it's positioning. Qanba sticks are also good as well but I haven't played on one.

As Jay said there is usually a promo code out there for one of those retailers. Crosscounter always has one for madcatz and usually any big streamed tourney will have multiple codes during the weekend for either hori or madcatz so you can probably combine some promo codes.

You can also look in the Trading outlet forum if you want to buy off of someone on srk. Usually have some good deals on used sticks.

If you want a PS3 stick I can sell you my hori one for 80, I've hardly used it all and usually sits in the trunk of my car. I still have the box as well.

Also if your going to go as far as to invest in a stick i would also direct you to this thread.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/

Unless you play on a good crt I would also invest in a low input lag display. The Asus VH236H is 179.99 new at most online retailers. Usually Asus also has a mail in rebate of 20 dollars on them. These also went up on black friday sale for cheap last year if you wanna wait out for that. These monitors are also standard at EVO and MLG. They basically cost as much as a TE retail.

If you got any other questions feel free to ask.
    Unless you play on a good crt I would also invest in a low input lag display. The Asus VH236H is 179.99 new at most online retailers. Usually Asus also has a mail in rebate of 20 dollars on them. These also went up on black friday sale for cheap last year if you wanna wait out for that. These monitors are also standard at EVO and MLG. They basically cost as much as a TE retail.

thanks! I am looking for a new TV..have had a CRT for about a good 5 years now and its time to upgrade to a slimmer version. I'm probably not looking for any in 32 inches though.
    You looking for something bigger or smaller than 32".

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    You looking for something bigger or smaller than 32".

thinking about it..probably in the 24-32 range. 19 is too small and 42 is too big.
    I hear that the LGs have been pretty good so far for low lag input, but I'm not sure if that includes the Led Lcds. AVS forums would be your best bet to check any newer models.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    Dude I got a sick ass Samsung 46" that's tested lag free. Who's playing tonight hit me up 3618132518, Juan's back in town suckas!
    I wanna play
    Yo we playing that KOF 13

Sent from my Atrix 4G via HerpDerp
  • Big[Nasty]Big[Nasty] hottest male at EVO! Joined: Posts: 366
    i should bring my asus monitor next time that casual gamers has a tourney. there was some lag on the montior that they had.
    KOF 13 its all about radien
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth
    Where's your curly mustache at?:{D
    http://twitpic.com/24lnyr
  • Tim-209Tim-209 Joined: Posts: 9
    i should bring my asus monitor next time that casual gamers has a tourney. there was some lag on the montior that they had.
    KOF 13 its all about radien

Do you remember which monitor? We will try to get that fixed.

...and if you dont have anything to do this weekend.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-10-2011-cg-greatest-battles-mk9-mvc3-sept-10th-corpus-christi-tx-corpus-chtisti-tx.145241/
    The two main displays that were used at a glance looked like to the same make and model display. I didn't look at the model numbers for any confirmation but they both felt to have at least 2-3 frames of input lag. You could visually see the lag sometimes by just tapping a direction and seeing how long it took for you to move and then stop. The lag was almost as similar as using the LS switch on a madcatz stick rather than using the DP switch. If your not sure how that feels go into a game into t-mode and try just tapping a direction with it in the LS position and you'll see what i mean.

I'd suggest getting a uniform set of displays at least 2-3 and the link i posted a few posts back has a good set of low cost low input lag monitors. In a couple weeks I will most likely order a couple VH236H's that I wouldn't mind bringing until I have my pet project ready in a couple months that they will be used for.
    Sorry for double posting but it's the corpus thread it's not like it's getting a ton of traffic but a big shout of to Chris (aka BIG FUCKIN NASTY) for taking Jewelman home for me Saturday night. I was so damn tired man after eating. I think that chicken mixed with the sirloin mixed with all the other greasy shit at that place was killing my stomache too for a bit.
    Figured I'd throw this out there. It's a "Used" Asus VH236H. I'd check this out QueenBBB if your on a budget. It's about 130.00 with shipping. Roughly 50 dollars less than a brand new one. I'd just on it but I just love brand new things. This is how I get myself into debt. Curse shiny plastics.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800803499-USE/ASUS_VH236H_VH236H_23_Widescreen_Monitor.html
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    damn spam
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
    Figured I'd throw this out there. It's a "Used" Asus VH236H. I'd check this out QueenBBB if your on a budget. It's about 130.00 with shipping. Roughly 50 dollars less than a brand new one. I'd just on it but I just love brand new things. This is how I get myself into debt. Curse shiny plastics.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800803499-USE/ASUS_VH236H_VH236H_23_Widescreen_Monitor.html

Thanks!

I was looking at TV's today..whats the difference between LED and LCD's? There was a LED for around 350 (including tax so that's around the area) for a 32' LG. I didn't get the actual model number although I'm sure that can be found on wal-mart's website.

I'm going to be doing this slowly instead of all at once (aka getting both system/game/stick)

How brand new are we talking with your ps3 stick, fedora? I wouldn't mind having for both systems...
    Pretty new. I only used it 4 times or so. Didn't particularly like the weight of it but maybe you might. I still have the box and other than the 4 times it was used it has been in the trunk of my car. You can check it out next time I'm out somewhere.

Don't quote me on this but I think led tv's give a little better color than lcd and should also be better on tracing. I forget the technical term. Really between the lcd, led, plasma they can all look about the same to me. If all you really care about is a good high quality picture I think you'll be easily satisfied. If you plan on gaming though I would seriously take into consideration the list I posted in that one link and also do what phelps said. The people at avsforums have more displays with results posted you'll just have to do a little digging. I think most the links for their good threads can be found in SRK's tech talk forum under the definitive hdtv lag thread.
  • gboblyngboblyn Joined: Posts: 115
    If anyone is interested in dual modding a stick or building a new one I'm thinking about selling my MC Cthulu board. I bought it like a year ago and I still haven't done anything with it.

Now we're all settled in at the new apartment and I'm starting to get used to the school schedule so hopefully I'll be able to play some games with you guys soon. I've been itching to play some SF4.
    One main advantage to LED is that the backlighting is spread evenly, which can help can give higher contrasts since it's using LED lighting instead of fluorescent lights. LED's also tend to consume less energy and tend to go longer without dimming.

I have a LED tv, a LCD tv, and an iMac with a LED monitor with a LCD secondary display. I do notice that the LED displays have more vibrant colors, but I agree with Jerry that they all look about the same to me (assuming that you properly calibrate and optimize the settings). Specifically for gaming, I'd go with the Asus monitor Jerry linked.
  • JIVE TURKEY JONESJIVE TURKEY JONES Aegis Connoisseur Joined: Posts: 992
    Did anybody happen to record 3S footage from that recent tournament? (Saturday, September 3rd)

--Jive
    I just finished talking to the guy in charge of volunteering, and he said ill more than likely be the one in charge of the tourney rules for realmscon. Here's hoping for a good showing.
  • sacrededgesacrededge Joined: Posts: 16
    Hey mans! any games this week!?
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    Did anybody happen to record 3S footage from that recent tournament? (Saturday, September 3rd)

--Jive
    there were a few Uriens in the semi finals, lets just say yours would have put them to shame.
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
    Hey mans! any games this week!?
    Yes this Thursday around 6:30-7:00. Everyone is invited as usual.
    there were a few Uriens in the semi finals, lets just say yours would have put them to shame.
    Hey, I still have your stick here. Just let me know when you want it back or want to pick it up.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    corpus christi gatherings to replace salty conflict online and team spooky?!