Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0

Comments

• SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    Yes this Thursday around 6:30-7:00. Everyone is in invited as usual.

Hey, I still have your stick here. Just let me know when you want it back or want to pick it up.
    if I dont get called in, i'll stop by and game with you guys. Jerry reminded me about it at the tournament, totally forgot, lol.

I dont mind you guys using it, i have 2 1/2 sticks here anyway.
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
  • ShinJuviShinJuvi Hip Hip Hip! Shawnic Breetz! Joined: Posts: 619
    I'm there!

Sent from my Atrix 4G via HerpDerp
    MvC2: Sentinel/Cable/Cyclops
    SSF4: Dhalsim
    MvC3: Morrigan/Trish/Akuma
    Corpus Christi, TX - "Oh we blue laser that here!"
  • QueenBBBQueenBBB I am 3/5ths Brown. Joined: Posts: 250
    Yes this Thursday around 6:30-7:00. Everyone is invited as usual.

Hey, I still have your stick here. Just let me know when you want it back or want to pick it up.

Yay.

Also there's a 32 inch samsung for 300 or so at wal-mart. Would that be the best bet? I couldn't' find any LG's at least in the size range I wanted..

Oh. Probably short notice but there's a MK9/mvc3 tourney this Saturday at CG. I'll probably go to donate money to the pot again but just for MK9.
    popcicles are just fucking delicious - r3y
  • RiDdLeBoXRiDdLeBoX Sittin' Joined: Posts: 433
    Also there's a 32 inch samsung for 300 or so at wal-mart. Would that be the best bet? I couldn't' find any LG's at least in the size range I wanted..

You have to look at every little number on there to know if it's a good deal usually. Sometimes they'll sucker people to get a crappy tv because people sometimes just look at the size of the tv and think it's a good deal. Do you have a link to the item or anything?

If you use AIM, PM me your sn.
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I see you guys looking for a tv or a few monitors. Someone in tech talk compiled a list of tvs/monitors that have actually had lag tests performed on them so Id definitely take a look in this thread. Check it out http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/#post-5831198

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
    You have to look at every little number on there to know if it's a good deal usually. Sometimes they'll sucker people to get a crappy tv because people sometimes just look at the size of the tv and think it's a good deal. Do you have a link to the item or anything?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-LN32D450/15992346

looking at it the model number is a bit different in that thread is a bit different. I'm thinking its because of the thread being the LED version and this one being LCD. I tihnk the LCD in teh store was being sold for 300 (365 with tax and the 2 year additional warranty..can't be too trusting with wal-mart stuff)
  • FedoraFedora Joined: Posts: 204
    Ya I posted that link to them 1 page back DJ. I guess he wants something local to not heed the almighty list!

Anyway I should be able to make it out to Phelps place tonight. I'll talk to you about displays there so you can find the one that is right for you.
    BTW keep this in mind when I see you at Phelps.

What kind of hookups you want? (HDMI, Composite, Component)
    Preferred size?
    Price range?
    Do you require local purchasing or can you order from a website?
    Preference of picture quality over input lag?
    Any other cosmetic or little things you may want?

I'll basically tell you what t.v. to buy.
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    yeah, cause thats the only thing youre good at....oooo sick burn.
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
  • Mr-PhelpsMr-Phelps Arcade Junkie Joined: Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GGs everybody, and thanks for stopping by. It was good to see everyone again. I'll admit we could've used more Bagel Bites, save some for me next time!
    With great power comes great responsibility

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    BTW keep this in mind when I see you at Phelps.

What kind of hookups you want? (HDMI, Composite, Component)
    Preferred size?
    Price range?
    Do you require local purchasing or can you order from a website?
    Preference of picture quality over input lag?
    Any other cosmetic or little things you may want?

I'll basically tell you what t.v. to buy.

I probably wouldn't want any of the old hook ups but if they come with them I guess they come with them. But I'd prefer HDMI unless there's some bad lag with those.
    Size would be mid 20's to low-mid 30's inch.
    I wouldn't mind local purchasing but if the only way to order one would be from a website then so be it
    IS there a way to get both? I guess in put lag would be the better one since I'd just be using the TV to do gaming on.
    I don't tihnk there's really anything else for it, except for it to not take too much space.

Also gg's to everyone last night. Phelps I thought you liked asian cafe which is why rey suggested it :)
    GGs everybody, and thanks for stopping by. It was good to see everyone again. I'll admit we could've used more Bagel Bites, save some for me next time!

Thanks for hosting, it was fun.

QueenBBB - http://monoprice.com is a great place to buy HDMI cables (or any cabling you need). Inexpensive, and fast shipping.
    Based on what your looking looking for I would just go ahead and get this refurbished LG on amazon.

LG 32LD450
    Has the size you want, 2 HDMI, 1 Composite, 1 Component, 1 Serial, less than a frame of lag, 1080p

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0039RRCJ8/ref=dp_olp_refurbished_mbc?ie=UTF8&storeAttribute=e&m=A3EWRFHP5OOL6Y&qid=1315609095&sr=1-1&submit.see-all-buying-options=see-all-buying-options&condition=refurbished

Prolly the best bang for your buck, I know it's refurbished but unless you want to go a monitor route I'd go with this. I wouldn't suggest anything to you I wouldn't buy myself, refurbished or not.
  • R3yR3y Random Acts of Violence Joined: Posts: 370
    GGs yesterday. It was good to see such a big turn out for games and nice to see so many people that I had not seen in a while.

ShinJuvi - It was nice to finally meet you.
    Phelps - Thanks again for hosting. It's greatly appreciated man. Thanks for keeping that freezer stocked with popsicles. I'll one day complete my dream of eating all of them.

Goddamn, I want some more of that fried rice!
    SSF4: Akuma, Cammy, Ken 3S: Akuma, Ken, Yang SF2HF: "We don't play Hyper Fighting"
    BBCS: Jin GG: Baiken
    LoL: Thepatient/HuntedWhumpus
    GGs yesterday. It was good to see such a big turn out for games and nice to see so many people that I had not seen in a while.

ShinJuvi - It was nice to finally meet you.
    Phelps - Thanks again for hosting. It's greatly appreciated man. Thanks for keeping that freezer stocked with popsicles. I'll one day complete my dream of eating all of them.

Goddamn, I want some more of that fried rice!

see sig
    OMG DOUBLE POST

so "aged to perfection" alamo beer does the following
    - makes you input demon on akuma when you in reality have U2
    - restore your youth by one month
    - grows hair and other abnormalities on your chest because of the radiation
    - makes you go 12-1 in DOTA (I played this when I got home)
    -pick dan and think its a viable choice against e.honda

also shoutouts to me making top 6 in mortal kombat with day 0 sub zero gameplay
    Once you drink that Alamo, your a changed man for life. Probably for worse rather than better lol.

Good stuff yesterday everyone, between chilling at CG, dinner, and heading over to some of that good phelps hospitality, I had a pretty good day. Sorry about getting kind of loud near the end. Anyways I'm tired now so GG's everyone.
    Once you drink that Alamo, your a changed man for life. Probably for worse rather than better lol..

I can still taste it, which is the fucked up part.
    Once you drink Alamo mixing raw sewage, cardboard and blood will remind you of the rich almost velvety aftertaste.

It was nice to get out and have some fun and meet some new people. I'll try and enter the next tournament they have at CG because being a voyeur was only so amusing =P.

As always:

Phelps thank you for your continued hospitality. It's always appreciated. I'll try to do a better job of helping you clean your place up next time.

Everyone else, good games. It felt good to see everyone playing and enjoying themselves. Apologies for the yelling while playing SSF4. I blame the Alamo.

and I know Honda would have recovered in time to jump that demon if I did have ultra 1 lol but my fingers didn't know that ;_;
    SSF4: Akuma, Cammy, Ken 3S: Akuma, Ken, Yang SF2HF: "We don't play Hyper Fighting"
    Once you drink that Alamo, your a changed man for life. Probably for worse rather than better lol.

I bet that 8 month expired milk changed that homeless guy's life, or ended it.....
    I was thinking if you get pee'd on, you drink an Alamo.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    I was thinking if you get pee'd on, you drink an Alamo.

I had the alamo taste in my mouth until late afternoon.

I dont' want to remember it anymore..
    anything going on thursday aka a possible hint to buying shitty beer and drinking it if/when you get P'd on?
    Up to Phelps, dunno what my schedule is gonna be like Thursday. I might be in town for a little bit today to drop off some old spare parts but that's all I know of my schedule atm.
    I'm down for anything

Sent from my Beast City via BugMux
  • sacrededgesacrededge Joined: Posts: 16
    Phelps-con okgo!
    Phelps-con!

I'm still waiting for Battle on the Beach sponsored by Four Loco, Pete's chicken and the letter F.
    I'm down for phelps-con

didn't someone suggest 4 player Left 4 dead? I think that'd be fun
  • gboblyngboblyn Joined: Posts: 115
    8 player L4D would be better. Playing as the zombies is awesome.
    L4D would be pretty fun, do we have enough screens and systems? Games today around 6:30-7:00, everyone is invited.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    I can't make it tonight thanks to my graphic's project, but if I somehow finish early I'll let you guys know.
    L4D would be pretty fun, do we have enough screens and systems? Games today around 6:30-7:00, everyone is invited.

I'll be coming a bit late tonight. To compensate though, I will be bringing the best 6 pack ever..
    BUMP

so my friend suggested we do a L4D drinking game if we want

- has to be on challenging mode
    - every time someone uses a medkit, pills, or adrenaline shot, they take a drink
    - every time a tank spawns, everyone takes a drink
    - run into a witch, they take a drink (you get bro status if you do this on that sugar mill stage or something)
    - any time someone gets caught and infected, they take a drink

I dont' know how L4D works at all and my friend plays it a lot so unless anyone else has any suggestions..
    I'll bring the DC Marvel!

Sent from my Beast City via BugMux
    Nice! Marvel Filthy Mix!

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    Won't be able to make it tonight.
    aside from J and rey, does anyone else play league of legends?
    Anyone want to do anything tomorrow? I know some people will be in SA for Bonnies but I still have to work. So anyway let me know if anyone wants to get some games in etc...
    I should be able to get some games in tomorrow.

Also I think I'm picking up Seth as a secondary.
    Anyone want to do anything tomorrow? I know some people will be in SA for Bonnies but I still have to work. So anyway let me know if anyone wants to get some games in etc...

I'm down depending on how I feel but I'll be talking a lot less (is that possible) because of my throat