Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0

Comments

• Big[Nasty]Big[Nasty] hottest male at EVO! Joined: Posts: 366
    i probably enter ssf4 but i will probably be fuck up...it makes game a whole lot better
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth
    Where's your curly mustache at?:{D
    http://twitpic.com/24lnyr
  • SmilesTXSmilesTX Joined: Posts: 9
    They havent told me what system is on what yet, but if any fighting games are on 360, ill bring my stick for yall to use. I ordered a ps3 te but the shipping was on hold for some reason and i dont think it will be delivered on time. If it is, ill bring that for people to use too.
    That tall dude with dreads smilin n' shit...yeh.
  • QueenBBBQueenBBB I am 3/5ths Brown. Joined: Posts: 250
    They havent told me what system is on what yet, but if any fighting games are on 360, ill bring my stick for yall to use. I ordered a ps3 te but the shipping was on hold for some reason and i dont think it will be delivered on time. If it is, ill bring that for people to use too.

Awesome! IF nothing else I"ll bring a fight pad at the very least (its way to short notice to order a stick) and at least I"ll have something in the mean time on my end. The regular 360 pads suck ass and hurt my hands. :(
    popcicles are just fucking delicious - r3y
  • ThunderboltZ28ThunderboltZ28 Joined: Posts: 18
    Im looking to seed the ssf4 brackets but do you guys have the names of who got second third and 4th last year? Also im not sure if BB is gonna have a tourney but if there is enough people ill get it set up.

Edit: Also I'm going to be using the rulesets of evo for the most part. There are a few rules that are a bit excessive for such a small tourney that i dont think it will be necessary but in a nutshell its Double elim, best 2 of 3(except grand finals which will be 3 out of 5). Thoughts or questions?
    I don't think it is. It isn't on the schedule. Last year only me and my friends played BB. But they had CT when CSI had been out for almost five months.
    Noel/Mu Yoriko/Saki Bridget/Sol
    Im looking to seed the ssf4 brackets but do you guys have the names of who got second third and 4th last year? Also im not sure if BB is gonna have a tourney but if there is enough people ill get it set up.

Edit: Also I'm going to be using the rulesets of evo for the most part. There are a few rules that are a bit excessive for such a small tourney that i dont think it will be necessary but in a nutshell its Double elim, best 2 of 3(except grand finals which will be 3 out of 5). Thoughts or questions?

also, do you know when do we register for said tournies?
    anytime before the start of the tournies i believe. Im going to assume around 12 or 1pm but ill update once i get up there. Im heading there right now.
  • R3yR3y Random Acts of Violence Joined: Posts: 370
    *yawn* If anyones hitting up Realmscon tomorrow and can spare my shiftless and lazy ass a ride. Call my cell. If not, I'm buying Dark Souls and spending the weekend like a bum. Enjoy yoselves!
    SSF4: Akuma, Cammy, Ken 3S: Akuma, Ken, Yang SF2HF: "We don't play Hyper Fighting"
    BBCS: Jin GG: Baiken
    LoL: Thepatient/HuntedWhumpus
    Ill give you a ride if you need one, ill be leaving in like 2 hours or so after i print out the rulesets for each game. Hit me up at 906-6297
    I'm here at Realmscon right now and they don't have BB or AH. Oh well. There are people here to play League of Legends with!
    I'm here at Realmscon right now and they don't have BB or AH. Oh well. There are people here to play League of Legends with!

Let's all 5v5 and call out MIA's
    shoutouts to REALMSCON2011 ssf4ae tourney
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth
    Let's all 5v5 and call out MIA's
    Unfortunately the lag was too awful to play. We tried two games and we all had over 500 ping. And the power went out...
    shoutouts to REALMSCON2011 ssf4ae tourney

how was the rave?

also fuck that dante cosplayer who messed up r3y's stick by literally mashing everything
    Realmscon was pretty fun yesterday. I'm glad I was able to go. On that note..

Shoutouts to:

SmilesTX - Thanks again for the ride and sorry you didn't get to enter in SSF4AE because you were too damn busy. I wanted to own your T.Hawk ;_;
    BIGNASTY - Always good to see you, you crazy gears of war 3 playing, half drunk, super hairy back having motherfucker!
    Noel - Get that xbox live already!

Adam, Jesse, John, Roro, Will - Nice seeing you all again. I'm throwing Juri in the category with Ibuki as characters I'm completely mindfucked against.

and a special super salty shout to :

Random poorly dressed super mashy Dante Cosplayer - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I seriously thought he was a goddamn Inuyasha till someone said he was Dante.
    SSF4: Akuma, Cammy, Ken 3S: Akuma, Ken, Yang SF2HF: "We don't play Hyper Fighting"
    how was the rave?

also fuck that dante cosplayer who messed up r3y's stick by literally mashing everything

Shoutouts to:

SmilesTX - Thanks again for the ride and sorry you didn't get to enter in SSF4AE because you were too damn busy. I wanted to own your T.Hawk ;_;
    BIGNASTY - Always good to see you, you crazy gears of war 3 playing, half drunk, super hairy back having motherfucker!

Adam, Jesse, John, Roro, Will - Nice seeing you all again. I'm throwing Juri in the category with Ibuki as characters I'm completely mindfucked against.

Random poorly dressed super mashy Dante Cosplayer - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

it was all about the rave and what happen at the rave..all i got to say that DAMN!!!!,and WE IN THERE!!!!!!!!
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth
  • Damage898Damage898 Overrated Joined: Posts: 491
    GGs Fellas.
  • Praetor51Praetor51 Joined: Posts: 1

Shoutouts to:

Also shout outs to the mega salty Ryu player who won his first match in his first set then quit the tourney because the controller wouldn't obey him.

Had a lot of fun mashing Lariat and SPD last night and learned a lot while I was at it.
    Also shout outs to the mega salty Ryu player who won his first match in his first set then quit the tourney because the controller wouldn't obey him.

Had a lot of fun mashing Lariat and SPD last night and learned a lot while I was at it.

he's the best. "I'm done"
    "But you won your match, it's best 2 out of 3!"
    "NO ITS COOL DUDE"

shoutouts again to dante for fucking up r3y's stick and being salty wondering why pushing all the buttons wasn't bringing out x-factor. fuck you dude

shout outs to will for getting so high, and to roro who I competed against, oh and also helping jewelman get 8 more dollars

I need to get xbox live so I can get some sort of play experience :(
  • gboblyngboblyn Joined: Posts: 115
    So I bought 3S:OE for my PS3 so I'd have something to play online and I can't host or join any matches even with my PS3 in the DMZ. Pretty lame.
    Gage - That sucks. We gotta play in real life sometime. I miss your Viper and uppercutting your Urien.

On another note...

I have drinking money - PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPS !! We need to go full Mexican when you are done with your personal quest .
    Gage - That sucks. We gotta play in real life sometime. I miss your Viper and uppercutting your Urien.

On another note...

I have drinking money - PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPS !! We need to go full Mexican when you are done with your personal quest .

good shit

team alamo 12 pack

Definitely, although my Urien should be a little bit better now. I'll still be doing random tackles all day but at least I won't throw out down-fierces like a complete moron. Now I just throw out strong fireballs like a complete moron. Progress.

On another note...

ohhhhhh man...me,u,and phelps.. this city about to be exposed
    FRIGHT NIGHT
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth
    aww man, it could be like us sitting at Taco Cabana...we'd just need some fat drunk 50 year old balding white guy to walk up to me and call me ugly lol.
    ohhhhhh man...me,u,and phelps.. this city about to be exposed
    FRIGHT NIGHT

i'm ready to donate wins
    Definitely, although my Urien should be a little bit better now. I'll still be doing random tackles all day but at least I won't throw out down-fierces like a complete moron. Now I just throw out strong fireballs like a complete moron. Progress.

I always felt like pretty much not jumping against urien is the best because thats how most of his shoulder tackle and fireball set ups can start. is this true?
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Any more word on that upcoming Corpus tournament for I think it was the 29th? I've heard no update from it and it's getting closer to crunch time for it.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • FedoraFedora Joined: Posts: 204
    No idea DJ, that's Rickey's thing. I asked a couple weeks back and he said he needed till the end of the week to verify and I haven't heard anything back. So I guess it is still up in the air. I got no idea.
    No idea DJ, that's Rickey's thing. I asked a couple weeks back and he said he needed till the end of the week to verify and I haven't heard anything back. So I guess it is still up in the air. I got no idea.

i'll donate to the pot and some chicken nuggets from chik-fil-a
  • RiDdLeBoXRiDdLeBoX Sittin' Joined: Posts: 433
    aww man, it could be like us sitting at Taco Cabana...we'd just need some fat drunk 50 year old balding white guy to walk up to me and call me ugly lol.

What's with people walking up to you and saying random things? I remember in the Tilt days when that guy walked up to you and said "Man you're a scrub." haha.

I hope everyone's doing well - been crazy busy with work the last few weeks. Upgraded the Internet here at home to 24 mbps bandwidth, so if anyone wants to play online or in person sometime let me know.
    I have absolutely no clue. SmilesTx was the guy who walked up to me randomly and called me a scrub at Tilt all those years back. The other guy was just completely drunk off his ass and wasn't getting any play from his date that night; so he had to figure out another way to get some kicks. I forgot what he told Phelps and Big Chris but it was fricken hilarious. Never have so many laughs been had at a Taco Cabana.
    yo

I got XBL

lets get some BROS OF WAR 3 going
    mmm, well this thread is closing down. Half of the Corpus Christi fighting gamers were massacred in the zombie apocalypse and then abducted by aliens. GG

I'd also like to agree with Ricky that the Texas fighting game scene is comprised of alcoholics. Now to go sleep for 20 years.

Fun times last night everyone, rest easy ya hung over bastards!

Ricky - You and your homeboys aren't allowed to cut out early like that ever again. You missed the Aliens.
    Epic Grand Finals last night.

4x zombie vs 2x long island, jager bomb, zombie

This battle is about to explode, Triumph or Die
    Here are the results and bracket for BB and the random AE tourney yesterday.

http://challonge.com/tdxthxdtrhx
    http://challonge.com/e4t6w36tre

Also if you see this Thunderbolt I think Mark said you took off before you got your money from 2nd place. Should be 10 dollars so don't forget next time you stop by.
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    Our next regional coming up. Bigger, better, more sponsors! Jan 28-29, 2012 $500+ Bonus pot!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-28-2012-central-texas-brawl-iii-ft-hood-killeen-500-bonus-pot-killeen-tx.147529/
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
    where are those roswell beers
    yo Phelps , call my house number if you see this message.
    Casual gamer is having a Tuesday "Casuals". I know it's 5 dollars at the door but you can play all day there. I pretty much want us to start throwing down there since Phelps is doing personal things. It will also help all the newer players in playing catch up in whatever they are playing.
    Tuesday might be doable for me. Do you have to bring your own stick or setup? I've never been to CG.
    SCOOBY DOO= S TIER...
    MK9-Rain
    SSF4AE-Seth