Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0

Comments

• jewelmanjewelman Hsien's #1 fan! Joined: Posts: 1,968
    we still down for kileen alice crew? DAT POT BONUS
    Look at all my vids and you'll see I live and die by the ass.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO YA! muthafuckin kool-aid honda

Graduate of the James Chen School of Execution :lol:
  • EeSEeS Joined: Posts: 98
    sup CC, thought i was gone didn't you R3Y....replaced my old busted up 360 now i'm ready for some ver2012. Churn'N butta! Eat it!
    SSF4: Taunt 9 Dan
  • R3yR3y Random Acts of Violence Joined: Posts: 370
    Gone, haha. I've got you added to my King's Quest hit list.

I'm challenging you and some others to FT5s as part of my new years resolution.

QueenBBB - For a full jug of hard apple cider.
    EES - For the pride of Corpus.
    SacredEdge - For a gigantic cinnamon roll.
    Phelps - For a box of chocolate munchkins from dunkin donuts.

I'm gunning for ya!
    SSF4: Akuma, Cammy, Ken 3S: Akuma, Ken, Yang SF2HF: "We don't play Hyper Fighting"
    BBCS: Jin GG: Baiken
    LoL: Thepatient/HuntedWhumpus
  • Mr-PhelpsMr-Phelps Arcade Junkie Joined: Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Games Today!
    With great power comes great responsibility

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • CasualGamerCCCasualGamerCC Joined: Posts: 43
    Upcoming tournament on the 11th. Soul Calibur 5, UMvC3, and SF4:AE. 2pm registration, $4 venue fee, $5 per game entry.

More details on the event page.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-11-2012-ulitmate-mvc3-sf4-ae-soul-calibur-5-tournament-corpus-christi-tx.153314/
    I will be at CGs today. See you all there.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • QueenBBBQueenBBB I am 3/5ths Brown. Joined: Posts: 250
    this thread needs more love!

Casuals Tuesdays are still happening at Casual Gamer. Lets just say it starts at 6pm to give everyone time to get home and poop or something. 5.00 for unlimited play time until close (usually 11pm or midnight)

the next tourney will be 3/3 for smash bros and an unknown game. I heard it may be Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur 5 since those games need more love.

The next official tourney for the big 2 (AE/umvc3) is supposedly late march to give us time to prepare for Texas Showdown.

I also recorded some matches at the gatocon tourney on Saturday. They're floating around in the FB page that everyone abandoned srk for to go to instead.
    popcicles are just fucking delicious - r3y
  • Kyo(mushiki)Kyo(mushiki) Joined: Posts: 111
    Whats ya guys facebook page?
    Not sure if anyone has gotten the word out yet but we're holding a Smash Bros. tournament on the 3rd of March. There's a group out in Alice? (maybe Kingsville) that wants to hold the event here and I've given them the go ahead. We're also holding a MK9 and SC5 tournament later in the evening and there's interest in a side tournament for MvC2 on the arcade machine, $1 buy in and everything goes to the winner.
  • -Tetsuo--Tetsuo- Joined: Posts: 100
    Hey guys, this is Andre from Monster's Arcade in Houston. Wanted to drop in and let y'all know that we have a singles tournament this Sunday.

South Shall Rise Again 3!!

http://www.facebook.com/events/284378831624477/

$10 venue, $10 entry per game. Pot split of 70/20/10 for all games.

REGISTRATION WILL START AT 11AM. THE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 (X360) - 2:30pm
    Soul Calibur 5 (PS3) - 2:30pm
    King of Fighters 13 (PS3) - 4:00pm
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (X360) - 5:00pm

Please be on time guys. Questions or concerns call 281-397-8511
    Monster's Arcade 13630 Veterans Memorial Dr Houston, TX 77014
  • SIMPLY_HUGOSIMPLY_HUGO 1 infraction away :( Joined: Posts: 1,575
    This thread still up? god DAAMNNNN
    3s-Hugo, Sean mvc2-Matrix Blazblue-Tager SFIV- Zangief, Sagat, Dan, rose
    Mvc3 Haggar, Akuma/Ryu, Morrigan
    http://img535.imageshack.us/i/19964519386344707231388.jpg/
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not sure if anyone has gotten the word out yet but we're holding a Smash Bros. tournament on the 3rd of March. There's a group out in Alice? (maybe Kingsville) that wants to hold the event here and I've given them the go ahead. We're also holding a MK9 and SC5 tournament later in the evening and there's interest in a side tournament for MvC2 on the arcade machine, $1 buy in and everything goes to the winner.
    I heard you guys are hosting another event late March.
    How true is this?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    I heard you guys are hosting another event late March.
    How true is this?

they're doing it. its official on the FB page.

IT's going to be interesting though because there's a tourney in San ANtonio that same day too :(
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So why are none of these tournaments being posted on SRK?
    What SA tournament?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    Is it going to be on the 31st? I don't have a facebook account.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    Is it going to be on the 31st? I don't have a facebook account.

phelps you should get facebook and get off of myspace!

CC NEWS:

There's a tourney at the saratoga gamestop for sfxt 3/24 at 2pm. I don't know the details on that but I can find out for more info. Big Nasty broke the news on it a couple of days back though.

tourney at casual gamer the 31st of march starting at 2pm. 4 dollar venue fee, 7.00 entry for AE and SFxT, 5.00 entry for umvc3 and brawl on the wii.

there's also a tourney in San Antonio that day by the critical hit gang so you have some choices!
    So why are none of these tournaments being posted on SRK?
    What SA tournament?

https://www.facebook.com/events/200745746632925/ is david's thing in San Antonio

I got some info on the gamestop one coming up next week (copy and past ahoy)

- PS3 only
    - Single Elimination FOR NOW. They'll decide later whether they want to go to a double elimination format.
    - optional to bring your own controller. So in other words, you can bring your fight sticks! Just none with pre-loaded macros to instantly do a combo, you know that whole thing
    - its FREE, as in no cost. As for skill level who knows.
    - The deadline to enter is 3/23 but I would call them just in case to make sure if you can't make it between here and the day to enter. You have to go there to sign up in other words. Right now there's 8 or 9 or so signed up.

Corpus Christi, Texas 78413
    Phone: (361) 993-5822

Hopefully Mark will do his FB event soon.
    Apologies about not keeping Shoryuken updated with our events. It's difficult at times to make multiple posts on different pages and Facebook to ensure the most people are kept in the know. If anyone has some suggestions to streamline this process a little please let me know. As it stands, I've posted about the 31st and also put up a recurring post for our casuals on Tuesday. I'll do my best to manage this and hope we continue to see our group grow at the store.
    For QueenBBB, I've been in touch with GS on Staples and it looks like they'd really appreciate our help with the tournament and I'll probably be providing our Asus screens for them to play on. I'm also making sure we have enough flyers and some printouts for the event since we can promote the store during the tournament.
    someone make Phelps get a facebook account

also shoutouts to will for yelling at rolento irl
  • Helen KellerHelen Keller Joined: Posts: 47
    Shoutouts to Mr. Phelps.
    I love you, man.
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    :O
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
    dat kissy face
    /muah
    LOL! Nice name.

Damn mosquitoes and their leech life.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
    Please, Corpus, stay for Mark's tourney at CG on the 26th of May. As much as I'd like to see everyone support each other within the S-Tx region, I think it would be best to put our scene first and supported the local guys if we want to see our community grow.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sup all?

There was a State Facebook group started to help get the word around all over about the various gatherings. If you have facebook, send an invite and lets get you guys added to it (if you care)!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/150585261630530/

We are trying to keep this Texas only for the most part outside of like state reps that attend tournaments regularly around these parts (OK, LA, AK).
    Happy Birthday Matt! :party:

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • ShinJuviShinJuvi Hip Hip Hip! Shawnic Breetz! Joined: Posts: 619
    Yo man Juan gonna be in town soon I'll hit the usuals up. You know who you are!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    MvC2: Sentinel/Cable/Cyclops
    SSF4: Dhalsim
    MvC3: Morrigan/Trish/Akuma
    Corpus Christi, TX - "Oh we blue laser that here!"
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    Hey! EVO is around the corner so it's time to get in as much tourney experience you can get.
    June 2, 2012 - Waco, TX Just check out the link!=== > http://tinyurl.com/ktb-waco
    If you can't make it out to NorthWest Majors, Canada, or even Laredo, try to make it out to Waco.
    @rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • NateMareNateMare 3rd Strike 4 ever Joined: Posts: 57
    Any 3rd Strike players in Corpus? What's everyone playin?
    Any 3rd Strike players in Corpus? What's everyone playin?

hello!

We got a range of people who play almost anything. Tim's usually the 3rd strike player so you can just come by the casual gamer and he'll play you some games. They have an arcade cab for it (pretty sure they have it on 360 as well)

The main games it seems to be here in corpus are AE 2012/umvc3 although if you bring a copy of something chances are someone would want to play! (MK9, KoF 13, etc.)

we all usually play at the casual gamer located at everhart.
    hello!

We got a range of people who play almost anything. Tim's usually the 3rd strike player so you can just come by the casual gamer and he'll play you some games. They have an arcade cab for it (pretty sure they have it on 360 as well)

The main games it seems to be here in corpus are AE 2012/umvc3 although if you bring a copy of something chances are someone would want to play! (MK9, KoF 13, etc.)

we all usually play at the casual gamer located at everhart.
    pretty sweet that you got a cab! but shitty only 1 3S player...but hey ones better than none if he's really into it. thx for the info man. I visited someone there a few weeks ago and if I end up moving there I'll hit u guys up plus I'd be down for some AE.
  • KillyKilly T!M Joined: Posts: 128
    pretty sweet that you got a cab! but shitty only 1 3S player...but hey ones better than none if he's really into it. thx for the info man. I visited someone there a few weeks ago and if I end up moving there I'll hit u guys up plus I'd be down for some AE.

That's me! I play 3rd strike, i got some others into it so there are a few who play here, we play every night practically, so come by.
    Xbox Live: tim9001
    PSN: tim9001
  • KillyKilly T!M Joined: Posts: 128

I'm anxious to play 3s now.
    Xbox Live: tim9001
    PSN: tim9001
    I'm anxious to play 3s now.
    Do you play online? I'd face u there cuz I'm actually going to be staying in Vegas...if I ever visit Corpus again or move there (slim chance now) I'll let ya know.