Peanut Popper N Jelly Time - Diddy Kong Thread

ShintoShinto Mr. Solo DoloJoined: Posts: 1,586
The #1 source for your Diddy Kong needs.

A few notes:

-DiddyK is fast.
-Banana Peels are the best thing since slice bread, use them and annoy your opponents.
-Peanut Popgun is annoying too, combo Banana Peels n Peanut Popgun to frustrate your opponents.
East Coast.
Nyc_Shinto = Psn

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Well, I'm going to attempt to build a foundation for Diddy Kong players, and from replies, continually build upon it. I?m still learning, so it will help anyone trying to main Diddy, I suppose. If you don?t know who Diddy is and you?re playing smash, then lol@you.

I'm going to be saying this a lot, but for good reason. It is important that you use your bananas.

Attacks

?Basic? attacks

Neutral A ? 7+ % (3% + 2% +2% for each tail hit)
    Nothing special to say about this. He slaps the enemy for a bit and then uses his tail to start a chain of attacks.

Roll attack ? 9% (3% + 2% + 4%)
    A cartwheel attack. This attack is ridiculously hard to punish, has no lag and can set up for combos. By performing an "instant dash attack" (by tapping left/right and c-stick down), this can lead to a great amount of crossing up. It's also especially good, because it can be linked into up/side smashes/tilts. Mix this up with bananas.

-Tilts
    U.Tilt - 7%
    An overhead slapping move. Extremely good for juggling, especially at low HP, so try to build off of it. It can also KO (better than U.Smash actually?). Another nice thing about this, is that it basically has no lag (so it gives more incentive to use it).

F.Tilt - 11%
    Diddy extends both of his arms outwards. It has decent range, and can be used for a quick K.O.

D.tilt ? 7%
    A crouching, clapping move. According to Brahma
    Dtilt is nice. It has little knockback and can be chained into itself or Fsmash at medium %.

-Air
    N.Air - 6%
    An aerial cartwheel. According to Brahma
    Nair might not have KO power or priority, but it is still an important move. It is AFAIK his quickest aerial (pretty sure quicker than Bair, even though it recovers slower) and since it has low knockback it is very useful for comboing.

U.Air
    ? 11%
    A backflip kick. Great for juggling, use this with U.Tilt. It can also K.O somewhat decently

F.Air ? 14%
    A spinning drill kick. This is a great K.O move. Try running into short hop - F.air, and use it for edge-guarding.

B.Air - 9%
    A backward spinning horizontal kick. Can be spammed pretty well, as it doesn?t have lag (try doing it with a short hop).

D.Air ? 12%
    This is where Diddy forcefully puts his hands together and pummels someone down. It's a ridiculously good spike, use it whenever you can for a K.O? just go to youtube, and use it in training mode, you'll see what I mean. Some advice for troubles, do NOT attempt to do this when you're above them. This wont work, instead you have to try to approach them from beneath.

Smashes
    U.smash ? 16% (5% + 5% + 6%)
    The result of an upward hitting barrel roll 3 hit combo. Gives a good deal of damage but does NOT KO well (as I?ve said, U.Tilt is better than U.smash).

F.smash ? 18% (5% + 13%)
    A horizontal spinning attack, where Diddy's arms are extended. Great spacing move (2 attacks), and what I believe to be the best KO attack.

D.Smash ? 16% or 12% (Front and back hit respectively)
    A 2 way, low sweeping kick. Also great for KOs, I found use for this after a roll, or unwary dodgers.

Specials

Neutral B
    ? 4% - 17% (depending on charge)
    Diddy?s peanut gun (holdable). It can be used for campers, for edge-guarding. According to Brahma
    Peanut Popgun can be canceled in the initial frames with shield. I use this for aerial turnaround to toss bananas. Peanuts can also be caught by enemies and throws at you.

Side B ? 15% or 10% (Pressing A or Up respectively)
    The diddy hump. Once latched on, you press A to attack them, or up to bounce up off of them. This can be used as a spike if you can land it on someone trying to get back on the stage.
    It should also be noted that after pressing side b, a kick can be performed by either pressing A or B. This can be used on the enemies recovery or if they?re approaching.
    Lastly, Side B helps a great deal on the recovery. Use it if Diddy isn?t close enough to the stage, and then use his Up.B. However you CAN NOT use Up.B after doing a kick out of side B.

Down B- 4-6% per thrown hit (tripping causes no damage :?[)
    The (2) bananas. These are EXTREMELY helpful, especially in edge guarding, since enemies slip on them (which unfortunately doesnt do damage, but does help give an opportunity). Try to put them in places they would roll to or jump back on to. They can also be used for comboing, when they?re thrown at the enemy. This can be espicially dangerous when chained with both bananas and the person continually slips, leaving you a chance to do a K.O move. After a banana is thrown out, roll back to have it right at your feet. Always make sure the bananas are in YOUR control to force a change of gamestyle(dodging, camping, etc). If they are able to continually throw them back then you are doing something wrong.
    According to Brahma
    You can pick up bananas with dash attack, any aerial, or an airdodge.
    Down B has two ways to pull. Smash down B and tilt down B. Obviously smash version tosses higher.

Up B
    - 10% (charging doesn't make a difference for damage)
    This is Diddy?s recovery (holdable), where he uses twin barrels. As mentioned before, use side B with this to make for a extremely good recovery. Also, you can direct this move, so use it appropriately. Just make sure to hold it long enough :\ Something else to note, this can also be used as a spike if they are close enough to you and below you. According to Brahma
    You can cancel the Rocketbarrel's usual descent by using your second jump at the same time as UpB. It will go upwards as you charge. this can only be done if you are hit first.

According to Pimp Willy...
    useful for stages with platforms where you can't pass through (Spear Pillar, Skyworld, Luigis Mansion, etc), possibly useful for stages with walls (shadow moses), and not so useful otherwise. Diddy's up+B will explode when connecting to a wall, dealing 5% damage do him. However, when the bongos explode, they do a VERY hefty amount of knockback in a pretty large radius. You can use this to get a KO on an opponent caught in a bad position.

Final Smash
    ? 8% per peanut hit, 18% for each time you touch.
    Crazy barrel peanut launching fun. I generally try to stay at the top middle and simply tilt left and right. That way I don't risk getting off of the map and I can still hit people from a distance. However, I'm sure there are better ways to approach this, feedback would be cool.

So to try to make this more clear...
    Damage:Constantly use bananas. Try to get them out as early as possible in the match and use them in whatever situation to push them and corner them in, as it will greatly affect dodgers and campers. Just be in control, because they can throw them back (obviously). Use them in edge guarding also to give a good opportunity for another K.O attack. While using these bananas, do a lot of u.tilts to rack up damage at lower percent, and juggle with U.air.

KO's: Definetely use F.Smash whenever you get the opportunity to (again, going back to the bananas). If
    you have to be quick, use a forward tilt. Try doing a D.Smash after a roll, or when they roll to you for an area effect. Also, an u.tilt can lead to a K.O if at high enough percent, but other wise try to link it to a F.Air. If a spike is possible (D.Air) DO IT.

Matchups

Snake With personal experience, this constantly became a struggle for juggling (me) or forcing the opponent on the ground(the snake player). Therefore you really have to push snake with the bananas. This will espicially help with detonations, as they will have to be wary where can they can walk around. Make sure to juggle them as well as you can. Also, I've found spiking to be very easy on a snake that's recovering. Since snake's recovery dips him down a bit and then rises him up, and his aerials are somewhat slow, it gives your a great deal of time to set up the spike.

I'll put more matchups later. I need to play more first :\.

Videos
    From Alphazealot...
    First vids from the other day are up:

(AZ(Diddy) Chillin(ToonLInk) vs ChuDat (Sonic) Amy (Lucario)

(AZ(Diddy) ChuDat(Sonic) vs Chillin(Toon Link) Amy(Lucario))-Beginning is funny, I start attacking chu for a whole stock because he matches other teams color)

AZ(Diddy) Chillin(Wario) vs UmbreonMow(Ike) Panda(Peach)

AZ(Diddy) Chillin (D3) vs Panda(Peach) UmbreonMow(Pikachu)

AZ(Diddy) ChuDat(Sonic) vs Chillin(D3) Amy(Lucario) 1

Thanks to alpha for the Instant dash attack, and
    Pimp Willy for some Up B stuff
    AlphaZealot for some matches

By the way, if any material I'm citing should be taken out, just tell me.
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,586
    Thanks Somnus I will get up some damage data tomorrow when I have the time.....
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
    I think I might be able to take care of it actually.
    Yeah, taken care of, if anyone has questions about anything, please ask.
    Comments are cool too.
  • TheSixTheSix Good Ol'Gil Joined: Posts: 1,367
    "Why you trippin'?"
    Aw, finally, Ol'Gil's moving up to the big leagues, boy! Ow! My back! HA-HA, Owwwww....
  • Corner-TrapCorner-Trap Troll Harder Joined: Posts: 2,683
    Diddy is probably the second best character at doing WoP next to Jiggs. Plus he has a lot more going for his air game than just WoP, like combos and KOs.
  • TempestFoxTempestFox You know you want it. Joined: Posts: 1,089
    Diddy's cartwheel has about zero lag and can almost never be punished.
    "Come Thesaurius, my noble steed! Let us rid the vilage of these dregs and their coarse language!" - Sir Daddy of Tuff

<Pin> wait a second.
    <Pin> EmblemLord is from Smashboards also?
    <Pin> This must be what it feels like to be cheated on.
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    Ima make Diddy my main, he's too fun :tup:
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,874
    Can his Side B be used as a ghetto jump? Like...Mario's cape in the air? Speaking of Side b if you don't grab the guy he'll do some wierd kick that covers his frontside nicley =D
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,572
    Try my signature, banana alpha cancel cartwheel bullshit maneuver. Shit is so good for raking in damage, also cross them up for a confusing roll into a possible banana.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
  • alphazealotalphazealot Smashboards Owner Joined: Posts: 302
    Fuck...
    So this thread was made before mine...I guess I'll just let that Diddy thread die and post these in here, maybe a mod could close it or something...
    First vids from the other day are up:

(AZ(Diddy) Chillin(ToonLInk) vs ChuDat (Sonic) Amy (Lucario)

(AZ(Diddy) ChuDat(Sonic) vs Chillin(Toon Link) Amy(Lucario))-Beginning is funny, I start attacking chu for a whole stock because he matches other teams color)

AZ(Diddy) Chillin(Wario) vs UmbreonMow(Ike) Panda(Peach)

AZ(Diddy) Chillin (D3) vs Panda(Peach) UmbreonMow(Pikachu)

AZ(Diddy) ChuDat(Sonic) vs Chillin(D3) Amy(Lucario) 1
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Here's a tidbit I picked up thats useful for stages with platforms where you can't pass through (Spear Pillar, Skyworld, Luigis Mansion, etc), possibly useful for stages with walls (shadow moses), and not so useful otherwise. Diddy's up+B will explode when connecting to a wall, dealing 5% damage do him. However, when the bongos explode, they do a VERY hefty amount of knockback in a pretty large radius. You can use this to get a KO on an opponent caught in a bad position.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    You can also hit people through the bottom of some stages with Diddy.
  • maximuspitamaximuspita Joined: Posts: 135
    Yo, AZ. I just saw the youtube of you vs Brun at C3. That was some good shit. Post up a match analisys if you don't mind.
    Also Mizu.
  • ZandwichZandwich prince of all saiyan Joined: Posts: 449
    fyi for recovery you can do a his sideB, then airdodge and then upB after the airdodge. this helps recover from extremely far distances and always let you come up from the bottom and hit the ledge good.
    here picture of king corn climbin a mountain
  • BrahmaBrahma Get it on Joined: Posts: 519
    Some things not mentioned yet:

You can pick up bananas with dash attack, any aerial, or an airdodge.

Your bananas can and will be used against you. I prefer to have only one banana in play just to easier keep track.

Down B has two ways to pull. Smash down B and tilt down B. Obviously smash version tosses higher.

Peanut Popgun can be canceled in the initial frames with shield. I use this for aerial turnaround to toss bananas. Peanuts can also be caught by enemies and throws at you.

You can spike with Rocketbarrel's blast.

You can cancel the Rocketbarrel's usual descent by using your second jump at the same time as UpB. It will go upwards as you charge. this can only be done if you are hit first.

Nair might not have KO power or priority, but it is still an important move. It is AFAIK his quickest aerial (pretty sure quicker than Bair, even though it recovers slower) and since it has low knockback it is very useful for comboing.

Dtilt is nice. It has little knockback and can be chained into itself or Fsmash at medium %.

Since Diddy's best KO moves (Fair, Fsmash) don't have the greatest knockback to begin with, make sure you don't spam them, since successive use of moves causes them to decay in both damage and knockback.

If you try to spike by coming from below then using Dair, you leave your self very open to spikes yourself, and also footstool jumps. Coming from above is IMO the best way to spike with Diddy.

Also, airdodge does not add any distance to recoveries. This was disproven already. Arguably his best recovery is SideB, DJ+UpB.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    So, I've got about 20+ videos now with me playing Diddy Kong, many times with old melee pro players (ChuDat, Azen, Chillin), so what you see in the videos you know will likely work against any opponent on any skill level.

There is also a match up now where Azen/Chinesah play Diddy in teams along side my Diddy in teams.

Close tournament match, good use of spamming and counter spamming by both players, comes down to 3 seconds left on the clock in a 3 stock 6 minute match:

I'll give an analysis later. This was a pretty epic 3 game tournament set that I mostly lost because of inexperience (2 weeks of playing versus almost his 2 months).
    How do you guys feel about 1 banana vs. 2? I myself prefer to have only one banana on the stage at a time. I find if I have two, it does add pressure to the opponent, but it is also more likely that they will grab one. I feel that by only having one banana out at atime I can control the stage more effectively. This may have a lot to do with the way I use it.

The way I use the banana is mostly as a projectile. Pull one out, catch it, then it is usually either in my hand or flying directly at the opponent. If it hits after a forward toss, I usually go for dash attack/Nair/dash canceled Usmash. If it gets shielded I usually catch it on the rebound with Z/Nair then try again or go for >B. I'm also particularly fond of dropping it over an opponents head then catching it with Nair/Dair on the way down, whether it is shielded or not.

I've also taken a liking to glide toss forwards then pressuring shield with Ftilt/Dtilt or grabbing.

What I've been working on more is using bananas on the ground as part of a tech trap/lockdown game, and limiting movement. The only problem I've found with this is that with bananas on the floor, the more likely it is that the opponent gets ahold of one. So far my favorite tricks are dropping one on a SH approach then Nairing if I suspect an airdodging behind me. Other than that I occasionally drop one near the edge to limit a recovering opponent's options by the ledge.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Just did some editing...mostly just adding stuff Brahma said...

Anyway, with the topic of bananas, it's really situational for me. Sometimes I'm able to control the stage very effectively with 2 bananas, especially if they roll into me. It gives me a ton of free hits, and the opponent doesn't seem to realize it. 2 bananas are always out when I edge guard.
    In response to this...
    The only problem I've found with this is that with bananas on the floor, the more likely it is that the opponent gets ahold of one.
    What I try to do is keep 1 banana out, roll back, and gradually bring another one out, while keeping on them by spamming cartwheels (simultaneously grabbing bananas), and throwing them at the opponent. Hopefully that makes sense...

Basically I just try to read my opponent as quickly as possible and adapt. Besides that, I pretty much do everything else you say.
  • J-NavJ-Nav Joined: Posts: 1,121
    Opponents can catch the peanut & throw it back @ you or it can be used to recover your health.
  • omfgomfg Joined: Posts: 2,028
    don't have a strategy guide for him or anything, but I'd just like to say.. the bananas are probably the most useful item move. I don't know if anyone's done this matchup before, but Diddy vs Donkey is a seriously hard matchup. with bananas though, the playing field is heavily in your favor. Use them as your primary source of attack, trap them into slipping on them over and over, pretty easy 0%-death
    see ya buddy

even if you die, I'll kill you... :badboy:
    <3 don't let life fool you. everything is black or white
    I play this match quite a bit with DK. He can get a free punch/fsmash on Diddy if he hits with a glide tossed banana. If they shield it DK can abuse Diddy's shield. With Diddy being so light IMO this match is in DK's favor, since if DK gets ahold of a banana he can control space even moreso than he already does.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    I play this match quite a bit with DK. He can get a free punch/fsmash on Diddy if he hits with a glide tossed banana. If they shield it DK can abuse Diddy's shield. With Diddy being so light IMO this match is in DK's favor, since if DK gets ahold of a banana he can control space even moreso than he already does.
    IMO the point in that is to take away a banana from Diddy, not to use his bananas against him. After all, Diddy doesn't even have to travel on the ground to move quickly horizontally. 2 Diddy-owned bananas on a stage are very easy to slip on. I try to leave one banana on the ground and one banana to assault with. I think Diddy is hurt more by losing control of the stage vs DK, not losing bananas. If he loses control, he has to deal with that ungodly long, powerful range
    see ya buddy

DK doesn't benefit so much from leaving bananas on the stage to trip on (though it is nice), but rather having one to use as a throwing item to create pressure. IMO this is true with Diddy as well. Bananas on the ground limit some tech options, but 2 bananas can be easily avoided by standing instead of teching into another banana. IMO it is harder to control stage with 2 bananas, since it is much easier for the opponent to get one.

DK moves well above bananas with SH Bairs, which IMO Diddy doesn't really have an answer for. He can duck and punish with Utilt it DK does them too high, but that's about it. DK can even Bair and pick up bananas along the way. DK outranges Diddy on both the air and ground.

I've played this match quite a bit lately and at first I did have trouble vs. bananas at first, but if you play a little more defensive with DK and work around the bananas I believe it's in DK's favor.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Bananas on the ground build up damage while you avoid receiving it. I think bananas are better for Diddy because of his movement. DK is gonna want to use physical attacks anyway; using a banana to attack isn't such a good option unless you slip near him. with the B-air, it depends on what kind it is.. if it's spacing (jump forward, B-air, fall backwards and do another one) that can be punished by Diddy's F-air. if it's to attack, that can be shield grabbed unless he's on the ledge. btw.. if DK plays a little too defensively, Diddy's B-right can interrupt him. I think if you use everything well enough, the matchup is slightly in Diddy's favor
    see ya buddy

Bananas don't do any damage on the ground. They simply trip, and at close range you are usually guaranteed a Dash attack/Ftilt.

Like i said, DK doesn't get much advantage by leaving bananas on the ground, but rather by using them as a throwing item. Especially with glide toss, as DK throws the banana and slides across the stage behind it, usually guaranteeing a Fsmash/punch.

Also, DK SH bair can't be shield grabbed unless he FFs it or does it too close to the ground, and it pushes back shield, so you don't get a shield grab unless you block it at point blank range, which a good DK player will be spacing with it instead. Plus, DK can SH Bair, >B or DJ an attack to punish a shield grab attempt. DK can also double SH Bair. or SH Bair > Punch through an attempt to Fair him our of it.

Diddy has speed and bananas, combos well, and is poor at KO's, especially on heavies like DK.

DK has moderate speed, better range, better priority, and easily KOs Diddy. He also can use bananas, arguably just as well, if not better than Diddy.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
  • mashermasher Chun's booty itches Joined: Posts: 348
    how do I unlock the bgm to the "fox and diddy" stage? :confused:

any1 got the name of the song?

this is the song im talking about! :rock:
    Oct 17 2007 mark yo calender
    SF4 is coming!!!

http://www.360elite4free.com/index.php?ref=4173787
    paying $15 for your referral
    I think you automatically have it. It plays on Rumble Falls only. Song is called Jungle theme 2 I believe.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
  • SdoubleSdouble Psycho Power Joined: Posts: 707
    what are his combos, i know a, a, a does about 20 on most people and i'm getting good at rolling with the cartwheel pick up banana, follow up move after the cartwheel, then throw bananna rush again.

his spacing is so important. i find that i'm pwning casual people with spacing but i know once i play tourney people i'll get eaten up. so what is the best way to set up his ko's besided banannas?? like what can i link with, combo into etc.

i really like diddy's down smash. it covers a lot of ground and is fast. it's great to punish with too.
    Want to play: Salt Fighter, Darkstalkers 3 and other 2d capcom jank.

Check out my ebay store for Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur Fighting Game cards with art by Udon Studios, IFS etc. I carry tons more nerdy collectibles as well!

http://stores.ebay.com/Scotts-Collectibles-and-Cards

"Keep it classy."
    -Dudley
    Finally made a Diddy Kong combo video:
    Nice stuff alpha. I haven't played Diddy for a while, been working DK and Ness, but I've been playing some team DKC with Swoops, and he's been working on his Diddy. I'll point him in this direction.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    He also can use bananas, arguably just as well, if not better than Diddy.

This is not true, pretty much one of the big reasons Diddy rocks with banana's is because of his dash attack and because that dash attack 1)has a big window for picking up items and 2)you can attack immediately after it.

DK has a much smaller window for picking up items and it lags significantly after the dash attack.
    This is not true, pretty much one of the big reasons Diddy rocks with banana's is because of his dash attack and because that dash attack 1)has a big window for picking up items and 2)you can attack immediately after it.

DK has a much smaller window for picking up items and it lags significantly after the dash attack.

DK uses bananas a bit differently. His dash attack isn't that good, so I usually pick them up with Bair while WOPing, or with Z in the air. Once he gets one, he can glide toss it, which propels him across the stage. This usually presents a few scenarios
    1) enemy is hit, DK gets free >B, Fsmash, DownB.
    2) Enemy shields, DK grabs or pressures shield with >B, Fsmash, DownB.
    3) Enemy rolls/spotdodge. Other options whiff, but Down B has enough range and duration to catch them.
    4) Enemy jumps and DK can either Uair/Usmash or start using aerial banana tosses.

Diddy plays a different banana game, constantly pressuring with bananas, and he is damn good at it.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Diddy has all the same options, and more because the dash attack is a viable approach. Essentially, the properties between Diddy and DK involving bananas are the exact same, except that Diddy can pick them up and utilize his dash attack much better and more often than DK.
    Diddy has all the same options, and more because the dash attack is a viable approach. Essentially, the properties between Diddy and DK involving bananas are the exact same, except that Diddy can pick them up and utilize his dash attack much better and more often than DK.

No, Diddy doesn't have all the same options. Similar, yes, but not the same. DK's glide toss covers a lot more ground, and he has a lot more range/power on his attacks, allowing his to effectively use glide toss from farther away, and better punish/pressure a hit or shield. Diddy can glide toss from a shorter distance, and get free Fsmash/Ftilt. Diddy's dash attack is much better for working in bananas, and overall he handles bananas much better than DK (:confused:), I'm not contesting that. I'm just saying that with glide toss, DK has a potent banana game that works well against Diddy.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    man.. there was one point in which I liked Diddy so much I wanted him to be one ofmy mains, but now I can't stand him. I can't use bananas that well anymore and I don't like his melee without them
    see ya buddy

Yeah, I dropped Diddy myself awhile back, I want to pick him up again though.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Alpha. Just checked your latest tourney vids. Good shit. One thing I will say though is your banana use is very one dimensional. Throw, cartwheel, throw, cartwheel, etc. It's a solid tactic, and it works, but I think you'd benefit by experimenting with bananas more. Use glide toss forward to pressure shields, glide toss back and throw down is is nice tech that moves you back and places a banana right where you used to be. Dropped bananas work well he help control the ground.

They have a lot of uses in edgeguard too. When they're hanging on the edge, pick up a banana, FJ right next to the edge and drop it. If they hold F or attack to get back on the stage, they trip on the banana, and you can land pretty much any aerial. If they jumped from the ledge, it hits them in the air for Bair or Nair. If they roll, they're clear, but you can just land and pick up the banana and start pressuring again. Or, you can leave a second banana where their roll ends up. The best way for them to deal with this is ledgehop and try to pick up the banana, which if they do, you can work in your aerials or go for a spike.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    I was gonna say, most opponents know about the nana ledge slippage and I have way more success just going to the air, and more often then not, their reaction is to intentionally take a slip, for which the fair will punish. My nana game online is limited because glide tossing is unreliable with the lag, live play = way way better. That, and yea, double nana dash attack = rapes any opponent, regardless of skill/character/strategy, its funny as hell when people think it doesn't work and I just stomp all over them, in theory, yea, go catch that banana, in practice, catch that banana, get hit by another, get hit by a cartwheel, then get hit by an air attack, ROFL. Did you see the vids against Kishsquared? Mangz, those really show Diddy's weaknesses, first match I gave like 650%, second match I gave 716% damage, thats an average of 179% per life for the opponent. I've got some corrections for that match up though, no more fthrows/bthrows, instead I'm going to go with dthrow off the edge because it sends bowser at a lower trajectory and sets up spike opportunities. In addition to this, cartwheel usmash or utilt doesn't always work against against Bowser if he upB's out of shield, however, you can still cartwheel shield poke them and get away before they can respond, which just sets up a weakened shield for another banana or cartwheel or other stuff.

Also, in regards to DK, yea, DK has a better glide toss than Diddy, but its not that big a deal, though eating a nana and then a dsmash does suck. DK is at a disadvantage in the DK Diddy match up.
    We'll have to play again. I deleted your FC though, since it said I was taken off yours.

Diddy rapes Bowser pretty bad with bananas. His slow speed and large hitbox means that he has a hard time getting away from them. Even if he does manage to get ahold of one, there's not much he can do with it. Diddy can usually get hit by it, then get up and grab the banana before Bowser can do anything about it.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Yeap, the only problem is that I have to follow my 6 mistake philosophy against Bowser (and Ike and a few other characters). 6 hits a life, and I'm dead, that is all they need, sigh.

I won't have wifi for a few weeks, school is ending and I'm going to San Deigo then back home to MD around the 15th, so around then I'll be able to play online again.