Singapore Scene

RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner.Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
Here's a thread for the Singapore Scene!!!!

So players who are coming over can just tell us when and for what game you're coming. We are also very close to Malaysia so if you're going there you can also try coming over!

We have fortnightly SF4 Tournaments going on (Big Uns!) So come and Join in the fun, you friends out there.

For more information....

Our Community Blog!
http://sf4singapore.blogspot.com/

Tournament info, results, players, (everything) and to get us when you're coming over
http://forums.round1.sg/

See you guys!
K-Groove - "Under End" Team Todo, Haoh, Gief
"The End" Team R4 - Dan
I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented

Comments

• BuRn|NgVxBuRn|NgVx MASH! Joined: Posts: 34
    Bump for my favourite klingon
    You think she's 'just your gal' but she may be Everyone's pal.

All women are filthy lying whores.
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Ok here I come! I will be wearing a green shirt, if that helps...sometime at night, 7ish (if my bus is on time and stuff)

What is the exact location of the arcade you guys congregate at for CvS2?
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
    It's at basement 1 of the bugis junction shopping center. The nearest train station is (....) bugis. The arcade is in a basement of it's own though, not where the supermarket and food stalls are at. You need to walk along the row with macdonalds and the DC merchandise shop and turn left at the ice cream parlor

• TheMummyTheMummy ~Anakaris Curse~ Joined: Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks for some nice matches last January 2008 (4th Week)! Bugis still has nice competition for MVC2 players.. :)
    ~Anakaris Curse~

My MVC2 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/whoseyn
    Marvel 2 Filipinas: http://www.youtube.com/user/iamerchie (Other matches)
    PSN: AnakarisCurse

MVC2 Teams: Ruby Heart/Anakaris/Son Son; Anakaris/Storm/Son Son; Son Son / Anakaris / Cable; (and any other 30+ Anakaris varation teams)
    MVC3 Teams: Magneto/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Wesker/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Storm/Amaterasu/Lei Lei
    p.s. if you can't find the cvs2 machines in the arcade, just follow the sound of clapping

• codcod char siew user Joined: Posts: 11
    what happened to www.arcadescrubs.com?

mati?
    aww someone needs to give some love to this thread...malaysian thread is dead too...

no info on the tournaments posted...:sad:

• sporetempestsporetempest Joined: Posts: 187
    bump!

any mvc2 players around your area wepeel willing to come down for some comp? and er i'll try to give an update of any tourneys if you're interested...haha
    bump!

any mvc2 players around your area wepeel willing to come down for some comp? and er i'll try to give an update of any tourneys if you're interested...haha

heh the last time i saw decent mvc2 players was in 2006, back in taiwan...
    i could probably entertain the thought of a few games tomorrow. I'm really bad at mvc2, though...but yeah I'm down to play. I will be in the Bugis area all day tomorrow! :lovin:

no info on the tournaments posted...:sad:

Posted some snippets on my blog
    http://arcadescene.wordpress.com/
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    grats on getting sf IV :D
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hi guys~
  • YagamiYagami NOT a KOF fanboy Joined: Posts: 235
    Cody is that you cod? 3s Dudley player? It's me Lang, the Makoto player. Nice blog there, you hit Tougeki?!?! Dang...

I'm here in Korea right now, will be hitting Jungin arcade in Seoul to fight this Ryu.

And also get some 3s games in.

Will let you guys know how its like, and looking forward to sparring with you guys when I get back.
    www.round1.sg <-- Singapore's premier fighting games website

http://www.youtube.com/user/atatashai <-- My youtube feat SF4 matches
    Cody is that you cod? 3s Dudley player? It's me Lang, the Makoto player. Nice blog there, you hit Tougeki?!?! Dang...

I'm here in Korea right now, will be hitting Jungin arcade in Seoul to fight this Ryu.

And also get some 3s games in.

Will let you guys know how its like, and looking forward to sparring with you guys when I get back.

Nope, i'm not Cody... but I'm a Dudley player... =)
    Yep Lang it's me.

Went for 2 years in a row now, last year with the Aussies for the World Warriors international tournament and main Tougeki, and this year by myself.

Thx for posting that vid, Koreans are no joke when it comes to Street Fighter.

The SF4 scene here still new but quite hot right now, getting plenty of play. I myself just got the mook and will start learning this game when work is less stifling.

See u soon bring back some strats :)
    Sorry Astaroth, was referring to Cody over here. Have I played you in Singapore before?

That's awesome, you should have told me and maybe I could have gone with you since I'm here in Korea now haha. I just didn't want to go alone lol.

Played Laugh (top Chun player here) alot this weekend and had a great time. Roki! I hear that both of you are acquainted. =D

Look out for his Chun hitting Singapore sometime soon! And I'm really looking forward to seeing you play that SF4 Cody. Gonna learn Balrog perhaps?!

Edit: This just in, uploaded by me. I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with this video...give the Singapore Capcomers some publicity here!

Double Edit: Been reading your blog abit more Cody. Looks like you know Lidz eh. I haven't been in touch with him lately...hoping to see him back playing SF4 perhaps.

Hmm, I'm sure you have.... I play a Red Dudley... =)
    big tournament coming up. :)

http://afa08.com/arcade_showdown.htm
    Man! That is one BIG tournament. I hear that Japanese players are coming down for the Tekken tournament...sick.

How about SF4?

Someone better get some footage/pictures of everything so we can better hype the scene up!

Rokiseph *wink wink*

• NANA_K_KASENANA_K_KASE Joined: Posts: 37
    hi guys where is the best arcade in singapore to play sf3, cvs2 and kofxi? I might be coming there next month form the Phil. tnx..
    Man! That is one BIG tournament. I hear that Japanese players are coming down for the Tekken tournament...sick.

How about SF4?

Someone better get some footage/pictures of everything so we can better hype the scene up!

Rokiseph *wink wink*

i heard abt the jap players part. but dunno it's for tekken. not sure how's the standard for tekken sg. but hope we can give the japs a run on their money. :D
    hi guys where is the best arcade in singapore to play sf3, cvs2 and kofxi? I might be coming there next month form the Phil. tnx..

i dun play all this games but bugis is your destination. refer to below.

http://www.tkaworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=29

Oi Pinoy!

Hangang kelan ka sa Singapore? I'm here in Korea and will be back Dec 23rd. Would be great to get some 3s and CVS2 games with you. Say hi to Lord Sharky and the gang for me.

Hi guys. Just moved out to Singapore last week (from the U.K). I was wondering where the best place/time is to play SF4 and ST. Found a sf4 machine in plaza singapura so been playing in there so far. Only been playing since monday so i suck but playing good competition is the best way to improve.
    One more question (sorry to pester), since SSF2T HD remix is out very soon, im going to need to buy myself a console. The question is should it be xbox 360 or PS3. I was an 360 owner back in the U.K but i don't know if anyone plays on them out in this part of the world. Don't want to go online and find out i'm the only one there....

Thanks in advance to any reply
  • xiao`meowxiao`meow Crazy Man Joined: Posts: 19
    Hey guys, any of you guys getting STHD next week?
    Didn't realise that there were Singaporeans hanging out here as well sia... haha...

to MrJoshua, I think the best time to play would be friday evenings and weekends at Bugis Shopping Centre. There's lots of competition there. Or maybe Suntec Tower 4, though competition there is not comparable to Bugis. Managed to obtain 5 wins on my 1st play at SF4 using Blanka recently.
    hi joshua, welcome to singapore. u can refer to my prev post for the arcade that is most popular in sg. the ST scene in here is still quite hot.

i also quite interested in the sthdr thing but i dun own any of the 2 consoles. i have actually spoke to the arcade marketing manager. he said that it's quite possible to have the game on arcade cab since some ps2 football game are in a arcade cab and there is a ps2 ctrl hanging at the side.
    Thanks for the responses Xiao and Hyperx. I'll check out the Bugis arcade when i get the chance. Although that Anime festival is taking a few sf4 arcade cabs from certain arcades if i remember rightly. Might wait till the festival is over.
    SSF2T HD could well be a possibility in the arcades. I hadn't thought of that. Although playing SF on a pad ain't all that much fun, for me anyhow
    hi guys,

where could i found sf3s arcade in singapore? just wanna try:wonder:, last time i remember playing was 3 years ago :sad: i'm gonna stay there for 2-3days then going back to philippines coming from india. thanks in advance!
  • xiao`meowxiao`meow Crazy Man Joined: Posts: 19
    eh 3s... i think so far oni bugis have...
    Guys please post the results of the tourney!

1st - Tan Jia Chun (Peihoon) with Sagat

2nd - Jianhui (Raven) with Boxer

3rd - Wilson with Blanka

4th - Alan Lee with Gief

5th - Simon (Registered as Leslie) with Sagat

6th - Weitian with Abel

That's all I remember. 27 participants in all. 3 groups of 4 and 5 groups of 3. Group stages only allowed winner to go through. 1 chance. Some very good players were eliminated because of the group draw. Most prominent being CWJ the top Ryu player being drawn into the same group as the champion.
    according to the rules in the website, http://scoga.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41&sid=43bc3ef485725f0959d74540e1197cd9

it's supposed to be 2 from each group. not sure why it changed to 1 per grp. maybe cos of the lack of participants.
    Wow, looks like Peihoon won as expected. I can't wait to take his Sagat on when I get back!

And good to know that Jianhui is still kickin butt. The final must have been an awesome fight. I am dissapointed to know that the top 2 spots were won by the game's best 2 characters, Boxer and Sagat. That's gotta changeee!

Finally, Wietian 6th with Abel? Woot!

Thanks for posting up the results Nate.

As for the number of participants, I'd say 27 is a very healthy number for a Street Fighter game. When was the last time we had that kind of number at all? Hope Virtualand can organize more stuff to keep the flame burning.

• RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mizuki Ichirou VS SF4 Tournament
    Planned for Mizuki

half ashamed half proud of myself.

But, 100% Stupid for knowing after that SF4 Tournament finished BEFORE Concert so i could have gone for both.
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented
    Hey guys, any of you guys getting STHD next week?

Sexually Transmitted Hyper Disease!!!!
    That's like... Super Syphillis, or..or...Cyborg Crabs...or...even Godzillonorrhea!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    have been to virtualand too bad, no one is playing 3s there :(, i've tried sf4 though hehe, wasn't use to the gaming system yet.
    I am dissapointed to know that the top 2 spots were won by the game's best 2 characters, Boxer and Sagat. That's gotta changeee!

As for the number of participants, I'd say 27 is a very healthy number for a Street Fighter game. When was the last time we had that kind of number at all? Hope Virtualand can organize more stuff to keep the flame burning.

maybe i am ill informed but the last time i checked, boxer is only in the middle of the ranking.

you referring to 27 as a healthy number for those small bugis tournament with tokens as prizes? for a tournament of this scale and the attractive prize, i would expect to see more ppl in it. well, can only blame on the ks nesses of ppl in singapore. the ppl who i talked to who did not join always says cannot win one lah. omg, if everyone is winner, who will be the loser? :looney:
    Boxer is middle of ranking because not everyone can utilise him properly, But as it is, Technically, Boxer is very very good. his Options may be limited to cahrge moves, but what he can Link *off* the Charged moves are what scares people.

It's along the same vein of thought as saying Elf is Top Tier because he has the Loop, He has the tools, but how many in Singapore can use the Tools well. Well, that'll slowly come, and come Mid December, an Elf will Return to Singapore and hopefully Loop people to death by then.

Meanwhile, I'm completely Confident that Jianhui will show more SGians that Boxer should belong higher above.

Actually, anyone who can
    1. Get in (with Super Armor)
    2. Link off That First move into something else
    3. Damage you badly enough while recovering from the *getting hit* while getting in

Is already scary strong.

That's Boxer and Elf.

Then there's Sagat who's just dumb powerhouse. And SG's Sagats are still not even 1/4 their potential. I'm going to force Weitian to Sagat his way around because I've Seen his playstyle, and it scared me.
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    maybe i am ill informed but the last time i checked, boxer is only in the middle of the ranking.

you referring to 27 as a healthy number for those small bugis tournament with tokens as prizes? for a tournament of this scale and the attractive prize, i would expect to see more ppl in it. well, can only blame on the ks nesses of ppl in singapore. the ppl who i talked to who did not join always says cannot win one lah. omg, if everyone is winner, who will be the loser? :looney:

I'm actually referring to Jason Cole's tier list which places Boxer at #1, which I completely agree with. Ino's ranking is wrong on a few counts IMO.

Yah la, that's typical SG mentality. I can't win, therefore I won't play. Everyone should read Sirlin's 'playing to win' article. 1 hour playing in tournaments levels your game up more than 10 hours playing casual.

I agree with Roki. Charging in with Super Armor is just frikkin scary. Really, I hate Boxer more than Sagat now. And I play Elf, but have no idea how to fight him when someone else picks him. Random ex runs=wth am I supposed to do moments.

As for the Elf player coming back to SG, I hear that's all he knows how to do, the loop. Put him under pressure and he will start doing stupid things. Hmm, must be the fear of eating one combo which for Elf=half his life lol...

But I agree Elf will definitely rise in the tiers as time goes by.

Hey guys I'm back!! Will be going to Bugis Friday night and I'd love to get some SF4 games in with everyone.

hey peeps!! Fellow sg-rean here :D. Din know there was a sg thread in here.. happened to chance upon it. How do you guys know each other btw? I often hang out at Bugis to play SF4 but the pros there are seriously omg.. I dunno their names but I know quite a number of them by sight.. they're always playing there every weekend lols.
    Sup luvselina4. Yup, some of us know each other from playing past Capcom games like 3s and CVS2, some people on here I've yet to meet.

The 'pros' at Bugis are indeed very good, but I believe that SF4 is an accessible enough game to learn the basics really quick. Which characters you play? Maybe I can hook you up with the respective 'pros' of that char so you can learn from him.

yo~ icic.. i used to play cvs2 too~ Nvr liked 3rd strike though dun ask me why lol.

Hmm I usually play Ryu and Blanka... tbh the timing for the combos are quite tough to make them all connect.

What characters do u play?? =)
    You played CVS2? Perhaps we might have played...I played K Maki, Rock and Hibiki back in the day.

I wouldn't worry too much about combos. I'm assuming you're having problems with FADC cancel and link combos right? Don't worry, many of the 'pros' screw up their combos as well. Just keep practicing, there's no other way.

I play Viper and El Fuerte.

Hey guys casual SF4 tournament @Bugis next Friday coming up.

Details here.

http://sf4singapore.blogspot.com/

• jaxrpcjaxrpc Joined: Posts: 17
    hi sorry to sidetrack abit.

Do you guys happen to know if it is possible to get sanwa or seimitsu parts locally?
    Jeremy knows the sanwa dealer here. I'll ask him for you.

• AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just saying hi since Yagami asked me to.

I play at Bugis and PS and if you see someone scrubbing it up with Rufus, making people shake their heads wondering how they lost to random Ex-Messiah kicks, yes that's me.

Wish I could make it this friday but I can't. Prior arrangements. Will definately try to make it to future tourneys though.

And yes, the Kiasu Singaporean "Why enter if I can't win" mentality pisses me off too. I'm thinking that's probably why the Versus League died out. Damn shame.

Props to Yagami for keeping the tourney scene alive.
    "Studio-produced hetero porn is just a joke. Either the men are actually trying to steal screen time from the actress, or the cameraman is trying to give the actor a colonoscopy." - Taito
    You played CVS2? Perhaps we might have played...I played K Maki, Rock and Hibiki back in the day.

I wouldn't worry too much about combos. I'm assuming you're having problems with FADC cancel and link combos right? Don't worry, many of the 'pros' screw up their combos as well. Just keep practicing, there's no other way.

I play Viper and El Fuerte.

Hey yagami. Srry didn't come back to check this thread for quite a while. Yea I do believe we may have played waay back during the days when CvS2 was hot :) Can I register for the tourney on friday itself? Its this coming friday right? 15th Jan? And you're right.. I'm having some major problem coming out Ryu's ultra after a DP -> FADC cancel.... everything comes out perfectly except the ultra LoL. BUT I can do an ex-fireball -> FADC cancel into ultra without a hitch. Definitely a pyschological problem I think lol.
    Just saying hi since Yagami asked me to.

I play at Bugis and PS and if you see someone scrubbing it up with Rufus, making people shake their heads wondering how they lost to random Ex-Messiah kicks, yes that's me.

Wish I could make it this friday but I can't. Prior arrangements. Will definately try to make it to future tourneys though.

And yes, the Kiasu Singaporean "Why enter if I can't win" mentality pisses me off too. I'm thinking that's probably why the Versus League died out. Damn shame.

Props to Yagami for keeping the tourney scene alive.

Heeeyy~ I think I've seen u around. Did you play at PS last saturday? Were you the dood wearing striped shirt and specs? A little bit on the plump side? Cos there was only one Rufus player that night and you fit the bill perfectly.. you kept throwing random ex-messiah kicks especially on wake up hahaha. There was a heavily tattoo-ed dude there as well, his zangief is wicked man.

Well anyways if you're the person that I'm talking about I'm the tall skinny Ryu player. I asked you to continue playing even though I put a token on your machine after you lost cos my cousin was already playing :looney:

Actually tbh, I'm kinda like the kiasu sgrean too.. but its not about not being able to win the tourney but more like if I enter the tourney and I meet a super pro in the first round wouldn't that be kinda sad lol. I know there's always an outside chance of winning and I would like to see how I stand against the best after practising for so long but in most cases I'll lose and I can't go furthur in the tourney anymore :arazz:

Srry for the long post =P
  • axelaxel Joined: Posts: 6
    It's a shame that the SF4 machines are not set to freeplay mode for the tournament. I'll try to make it down with my scrubby Guile (or maybe Chun?)
  • AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey yagami. Srry didn't come back to check this thread for quite a while. Yea I do believe we may have played waay back during the days when CvS2 was hot :) Can I register for the tourney on friday itself? Its this coming friday right? 15th Jan? And you're right.. I'm having some major problem coming out Ryu's ultra after a DP -> FADC cancel.... everything comes out perfectly except the ultra LoL. BUT I can do an ex-fireball -> FADC cancel into ultra without a hitch. Definitely a pyschological problem I think lol.

Heeeyy~ I think I've seen u around. Did you play at PS last saturday? Were you the dood wearing striped shirt and specs? A little bit on the plump side? Cos there was only one Rufus player that night and you fit the bill perfectly.. you kept throwing random ex-messiah kicks especially on wake up hahaha. There was a heavily tattoo-ed dude there as well, his zangief is wicked man.

Well anyways if you're the person that I'm talking about I'm the tall skinny Ryu player. I asked you to continue playing even though I put a token on your machine after you lost cos my cousin was already playing :looney:

Actually tbh, I'm kinda like the kiasu sgrean too.. but its not about not being able to win the tourney but more like if I enter the tourney and I meet a super pro in the first round wouldn't that be kinda sad lol. I know there's always an outside chance of winning and I would like to see how I stand against the best after practising for so long but in most cases I'll lose and I can't go furthur in the tourney anymore :arazz:

Srry for the long post =P

Don't remember wearing a striped shirt and am in denial that I am a bit on the plump side, but yep, think that was me.

You were the Ryu/Boxer player and your cousin was the Blanka right? And yes, I remember you missing dp> FADC> Ultra a bunch of time (kept on coming out as Ex Shoryuken instead).

Solid Ryu play and I look forward to playing you and your cousin again. And I promise not to taunt when your cousin turtles up :sweat:
    "Studio-produced hetero porn is just a joke. Either the men are actually trying to steal screen time from the actress, or the cameraman is trying to give the actor a colonoscopy." - Taito