Singapore Scene

Comments

• YagamiYagami NOT a KOF fanboy Joined: Posts: 235
    Tournament update:

Machines will be set to Tournament mode, which meansafter each match it 'resets'.

And more importantly, games will be going at 50cents a pop. =)
    www.round1.sg <-- Singapore's premier fighting games website

http://www.youtube.com/user/atatashai <-- My youtube feat SF4 matches
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    Don't remember wearing a striped shirt and am in denial that I am a bit on the plump side, but yep, think that was me.

You were the Ryu/Boxer player and your cousin was the Blanka right? And yes, I remember you missing dp> FADC> Ultra a bunch of time (kept on coming out as Ex Shoryuken instead).

well I'll admit ur not plump actually.. just that its a little easier to describe u that way.. I bet those are muscles underneath :wgrin:

yea i'm the Ryu/Boxer player lol.. My boxer sucks atm cos I just started using him like a week ago so his combos don't come naturally to me yet. Aww man dun remind me of those failed Ultras lol.. happens everytime actually :rofl:
    Solid Ryu play and I look forward to playing you and your cousin again. And I promise not to taunt when your cousin turtles up:sweat:

Thanks.. your Rufus solid too.. those dive kicks and random ex-messiahs are bloody irritating lol. I din know you taunted my cousin but yea he's a hardcore turtle player sometimes lol~ Not to mention Blanka turtles are really tough to play against.

Hope to see u at PS sometime again dude.. I'll probably be heading there today and tomorrow (Sat) at about 9+ or 10pm. Will be going to Bugis first to check out the tourney. Hope I can register for it. :rock:
    Thanks for the tourney Yagami. It was really fun! We definitely need more of such stuff again.

P.S: Is El Fuerte your main?
    Hey good to see you in the thread Acidic. I always find joy playing with people who post on SRK. You may not be the best player around the block now, but I'm sure you'll get better real quick because you read up and are in the know as to what's happening with SF globally. =)

luvselina4: Thanks for coming to the tourney! I don't think I got a chance to talk to you, or if I did, I didn't know it was you. What name did you register as and who did you use?

I'm glad you liked the tourney! It being fun is the highest compliment I can get, that's all I was aiming for really. I'll definitely be hosting the next one very soon.

And yes, I alternate between El Fuerte and C.Viper, depending on who I'm confident with on the day. These days I feel my Viper's alot better tho...but I've got a bag of new Fuerte tricks I wanna try out next time I'm at Bugis so we'll see how that goes haha.

Haha yea the whole tourney was fun~ I liked it being set in group stages.. gives u more chances to qualify for the round robin matches. When will the next one be? I read your blog and it said 2 weeks time.. should be on a friday night right?

You did talk to me actually, you asked me where I played cos you hadn't seen me around b4 lol. I registered as Hanyi and I used Ryu. Was one of the last few to register lol.

I see, I watched a couple of vids of your C.Viper and tot it looked a lot stronger than your Fuerte but that being said, your Fuerte's no push over too. Look forward to seeing ur new moves the next tourney =)
    what all fighting games does virtualand have becides sf4? 3s, sf2t, mvc2, cvs2?
    KOF, Tekken 6, Melty Blood to name a few... :)
    My first post here, though not my first visit.

I play at J8 most often, and a little bit at AMK.
    Plays Zangief mainly. I just started playing, so most people wouldn't really have seen me.
    Been losing to Sagat visitors from other arcades hahah.

Known as Divine Artistry in a certain forum, and Artist in the others.

I'm intending to play SF4 on Xbox Live as well.
    Came to post here because of the comment in the SF4 SG Blog.

Anyone that I might have played with?
    I only played the last 2-3 weeks.

Might drop by to play in the upcoming tournament in Bugis.
    luvselina4
    - Ahh, I definitely remember talking to you. Thanks heaps for coming down, it's really nice when people from different arcades come together for an event. I look forward to seeing you again this Friday which means...

The next tournament is confirmed! I'll be updating my blog in a few mins so do check that out for any details, otherwise the format, time and place is the same as two weeks ago.

The Artist
    - I saw your comments on my blog, and I'm definitely looking forward to exploring ways our communities. First up I'll register on your forums as soon as I can, and I just wanna say I really appreciate the coverage that you're giving my blog on your forums. I'm looking forward to more arcade+console tourneys around Singapore!

I'm looking to form a Singapore-wide community consisting of arcade, Xbox and PS3 players. As for bringing everyone into the BOB forums, I'm just worried that it will be hard to get PS3 users to feel 'at home' at a BrotherHood Of the Box forum if you know what I mean.

What do you think of a Singapore-wide SF4 forum? Maybe you can moderate the XBOX Live subsection? Just thinking out loud.

Haha, I don't own the forums, its just that they just started a new SF4 sub-forum, so I'm moderating it. Happened to saw your blog and the need for a new forum.

Hee. The BOB forums have PS3 sub forums.
    I think we could have our very own SF4 forum for SG players, but I think the base is not very strong for a start.
    I suggested the BOB forums partly because its well maintained by a lot of people, over the last 5-6 years. Also, many of the regulars work in games magazines and companies, and many retailers as well.
    The server seldom encountered problems, and there are many useful functions.
    Perhaps it'll be good if you and some of your close friends register, then try it out, then decide on it. Unless you are preparing to create your own website, thus hosting your own blog and forums, this would actually help you more because those free forums have lots of maintenance stuff, and is usually less user-friendly. Hee.
    I have a few forums for my guilds/clans/teams in games, usually they end up too sparsely inhabited. Thats why I was thinking of BOB as a good alternative.
    I am also able to get SG Cardgames to host a unbiased SF4 forum, but I think its not as relevant as BOB.
    It would be great if you can get HWZ or Singtel to host, as the forums are already well innovated over the years. I'll be glad to help if required.

By the way, i'm not a console player, rather an arcade player. Haha.
    KOF player from AMK FL in the 90s.

Anyway, these are just my suggestions and reasons, you guys try it out and let me know. Hee.
    Will drop by for the tournament this friday. Probably register as Artist.

I think once you have enough people (100 and more) a forum hosted by your own website would be good. You can also update the website instead of the blog. I think that is so cool, and you can always embed videos from youtube, so it won't be eating up your bandwidth. Hee. Maybe you can get all tournament go-ers and participants and maybe some of the viewers to register with you. Just an afterthought. Haha.
  • Mickey D'Mickey D' I feel for ya Mummy-B Joined: Posts: 1,828
    SNIP

I just wanted to say Yagami, that I too subscribed to your blog and am very interested in the Singapore SF4 scene! Though I'm not in the area, around it, or even remotely having want to BE in the area, I am still very interested in over seas play....

All in all, thanks for running that blog so that people like me can see how other countries play!
    Hey Mickey, if there's no lag playing with you over Xbox Live, you may wish to play with us Singaporeans when SF4 is released on X360.

These are the Gamer Tags available, all Singaporeans.
    Of course, if its laggy, then its too bad.

Click here for the list of Gamer tags of SG Xbox Live players for Street Fighter 4

Hee. Hope this helps.
    Hey Mickey, if there's no lag playing with you over Xbox Live, you may wish to play with us Singaporeans when SF4 is released on X360.

These are the Gamer Tags available, all Singaporeans.
    Of course, if its laggy, then its too bad.

Click here for the list of Gamer tags of SG Xbox Live players for Street Fighter 4

Hee. Hope this helps.

I'd love to be playing you guys! I'll add you on the friend list then!
    No problem Mickey.

Hopefully there'll be no lag issues.
    If not, will have to settle for forum chatting. Haha.

Looking forward to 12th Feb!
    Hey Mickey,

I just want to say I share your passion for SF in different parts of the world. It's what makes SF so special eh? No matter where videos etc come from, it will always be the same common platform, SF that you see and read people talk about.

Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I've checked yours out too, good commentary+analysis there. Hopefully in the future, we'll have a chance to bring our communities together as the world grows smaller and SF grows bigger. Will you be going to Evo this year btw?

• Desert FoxDesert Fox no game Joined: Posts: 199
    so what is the biggest and best arcade in singapore with capcom games of all kinds? and how far is it from the Changi Naval Base?
    pringles all day...
    Hey Mickey,

I just want to say I share your passion for SF in different parts of the world. It's what makes SF so special eh? No matter where videos etc come from, it will always be the same common platform, SF that you see and read people talk about.

Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I've checked yours out too, good commentary+analysis there. Hopefully in the future, we'll have a chance to bring our communities together as the world grows smaller and SF grows bigger. Will you be going to Evo this year btw?

Thank you for the kind words about my blog. I really like your blog as well since it's so organized and detailed. Yeah man, I will be going to evo this year, will you and the Singapore group be making it out? Hopefully we can meet!
    so what is the biggest and best arcade in singapore with capcom games of all kinds? and how far is it from the Changi Naval Base?
    I think it would be TKA Virtualand at Bugis Junction.

It is quite central, but still considered near as Singapore is pretty small and the transport pretty efficient. You may have to take transport to one of the trains stations (subway), and the trains ride to Bugis should take you under 20-25 mins.

Of course, should you require more detailed information.
    Go to www.gothere.sg , enter Changi Naval Base as your starting point, and Bugis Junction as your destination.
    As Changi Naval Base is a military base, it may not be shown on the map. Hence, you may be required to give a road name, on which is convenient for you to get to.
    The entire journey via public transport shouldn't take you more than an hour at max.
    The cost should be around $2-3 SG dollars, or around 1-1.5 Euros.

Should you take a taxi, the fare would probably be around $10-15 Singapore dollars, or 5-7.5 Euros. It'll vary depending on the timing.
    It'll only take you 15-20 mins for the entire journey though.

Have fun during your stay in Singapore, its somehow like Hong Kong, but almost everyone speaks English here. Feel free to ask around for directions, I'm sure many will be able and pleased to help you out on your visit here.
  • TheMummyTheMummy ~Anakaris Curse~ Joined: Posts: 262
    Wassup?

I'll be visiting again Bugis Junction next week. So I'll probably be there playing on Feb. 13,14 or 17. But mostly you can expect me on Feb 14. Again.. I only play MVC2 and uses Anakaris. I hope there are still mvc2 players there.. :wgrin:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

My MVC2 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/whoseyn
    Marvel 2 Filipinas: http://www.youtube.com/user/iamerchie (Other matches)
    PSN: AnakarisCurse

MVC2 Teams: Ruby Heart/Anakaris/Son Son; Anakaris/Storm/Son Son; Son Son / Anakaris / Cable; (and any other 30+ Anakaris varation teams)
    MVC3 Teams: Magneto/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Wesker/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Storm/Amaterasu/Lei Lei
    Thanks The Artist:wgrin:

man, virtualand is an awesome arcade experience. I didn't even realize how many fighting games they had in there. It took us awhile to find it's exact location until we ran in to the junction spot.

i saw and had a chance to play s4 finally. What was goin on up stairs? i couldnt really see exactly what game was being played, but it looked somewhat like a puzzle game:confused:

also, gg's to the guy's i played in marvel. Man you guys put up hands down tight matches. It took me about 5 games to finally adjust to the controllers there:sweat:

you guys play like we do in the states. I'll try to make it there again tomorrow early around 12ish or 1 maybe 2. I hope to see you guys there again. gg's and nice matches. i need to tighten up my game play the next time we play.:rofl:
    pringles all day...
    welcome to singapore desertfox! I believe there was a tourney going on for another game. Sengotsu Taisen or however the heck u spell it. Its a strategy game using cards. Not really sure how its played too lol.

Anyways glad u enjoyed the experience in Bugis :)
    Thanks The Artist:wgrin:

man, virtualand is an awesome arcade experience. I didn't even realize how many fighting games they had in there. It took us awhile to find it's exact location until we ran in to the junction spot.

i saw and had a chance to play s4 finally. What was goin on up stairs? i couldnt really see exactly what game was being played, but it looked somewhat like a puzzle game:confused:

also, gg's to the guy's i played in marvel. Man you guys put up hands down tight matches. It took me about 5 games to finally adjust to the controllers there:sweat:

you guys play like we do in the states. I'll try to make it there again tomorrow early around 12ish or 1 maybe 2. I hope to see you guys there again. gg's and nice matches. i need to tighten up my game play the next time we play.:rofl:

Till when are you going to stay in Singapore? If its not until Feb 18 then I will be able to catch you up and have some a couple of matches when I visit singapore next week.. :lol:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

MVC2 Teams: Ruby Heart/Anakaris/Son Son; Anakaris/Storm/Son Son; Son Son / Anakaris / Cable; (and any other 30+ Anakaris varation teams)
    MVC3 Teams: Magneto/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Wesker/Amaterasu/Taskmaster; Storm/Amaterasu/Lei Lei
    all mannn. i'm leaving the area like in 2 days. I got head back to england, so i'm not going to be able to get any games in with ya.

but... there is high level comp in marvel so be sure you have that mummy ready because those guys are serious!!!:wow:
    pringles all day...
    all mannn. i'm leaving the area like in 2 days. I got head back to england, so i'm not going to be able to get any games in with ya.

but... there is high level comp in marvel so be sure you have that mummy ready because those guys are serious!!!:wow:

Aww.. Yes they are serious. I think they are a group of strong mvc2 players, also found some flip players there last year..:rofl:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

Hee. Welcome.
    Glad that you enjoyed your stay in SG and had fun at the arcades.

If you guys are able to go to the arcade mentioned on this friday, Friday the Thirteenth, there's a 2v2 tournament for Street Fighter 4.

You guys might want to check it out.
    For more details, you can visit Yagami's blog, he's the one who started it all.
    http://sf4singapore.blogspot.com/

Its not restricted to Singapore residents, tourists and visitors around the world are welcomed!!!
    i enjoyed it most def. not only was the arcade great, just the shopping there and things to do is insane.

i want to get back there, but i wont be able to until maybe this summer if my plans dont change. s4 was nice and i like the setup there.:lovin:

i also checked out Yagami's blog and that blog is nice. very detailed and explains everything you need to know about the fighting game scene in sg. Thanks Yagami for having that up for viewing, wasn't for that blog, i may have not known about virualand junction spot. the blog actually inspired me to hit that arcade specificly up. thanks again Yagami for your enormous work in supporting the scene.
    pringles all day...
  • sporetempestsporetempest Joined: Posts: 187
    i enjoyed it most def. not only was the arcade great, just the shopping there and things to do is insane.

i want to get back there, but i wont be able to until maybe this summer if my plans dont change. s4 was nice and i like the setup there.:lovin:

i also checked out Yagami's blog and that blog is nice. very detailed and explains everything you need to know about the fighting game scene in sg. Thanks Yagami for having that up for viewing, wasn't for that blog, i may have not known about virualand junction spot. the blog actually inspired me to hit that arcade specificly up. thanks again Yagami for your enormous work in supporting the scene.

Hey Desert Fox,

i'm ken, one of the singapore marvel players. I don't think you've played me though, because i'd surely remember if i played against someone from outta town. Anyway I think it's been mentioned already, but hope you had a good time here and I really hope you can come down again (i'm itching for comp from overseas).

what teams do you play btw? and maybe you could tell me who/which teams you played against? probably can give you a rundown/introduction to our scene and the top players (there's only like the same few unfortunately,haha)

and lastly, changi naval base? dude you with the navy or sth?
    Hey guys.. finally joined SRK.

Even though I got my copy of SFIV for the PS3, still going down to the arcades because that's where the competition's at! Well, actually I just haven't got a arcade stick yet, lol. But nothing beats lagless gameplay and face to face competition yeah?

I usually go to Plaza Singapura and Ang Mo Kio arcades.. where do you guys usually go? Will like to meet up and learn from you pros!
  • SleepIsGoodSleepIsGood Joined: Posts: 4
    Good to find SG players for SF4.
    Psychtion wrote:
    I usually go to Plaza Singapura and Ang Mo Kio arcades.. where do you guys usually go? Will like to meet up and learn from you pros!

Haha..I am not a pro,still have much to learn.Trying to main guile and it is sure not easy.I normally play at Sun Plaza,which have only two machines.
    Hey Desert Fox,

i'm ken, one of the singapore marvel players. I don't think you've played me though, because i'd surely remember if i played against someone from outta town. Anyway I think it's been mentioned already, but hope you had a good time here and I really hope you can come down again (i'm itching for comp from overseas).

what teams do you play btw? and maybe you could tell me who/which teams you played against? probably can give you a rundown/introduction to our scene and the top players (there's only like the same few unfortunately,haha)

and lastly, changi naval base? dude you with the navy or sth?

what's good Ken,

Well, the setup they have over there for ruffly all the games, you can never tell who you've played against unless they come over and tell you. i was there on saturday(7th) and sunday(8th).

yes, i will come down there to visit you guys again, but it wont be till probably mid summer or early fall.

the people i played? well, on saturday i played against a variety of teams. the team combanations i remember vividly were:

msp, storm/cable/cap, storm/sent/cyclops, scrub, mag based teams.

But after awhile, i saw mostly mag based teams like msp and msc. that was saturday.

sunday i saw someone that played me only with mag/cable/psy. he was also pretty fast with mag's and had a good cable.

the other guy i played against used rouge/storm/tron which he played very smart.

then the rest of the time i played s4 which got most of my time and money:wasted:

yeah, i'm working a gs (gov) job so i'm all over the place. the cat i was with is in the navy and knew some people out there.
    pringles all day...
    ohh yeah true. but players here prefer our current set up coz gives us more room. but yeah. anw you're from the states? some guys i spoke to said they played an american..

Oh and from what you've told me you probably didn't get to play our top players. Our top guys use mainly thrax and storm based teams. no worries though let me know when exactly you'll be here and i can hook everyone up. :)

The only decent mag/cable/psy player we have here's called Chris. He mainly plays GG (pot user) Not sure bout the rogue guy though.

And the comp for sf4's nuts. It's evo every day. lol.
    Nice MVC2 matches in here! It was like nonstop and fast! And yeah SF4 here is like EVO everyday... hehe
    ~Anakaris Curse~

Desert Fox: Thanks for the kudos dude, I'm glad the blog helped you find good comp here in Singapore. Safe travels and I hope to play ya in SF4 someday. =)

TheMummy: Pinoy! Di ka nag reply sakin earlier in the thread eh...dito ka pa?

Desert Fox: Thanks for the kudos dude, I'm glad the blog helped you find good comp here in Singapore. Safe travels and I hope to play ya in SF4 someday. =)

TheMummy: Pinoy! Di ka nag reply sakin earlier in the thread eh...dito ka pa?

Ngek. Didn't see that message, wala ata. Yes andito pa ako sa Singapore, na-extend eh. I was at Bugis last Saturday.
    ~Anakaris Curse~

Haha cge cge. Punta ako maya. You can call me at 91910494. =)

Haha cge cge. Punta ako maya. You can call me at 91910494. =)

Ngak! Maybe I'll just drop by Friday or Saturday Night or so.. You'll see me usually in MVC2 Cabins using Anakaris.. ako lang gumagamit nun bukod tangi.. hahaha. Did you know kane_warehead personally, I think he was asking yata about you 4 years ago I think when it was my first time in SG. Do you also play MVC2?
    ~Anakaris Curse~

Tangengot talaga yan c anakaris hehe. Good shit on playing him tho, I love players who stick with characters that arent god-tier.

I play MVC2 super casual..sure, we can get a few games in.

Me and Neilzen go a long way back. 9 years now?

Tangengot talaga yan c anakaris hehe. Good shit on playing him tho, I love players who stick with characters that arent god-tier.

I play MVC2 super casual..sure, we can get a few games in.

Me and Neilzen go a long way back. 9 years now?

Hah? andon ka ba nung last saturday?
    ~Anakaris Curse~

Nah, I only go down Fridays and maybe Sundays.

This week's Street Fighter 4 tournament will be at Ang Mo Kio Virtualand (same operator as Bugis)! Wanna go? At least meet naman tayo noh.

Details on my blog, as usual.

sf4singapore.blogspot.com

Nah, I only go down Fridays and maybe Sundays.

This week's Street Fighter 4 tournament will be at Ang Mo Kio Virtualand (same operator as Bugis)! Wanna go? At least meet naman tayo noh.

Details on my blog, as usual.

sf4singapore.blogspot.com

I tried playing SF4 at Suntec City Today (I accidentally saw an arcade with SF4 cabin) and yeah I know the competition is few whean compared to Bugis.. so yeah it was my first time.. and I move like a NOOB!! I was trying the mvc2 style haha but it doesn't work, though I have a background with SFZ2.. I only got 3 wins there VS others and there was one guy good with Vega and Ken.. I can't beat them.. I wished Anakaris was in SF4... hehehe :looney:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

• RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner. Joined: Posts: 534
    Gasp no!

LP -> MP -> HP -> EX Coffin Dance-> FADC -> Pharaoh Decoration

Sick

No one should let you combo into Pharaoh Decoration...
    K-Groove - "Under End" Team Todo, Haoh, Gief
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented
  • pltanpltan Joined: Posts: 18
    I'm looking for some PS3 SFIV players in Malaysia / Singapore to practice with online :)

Please add me:

PSN : pltan75
    Gasp no!

LP -> MP -> HP -> EX Coffin Dance-> FADC -> Pharaoh Decoration

Sick

No one should let you combo into Pharaoh Decoration...

hahahaha omg roland that's nasty.

c.lk c.mk s.hk XX tk metsu, tk metsu sj. metsu lah. :)

and you're still in sg hussein? i know what you mean bout the mvc2 thing though. interestingly i've learnt to be much more patient after playing sf4 alot. helps my magneto rushdown too.

and pltan's post has given me an idea. Maybe we should make a list of all the sg FG players, or at least those who post on srk. I mean we all know each other already i guess, especially the old guys but there's a whole lot of new ppl coming here these days so maybe we can point em in the right direction?
    hahahaha omg roland that's nasty.

c.lk c.mk s.hk XX tk metsu, tk metsu sj. metsu lah. :)

and you're still in sg hussein? i know what you mean bout the mvc2 thing though. interestingly i've learnt to be much more patient after playing sf4 alot. helps my magneto rushdown too.

and pltan's post has given me an idea. Maybe we should make a list of all the sg FG players, or at least those who post on srk. I mean we all know each other already i guess, especially the old guys but there's a whole lot of new ppl coming here these days so maybe we can point em in the right direction?

Haha yep, I'm still here. The 1-week that I told you turned into 1-month. :wgrin: I was there at Bugis last Saturday on my 2nd week of stay(1st week was when we had some matchups @ Bugis), then yeah I went to Suntec City and the SF4 thing just the recent weekend. Not sure if I can pass by Bugis again this weekend because I will be leaving SG next week wednesday. Most probably will still be coming back here in SG every after weeks or months.. :wink:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

www.round1.sg

It's happening. =)

• BuRn|NgVxBuRn|NgVx MASH! Joined: Posts: 34
    hey, i'm glad to see the thread we created for weepel is still going strong.

Another bump for my favourite klingon, and a special yoga noogie for aeon
    You think she's 'just your gal' but she may be Everyone's pal.

All women are filthy lying whores.
    This thread was created for John?!

I'm again @SG today.. I was at Bugis Arcade and played MVC2. Played someone with Mags/Storm or Cable/ Sentinel.. we had good fun matches.. :wgrin:
    ~Anakaris Curse~

• wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    hey, i'm glad to see the thread we created for weepel is still going strong.

Another bump for my favourite klingon, and a special yoga noogie for aeon

This thread was created for John?!

:lovin::lovin::lovin:

hey guys i know latency issues make it virtually impossible to have an enjoyable game online but my ps3 gamertag is amannamebeef, maybe we could get some games in...maybe im just kidding myself. :sweat: well anyway, every so often i miss asia and singapore definitely showed me some warm hospitality. Hot hospitality. Humid hospitality. So hot I fell under sickness hehe.

If any of you guys come to California please notify me and I will try my best to show you the same love! :rock:
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
    It was completely strange and awesome to run into you in Seoul, of all places!

I'm hoping we get a contingent to Evo next year, so look out for that! And as for games on the PS3..we can play lag roseball maybe?! lol.