Moose Head *porbably the cleanest, most crisp beer I have ever tasted*

And the 'Buck a Beer' Lakeport: 24 beers for 24 bucks
    Who is John Galt?

www.octopuspie.com
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    foster lager, Negra Modelo, molson..GO CANADA ! :woot:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Bump for lazy niggas who refuse to use the search function.
  • DarthTreyDarthTrey Sabaku Taiso!!! Joined: Posts: 924
    Yeah lately I've been diggin the yuengling

http://www.yuengling.com/

Their traditional Lager is some mother fucking goodness I don't know why but it tastes so gooooood.

lol they tell you how they brew it

http://www.yuengling.com/brewed.htm
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • I Am LotharI Am Lothar ಠ_ಠ Joined: Posts: 2,798
    Mack and Jack's African Amber Ale
    Deschutes Obsidian Stout

imo.
    AIM: SubtleDagger256
    When I was in Richmond, VA, I had some crazy Japanese beer that was billed as a Blue Moon substitute. It didn't taste like Blue Moon, but it was still hella good. I wish I could remember what it was.

Edit: I'm not a big fan of most stouts, but the Ale sounds dope.
  • I Am LotharI Am Lothar ಠ_ಠ Joined: Posts: 2,798
    When I was in Richmond, VA, I had some crazy Japanese beer that was billed as a Blue Moon substitute. It didn't taste like Blue Moon, but it was still hella good. I wish I could remember what it was.

Edit: I'm not a big fan of most stouts, but the Ale sounds dope.

The stout is really fucking tasty, much better than Guiness. It pretty much tastes like coffee. Here's a review:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/197

People jizz themselves over it.
    AIM: SubtleDagger256
    I'll pick it up if I can find it. I love me some beer. It's why I have this belly now. :(
  • RomfiniteRomfinite in the dark Joined: Posts: 1,208
    Its all about the OE
  • DropOffDropOff @NharlieCash Joined: Posts: 535
    I still like Stella, I love me some red-stripe and theres a bunch of local brews (Granville Island - Comes in Honey Lager, Maple Brown, pale ale and cream ale)

Alexander Keith's is pretty good too.

Cheap two-four: Miller Genuine Draft. It's not bad, not amazing, easy to drink and it's cheap. Good beer for eating with if you're at a party or something.
    It's fine
  • DarthTreyDarthTrey Sabaku Taiso!!! Joined: Posts: 924
    The stout is really fucking tasty, much better than Guiness. It pretty much tastes like coffee. Here's a review:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/197

People jizz themselves over it.

I'm gonna have to check that out now :(

Being on a diet sucks denying myself so much beery goodness
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • Okazaki IIIOkazaki III PARRY THAT SHIT SON Joined: Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trappiste Rochefort no. 10, my friends:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochefort_Brewery
    Rochefort 10 (blue cap, dark beer, 11.3% ABV). Reddish-brown colour, with a very compact head and an aroma of figs, feels like honey in the mouth. The alcohol profile is a major component in the flavour of this rich ale. It is very similar to 6 and 8, but has much more of everything. Some may find the high alcohol content to be disagreeable.
    The brewery is located inside the Abbey of Notre-Dame de Saint-Rmy, near the town of Rochefort, and has been brewing beer since 1595. There are approximately 15 monks resident at the monastery. The monks are very secretive about the brewing process, and the brewery is not open to the public, therefore much of the information publicly known about the brewery comes from only a few sources.

Like many strong Belgian beers, those produced at Rochefort age well and can be cellared for at least five years whilst maintaining quality. Each of these beers is brewed to the same recipe, with the only difference being the alcoholic content. The water for the beers is drawn from a well located inside the monastery walls.

As with all other trappist breweries, the beer is only sold in order to financially support the monastery and some other good causes. The monks will not increase production based on demand or profit motives, but only enough to support themselves, resulting in a fairly limited supply of beer availability. In practice, there is currently no shortage through regular channels.

Pic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rochefort-beers.jpg

Other than that, Leffe Bruin, Hoegaarden
  • surewhyyoucansurewhyyoucan Quarter Up Joined: Posts: 498
    That obsidian looks great. Just had one of these two days ago....really like it.

Although, real men brew their own ; )

I'm doing a batch up this weekend. Maybe I'll do something SRK inspired.

In the meantime,
    Say what you will
    Smoke your last Cigarette
    Don't know whay I've done, but I feel afraid
  • PhobosPhobos Old Man with a BIG stick Joined: Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How about some Duff Beer:
    :rofl:
    For you the day that M.Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life, but for me it was Tuesday!

" I perfer touch of women on my member ". ryuBESTman

ST: Ken, Ryu, E.Honda, DJ,Bison,T-hawk.
    Mvc: Strider, Cap Umvc3:Tron,Arthur,Viewtiful Joe Frank West,Firebrand,Iron Fist
    STV: Ken, Ryu
    GG:Baiken
    DS: Felicia, Sas,Q-Bee, DS2:Phobos,Sas

My beer pic

So, I collect beer bottles.. I have over a 100 in my basement, from all the different kinds I've tried. Here are only some of them, but I ranked them in order from left to right, the ones on the left being the most tasteful, and the ones on the right being "the worst" ... lol @ the last bottle.

I'm sharing with you cause I want you to try some of the better beers if you are going to be drinking, so you can see for yourself if you like it.. Trying a budweiser or a coors light isn't going to give "beer" justice cause you are basically drinking garbage.

Its like eating a day old mcdonalds cheese burger left out in the sun vs a high quality burger from a restaurant or self made.

Ok so, Its a pretty high res picture, but if you have questions, ie. which one is that in the picture, etc, I will answer.

Of course I can only rank it by my taste, but I've drank over 150 brands and tried different types of beer so my advise may be helpful.

You'll have to scroll along because the picture is huge. If you were going to the liquor store and could only buy a few, I wouldn't recommend the last 20 beers on the right side. They aren't the best tasting (some of them taste like down right crap). Anything to the left of those 20 are eh ok in my book.

ptqswqngfc6972vkqaaj.jpg
  • IrennicusIrennicus Joined: Posts: 1,429
    That obsidian looks great. Just had one of these two days ago....really like it.

Although, real men brew their own ; )

I'm doing a batch up this weekend. Maybe I'll do something SRK inspired.

In the meantime,

Haha! My room mates are currently aging a Porter that they made for six months. They just past the half-way mark.
    "I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." - Terry Pratchett
  • RyusukeRyusuke SRK's Official Nigga Inspector Joined: Posts: 920
    That chocolate double stout will get you fucked up, from what I hear. Aint that right, Stuckey?
    And LOL @ the Smirnoff Ice at the end of your beer line. La Fin Du Monde is awesome and Boddington's is great too. I like a lot of the beers you have up there, but I'm not a fan of the Double Choc Stout or the Bombadier :(. You should try out Hop Devil if you'll drink Hop Head.
    "I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." - Terry Pratchett
    I don't know if you can get this outside of Wisconsin but anything made by the New Glarus Brewing Company is top notch stuff. Spotted Cow's really popular but Fat Squirrels probably the best I think they have.

Wisconsin kicks ass for beer.. I went to New York and almost shat myself when I saw Sierra Nevada and Newcastle being $11 for a 6 pack. That's almost double the price then it is in Wisconsin
    I don't know if you can get this outside of Wisconsin but anything made by the New Glarus Brewing Company is top notch stuff. Spotted Cow's really popular but Fat Squirrels probably the best I think they have.

Wisconsin kicks ass for beer.. I went to New York and almost shat myself when I saw Sierra Nevada and Newcastle being $11 for a 6 pack. That's almost double the price then it is in Wisconsin

$11 a 6 for those two?! Really?! That's disgusting, Austin sees Sierra Nevade at like $6.99 a 6 and Newcastle probably for $6/6. Gross.
  • C_2C_2 Joined: Posts: 93
    anyone tried Hoegaarden? it's 1 of the best beer i've had. too bad i have yet to be able to find it here in the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoegaarden_Brewery
    anyone tried Hoegaarden? it's 1 of the best beer i've had. too bad i have yet to be able to find it here in the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoegaarden_Brewery

The bar I work at just stopped serving it on draft. However, I can still find it at most grocery stores. I agree, it's a very good beer.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    For anyone in ny I highly recommend checking out the brooklyn brewery they've got a great selection.

Sam adams anything especially pale ale, black lager, or boston lager is toptier for sure:tup:
    asahi super dry
    heineken
    tiger beer

toohey's extra dry
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    6 dollars for a 6 pack of newcastle? We get fucked in Canada, we pay 11+ tax.

La Fin Du Monde is a good beer. That company in montreal who makes it, has beer which really tastes unique. Most of their beers are 7-9%. DON DE DIEU, MAUDITE, CHAMBLY NOIRE and TROIS PISTOLES all taste good. BLANCHE DE CHAMBLY, I really can't drink it and think it tastes bad. I don't like light light beer or white beer.

I have tried Hoegaarden within the last year and I only tried 1 (you got a bottle and a Hoegaarden glass mug for $6. I thought it was alright (average). I'd drink it, but I wouldn't be rushing to go get it because there are a lot of other beers which are comparable which I think taste better. We all have different tastes I guess. I gotta try it more than once though so I'll get back to you on that one.

I'm a big fan of double chocolate stout.

You can't get Hop Devil where I live but I'll be on the lookout for it.

New Glarus Brewing- never heard of them before but that's because they only distribute in Wisconsin according to their site :(

What do you guys think is the worst commercially available/known beer? I'd say Coors light. I seriously think it tastes like piss and had to huck it when I tried some.

Has anyone tried the beer "XO" .. I believe it was from france.. have to go look on the bottle. Anyway, its the 2nd to last beer on my picture there. Its cognac & beer mixed. Fuck, I had to poor it out it tasted so bad.
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm pretty into stella artrois at the moment.

Word. Best beer eva.

Shiner Bock, Heineken, Ziegenbock. In that order.

I had my first winter ale last yea and I'm looking forward to more this year. I found out that Shiner makes a winter brew. :tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
    Word. Best beer eva.

Shiner Bock, Heineken, Ziegenbock. In that order.

I had my first winter ale last yea and I'm looking forward to more this year. I found out that Shiner makes a winter brew. :tup:

New Belgium's 2 Below is a really good winter ale. Although, New Belgium is kind of getting old for me, I've had too many Fat Tires. I guess you're from Texas talking about Zeigenbock and Shiner, I really like Shiner Heffeweizen when I don't want to drink piss but I don't want to spend a lot on a beer.
    What do you guys think is the worst commercially available/known beer? I'd say Coors light. I seriously think it tastes like piss and had to huck it when I tried some.

Has anyone tried the beer "XO" .. I believe it was from france.. have to go look on the bottle. Anyway, its the 2nd to last beer on my picture there. Its cognac & beer mixed. Fuck, I had to poor it out it tasted so bad.

XO, my dad drank a couple of those back in the day. I think I tasted a sip once and cried a little. It felt like my taste buds were being raped.

As far as commercially available? I've gotta go with Pabst Blue Ribbon. That is one nasty fucking beer right there. Although, now that I think about it, so is Foster's. WHICH IS A CANADIAN BEER, NOT AN AUSTRALIAN ONE
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yep. I'm from TX.
    My sister just brought me back something from Germany, but I don't know what it is yet.

Reading the thread... I drink Michelob Ultra. Nice light beer. Women seem to like it.
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • platinum_pinoyplatinum_pinoy Registered Nurse Joined: Posts: 1,408
    Chimay is good beer.
    You're crazy. Sep's a hella hater. That nigga buys calendars just to rip out February 14th. He won't even masturbate because they call it self-love. -Adam Warlock, Jan 16th, 2009
  • RomfiniteRomfinite in the dark Joined: Posts: 1,208
    Old English
  • Rod DriguezRod Driguez gg no t-bag Joined: Posts: 570
    My standard higher-end beers that are easily accessible to me are Heineken, Red Stripe and Foster's. I think Heineken Light is well done.

I found Stella to be overrated IMO. For awhile people were raving about Amstel Light, I thought it was a bit overrated as well (not as bad as Stella, though). Decent beers, just not worth that extra import price to me.

Sam Adams is okay I guess.

I'm pretty flexible, it's probably better for me to say what I don't like. I don't really dig Yuengling. I'll pass on Guinness too - I like my beer lighter rather than darker in general.

I'll have to try Fat Tire one day soon.
    PSN Gamertag: Juggrknott
  • KayinNasakiKayinNasaki HF Lariet? Pfft! Joined: Posts: 323
    Man, I love me some Spatan Optimator. Ive had better beers -- and better dopplebocks, but its that nice combination of cheap and available while still being quality. I had Augustonator once which was hella awesome but sadly they don't sell it anywhere.

One time I got my dad a local Imperial Stout (Fat Dog) and some Hoegaarden and he made a "Black and tan" (more like black and blond but whatever) that tasted awesome. Sacraligious, but awesome.

Blahblahblah anything by Stone, blahblah Unibrew makes awesomeweird stuff,blahblah.

Oh yeah. A friend of mine got Skullsplitter one time (as we are nerds and easily coerced by vikings) -- it wasn't at all what I expected! It was highly drinkable for a high ABV beer! I was very impressed by that. Tasty and smooth. I was more expecting a hops bomb... Not that I don't like that either. I dig me some IPAs. I had one (billed as an 'Imperial IPA', which is a bit silly!) called the hoppopotimus. God I loved it. I wish they still made it. ;_;

I'm glad to finally see a beer thread on a forum that doesn't suck.
    Sounds like a load of HURFDURF!
    Chimay is good beer.
    Ohh man if you like Chimay you have to try the Rochefort I mentioned before.

Hey that guy who collects beer bottles from all over: you want me to send you a few?

I have some in the closet, just waiting to throw them out:

Tiger
    Hoegaarden
    Leffe Blond
    Leffe bruin
    Rochefort 10
    Ohh man if you like Chimay you have to try the Rochefort I mentioned before.

Hey that guy who collects beer bottles from all over: you want me to send you a few?

I have some in the closet, just waiting to throw them out:

Tiger
    Hoegaarden
    Leffe Blond
    Leffe bruin
    Rochefort 10

Hi man, thanks for the offer. Nah, its cool. I only collect bottles of beers I've tried. I've tried hoe & leffe before and have those, just not in the picture.

Question though. Rochefort 10, as in this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rochefort-beers.jpg

If so, how did you get one of those? Aren't they extremely rare? I've heard of some sites that important hard to find beers from overseas and ship em to your address, but they charge an arm & leg, and you have to pay for shipping costs!
    There's a speciality bar around here that only serves Dutch and Belgian beer.

Yeah that's the one, the Rochefort is rare, especially No 10, but No 6 and 8 are easier to get (again in this bar mentioned above).

You can order online from what I've seen but I'm not sure if buying a speciality beer like this over the internet is a good idea.

For all I know it's a replica from China with added lead and sulfur ;-)
  • Rod DriguezRod Driguez gg no t-bag Joined: Posts: 570
    :u: where is your av from? Because it looks like a little girl seriously trying to fan away a fart to me.

Makes me :rofl:
    PSN Gamertag: Juggrknott
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    What are some good dark beers?
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    What are some good dark beers?

*Fuller's London Porter
    *Trois Pistoles = http://www.unibroue.com/products/3pistoles.cfm
    *Traquair Jacobite Ale = http://www.traquair.co.uk/breweryales.html
    *Black Sheep Ale = http://www.blacksheepbrewery.co.uk/Beers/BottledBeers/BlackSheepAle.aspx
    *Guinness
    *St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout = http://www.mcauslan.com/en/ourbeers/sta_stout.htm
    *Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

These are ones I think you can get if you went to a few big liquor stores.

TIP: Call your local beer brewery and ask if they do tours. I went on one with my buddies. It was $6, 1 hr.. first 25 mins they show you how the beer is made and what goes into it. And the last 40+ mins is drinking all the different types.. usually 6+ samples but the one I went to, they gave us as much as we could drink.. for $6
  • 3b1r4h3b1r4h omgz liek woahhhhhhh Joined: Posts: 499
    i work at my local brewery. HOLLER.

plus i work at a bar with 400 plus beers. R10 is kinda nasty tho, imo. i like other quads much better.
    Don't be scared, just be prepared for the worst. - JMT
    Av by The LUC
    -Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Infinites.-
  • Septimus PrimeSeptimus Prime Grammar Fhrer Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Tried Hoegaarden. It's not bad, but it's not really my favorite. The orange flower or whatever gives it a soy sauce taste that I don't dig, which means that it doesn't beat Michelob Ultra, Tiger Beer, or Bierbitzch as my top beers.
    Beef: It's what's for dinner.
    Beer: It's what's for right fucking now.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice... fuck you.