The Beer Thread

Comments

• Jake Baby.Jake Baby. JakeBabeH . Joined: Posts: 144
    Guinness, Fat Tire and Blue Moon with an orange peel...

DAMN that's some good stuff! and drinking corona's after tequila is good too!
    SoCAL, FFA
  • ScumbaaaaahgScumbaaaaahg Joined: Posts: 442
    Colt 45.
    <alvin81> if like a big crowd gets into a scrap i might just throw a random punch to back of someone's head
  • wezwez Grand Master Kevin Joined: Posts: 555
    Mmm... Rolling Rock. I hate Bud Light. It's just like water.
    Congratulations! You have achieved common sense!
  • EndaeiasEndaeias √evil⋇∞ Joined: Posts: 305
    Guinness: Probably my favourite beer of all time.
    Guinness Extra Stout: It actually tastes like a 'proper' beer (a little stronger than regular Guinness Draught).
    Dark Chocolate Stout: Tastes like crap at first, but once you get used to it - it's alright. (Imagine Guinness, stronger, but with dark chocolate in it.)
    1634 Ale: It's a localized (Maryland-made) beer that tastes fucking AWESOME. There's no way to say it other than that. It's just a little sweet, but not so sweet you think you're drinking a fucking mixed cocktail or something.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    presidente
  • BouncingSoulBouncingSoul Joined: Posts: 352
    Pacifico W/ Lime, Modelo Negro, Budlight and Kirin is all i drink. my main beer of choice though is Pacifico!

to me pacifico is the best mexican beer i have ever tasted.
  • daydrinkerdaydrinker Joined: Posts: 318
    Anyone try the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA? It's up there with Hop Devil for me in terms of amazing IPAs.

I'm a huge fan of Sierra Nevada, haven't tried that beer though, ima look for it this weekend.
    beirut
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Guinness.

That is all. :coffee:
  • BouncingSoulBouncingSoul Joined: Posts: 352
    oh yeah anyone try anchor steam? its not to bad. there was a marine in my unit that was from Nor Cal and he would always be drinking anchor steam.
    had him give me one, it was pretty damn good.
  • rick_derrisrick_derris Registered Bruiser Joined: Posts: 849
    Yeah, although I do like SOME beer, I mostly just drink tequila or Jager.
    I suck at SF4, for I let the combo video maker in me take over when I fight and I do very impractical combos. I can't play serious... Never will. :)
  • ZinacZinac Ocha shinai? Joined: Posts: 810
    My new favorite mixed drink. Kentucky bourbon barrel and double chocolate stout!
  • HardcastleHardcastle Joined: Posts: 331
    Molson Canadien for Hockey games

Rolling Rock for partying

Leine's Honey Weiss for chillin
    E. Honda only.
    Av. by Savaii64
  • QuivitarQuivitar Lame Joined: Posts: 110
    it might be a local thing, but Sea Dog Blue Paw is a blueberry ale that is just great. could be my favorite beer to date (having little experience with much other than cheap booze).
  • Jake Baby.Jake Baby. JakeBabeH . Joined: Posts: 144
    it might be a local thing, but Sea Dog Blue Paw is a blueberry ale that is just great. could be my favorite beer to date (having little experience with much other than cheap booze).

I need to find this :razzy:
    SoCAL, FFA

BJ's has a raspberry beer. I haven't tried it.

Had some Irish car bombs last week. Shit is dope.
  • Tuna Fish RiotTuna Fish Riot Joined: Posts: 1,025
    I just tried Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat and loved it. I read reviews and it seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it beer, but I found it very enjoyable.

The burping-aftertaste is just heaven! :party:

I can't stop sniffing the bottle. The aroma is magnificent.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like Blue Moon and The new Bud Light Golden Wheat.

*nods*

people sleep on that fgolden wheat bcuz it's still "bud light", but that shit is good as hell.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • booty clapperbooty clapper Grrrrrr Joined: Posts: 1,726
    wheat beer is gross. and that shit gives me a major hangover.
    #SNKPlaymore & #Alpha2 on efnet
  • _RedD__RedD_ Joined: Posts: 145
    Bars are disgusting. I hate them, people there get drunk, get into fights, and smoke. I hate them.
    Juggalos don't DIE!! You can kill me right fucking now, and I won't FUCKING DIIIE!! -Shaggs
  • def PDdef PD Just lost the game. Joined: Posts: 256
    My favorite mass-produced beer is Newcastle. I enjoy the Sam seasonals as well.

Whenever I go out I like trying out the local (microbrew) stuff. I'm a fan of IPAs, particularly very, very hoppy tasting stuff.

The best beer I've had though was Weihenstephaner (someone on another board turned me onto them).

Product Description:

A classic, unfiltered wheat beer from the world's oldest operating brewery. The Hefe boasts fruity banana and citrus flavours, which are complemented by creamy yeast flavours, spicy notes, and a smooth malt backbone. Full bodied and very complex, it's undoubtedly one of the best wheat beers in the world. The Weihenstephan ("Sacred Stephen") Brewery is the oldest operating brewery in the world.

In 1040, the Benedictine monastery overlooking the town of Freising, in Germany, was granted the right to brew. It has also been established that the Benedictine monks had already brewed their own beer much earlier than this. Even as early as 768a hops garden was founded in the grounds of the monastery, the harvest of which was certainly brewed in the monastery; which, incidentally, also means that beer made with hops, as we know it today, came into being at Weihenstephan.

The reputation of the Weihenstephan brewers as true masters of their craft has grown in strength over the centuries, and today?s modern commercial brewery ? and the world?s best known University of Brewing ? occupy the former monastery buildings. The Weihenstephan Brewery maintains close links with the University. In the brewery, students from around the world are let into the secrets of the Bavarian art of brewing. Many of the world?s best brewers have been trained here and many breweries draw their yeasts from the famous Weihenstephan yeast library. Weihenstephan combines hundreds of years of brewing experience with the most up to date brewing technology and innovation.

Tasting Notes:

Pours out of the bottle a cloudy golden pale body with a magnificent creamy head. Aromas of light citrus, clove, yeast and fresh wheat. Tastes spicy with a smooth malt background, fruity banana overtones, spicy clove, citrus, and even peach. Wonderfully rich yeast flavours. Full bodied, and very complex in flavour.

*Homer Simpson drool*
    “Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity.”
    - Henry Hartman
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Young's double-chocolate stout, Dogfish Head 60 minute or 90 minute IPAs, and Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout. That's pretty much it unless I'm doing drinking games. Then the Bud Lights come rolling out.

Oh, and since I live a couple of blocks from the Brooklyn Brewery I go there for their Brooklyn Dark Matter. It's a bit of a punch to the face for a stout but it's still pretty good.
    This is offensive.
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    people that are talking about blue moon should try their grand cru
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • TyrsisTyrsis Salty Joined: Posts: 318
    Reviving this thread, as I've been getting in to my local craft beer scene the past couple years.
    Also came back from a three week European trip in September, and had the time of my life. I basically drank my way through five countries.

Anyone else a huge beer nerd?
    There's always money in the banana stand.
    Guinness just got itself a new fan. I didn't like the stuff when I first tried it (3 years ago [when I was new to beer]), but I gave it another shot tonight and fell in love with it. I guess my palette is expanding.

Irish Car Bombs sound really tasty. I want to try one, but I haven't had any chugging experience. :wow: I'm going to make it a goal to achieve such a feat of strength.

Also, I just ordered myself a set of pint glasses. :looney: Happy day.
  • n00sEn00sE =^.^= Joined: Posts: 72
    Pabst Blue Ribbon or Blue Moon!
    <3 Cammy <3 Rose <3 YOU!~
  • IrennicusIrennicus Joined: Posts: 1,429
    Alright so here's what I like

IPA: Siera Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
    Pale: Stone Pale Ale (I also like Bass but it tastes nothing like most pales)
    Brown Ale: Real Ale Brewhouse Brown or Newcastle (I don't like most brown ales)
    Heffeweisen/Wheat beer: Live Oak Heffeweisen (Austin brewed), Paulaner Heffeweisen, and Hoegarden
    Dopplebock: Celebrator Dopplebock
    Lager: Stella Artois
    Porter: Kona Pipeline Porter
    Pilsner: Prima Pilsner
    "I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." - Terry Pratchett
  • Jon MoxonJon Moxon I don want cher life Joined: Posts: 246
    Samuel Smith is good beer. I just picked up St Bernardus abt 12, and christmas ale. I'll check back in.
    There's nothing that can't be done.
  • TyrsisTyrsis Salty Joined: Posts: 318
    Drinking some Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' ale as I do overtime here at work. Good stuff.
    There's always money in the banana stand.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like my Stella Artois or Miller Genuine Draft. MGD being my favourite.

And when i want to get smashed fast i got the holden festbauchs

I prefer liks though to be honest.
    Look at that at 0:48. So sexy! :love:
  • NegroNinjaNegroNinja N-Word Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,620
    Anchor and Sierra Pitchers all night, not the best, but definitely got the job done. Shout out to fake lesbians!
    AKA Hellpockets/Hotpockets/HaxMurderer/Darth Sharpton
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    DAT Hamms!!!

24 pack for $8.99 lol!

:smokin:
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • Rico!Rico! SRK's Chauvinist Joined: Posts: 694
    Guinness is my absolute favorite. Bless the Irish.
    Currently Playing: Bayonetta
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    guiness draught ftw. wtf is that little plastic thing inside the bottle lol??

presidente ftw too.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Jon MoxonJon Moxon I don want cher life Joined: Posts: 246
    Anyone drink four loko? If not, don't do it. That shit will make you rob a bank after one can.
    There's nothing that can't be done.
    Spaten Optimator! Best fucking beer I've had in a while!

Edit:
    Anyone drink four loko? If not, don't do it. That shit will make you rob a bank after one can.

That garbage drink doesn't belong in the beer thread. It's disgusting, don't know why people enjoy it.
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    @SNAAAAKE, did you get that thing I sent you? :P
    I'm interested in trying Four Loko because a lot of black people drink it and it always seems that black people drink and eat the tastiest of things. :rofl:
  • FugeFuge Joined: Posts: 89
    Four Loko's are cheap as hell. Due to the taste, I'd honestly rather down some Robitussin :rolleyes:

On a better note, Oktoberfest.
    nuff teef?
    M'mmm... I tried Guinness Extra Stout today. Much better than Draught, imo... At least in comparison of the bottled versions. I have yet to try Draught on tap. Maybe I'll swing by a bar in a couple of days to check it out.

I need to try out more dark beers. Any recommendations?