The Mario Kart Thread

14567810»

Comments

• kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,058
    GGs Kazama Logging early going out of town tomorrow.

GGs sir. We'll play again soon hopefully. I've got to start playing more, I suck lol. I only finished 1st twice.
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • Damage898Damage898 Overrated Joined: Posts: 491
    GGs sir. We'll play again soon hopefully. I've got to start playing more, I suck lol. I only finished 1st twice.

Yeah just let me know when you want to play again and I will see if I can make it.:tup:
  • Itachimaster666Itachimaster666 Metallica!!\m/ >__> Joined: Posts: 222
    when are ya going to have another race iam interested in racing depending on the time lol XD
    Hinata Is My Wife Shes Mine >.<
    when are ya going to have another race iam interested in racing depending on the time lol XD

Ask Damage...I'm game normally whenever he is since he tends not to stand me up. :rolleyes:
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Ask Damage...I'm game normally whenever he is since he tends not to stand me up. :rolleyes:

so todays a good race O_o
  • El_CorEl_Cor Tiers Are For Queers Joined: Posts: 485
    Rosalina!

Man, I haven't played this game for five months. I really need to get myself a wii.
    Rosalina!

Man, I haven't played this game for five months. I really need to get myself a wii.

wow lol sxD
  • PoretPoret 12 yr old scrub on XBL Joined: Posts: 155
    Funky Kong is top tier.
    XBL: ThatKidPoret
    But Funky sucks.

But Funky sucks.

What? He's the fastest character in the game by far. Would you like to prove that theory of yours maybe in a 1 on 1?
  • AQUA-PURAAQUA-PURA @theasianloner Joined: Posts: 1,634
    You guys on tomorrow?
    I'll try to stay awake... I finally found the disk.
    "DingDangDoom... BITCH MAKE ROOM!" - DDD
    Funky's the fastest, but I despise people using bikes and top tier characters. Either way, I don't really have much respect when people use bikes/top tiers in this game anyways. It's already unbalanced.

I'll test the theory in a 1 vs 1 only if you're racing in a kart.

You guys on tomorrow?
    I'll try to stay awake... I finally found the disk.

I hardly play this game anymore.

I'll get on if we can get an SRK room going. But that involves people actually showing up. You know how you guys do. Talk trash, schedule times, and then never play.

Funky's the fastest, but I despise people using bikes and top tier characters. Either way, I don't really have much respect when people use bikes/top tiers in this game anyways. It's already unbalanced.

I'll test the theory in a 1 vs 1 only if you're racing in a kart.

I actually prefer karts. Funkey + Honeycoupe FTW.

I'll get on if we can get an SRK room going. But that involves people actually showing up. You know how you guys do. Talk trash, schedule times, and then never play.

same here my disk is screwed up
  • AQUA-PURAAQUA-PURA @theasianloner Joined: Posts: 1,634

I can never stay up late enough for you guys, time zones are killing me.:sweat:
    "DingDangDoom... BITCH MAKE ROOM!" - DDD
  • MGFMGF TVC Team Joined: Posts: 494
    I play at random times on random days.

I'm usually Rosalina with Flame Runner, but for now I choose Mario or Peach with the Mach Bike.

So if you see a 'MGF' then try to destroy him.
    My song of the whenever
    Marvel vs Capcom - Captain Commando
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOvJiKdP4g
  • Destruc(t)1veDestruc(t)1ve Just Call Me Fuller Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Dry Bones- Bullet Bike FTW
    - G4AC_FullerSMASH!

For God so loved the world... 
    John 3:16
  • Siberianhusky89Siberianhusky89 Joined: Posts: 118
    This game half pisses me off. I know you can get very much ahead with skills (Mini-boosting, staying close to the turn as possible, doing tricks off of ramps, wheelies, etc...) but it seems like a good portion of the game is based on items a little too much. Example: I was in first place and I forgot what level I was on, however, I was hopping over a gap that I was 100% about to make and was on the last lap very much ahead of everyone. The next thing I know, someone uses the thunder item midjump, I turn small in the sky which wasted time, I fall into the gap because I stop moving since the thunder hit me, I see 7 guys pass me up because of how much time it took for me to get back up and by the time I was ready to go again, they were already at the finish line by the time I fully recovered and I was pretty much screwed. I mean, had it been the second lap, I could have recovered easily, but it was the last lap and we were near the finish line, mid jump (I HAD to make the jump no matter what) and some lucky idiot in the back who didn't even see me from so far away decided to use it at the worst possible time for me.
  • KnapstarKnapstar Joined: Posts: 150
    That basically happens to me so much it gets on my last nerve and more often than not it happens on the last lap when I am in position to get a decent position. Most of the time it happens as I am about to cross the finish line allowing for no recovery time at all. The only time it doesn't happen is on Rainbow Road when most of the annoying people are so far behind me that most of those items are useless except for shrinking lightning bolts and blue shells. I haven't played much as of late but when I do the same late hitting items always nailing me get on my last nerve towards the end of just about every race.
    VF5- Pai,Vanessa, Lion
    SFxT- Chun/ Julia (main) Juri, Asuka, Jin (potential subs)
    SF4- Chun Li, No real subs yet
  • Cynk22Cynk22 Speak out. Joined: Posts: 411
    4124 5568 6793

I'm always up for some games.
    Torn Apart: "Buttons, technology of the future!"
    DAMN!

Double post nonsense, they need to fix that.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to do some private room SRK games.

^^I'm up for it.
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    been gone for a minute but i bought another wii and will be getting this game again.. who ready to get smashed by daisy? =)
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • K4everK4ever KOF XIII online = Dissapointment :( Joined: Posts: 509
    been gone for a minute but i bought another wii and will be getting this game again.. who ready to get smashed by daisy? =)

Wow someone revived this thread.
    Im already retired but I guess I can come back for a few games and lesson you a thing or two in mkwii.
    Funky Fukyn Kong / Flame Runner FTW!
  • brucelee-kidbrucelee-kid Joined: Posts: 106
    i think mario kart is nothing but luck game. skill plays only a little part in mk, but if u want to win in mario kart, then u must have a good luck pendant to win.
  • K4everK4ever KOF XIII online = Dissapointment :( Joined: Posts: 509
    i think mario kart is nothing but luck game. skill plays only a little part in mk, but if u want to win in mario kart, then u must have a good luck pendant to win.

Thats why I retired only after 2 months of hardcore play. Even though skilled players win most of the time, there are times when you just get raped by not having luck in your favor, and noobs ( scrubs ) can beat you.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    Haven't played it yet, but aside from being extremely cute, what advantages does Baby Daisy have over the rest of the cast?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    Haven't played it yet, but aside from being extremely cute, what advantages does Baby Daisy have over the rest of the cast?

None. I think characters really pose no advantage in this game, it's really about the vehicle you pick. Heck, I use Dry Bowser in the Aero Glider.

So, who's down to play sometime soon? I haven't played this game in ages.........

• Damage898Damage898 Overrated Joined: Posts: 491
    Wheres all the badasses at?

Cant let these kids run shit online.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    nah characters have their own special advantages hence daisy and fk raping the time trials like they did before the glitches
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    Thats why I retired only after 2 months of hardcore play. Even though skilled players win most of the time, there are times when you just get raped by not having luck in your favor, and noobs ( scrubs ) can beat you.

Time Trials.

http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Join us when you're ready.
    nah characters have their own special advantages hence daisy and fk raping the time trials like they did before the glitches

Glitches ? What glitches?

4 tracks are glitched. BC, WGM, MG, and GV.

He may be talking about hackers though.
    4 tracks are glitched. BC, WGM, MG, and GV.

He may be talking about hackers though.

Glitched in what way though?

Man, glitchers and hackers. The reason why I don't play wii much these days..

They have shortcuts that are considered glitches because they either lap skip, lakitu trick, or go through walls.

Here is my 9th NA Regional using WGM glitch:

BC Former WR: (Glitch at :40)

GV Former WR:

MG Former WR:
  • -BEES--BEES- Joined: Posts: 14
    None. I think characters really pose no advantage in this game, it's really about the vehicle you pick. Heck, I use Dry Bowser in the Aero Glider.

So, who's down to play sometime soon? I haven't played this game in ages.........

1) Characters do matter.

2) Dry Bowser is a good character. That may be why you hadn't noticed.
  • thepinochthepinoch DJpinoch (cuz im a dj) Joined: Posts: 50
    this game sucks because everyone uses hacks now and days...i know for a fact that if there were no hackers i would be the mario kart king
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 148
    I am waiting for my copy to arrive for the Switch. So I have just been Googling the crap out of it, and came across some horrible information that I would like people here to confirm or disprove.

I read fire and daemon hoping are out. Why on earth would Nintendo do that. I like that they have added the auto steer and auto acceleration for b beginners, but taking out two of the few things that made it competitive seems awfully silly.

I do know that they have fixed the tier system. Stoked about that. In the Wii U version if you had 1, 1.25, 1.50 or even 1.75 in a stat like acceleration for instance, they all accelerated at the same speed. Now each increment is making a difference.

I will say that luck had very little out come on the race. Especially when playing with high level players. Item pick ups are random of course. But if you know what position a certain item appears the most, you can hang there a bit until you get the drop you want. So you cut out a ton of drops you aren't after. Which means the pick ups you want are more frequent. Which means the level of luck affecting the game is decreased.
14567810»