The Mario Kart Thread

Comments

• KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    I got the game and I think the wii-mote only controls are spot on (I played a LOT of excite truck, so making subtle movements is not new to me). Battle mode is shit, and the selection of classic tracks is mostly shit (why cant we just have ALL the classic track!? OR A TRACK EDITOR?!), but the online racing is VERY good.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Whatup srk dudes.
    I was a huge fan of mariokart on the snes. BUT then then screwed up the next few games with this computer assistance. Does it not annoy you guys that being good is punished in these games? Anyways, I heard that the cpu rubber bands bigtime in 150cc and of course you get hit with 1000 items in the last lap.

My question is, does this happen online as well? Surely they have finally included some option to turn off computer assistance, at least in multiplayer.
  • mashermasher Chun's booty itches Joined: Posts: 348
    i used the wavebird controls and they rocked i dont know about the wiimote or the wiiwheel controls. seems like a good game but i dunno if i would buy it.
    Oct 17 2007 mark yo calender
    SF4 is coming!!!

http://www.360elite4free.com/index.php?ref=4173787
    paying $15 for your referral
    I'm a huge fan of the kart series as well, MKDD was the best IMO so I'm disapointed with the recent Wii tittle.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    Got it a few days ago.
    Baby Daisy and Baby Peach are win.
    King Boo seems really good too.

Right now I'm trying to unlock Funky Kong.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    Got it a few days ago.
    Baby Daisy and Baby Peach are win.
    King Boo seems really good too.

Right now I'm trying to unlock Funky Kong.

Funky Kong is too good

put him on a bike, and your opponents are done.
    Not too shabby.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    unlocked Funky Kong and Baby Daisy just now.

I found my two mains. <3
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
    Can someone answer my question? Does the cpu cheat for the losers in online multiplayer? (rubber banding, great items constantly)
  • final_cutfinal_cut All day long Joined: Posts: 2,084
    Well, typically if you are in last place, you get better items than you would if you were in first. So yeah, people in last get helped out with the items they get. Its like that for every mode, too.
    RIP Ol' Dirty
  • Okazaki IIIOkazaki III PARRY THAT SHIT SON Joined: Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man the online makes me angry! The offline as well actually.

Blue shields and lighting WTF

also lol at the money matches. Are you fucking stupid? The game hella random

Edit: in that case I'll money match anyone for $5000. You game? Paypal me the money first though and I pay you back double if you win.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,882
    Man the online makes me angry! The offline as well actually.

Blue shields and lighting and POW Blocks.

Fixed.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    nah mang. POW blocks you can trick out of, and lose no speed. that hot potato cloud is the biggest bullshit imo
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
    ^ POW Blocks are gay when you're drifting and there is NO wall or anything to stop you from falling off course...

...Don't even get me STARTED on how gay the AIDS cloud is.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,920
    ok everyone who wants to get ghosted by Toad add me

4432-7012-2564
    God's favorite ©

• Divine TenkenDivine Tenken Jedi Mind Tricks Joined: Posts: 282
    Sup guys am lookin for some feedback on this question.
    If you only had three weapons in race mode too use what are they and why?
    Thanks peeps peace.
    The Co Founder Member of the Life After Scrub Organization.
    The Founder Member of the Southern Syndicate.
    One half of Team Step Up.
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,347
    whats the tiers? :confused:
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • Divine TenkenDivine Tenken Jedi Mind Tricks Joined: Posts: 282

Good question I just posted that on my thread so some feedback would be great also if you post your FC here I will add them to the list on my thread or just post on my thread whatever is easyer for you peace.
    The Co Founder Member of the Life After Scrub Organization.
    The Founder Member of the Southern Syndicate.
    One half of Team Step Up.

For what? Karts? Bikes? The characters are too damn similiar to actually "group" IMO
    Boobologist Ph.D
    OMG add me people 0688 6127 9587
  • Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    Epidemic check your code, it says it's wrong.
    I'll add the fixed code and amandainnswooo as soon as I play again.
    I could never join brooklyn's room yesterday, why was that?
    To clear things up, my Mii is named NOA(star)WHO?.
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
    o...................k..umm 3 reds,stars,bill...

added ep and amanda....ep ya toad cant see b.mario

what is your code?
  • ShintoShinto Mr. Solo Dolo Joined: Posts: 1,586
    what is your code?

I'll add you when I get on my wii. k?
    East Coast.
    Nyc_Shinto = Psn
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,625
    the characters for the most part are similar but some increase useful traits. like funky kong increases speed by a fuckton. daisy increases boost speeds i think.

i am currently trying to beat the world record on snes mario curcuit 3. its 1:19:xx. it was set by daisy on a mach bike. does anybody know if there is a faster character than that? the fastest i can go with daisy on a mach bike is 2:01:xx. and my fast lap with 1 shroom is still set with a bullet bike with baby daisy. does anybody know if its possible to use a small bike to set the record?
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,074
    Epidemic check your code, it says it's wrong.
    I'll add the fixed code and amandainnswooo as soon as I play again.
    I could never join brooklyn's room yesterday, why was that?
    To clear things up, my Mii is named NOA(star)WHO?.

dude youre a fuckin beast:pray:
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    What defines your tiers as far as stages? Less Randomness? Fairness? I mean, cuz my favs are the Daisy Circuit and the SNES level with the colored blocks.

Also, could someone explain to me the best time to wheelie? I haven't really noticed any speed increase that I could measure, I usually do it like this (with the mach bike/peach):
    Speed boost from the start, then pop into wheelie position, pop into the slide position for the turn, speed boost, start the wheelie when the boost ends, repeat. If someone is about to bump me, I tap the slide button. Is that the best way to handle the wheelie technique?
    RIP Ol' Dirty
    are you talking about mario circuit 3? if so you want to pop a wheelie anytime you are going straight. and always right after you get your speed boost out of a turn.

thats not the world record. but it is THE fastest funky kong can go on that bike.

heres the world record.
    The Shooting Star would be an awesome bike if it's handling was'nt ass backwards...The Sneekster is okay...I guess
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,661
    Im all about the Dolphin Dasher right now.
    Dolphin Dasher= BEST MEDIUM BIKE EVAR

Fuck I spent the entire afternoon getting my points back up to 8,000 after getting fucked over by items...
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    Dolphin Dasher= BEST MEDIUM BIKE EVAR

Fuck I spent the entire afternoon getting my points back up to 8,000 after getting fucked over by items...

fuck that bike... ill stick to the mach bike
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
    ^ Enjoy your massive slowdown on offroad XP

Heavy characters fare better in karts IMO
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,661
    Im stuck in the low 7000s. I've decided to stay offline until I can get a star or two but that just made me lose interest :rofl:
  • platinum_pinoyplatinum_pinoy Registered Nurse Joined: Posts: 1,408
    the characters for the most part are similar but some increase useful traits. like funky kong increases speed by a fuckton. daisy increases boost speeds i think.

i am currently trying to beat the world record on snes mario curcuit 3. its 1:19:xx. it was set by daisy on a mach bike. does anybody know if there is a faster character than that? the fastest i can go with daisy on a mach bike is 2:01:xx. and my fast lap with 1 shroom is still set with a bullet bike with baby daisy. does anybody know if its possible to use a small bike to set the record?

You know, you can watch the ghost when on the Mario Kart Channel, right?
    You're crazy. Sep's a hella hater. That nigga buys calendars just to rip out February 14th. He won't even masturbate because they call it self-love. -Adam Warlock, Jan 16th, 2009
    Im stuck in the low 7000s. I've decided to stay offline until I can get a star or two but that just made me lose interest :rofl:

Having a star doesn't really help you all that much
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • ReXXXSopranoReXXXSoprano Triple Da G.O.D! Joined: Posts: 1,509
    0774 4637 5515

Figured I'd repost in the other thread so there's no excuse for getting comp from my SRK peeps. And it seems that everybody here is straight hot in DA KART. So add me, I'll add you up. You know how it goes.
  • W3sW3s q=o) Joined: Posts: 1,168
    TIERS:
    http://ark42.com/mariokart/Mario%20Kart%20Wii.png

Summary:
    Funky Kong on Bowser Bike or Daisy on Mach Bike are top. Basically Funky on Bowser has higher speed but Daisy has better mini turbo. So a course with more turns favors daisy, while more straight away favor Funky. Baby Daisy on Bullet is 3rd after them. Some people will say Funky on Spear is top. With this combo, it has the highest speed in the game. However, this combo is only good on like 5 courses in the game. The spear has terrible turning.

Karts are useless.

Stats with off-road are useless too.

Some people will bash Funky and Daisy combos because of their bad accelerations. Here's a tip if you don't know by now. You can hold down A+B for a 'standstill' miniturbo. Example, I got daisy on mach, I get hit by a blue shell, so I hold down A+B till I get the blue flash and boom I recover better than just holding down the gas.
    Hi, my name is Michael Jordan.
    My friend code is:

4854 6930 8798

Just let me know if you add me, I'll add you back.
    RIP Ol' Dirty
    You know, you can watch the ghost when on the Mario Kart Channel, right?

do you think im retarded? my wii isnt hooked up to the internet currently and he asked a question i could only answer by watching the video.

hey what do you think for baby daisy on a bullet bike? she seems to have really good stats also.
  • Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    I add everyone's code that appears in these threads. So you are added final_cut.
    And off-road isn't total garbage.
    I can consistently win with the Toadette/Magicruiser combo by using shortcuts and cutting corners without needing mushrooms.
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
  • W3sW3s q=o) Joined: Posts: 1,168
    I can consistently win with the Toadette/Magicruiser combo by using shortcuts and cutting corners without needing mushrooms.

Yeah, I dare you to go to worldwide rooms where avg players are 8000VR with that garbage.

Thats cool you can win against random trash, but tiers are tiers and if you check all the top time trials look who is used.

Baby Daisy on bullet is good.
    Hi, my name is Michael Jordan.