The Mario Kart Thread

Comments

• Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,862
    How the hell do you regain your speed SUPER fast after getting nailed by a POW Block?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • W3sW3s q=o) Joined: Posts: 1,168
    How the hell do you regain your speed SUPER fast after getting nailed by a POW Block?

You can trick out of the Pow block, when you see/hear the second pow sound, just mash the trick button.
    Hi, my name is Michael Jordan.
    I know you can trick outta it but I've seen people get hit by one and then continue speeding along like NOTHING happened....
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • final_cutfinal_cut All day long Joined: Posts: 2,084
    Maybe like with the A+B boost? I haven't tried it yet but I heard that if you press that when you get hit, you get a boost. (oh, wait, that was just above my last post)
    RIP Ol' Dirty
    I know you can trick outta it but I've seen people get hit by one and then continue speeding along like NOTHING happened....

Yeah when you trick out of it you maintain your speed, I dunno what you saw prolly a high acceleration vehicle or some lag. It is not the A+B boost because just like I said you maintain your speed when you trick out of it.
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546

when you tech all you do is lose any items you had.. your speed doesnt drop
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    Yeah, I dare you to go to worldwide rooms where avg players are 8000VR with that garbage.

Thats cool you can win against random trash, but tiers are tiers and if you check all the top time trials look who is used.
    Been there and done that. They usually quit when they start losing points.
    And time trials do not equal Wi-Fi races. Time trials use short-cuts and flat out bugs that are often impossible to use on Wi-Fi races (Grumble Volcano comes to mind). Plus the randomness of items and other players makes a big difference.
    I was on the dev staff, I know my stuff.
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
    And time trials do not equal Wi-Fi races. Time trials use short-cuts and flat out bugs that are often impossible to use on Wi-Fi races (Grumble Volcano comes to mind). Plus the randomness of items and other players makes a big difference.
    I was on the dev staff, I know my stuff.

Wow, great example, one map with a bug. Yes I seen all the time trial crazy shortcuts, but still look at the one's that do not have crazy shortcuts. You still see Funky/Daisy. Items randomness applies to everyone in the game, so that element is canceled out. Items don't directly affect just top tiers, I dunno what you are thinking. Other players make a big difference? This sounds like "Tiers do not exist, only the player skills matter". That's GAMEFAQS talk.

I assure everyone in this thread that Funky with Bowser Bike and Daisy on Mach are the top two in this game.
    Wow, great example, one map with a bug. Yes I seen all the time trial crazy shortcuts, but still look at the one's that do not have crazy shortcuts. You still see Funky/Daisy. Items randomness applies to everyone in the game, so that element is canceled out. Items don't directly affect just top tiers, I dunno what you are thinking. Other players make a big difference? This sounds like "Tiers do not exist, only the player skills matter". That's GAMEFAQS talk.

I assure everyone in this thread that Funky with Bowser Bike and Daisy on Mach are the top two in this game.

meh.. fuck the both of em.. yoshi ftw!
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Yoshi sucks tho =[ But I still use him[/fanboy]
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Yoshi sucks tho =[ But I still use him[/fanboy]

say what???!?!? my yoshi rapes nigga.. you of all people should know lol
    ^ Huh? What?

Looking at that chart it seems only a few characters only get some kind of boost in stats.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,625
    i used the shortcut on GV in a race before. it wasnt online but there was 4 people playing and they all were mad at me :rofl:

also w3s would you say baby daisy on bb is third?
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
    Yes not all characters have stat boosts

And yes baby daisy on bullet bike is 3rd
    That A+B thingy is pretty damn useful. Unless you're on a hill =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • mashermasher Chun's booty itches Joined: Posts: 348

more of a stat chart then a tier chart.
    Oct 17 2007 mark yo calender
    SF4 is coming!!!

http://www.360elite4free.com/index.php?ref=4173787
    paying $15 for your referral
    more of a stat chart then a tier chart.

And you can't infer from obvious stats what the tiers are? I gave a summary right under it too:wtf:

Nintendo is deleting Time Trial records that use the GV shortcut in the very beginning, but they never deleted the record with the shortcut mid way through the level. Thoughts?
    So going by that chart, uterly useless characters are.

-Mario
    -Luigi
    -Yoshi =[
    -Bowser jr.
    -Baby Peach
    -Bowser =[
    -Rosalina =[
    -Donkey Kong

When I mean useless I mean that thier higest boosted stats are uesless things like "Weight" or something or they have low numbers going for them.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    I say random items kinda screw over tier charts also.

P.S baby peach on b.bike pwnz
    SF4 is coming!!!

I say random items kinda screw over tier charts also.

P.S baby peach on b.bike pwnz

Random items screw over everyone, how hard is it to understand?!
  • Divine TenkenDivine Tenken Jedi Mind Tricks Joined: Posts: 282
    Sup peeps I beat out afew blue shells today but it was with mushrooms is there a way to do it without a item? Also as far bikes go I've been messing with the flame Runner for about an hour and THIS SHIT IS FIRE SON (no pun) easy top 5 of bikes and wario chopper is up there in the top 5 also.
    The Co Founder Member of the Life After Scrub Organization.
    The Founder Member of the Southern Syndicate.
    One half of Team Step Up.
    Sup peeps I beat out afew blue shells today but it was with mushrooms is there a way to do it without a item?

The ONLY way to avoid Spiny Shells is with a timley mushroom boost you can't mini-turbo away like before.

I find it hard to belive that none of the karts drift inwards...Flame Flyer anyone?
    Boobologist Ph.D
    man i need a challenge... where the hell is all the srk peeps at? so far shadow ace the only one i played...
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    man i need a challenge... where the hell is all the srk peeps at? so far shadow ace the only one i played...

still pwning as usual....stepped my game way up..ill be on the weekends at night...get on then if yall can..
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
    So going by that chart, uterly useless characters are.

-Mario
    -Luigi
    -Yoshi =[
    -Bowser jr.
    -Baby Peach
    -Bowser =[
    -Rosalina =[
    -Donkey Kong

When I mean useless I mean that thier higest boosted stats are uesless things like "Weight" or something or they have low numbers going for them.

2 bad rosalina set a wr like a month ago. but all those characters are good in regular play.
    ^ Actually Rosalina gets a useful ass stat boost in handling. I'll edit my list ina bit
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Editted list

-Toadette
    -Mario
    -Luigi
    -Yoshi =[
    -Bowser =[
    -Donkey Kong
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069

you been on my list i been waitin to play you.

what shortcut glitch at the start of gv?
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    damnit shadow ace you ran me off of rainbow road :annoy: i couldnt catch back up
    I'm starting to think Funky is S Class I mean EVERY WR is him X_X oh yeah and I found out how people "trick" outta POW blocks with no speed loss. RIGHT before the POW block explodes do a 360 motion on your D-pad and you should see a mini blue twister-like object appear under you if you did it right. You will lose almost NO(or not lose any) speed but you'll lose your items still.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    it just does a air trick when u get hit. easy to do =\ there is like a .5 sec time frame.
    I'm starting to think Funky is S Class .

Didnt I say this 20 posts ago?

Another tip IF you don't know, dodging redshells, works on straightways, if you hear/see a redshell coming turn sharply toward the edge/wall/track border. The red shell for some reason will try to beat you to the spot, and crash into the wall. Of course best attempted if you do not have an item out to protect you.
    Random items screw over everyone, how hard is it to understand?!

Low tiers characters will be in the back of the race getting the purple shell and other good items while top tier characters in the front get all the shitty items,how hard is it to understand?
    SF4 is coming!!!

Low tiers characters will be in the back of the race getting the purple shell and other good items while top tier characters in the front get all the shitty items,how hard is it to understand?

damn.. if yoshi is low tier, then im pretty fucking beastly :rock:

You are saying the low tiers would never move up with good items? Item rape hurts everyone in the game, especially if you are in a pack. If you can pull away in 1st place and get a real wide gap, then it doesn't matter unless you get hit lik 5 times in a row. Im saying items have no effect on tiers because they mess up everyone in the game.
    good shit shadow ace.. you getting better homie.... ima start playing serious with you for now on lol
    when is everyone on? ill be on after i finish eating
  • mastermindmastermind BACON STRIPS Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm starting to think Funky is S Class I mean EVERY WR is him X_X oh yeah and I found out how people "trick" outta POW blocks with no speed loss. RIGHT before the POW block explodes do a 360 motion on your D-pad and you should see a mini blue twister-like object appear under you if you did it right. You will lose almost NO(or not lose any) speed but you'll lose your items still.

Or if you're on Wiimote/'chuk, just wiggle the Wiimote like you would do a trick off a jump. You'll spin out and lose your item, but you won't lose your speed.
    -mastermind. NEXT TIME, WE EAT FIGHT STICKS.

SF2 code: t+ c(+) T-@+ r f(++) g@+ m? s->++ v+ M- n--:-- o+
    i need to get my wii back on the internet so we can race; and to take my 1:19 on MC3 ghost online. its not a world record but its third i think.
  • mastermindmastermind BACON STRIPS Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm horrible at trying to beat these Fast Staff ghosts. Been even trying to emulate them turn by turn, wheelie by wheelie, drift by drift. Should I switch from using Koopa/Bullet Bike?
    -mastermind. NEXT TIME, WE EAT FIGHT STICKS.

SF2 code: t+ c(+) T-@+ r f(++) g@+ m? s->++ v+ M- n--:-- o+