The Mario Kart Thread

Comments

• DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,625
    bullet bike is hard to drive. just use the mach bike with daisy.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    bullet bikes not hard its real good for cutting corners and drifting.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • mashermasher Chun's booty itches Joined: Posts: 348
    You are saying the low tiers would never move up with good items? Item rape hurts everyone in the game, especially if you are in a pack. If you can pull away in 1st place and get a real wide gap, then it doesn't matter unless you get hit lik 5 times in a row. Im saying items have no effect on tiers because they mess up everyone in the game.

Are you blind? When did I say that? Items would help out the lower placed drivers,yeah you might get out in 1 place by yourself but you might get smacked with red a purple shells too and back to 12th you go.
    Oct 17 2007 mark yo calender
    SF4 is coming!!!

http://www.360elite4free.com/index.php?ref=4173787
    paying $15 for your referral
  • W3sW3s q=o) Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Items would help out the lower placed drivers,yeah you might get out in 1 place by yourself but you might get smacked with red a purple shells too and back to 12th you go.

This is what I have been saying, and I am the blind one?

Anyone here use automatic?
    Hi, my name is Michael Jordan.
  • mastermindmastermind BACON STRIPS Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm about to go back to automatic to wean myself off of trying to drift every turn just so I can unlock these expert ghosts.
    -mastermind. NEXT TIME, WE EAT FIGHT STICKS.

SF2 code: t+ c(+) T-@+ r f(++) g@+ m? s->++ v+ M- n--:-- o+
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,862
    Whats the point of automatic? You can't mini-turbo.

Retards Online with karts > Me

I'm also now officially over 9,000 in ranks. I've seen a three star GIRL(Using Diasy) that got up to 9999 which as far as the ranaking goes.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Automatic is inferior to Manual. The only pro I see with automatic is that you can partition your drift faster than in manual. But no mini turbo, and no turning while wheeling is no good.
  • Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    Why are half the friend codes I registered from here still question marks? Including frequent posters in this thread. I'd like to play you people.
    Currently: Shinblonde 4253-3872-0435
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,625
    bullet bike is hard to drive. once u start drifting it turns sharply. which is extremely hard to drive if u arnt used to it. try giving a first time user the bullet bike in manual and see how mad they get.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • ShingoKickShingoKick ▌♣▐ KLB Joined: Posts: 170
    While playing online have you guys ever finished 2nd or 3rd in a race but for some reason it came up as 3rd or 4th when the player list popped up? It's rare but I've had it happen to me three times so far.
    It's the game masking lag. While you play, the game predicts where players will be and corrects it whenever data is received. The results are determined by a compiled list of actual race times taken from each player. They look like they finished behind you, but the actual time it took them to finish is lower than yours.

so innovate or DIE!
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    bullet bike is hard to drive. once u start drifting it turns sharply. which is extremely hard to drive if u arnt used to it. try giving a first time user the bullet bike in manual and see how mad they get.

i guess im excluded from this comment then ive been on bullet bike since day one.

SSS already got it before i could so i second his quote. but shin ive played you once a while ago now but you beasted me, probably from all the time trial practices, ive been workin on my time trials against the worlds ghost just tryin to keep up so i can start getting the hang of tracks better. so far its ok just gotta keep goin for those better times now.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • Okazaki IIIOkazaki III PARRY THAT SHIT SON Joined: Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I used to play Mario + Mach Bike. Recently my wife started playing this, and plays Peach on the Mach Bike. Maybe I'm just imagining this, but whenever she's in second place the chances of getting a mushroom are much higher than when you play with any other character.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just a red herring?
    If you're in first you most likley get Banans and Green Shells with the occasional Fake Item. 2nd Place people get better items(Red Shells Triple Green Shells).
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Yeah that's standard though.

It just seems weird because when she plays with Peach (or when I select Peach) - it seems as if we get the mushroom a lot more often.
    All I'll say is there's a hidden item stat, with the Quacker having the best one.
    I registered you Okazaki III.
    How 'bout some races ArcadeFire and DARKHOKAGE?

so innovate or DIE!
    Stupid fucking busted Wifi cost me like 1,000 points worth today since I kept getting disconected for no goddamn reason and when you get disconected the game registers it as you droping from a race so it's like -300 pts. I had 9,250 going in and now I have 8,256 =[

Goddamit Nintendo
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • XenoKazeXenoKaze Commie Pippen DROOG! Joined: Posts: 69
    That has happened to me so many times.

I'm looking foward to playing with some of yall but i won't get my wii back in over a month (i'm moving)
    my number is 4682- 9080- 8893
    my wii is IrOn_MaN

The hot shit to play is
    Baby Daisy - B bike
    Daisy- Mach
    Funky Kong - spear (this setup kinda sucks when you get into the 150cc and mirror matches because of it's horrible turning radius)
    Dry Bones- magi cruiser (seems to be good but i don't really like this)

as for the comment about the automatic vehicles Funky Kong- Jetsetter on Automatic will beat majority of people online. This works better than Manual for me because it has better turning on Auto and the boosts you would normally get for manual suck anyways.
    R.I.P. Craig Dufour
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    All I'll say is there's a hidden item stat, with the Quacker having the best one.
    I registered you Okazaki III.
    How 'bout some races ArcadeFire and DARKHOKAGE?

yea man for sure... always welcome a challenge.. im on right now if anyone wants to join up

daisy is my new love... yoshi still my homie though lol
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
    ace 50 keep up homie lol... bowser castle 3 is my my best stage... i dont lose on it
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    shinblonde.... i noticed when your losing you disappear from the race and when u come back you have a new character and your rating is still 9999.. how are you doing that? :wtf:
    negro plz...im getting back on later tonight...

Daisy Vs. Funky!!!!! get hype!!!!

added Xeno and Ozaki3

bring it!!! we ready
    ggs shin and ace... finally i gotta challenege wit u shin...... until we play again :karate:
    shinblonde.... i noticed when your losing you disappear from the race and when u come back you have a new character and your rating is still 9999.. how are you doing that? :wtf:
    Wierd:confused:! Something with the server maybe?
    I assume you weren't the one that negative repped me?
    You were definitely fun to play and a great challenge. I look forward to more races!
    Ace, your improvement is awesome! Right up there at the front. Very nice!

so innovate or DIE!
    Wierd:confused:! Something with the server maybe?
    I assume you weren't the one that negative repped me?
    You were definitely fun to play and a great challenge. I look forward to more races!
    Ace, your improvement is awesome! Right up there at the front. Very nice!

no i didnt negative rep you....idk it was just weird.. one minute your rosalina, then the next race you toadette, then peach... i was like wtf!! lol
    Hey give me till friday and I'll add you guys as well, I'm not at home right now.
    I'm starting to think Yoshi+Dolphin Dasher is gewd.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Brutal_MurderBrutal_Murder Joined: Posts: 87
    shinblonde.... i noticed when your losing you disappear from the race and when u come back you have a new character and your rating is still 9999..

This remarkable phenomenon is also known as dropping
    Okay so useless chars are:

-Mario
    -Luigi
    -Donkey Kong
    -Bowser

No bike or kart really gives them a usefull boost of sorts and all thier stat boots are kinda useless as it is. Also dropping for me causes you to loose a good chunk of points =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Brutal_MurderBrutal_Murder Joined: Posts: 87
    dropping for me causes you to loose a good chunk of points =/

Not if you disconnect your modem. Try it. Race as normal and try to stay ahead - for example if you're in the 2nd round, switch your modem off. The game will register it as a "network problem" and give you full points/first place. Then switch your modem back on, and you can log on again to WFC.

If you drop from the game without switching your modem off, then the game registers it as user input, and penalizes you by taking your points away.
    Not if you disconnect your modem. Try it. Play a game and for example if you're in the 2nd round, switch your modem off. The game will register it as a "network problem" and give you full points/first place. Then switch your modem back on, and you can log on again to WFC.

If you drop from the game without switching your modem off, then the game registers it as user input, and penalizes you by taking your points away.

Yes, thats why this game is trash now. Perma 9999VR users galore. Brawl disappoints as well as Mario Kart.
    Yes, thats why this game is trash now. Perma 9999VR users galore. Brawl disappoints as well as Mario Kart.
    I agree...somewhat. We were playing around with this bug when DARKHOKAGE saw my character-switching shenanigans. Sadly, just like the Grumble Volcano and Mushroom Gorge bugs, nothing will be done about this. Although cheaters who suck at the game will never really be playing it, since they have to disconnect every time to keep their points, it's pointless to play online now. There is still time trials, where unless it's Grumble Volcano or Mushroom Gorge, we can still compete in a fair manner.

so innovate or DIE!
    I have yet to see a 9999rank guy so it's no biggie to me. Only one person earned it while I was playing with them then lost it to games later. :rofl:
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Shadow Ace 50 GG's man. It was fun playing. I have to say that was one competitive room man. Rainbow Road 5 times in a row, heh, it's like the F1 Monaco in Kart terms.
  • HydroHydro Rip MJ Joined: Posts: 751
    you killed my DREAMS

I just got the game
    'In GODzales We Trust'
    Josh P - I thought you had to be SMART to turn Stupid
    Hey it's not that bad. It's still a simple fun game with a lot of bullshit - i'd happily play it for the next weeks/months.
  • HydroHydro Rip MJ Joined: Posts: 751
    Hey it's not that bad. It's still a simple fun game with a lot of bullshit - i'd happily play it for the next weeks/months.
    Oh i know it is I have been reading here and there so give me a MONTH then ill be ready to talk SHIt just to get my Feelings hurt:rofl:
    'In GODzales We Trust'
    Josh P - I thought you had to be SMART to turn Stupid
  • .Free..Free. I am the HNIC Joined: Posts: 808
    is it better to play this game with a classic controller or to use th wii wheel? which one gives u a better advantage.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
    *COUGHS*..:rolleyes:

Huh?

Free: Just use the Classic Controller. Wii Wheel is just a gimmick.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • .Free..Free. I am the HNIC Joined: Posts: 808
    damn i wasted some money then...i'll add u once buy a classic controller, i suck on these wii wheels.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE