The Mario Kart Thread

Comments

• Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,862
    ^ Yeah everybody with the Wii Wheel or the lulzy gold variant tends to suck ass online.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • MrArcadePerfectMrArcadePerfect Leo Player! Joined: Posts: 480
    ^ Yeah everybody with the Wii Wheel or the lulzy gold variant tends to suck ass online.
    japanese people are sick on the wheel they win a lot of matches
    Soul Calibur IV - Zasalamel
    Tekken 6 - Leo, King, Law, Lee, Kazuya, Murduk & Migual

STREET FIGHTER 2 will never be the same :(. blame HD SHITMIX
    Japanese people are sick on the wheel they win a lot of matches

And this surprises you?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • MrArcadePerfectMrArcadePerfect Leo Player! Joined: Posts: 480
    And this surprises you?

not really lol
    Soul Calibur IV - Zasalamel
    Tekken 6 - Leo, King, Law, Lee, Kazuya, Murduk & Migual

STREET FIGHTER 2 will never be the same :(. blame HD SHITMIX
  • .Free..Free. I am the HNIC Joined: Posts: 808
    im going to buy a super famicom controller for the wii, cuz i like playing mario kart on old school super nintendo controller.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
    Classic Controller FTW
    Boobologist Ph.D
    im gonna get this controller Attachment not found.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
  • LucretzLucretz Leon Lion would not lie to you .. Joined: Posts: 1,570
    So how laggy is the online for this?

I'm thinking of picking it up, but knowing how shitty in general and also laggy, the online for Brawl is I'm skeptical about picking it up, since online is going to be my only real source of competition. : /
    BP 2008 Grand Champion - M. Bison
    BP 2009 Division Finalist - Metapod

4th/40 in the Anime & Manga Lover's Association SSB Brawl Tournament at the East Midler YMCA and Recreational Center.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    its not laggy at all.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    Online play is silky smooth. Only wierd things I see are people that warp all over the place sometimes during a race....lag?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • vxninevxnine Joined: Posts: 70
    i play with just the wiimote only and its really fun. i didn't know you could use a classic controller so i guess ill try that out now.
  • LucretzLucretz Leon Lion would not lie to you .. Joined: Posts: 1,570
    Alright, well I might go out and pick this up later today then. I need some more Wii games, I'm getting sick of Brawl and golf is pretty gay.
    BP 2008 Grand Champion - M. Bison
    BP 2009 Division Finalist - Metapod

4th/40 in the Anime & Manga Lover's Association SSB Brawl Tournament at the East Midler YMCA and Recreational Center.
  • 3b1r4h3b1r4h omgz liek woahhhhhhh Joined: Posts: 499
    I just moved in with some roomies that played.

i showed them that chart and they thought it was awesome, good job srk!

i went from a dry bones super blooper fan to funky and the bowser bike. life got so much more winninger.
    Don't be scared, just be prepared for the worst. - JMT
    Av by The LUC
    -Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Infinites.-
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    I just moved in with some roomies that played.

i showed them that chart and they thought it was awesome, good job srk!

i went from a dry bones super blooper fan to funky and the bowser bike. life got so much more winninger.

thats all good and dandy but we all know that daisy is that hot fire.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    Yeah I recently started using "small" characters.(Dry Bones, Baby Daisy) on the Bullet Bike and Magikruiser and they are fucking FAST, but they get knocked around like ragdolls.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ALWAYS slide into contact on a bike, it gives you a bigger advantage than normal contact.
    Av by The LUC
  • Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    So the game has been hacked, pretty extensively. People are posting impossible records in time trials with a ghost that just drives off a cliff or into a wall and sits there...forever. In online races, someone called "The Evil" will just hit you with infinite red shells and bombs and then use infinite stars to untouchably finish first with a ridiculous lead. Fun times.
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
    ^ You're barley noticing that? XD
    Boobologist Ph.D
    so the best combo that i got from a few pages back is funkykong on bowser bike? and daisy on mach bike? is that the concensus favorite?

hopefully this limited edition controller i got, Super Nintendo Controller works well for Mario Kart.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
    ^ Pretty much. Though I still fail to see whats so great about Baby Daisy+Bullet Bike Dry Bones gets more MASSIVE mini-turbo boosts because of that. The pretty useless chars are:

-Mario
    -Luigi
    -Yoshi
    -Bowser

I think I'm missing one or two...
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm still trying to unlock shit...

Using Rosalina and star bike for 100CC. Whoever said its handling is ass...I kind of like it. Gives me a bike that turns like a kart. But I guess the Bowser bike is supposed to be better. No biggy. I used that one before unlocking star bike. Guess I'll be switching back for awhile to see if it makes a big difference.

I don't think I have Daisy, so no idea if she's any good. Guess I'll try Mach bike sometime soon now too.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    ArcadeFire!!! Play me...4253-3872-0435. You sound like you know yer stuff.

so innovate or DIE!
    I'm still trying to unlock shit...

Using Rosalina and star bike for 100CC. Whoever said its handling is ass...I kind of like it. Gives me a bike that turns like a kart. But I guess the Bowser bike is supposed to be better. No biggy. I used that one before unlocking star bike. Guess I'll be switching back for awhile to see if it makes a big difference.

I don't think I have Daisy, so no idea if she's any good. Guess I'll try Mach bike sometime soon now too.
    I"ve unlocked all the characters except dry bowser:mad: i don't think i will ever get him.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
    ^ Dude Rosalina was a BITCH to get at first.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    getting star grades in 150cc is a bitch. Almost every time I finish a track, I get hit by a blue shell at the least. Sometimes it's blue shell then red shell. And everybody passes me up. Me = frustrated.
    I still LOL@3-Star people online that suck BALLS. I may fuck around and get a 2-Star thingy by my name to intimidate people :rofl:
    Boobologist Ph.D
    getting star grades in 150cc is a bitch. Almost every time I finish a track, I get hit by a blue shell at the least. Sometimes it's blue shell then red shell. And everybody passes me up. Me = frustrated.
    yeah i haven't tried to get the star rating on 150 cc but i could just tell by my first time playing passing the level it's going to be tough. i got alot of low rankings like D and E right when you get to the finish line something will always end up fucking you up and u finish almost last....guess u just have to get lucky some games and pray a shell or pow doesn't destroy you.

oh yeah, anyone do that shortcut i saw on youtube for the lava level? where you just go around a big rock 3 times and finish the course in like 20 seconds.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE
    yeah i haven't tried to get the star rating on 150 cc but i could just tell by my first time playing passing the level it's going to be tough. i got alot of low rankings like D and E right when you get to the finish line something will always end up fucking you up and u finish almost last....guess u just have to get lucky some games and pray a shell or pow doesn't destroy you.

Sometimes I think the game thinks of new and more fucked up ways to screw you over. Be prepared, I'm going to bitch...

I was at Grumble Volcano and a green shell pretty much out of nowhere (I didn't even hear any noise) hits me as I'm about to jump off a little ramp. The timing of the shell was so amazing. Instead of stopping before the jump or having my momentum carry me to the other platform, I roll into the lava. As I get back onto the track and do the jump over again, somebody used lightning and I FALL INTO THE LAVA AGAIN.

I guess part of the game is seeing how ridiculous some of the things are. Like the computer POWing you right after you get inked so you can't see the POW floating over your head. WTF is that shit?
    I guess part of the game is seeing how ridiculous some of the things are. Like the computer POWing you right after you get inked so you can't see the POW floating over your head. WTF is that shit?

Thats the WORST EVER
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • XenoKazeXenoKaze Commie Pippen DROOG! Joined: Posts: 69
    My Wii code is on page 6 if anyone adds me let me know so i can add them

shadowace what's your number?

arcadefire i added you
    R.I.P. Craig Dufour
    ^-You're added. My code appears 8 posts up.

so innovate or DIE!
    srk mario kart clan?
    Av by The LUC
  • XenoKazeXenoKaze Commie Pippen DROOG! Joined: Posts: 69
    thanks shin
    R.I.P. Craig Dufour
  • versus addictversus addict Casual User Joined: Posts: 622
    I'm gonna add you folks if thats cool....

Arcade Fire: 4940-6051-3758
    The Epidemic: 4432-7012-2564
    amandainnswooo: 0688-6127-9587
    ReXXXSoprano: 0774-4637-5515
    final_cut: 4854-6930-8798
    XenoKaze: 4682-9080-8893
    Shin Sheng Long: 4253-3872-0435

....add me, I'm scrubtastic

I'm always Yoshi on the Dolphin
    ^-You're also added. You'll probably laugh when you see who I use now. Then cry when you realize everyone in the room is rank 9800 or higher. I've been getting a lot of those lately. Most intense matches of Mario Kart ever!

About 6p.m. PDT on is when I play now.

so innovate or DIE!
    I guess I'll add a few of yaz. Oh yeah and I finally encountered hacked peoples that can spam items X[
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • ReXXXSopranoReXXXSoprano Triple Da G.O.D! Joined: Posts: 1,509
    Haven't been on in a while, but I did spend a minute adding people who I didn't yet. I'll see you peoples on line.

0774-4637-5515 -Friend Code
    Just in case you forgot.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,797
    I guess I'll add a few of yaz. Oh yeah and I finally encountered hacked peoples that can spam items X[

you serious? Why can't people just play the damn game online with others the way it's supposed to be played?
    you serious? Why can't people just play the damn game online with others the way it's supposed to be played?

No bullshit. It was two different people in different rooms. Once the race started like EVERYBODY got hit with a Spiny Shell, I don't even think the hacking guy won to boot XD People would just wait for him to get into first and just OBLITERATE him with Red Shells(There was only 6 of us). The 2nd time the guy gave himself a Cloud from the get-go and fucked up EVERYBODY except me cause I managed to escape the chaos and gain SOME kind of lead before I was raped by Spiny shells, this guy could LITERALLY just give himself invincibility....gay I know =/ His name was TRYANDHITME! I forgot what the other guy's name was....gay shit tho =[

I gained my ranking back after all that bullshit 9820 bitches!
    Boobologist Ph.D