The Mario Kart Thread

Comments

• aberzaberz ◇◇Muffin◇◇ Joined: Posts: 471
    I got this game, played it for about 2 weeks, its been sitting there collecting dust ever since, Stupic classes.
    Originally Posted by LBC
    Real talk, in fact besides Sasmasta, its because your style of av's the reason I make av's :lovin:
  • kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,058
    Yo Kazamamaster who is that on your Av?

Her name is Mia Marie.

me
    My mk code is 0645-6163-5779

I'm on right now!:woot:

Shin, I think I added you already. Do you have my FC? Make sure you add me. You can make it at Friday at 6PM eastern right?
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,754
    I got this game, played it for about 2 weeks, its been sitting there collecting dust ever since, Stupic classes.

Ever since I picked up Wario Land: SHAKE IT!!! I haven't touched Mario Kart. =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • 3b1r4h3b1r4h omgz liek woahhhhhhh Joined: Posts: 499
    random mario kart question. so i have one of the earlier wii's that have trouble with dual layer discs. nintendo first party stuff is always a dual layer disc, but does it need to be?

if i download and burn it on a regular dvd will i be able to play it without it giving me disc errors all the time? I'm pretty sure there is no reason it is on a dual layer other than that is what nintendo uses. (provided i have my wii set up to read burned dvds)
    Don't be scared, just be prepared for the worst. - JMT
    Av by The LUC
    -Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Infinites.-
    I've seen high ranked 3-Star peoples like instantly recover from getting hit by lighting/banana shell whatever and like do VERY fast wheelie to normal driving...I dunno what it's called. Anybody else notice this?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The drifting in place to get a mini boost shit?
  • 56K-56K- R.I.P. Phoenix Joined: Posts: 802
    ^^^ most likely.
    It's only beneficial for vehicles with terrible acceleration. Pretty much anything with the Mach Bike's accel or less
    (You know your modding obsession has gotten out of control when..) Everyone thinks you're a devil worshiper because you always talk non-stop about Imps and Cthulhu. -DaRabidDuckie
    1075 4141 8196

I'm a little rusty.
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Her name is Mia Marie.

Shin, I think I added you already. Do you have my FC? Make sure you add me. You can make it at Friday at 6PM eastern right?

I think I added you sir.:confused:I'll be on friday most likely, but i'm about to get on right now also.

(FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    I think I added you sir.:confused:I'll be on friday most likely, but i'm about to get on right now also.

What's your Mii's name? I don't think you added me.
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

The drifting in place to get a mini boost shit?

Standstill Mini-Turbo =/= Near Instant Recovery from being hit by Bullets/Shells/Stars etc.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    What's your Mii's name? I don't think you added me.

ShinBlanka :looney::looney::looney::wonder::wonder::confused::rofl::rolleyes:

What's your mk code again?
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    Standstill Mini-Turbo =/= Near Instant Recovery from being hit by Bullets/Shells/Stars etc.

Well then, it must be either be someone trying to be slick with a hack or lag...

No one wants to add me? :arazz:

lag. lol
    (You know your modding obsession has gotten out of control when..) Everyone thinks you're a devil worshiper because you always talk non-stop about Imps and Cthulhu. -DaRabidDuckie
  • KnapstarKnapstar Joined: Posts: 150
    Quick question how does the online point system work for races. I have noticed continually that some time I get 3rd or 4th as few example and yet I get more point than the person that won the race. I have also noticed sometimes when I rank towards the bottom of the group I still get decent positive points still when I expected to lose 50 or 60 points plus, if I get 7th one race and gain 10 to 30 points compared to the previous race where I would lose 30 or more points for getting that same position in that race. Does it have anything to do with my racing points I have about 6150 points just to let you guys know.
    VF5- Pai,Vanessa, Lion
    SFxT- Chun/ Julia (main) Juri, Asuka, Jin (potential subs)
    SF4- Chun Li, No real subs yet
  • GRITZGRITZ Chill out, dickwad. Joined: Posts: 193
    It depends on how many points you have and how many points everyone else that you're racing has. If you are racing against an entire group of people with a shit load of more points than you, getting 5th, 6th, or 7th will still get you + points.
    ---XBL: TheGRITTY
    That point system is gay. I can come in 3rd and get like -35 points WTF
    Boobologist Ph.D
    That point system is gay. I can come in 3rd and get like -35 points WTF
    lol yeah...I stopped caring a long time ago :rofl:

I don't race seriously anymore, I just use random gimp vehicles mostly. I don't even care if I win lol
  • XenoKazeXenoKaze Commie Pippen DROOG! Joined: Posts: 69
    I just won a tourney in this Yesterday lol... kinda lame that the prize was a wii and another controller (considering i don't need either one) but still pretty fun.

Are you any good poser?
    R.I.P. Craig Dufour
    Yeah, I consider myself pretty good. 3 stars and 98xx VR if it matters. What kind of tourney was it where they give actual prizes??
  • Gouki7Gouki7 Join Date: Apr 2003 Joined: Posts: 422
    No one is posting in the other thread.

0559-9679-2877 add me please!

I'm looking forward to getting my ass kicked by you pros D:
    Jumping is useless.
    Added.

1075 4141 8196
    Added.

1075 4141 8196
    Cool, same.
    Jumping is useless.
    ShinBlanka :looney::looney::looney::wonder::wonder::confused::rofl::rolleyes:

What's your mk code again?

3308 5408 0615 is my code.

I don't think you added me yet. That's why I asked about your mii's name. Go ahead and add me. I'll be online today or tomorrow.

• Shin Sheng LongShin Sheng Long M.S.F. Joined: Posts: 146
    Gouki7 has appeared on my roster, Poser has not. I usually check if people are playing at about 5:30 to 6:30p.m. PST, then never play because nobody is ever on. Probably explains why I've never played people like ArcadeFire...right?
    You must defeat me to stand a chance!

There is no knowledge that is not power,
    so innovate or DIE!
    I hadn't added you before. But I'm usually on often, will probably be on around that 5:30-6:30 time slot tomorrow.
    Probably explains why I've never played people like ArcadeFire...right?

Hey I'm ALWAYS on I probably just never added you
    Boobologist Ph.D
    I would have loved to have actually played you today kazamamaster and Poser, but you seriously need to choose rooms without cheaters. Getting hit by stuff like multiple blue shells (at the same time) then 4 red shells (again, at the same time) or watching someone keep significantly gaining on me, while we're both using the same bike and not being hit, means I disconnect (keeping or gaining points) and either just watch the races to find out who it is or go elsewhere. Why would you ever put up with this shit?

so innovate or DIE!
    You sure they were cheaters in my room? I was playing in that same room for some 45 minutes and I didn't notice any cheating, won most matches...
    You sure they were cheaters in my room? I was playing in that same room for some 45 minutes and I didn't notice any cheating, won most matches...

I didn't notice any cheaters either. I suspected someone might have, but I couldn't prove it. I'll be on for a little while tonight, around 6PM eastern.

Nintendo needs to fix the bullshit drop=penalty system so that I don't lose half my score when a random disconnect happens.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    I don't mind, I like reaching 9999 over and over again :D
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    I use to have this game and i was big on it until ppl started hacking into the system so i ended up selling it. It had potential to be a great MK game but now that title stays with Mario Kart 64 as the best kart!
    Seriously the game is ruined to hell and because nintendo are a bunch of lazy azz bastards that dont properly test they're games. This is coming from a long time fan of the series but because of pathetic hackers that cant win normally the game deserves to be dropped in the arizona desert along with ET! lol
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    I don't mind, I like reaching 9999 over and over again :D

Me either but it's a pain in the ass.

About cheaters: Just go into "Worldwide" matchmaking instead of "Regional" I've encountered EVERY hacker in Regional(One of them three times in fact) so I just stick to that one. Even though it's fun when you beat them at their own game sometimes XD

*Adds random people* Wait some of you assholes needa add me =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Good games to you tonight ArcadeFire and joining the room later, Poser :tup:

so innovate or DIE!
    ^ Yeah I kept getting raped by items and shit+a random disconnect GG's
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Hopefully next time I play you Shin I won't be as terrible as I was earlier today. Good games Shin and ArcadeFire.
    So after that marathon of playing I have a score of 9075. Seriously people in karts piss me off since they can just TAP you and send you FLYING and you can be Bowser and get hit by Baby Daisy and get fucked.

I seriously hate the fucking Cancer Cloud....GG's Poser you're style of play made me laugh. Until then Waluigi out
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Imagine how I feel about karts, using one of the lightest characters in the game. Kind of stupid that the babies are heavier than DB/Toad/ette/Koopa. But what's my style of play? :looney:
    Can we organize an SRK room this Friday night? Who's down?

So after that marathon of playing I have a score of 9075. Seriously people in karts piss me off since they can just TAP you and send you FLYING and you can be Bowser and get hit by Baby Daisy and get fucked.

I seriously hate the fucking Cancer Cloud....GG's Poser you're style of play made me laugh. Until then Waluigi out

You need to man up dude! I play Karts only. Why? Because Bikes are cheap and take no skill to play with. :mad:

I take pleasure in knocking bikes off a level or knocking bikes off wheelies.

You need to man up dude! I play Karts only. Why? Because Bikes are cheap and take no skill to play with. :mad:

I take pleasure in knocking bikes off a level or knocking bikes off wheelies.

I like bikes and karts. Cars sucks, but karts and baby buggies are great!
    I would prefer Bowser on the Wario bike that way cars have a hard time knocking him of unless they are a heavy car even if they do, bowser still holds his ground. I also knock off lightweight that use lightweight bikes and potentially bully my way to better positions if I need to. I can even maneuver the bike around Rainbow Road easily as well, It happens to be my favorite course by the way it is the only course I can get 1st place in at all.
    VF5- Pai,Vanessa, Lion
    I'd use the Wario Bike more often but it's just so damn slow...I prefer the Piranha Prowler for bullying.

Prowler + Wario's Gold Mine = lol lightweights
    Me either but it's a pain in the ass.

About cheaters: Just go into "Worldwide" matchmaking instead of "Regional" I've encountered EVERY hacker in Regional(One of them three times in fact) so I just stick to that one. Even though it's fun when you beat them at their own game sometimes XD

*Adds random people* Wait some of you assholes needa add me =/
    I added you mofo xD. I'll try to be on tonight.

What is this cheating that everyone is talking about? :confused: Didn't know it was possible in MK.
    Jumping is useless.
    I added you mofo xD. I'll try to be on tonight.

What is this cheating that everyone is talking about? :confused: Didn't know it was possible in MK.

Wow, that's bullshit.

Good races in WorldWide btw.
    Jumping is useless.
    Doesn't nintendo ban people for this or have a way to track these bull shitters they make the game no fun knowing they can get away with anything while the rest of the racers suffer. I thought I was being cheated the vid showed me something I will I will never see and it is good thing I haven't seen it yet online. Is there a hack that allows a someone to target any one specific racer with a blue shell? I recall a few times where I was never first in the race at all and suddenly I was hit by the blue shell suddenly and I wasn't happy either. How can these cheaters feel satisfied playing the way they do seriously?
    VF5- Pai,Vanessa, Lion
    They suck at playing legit, so they result to cheating.
    Jumping is useless.
  • .Free..Free. I am the HNIC Joined: Posts: 808
    yeah fucking cheaters piss me off...one of the reason i gave up playing pokemon for the DS is cuz people using hacked pokemon.
    PAD WARRIOR 4 LIFE