I just want to talk about ST and nothing new is posted.. and the 08/15/ ? of the day.

fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0Joined: Posts: 1,853
OK.. When I am bored at work or just want to slack off, I have to admit, just as many of you who search this thread, I check it a million times.. I am crazy about ST. No other game does it for me the same way.:lovin:

I often find myself at work continually looking at this thread... I wait and salivate for new posts. I feel like a little kid on a holiday morning just waiting for any little noise my parents may make to signal (being other now... I realize what those sounds were... :xeye:) me that the excitement is about to begin.

Then I see a question, and sometimes, I find myself really let down.

You see large ambiguous questions like this "How do I win with and beat every opponent with character X?"

Could you ask a harder question? :rolleyes: Isnt there enough info in the forums to at least get you started? So, at least you can come back with a more specific question? The reply to that question is so HUGE that no one really wants to take the time to answer it.

However, every once in a while you get a total gem. Everybody who was around when the new guile/claw super motion was discussed knows they all went home flipped on the game and did "db>df>ub" and proceeded to cream their paints. You know that you reflected back on you ST life and thought off how many supers you missed and how much more pain you could have inflicted on your opponent if you knew that motion! That was a great discussion!

Anyway, the point of my rambling is that I like to have fun and discuss ST. I get bothered that I have to wait hours or days to have stuff to talk about.:sad:

So I am going to start a loose discussion thread. I'm just going to bring things up that are on my mind about ST. If it is character specific strategy or if there is a thread already about it, keep it their respective thread. For example the ST in the house thread is great for real in depth discussion. I just want to talk about ST.... just for the sake of talking about it.

I guess, what I am trying to do here is just have fun :party::clown:and talk about ST. If we get on a subject that gets deep take it to where it belongs. But, maybe this will just get some subjects rolling.

I'll keep this up as long as it is fun. I'll take the lead, but I'll share it with anybody. If no one likes this idea, I'll delete the thread with no hard feelings. I just want to talk about ST and figured others do to... :karate:

********************EDIT************ 04/10/08

I thing I am going to try a question of the day as well. I'll keep track of it in the next post. This why it just give something else to talk about for those who have already posted.

My hopes are to expand general player knowledge through fun conversation... I figured some fun things could come from these questions.
Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...

Comments

• fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    08/15/08 Question? Would you please look at this?

http://www.yoganoogie.blogspot.com/

4/30/08 Question?

Did you answer yesterdays question?

4/29/08 Question?

What is the first action you (typically) take against the following characters (see below) with your favorite/main character at the start of a match? Why?
    • Zangief:
    • T.Hawk:

(The other characters will be on other days)
    04/28/08

04/21/08 Answers according to YBH.

Q: Whose fireball does the most damage?
    A: Ken's

His Fierce Fireball, does 14% damage. (YBH PG. 14) Ryu's Red Fireball only does 13%, however it can knock down.

Q: Whose fireball comes out the fastest?
    A: Chun Li,

She has a 6 Frame start up. DJ: 8 Frames, Guile: 10 Frames (YBH Pgs: 20,74,26) ^^

Q: Whose fireball has the fastest recovery?
    A: Guile

20 Frame recovery (YBH Pg: 26)

Q: Whose fireball will always knock down?
    A: Sim,

Sim's Mp & Hp Fireballs (YBH: Pg. 44). This is somewhat of a trick question, however Sim's MP & HP fireballs K/D from any distance, Ryu's Red Fireball does not. (past 1/2 screen just sets on fire, but no K/D)

Q: Who has the strongest non-special throw (does not include grabs: i.e. noogie, head butt, and etc)?
    A: Guile

His back breaker air throw does 32% damage (YBH Pg. 25)* Cammy's air punch throw does 29% (YBH Pg.67)

If you understood this question to be about ground throws:
    Sim: 24% (Shoulder Toss). Give yourself 1/2 point. I was not clear in my question. FYI, Chun Li: 22% Damage. (YBH pgs 44 & 19)

Questions of the day:

How did you do?
    What answers suprised you if anything?
    No one got Q1 remotely right... What your thoughts on that?

!!! For the record I got Q5 wrong. I knew Sim had the stongest ground throw. However, Totally slipped my mind about air throws!

^^ Good job Raisin, on question 2. Wow!
    Out of town bill be back 04/28/08

04/24/08

*Stupid question alert #2*

Blanka, Honda, Gief, and Hawk all walk into an IKEA *really f*cking pissed :mad:* b/c they're freak-ishly huge, don't have a fireball. and fall to impress eihter of the women listed below....:sad:

Who do you think could cause the most damage in the shortest amount of time to the IKEA store? Why?

Would the anser change if it was a Lexus/Mercedes/BMW dealer? (thisNow their pissed b/c none of them could fit in to any of the cars in the show room :arazz:)

Ps... Don't for get to answer the 04/21/08 test. If you haven't already.

04/23/08

*Stupid question alert*

Honestly, who did you think was hotter when you were younger: Cammy or Chun?

And if you play of the 'other team' (which is cool, I don't really care) you can throw vega in there... :lol: j/k

Ps... Don't for get to answer the 04/21/08 test

04/22/07

What were your thoughts the VERY first time you saw SF2 and the cast of 8 it presented?

Ps... Don't for get to answer the 04/21/08 ?
    Ppps.... Jonny don't forget to change your answers to inclued the whole cast. (minus O.sagat and Akuma)

04/21/08

Today?s questions are more like a little test. See how many you can get right. Please do not use YBH or any other Frame/damage faq to give you your answers. Try go from game play experience or memory... (Exclude. O.sagat and Akuma from your answers) I myself did not get them all right....

1) Whose fireball does the most damage?

2) Whose fireball comes out the fastest?

3) Whose fireball has the fastest recovery?

4) Whose fireball will always knock down?

5) Who has the strongest non-special throw (does not include grabs: i.e. noogie, head butt, and etc)?

Scores will be curved.... :wink:
    04/18/08

When playing against O.Sagat how do your deal with/ attempt to get around his fireball pressure?

When playing against a good boxer, how do you attemp to deal with his rush down pressure with your favorite character?

What character do you not currently play wish you where better with?

04/17/08

Who do you fear more:

A good T.Hawk or a good Zangief?

Why?

Which of these two characters do you feel is better?
    04/16/08 Questions ?

3 Questions today?

Do you counter pick?
    How do you feel about counter pickers?
    Who is you least favorite character to play against with your favorite character?

4/15/08 Question ?

Simple preference question:

-Ryu or Guile?

-Why?

- If SF was real, and a group of fighters fought against an evil tyrant with psycho energy, which of these two fighters would you really want to save the world?

Be careful here, please consider all geo-political consequences that an indivual could bring to political landscape when ruling an evil underground empire . Remeber, Ryu is the wanderer who wants for nothing of tangible wealth, or Guile the rogue military Special Forces commander so hell bent on revenge he leaves his wife and child behind to pursue it?.

B]4/14/08 Question?[/B]

What is the first action you (typically) take against the following characters (see below) with your favorite/main character at the start of a match? Why?
    • Honda:
    • Blanka:

(The other characters will be on other days)

04/11/08 Question?
    Next question will be 4/14/08

Situation (2)

You are in a Shoto fireball war.

You are in "that" perfect distance away from each other to be throwing the fireballs: Generally safe from jump-ins, yet if the person guesses right he can nail you with that one jump-in RH right on your face and land safe. BUt if the jump late you get a free SRK.

You both have the same amount of life.

There are three ticks left on the timer.

No one has a super meter.

You just both threw 3 fire balls in a row.

You know that the other person is beginning to have the same thoughts as you: Another fireball *may* be coming. How do I turn that into a win?

You know if you wait and see what he does, there is a high % chance you'll take some block damage (and lose the match) if he throws a Fierce FB or if you wait for the fireball and jump over he'll AA you.

If you guess wrong and try an early jump or he baits you, you get AA'd and lose.

You feel your opponent is ever slightly better than you. You really want to press for a win b/c you may need next two rounds to over come him for the set. A draw-game in not a option.

What do you do?

04/10/ 08 Question?

Situation (1): 10 ticks of the timer are left: You are in the middle of the screen, you have 10% of your life bar, no super, and you score a knock down on your opponent (Sweep Distance). Your opponent is left with 15%, and fairly good with the reversals. Do you go for some form of tick throw knowing that it would be enough to kill your opponent? If not, how would you proceed?

(** remember throws that will kill you, can't be tech'd see wiki.)

04/09/08 Questions?

Other fun things that could be fun to talk about..
    • Do you ever think your a little too "old" to be playing ST?
    • Would you consider you self addicted to playing SF/ST?
    • What is your mentality when picking lower tiers?
    • How do you approach a good shoto when playing your favorite lower teir?
    • Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST when executing moves/ combos?
    • Did any of you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    • Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    • Admit it, how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    • Do you purposely pick pink hawk?
    • Who is your favorite character and why?
    • Do you love to see low teirs win as much as I do?
    • Who's your favorite low tier, and why?
    • Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    • What is the favorite color of your character and why?
    • Do you even have a favorite color for a character?
    • Which boss character was/is your favorite.
    • Which boss character were you most excited to play in CE?
    • Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    • How do you size up an oppent b4 you play them?

Anyway.. those are some of my thoughts.
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    OK.. I have to admit, just as many of you who search this thread. I crazy about ST. No other game does it for me the same way.:lovin:

Agreed.
    Couple things on my mind that could be fun to talk about..
    I think thats what people who dont play games (esp fighting games) would say. I tried stopping playing video games once for this very reason. However, I eventually realized that this didnt suit me. In fact, it felt more like I was trying to adhere to someone else's expectations of me. I realized that this was stupid, and so I went back to playing.

Yes. Very much so. I always start by telling myself I'll only play for an hour, but I get into it, and I always play for like 3-4 hours.
    I love picking low tiers (though I dont really care for every low tier character). They're much more challenging and require more skill.
    Very carefully :rofl:. I suppose this is matchup specific though.
    Yes, however, sometimes things are just dumb. For example, Guile's super motion feels like it was designed to be awkward for the sake of being awkward. Also, Renda canceling feels unnatural to me as well.
    No, but I bet it was awesome.
    • Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    No, but if I saw it I would have. F**kin' Honda :rofl: j/k Honda's cool, its just the corner traps he has when Sim is in the corner is rather annoying at times.
    Everyday. The link to it has been in my sig for a while now. You make this sound like its a guilty pleasure...
    No. I really dont play Hawk.
    I dont really have a favorite. I try to get good with just about everyone. But, if my hand is forced, I will go with Sim. Many people whine and complain when I keep em out with fireball/various kicks/slides... but Sim has a number of weaknesses thats you can capitalize on as well. Also, you always have to be aware of your distance and what your opponent is doing becuase certain kicks/attacks work only at certain angles. But playing with Sim is fun because he has an answer to just about everything. With him it just really feels like you have to outthink your opponent in trying to keep him away. You basically win matches based on how well you can keep people away, which seems different from playing with other people for some reason...
    Yes, because otherwise the game gets rather stale.
    Technically I have 3, but since I know nothing about Fei, I default to 2.

1) Cammy. Why? because she really doesnt have a whole lot to work with (JChen will probably flame me for this, but oh well). I mean, she can win, but... ok, like for instance, if I was Ken/Ryu, I could DP through a fireball that would otherwise keep me away, but Cammy cant do this with Thrust Kick, which makes it tough to play Guile (among other things). Yes I could jump, but in a clutch situation, it'd be nice to have those frames of invincibility that a DP offers. But anyways, back to the point, she really has to rely on trickery a lot because she doesnt really have much she can repeatedly do to win.... well, vs Gief (and I think Hawk) she can just thrust kick over and over again and he cant do anything about it. But aside from this, she doesnt have a whole lot she can consistently do to win. She can use Cannon Drill to snuff out attacks if she predicts them right, but if you guess wrong (or arent at the right distance), she's completely vulnerable. She can Knucle through fireballs, but again, you really have to do it when the person is starting to toss the fireball, because otherwise the other person recovers and sweeps her (and dont even BOTHER doing this with Guile... that matchup alone is unfair). She can Hooligan, which is nice to catch people offguard... actually, this is really fun to do... until your opponent catches on. This is my experience at least. So when you actually do win, its very satisfying, because I dont really know of any consistent way of winning with her. She has no fireballs, her longest poke isnt all that far-reaching... at least she has Cannon Spike.

2) Gief. Is he really low tier? Watch Pony on Youtube owning people. I dont know why I get so much enjoyment from SPD'ing people to death, but its very fun. Again, you really have to know how to exploit people's weaknesses to get in, but once you do its fun.
    • Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    Perhaps the same could be said of people moving from SF to SF2 :rofl:
    Sim: MP (the blue one). Why I dont know
    Cammy: Pink... because pink is hot on a woman
    Ryu: dark blue. Dont know why

• Do you even have a favorite color?
    In general no... on women, yes
    I really know nothing about playing boss characters. But I have started trying to play as Dic
    See above. Also, insert witty response about not wanting to play against CE Dic
    • Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    No
    • How do you size up any oppent b4 you play them?
    Shrugs.

You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    I really like this thread. Feels like a lounge fit for people who just want to experience more of this game; ST is the only fighter I try to play competitively so yeah, I'm a huge fan. I've been lurking around for years now; early on, I just didn't feel like I knew enough about the games. Nowadays, I want to post more but I made an agreement with myself to do so on a certain condition related to ST that has yet to be met.

I've read through every thread here that could've offered me an advantage, stole ideas from watching the top players, and then empirically went along with whatever worked online and in my local tourneys. I still have many unknowns but each month, I feel that my progress is steadily building.

Anyway, on to the questions:

* Do you ever think you a little to "old" to be playing ST?
    Early 20s? Not yet.

* Would you consider you self addicted to play SF/ST?
    Sorta. My goal is more to see how far I can rise if I dedicate myself to something. ST just happens to be my venue, although it is by far my favorite fighter as well. 3 years ago, I actually didn't like ST (CE all the way) since I didn't like the supers, throw softening, and fast speed but after playing it more and more online and offline, it grew on me and now I only play ST. I have played a pretty insane amount of ST over the last 1.5 years though, much of it via Kaillera.

* What is you mentality when picking lower tiers?
    Making up for Barcelona Attack abuse that preceded/succeeded low tier play. :shake:

* How do you approach a good shoto when playing your favorite lower teir?
    Vastly depends on the character, although I always lose out against a really good shoto using low tier. Or if Honda counts (I don't consider him low), I pressure hard.

* Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST and executing moves/ combos?
    No, if I preferred technical skill, I'd play more technically advanced fighters. I like the basic knowledge-dependent juggles though.

* Did anyof you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    Yeah, I wish it was real ST. CE dictator/Guile/Sagat was nasty. It would've been cool if there were some casual matches on the DVD too.

* Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda?
    Well, as a Honda player, Hakase's trap was a good thing to keep in mind for my own matches (although finding a skilled Dhalsim is like finding Sheng Long).

* Admit it how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    Every 1-4 days. When I see the site updated, I always hope it's not another Vampire Savior or Battle Fantasia piece. :wgrin:

* Do you purposely pick pink hawk?
    It's the Hawk that I avoid and not the pink.

* Who is your favorite character and why?
    Claw: looks cool, is a charge character, is upper tier, and seemed like the best fit for me. I actually started ST planning on exclusively using Guile but it took one match with O.Sagat to realize how long the road was for Guile...

* Do you love to see low teirs win as much as I do?
    No, I love seeing claw win so I can X-Copy strats.

* Who's your favorite low tier, and why?
    Fei Long: so much unabused potential in the US on that Dragon Arc Kick...

* Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    Nope, I just didn't like the new game mechanics.

* What is the favorite color of your character and why?
    Blue: who doesn't like blue?

* Do you even have a favorite color?
    Black or white, but claw doesn't really have them.

* Which boss character was/is your favorite.
    Claw: the best AI in ST I'd say.

* Which boss character were you most excited to play in CE?
    Dictator: but I was sad that there was no more creepy red eyes and low Knee Press.

* Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    Yup, I press a lot of buttons.

* How do you size up any oppent b4 you play them?
    Start an average character like Guile against them. Switch to random other characters to see how well they fare/how much they know/how fast they react.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Do you ever think your a little too "old" to be playing ST?
    Nope.

Would you consider you self addicted to playing SF/ST?
    It's my heroin.

What is your mentality when picking lower tiers?
    The good thing about ST is that every character has some bullshit. Some just have much better and more bullshit than others. I like to find out what the lower characters bs is and then use it on others.

How do you approach a good shoto when playing your favorite lower teir?
    My favorite low tier character is Fei who is more like lower mid tier than low tier. I rush that shit down

Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST when executing moves/ combos?
    It's not that difficult but kara/renda cancelling is a bitch.

Did any of you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    nope but I wish I did

Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    sounds awesome. someone should post it on youtube.

Admit it, how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    once every couple of days. He is a godsend to the English-speaking ST community even though he sometimes is a bit of an asshole. No offense if you read this nohoho.

Do you purposely pick pink hawk?
    I don't pick hawk as I think he is boring. He just tries to get in and infinite them

Who is your favorite character and why?
    My favorite character is Ken because I always imagine him talking like Keanu Reeves. I play Vega though.

Do you love to see low teirs win as much as I do?
    at least they can win in ST. Imagine trying to do so in 3s.

Who's your favorite low tier, and why?
    My favorite of the actual shitty characters (I don't think Fei Long is nearly as bad as Cammy, Gief, Blanka, and N. Hawk) is probably Cammy. I want to say gief but gief has retard strength in a2 and when he wins in that game he taunts you with his retardedness by screaming "DARRRRRRR!!!"

Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    SF3 was like the anti street fighter. The characters introduced in NG were good designs. 2i was ok but the new 3s characters sucked. Makoto was simply lesbian karate Sakura (not that bad of a design but very generic), Twelve was a giant wad of Shang Tsung's semen. I did like Q though.

What is the favorite color of your character and why?
    Ok, my favorite vega color is short vega aka "Bloody Claw." as I always think of him like painting himself in the blood of his enemies. My second fav Vega color is rh vega which I call "Celtic/Viking Claw" as he is blue and I imagine him painting himself in warpaint like the ancient Celts/Vikings used to do.

Do you even have a favorite color?
    I call certain character's color palettes various amusing names. I will describe Ryu, Ken, Vega, and dictator. First you have the old colors which I just call the old colors.

For Ryu:
    Jab= Batman Ryu, my favorite Ryu color
    strong= confederate ryu. I sometimes make redneck jokes here when my opponent chooses this color.
    fierce= baby blue Ryu. I usually just call him light blue ryu.
    short= orange Ryu. no special name
    forward= blue Ryu. no special name
    roundhouse= green/Lime/snot Ryu
    hold= Peter Pan/Christmas Ryu.
    start= dirty Ryu, my second favorite Ryu color.

For Ken:
    jab= white Ken. no special name
    strong= wannabe Batman/poser Ken. This is ken attempting to rock Ryu's Batman getup but just coming off as a poser
    fierce= purple/Mattsun Ken
    short= green Ken. no special name
    forward= cerulean ken. no special name
    roundhouse= no special name. This is my favorite Ken color by far.
    hold= Shit Ken as his gi is covered in shit
    start= Banana Ken.

For Vega:
    jab= no special name
    strong= Irish/Leprechaun Vega.
    fierce= Steelers Vega as his uniform reminds me of the Steelers.
    short= Bloody Vega as his "tattoo" is instead painted in the blood of his fallen opponents. This is my favorite Vega
    forward= Gayga/Flaming Homo Vega.
    roundhouse= Viking/Celtic Vega as his tattoo reminds me of blue Viking and Celtic warpaint. My 2nd fav Vega color.
    hold= no special name.
    start= lamb Vega as he is white like a lamb.

For Bison=
    jab= no special name
    strong= green/CE Bison.
    fierce= Captain/cruise ship/Love boat Bison
    short= no special name
    forward= army/military Bison. This reminds me of the excellent last fight scene in Fist of Legend, which is otherwise a mediocre movie.
    roundhouse= gay Bison. Bison finally shows his inner homo.
    hold= Oscar Bison. Viscante came up with this
    Start= Death Star Bison as it looks like he mans the Death Star. My favorite color Bison.

Which boss character was/is your favorite.
    I don't really have one. Probably Sagat.

Which boss character were you most excited to play in CE?
    I am not OG enough to answer this.

Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    I try to.

How do you size up an oppent b4 you play them?
    I don't really other than what controller they are using. Arcade-quality stick = potentially good player, non Arcade quality stick = could be anyone, Saturn pad = hardened pad warrior, SNES pad = OG, other pad = potential scrub.

once every couple of days. He is a godsend to the English-speaking ST community even though he sometimes is a bit of an asshole. No offense if you read this nohoho.

I don't think he'll care!
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572
    Interesting thread fatboy, I might be peeking into the ST area alot more often now.

* Do you ever think you a little to "old" to be playing ST?
    Quite the opposite since this game came out when I was 6.

* Would you consider you self addicted to play SF/ST?
    More like a fighting game addict because I like alot of SNK fighting games and Virtua Fighter.

* What is you mentality when picking lower tiers?
    I like this character so i'm going to pick him/her but when I pick O.Cammy its just lol.

I try to guess his fireball pattern and try not to jump at him so I dont eat a DP.

* Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST and executing moves/ combos?
    Yes, even though I get frustrated.

* Did any of you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    No, mainly because it was AE and because I bought YBH instead. Besides, I need to get the x-mania 7 dvd before SBO '07.

* Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda?
    I didnt see it plus I hate Sim so eh.

* Admit it how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    I use to check it at least 3-5 times a day, hoping for a new update about anything but now I check it probably every other week.

I avoid everything pink....except pussy.

Hard to say, there are alot of characters I like alot in ST but my favorite would have to be Ken. He can zone, he can do crazy combos, Knee Bash is tight and its always fun to see an opponent catch on fire. Second would be Hawk but I suck with him.
    Yes, especially Hawk, Fei, and Cammy.

T-Hawk: Takes alot of hard work to even be decent with him plus its always fun to see tick tick HUMMMM.

* Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    Can't say, to young.

The CE color: I dont know if its a weird light black or a really dark blue.

* Do you even have a favorite color?
    Black and Red son!

I'll give you a hint: This is Delicious!

Sagat: I dont know, he seemed tight and didnt look creepy like Dictator.

* Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    Sometimes.

* How do you size up any oppent b4 you play them?
    I start out with Fei or O.boxer, I try to beat them while there laughing.
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Ugh I need to take a break from SRK. I don't care if nameless fuckers like y'all think I'm a prick but if I'm actually pissing off New York players that's no good. Should have used a nickswitch for local tourneys...

Here's a pm I sent deadfrog re: recent outburst on HD thread. He's on my case about HD. (sorry, bruddah, I'm just not interested.)
    nohoho wrote:
    Haha don't break my balls. But to get serious for a sec I like regular ST and just want to keep playing that. I'm not picky about ports or joysticks or anything. Simply enjoy playing a variety of people in that great old game.

I did get carried away with that post tho'. Had just woken up from a nap or something and wasn't thinking straight. I think I'm going to take a break from srk for a while.

Yeap.
    Ganelon wrote:
    Every 1-4 days. When I see the site updated, I always hope it's not another Vampire Savior or Battle Fantasia piece.
    Wow hahaha
    Ugh I need to take a break from SRK. I don't care if nameless fuckers like y'all think I'm a prick but if I'm actually pissing off New York players that's no good.

For the record I love Nohoho!:lovin: His site F*cking Rocks!
  • jmsjms Joined: Posts: 339
    So I am going to start a lose discussion thread.

I'm staying far away from this thread, because I don't want to lose.

But I like this question!

Sometimes I check as often as twice a day. When I see an update, I pray that there's not another pic of Gary Busey.
    I never knew about this until now:

http://forums.super-turbo.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93
    I gots a question for you guys. Back when you first started playing, did you ever have serious trouble with any moves or techniques? Did it almost turn you off the game? I mention this because I've only been playing a few weeks, and it took me ages to get the DP motion down.

Another question you might think about, do you enjoy the game more now that you are awesome at it, and know its intricacies? Or was learning this stuff part of fun?

:chat:
    I'm staying far away from this thread, because I don't want to lose.

Hahaah! My bad, fixed!If you can't l:rofl:augh :rofl:at yourself what can you do? :sweat:
  • wolf_1wolf_1 Joined: Posts: 169
    fatboy, how do surf these forums at work with an avatar like that???

[*]Do you ever think your a little too "old" to be playing ST?
    No. Most of the people i play are older than me.

[*]Would you consider you self addicted to playing SF/ST?
    Absolutely

[*]What is your mentality when picking lower tiers?
    I always thing to myself, "i can't believe some japanese developer thought it was funny to put 3 quarters of a circle inputs on these characters."

[*]How do you approach a good shoto when playing your favorite lower teir?
    When he expands i contract, when he contracts i expand.

[*]Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST when executing moves/ combos?
    not at all. i'm still at the point where i am worrying about whether or not this move is going to come out rather than worrying about if it's the right time to execute my desired move.

[*]Did any of you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    No but i saw some bootleg youtube clips and interviews from it. There was this one matchup i saw with Kurahashi and this green/yellow ryu, and out of no where, the announcer and the crowd start to go crazy when all whats going on is a fireball spam stalemate.

[*]Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    didnt see that matchup

[*]Admit it, how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    everyday. i also managed to get a nico video account. theres a lot of interesting clips on that site. the only problem is that you have to search in japanese.

[*]Do you purposely pick pink hawk?
    i dont pick hawk unless i want to change stages. mexico and jamaica are my least fav stages to play on.

[*]Who is your favorite character and why?
    if you mix chuck norris, michael dudikoff, and van damme, you get guile

[*]Do you love to see low teirs win as much as I do?
    I like to see them win more than you do.

[*]Who's your favorite low tier, and why?
    Fei Long

[*]Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    Hells yes. They could've atleast put in sim, blanka, and guile in instead of necro, 12, and remy omfg.

[*]What is the favorite color of your character and why?
    Blue. I like to rep the hyper fighting colors.

[*]Do you even have a favorite color?
    poopoo kaka

[*]Which boss character was/is your favorite.

[*]Which boss character were you most excited to play in CE?
    Vega/claw. I remember playing WW on the snes as a little boy and i thought his walldive stuff was just too rediculous. I wanted to do the same stuff on other people only to find out that he doesnt climb on the cage.

[*]Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    i piano.

[*]How do you size up an oppent b4 you play them?
    [/LIST]
    not too many chances to see my opponent play before i play him. so i just observe.
  • Homer PimpsonHomer Pimpson Questionable Joined: Posts: 1,179
    I wanna play =D

1. Nahhh, Im only 25, thats like a spring chicken or something like that.
    2. Actually, yes.
    3. It IS possible to win.
    4. I pretty much only play DeeJay.
    5. I love this part about ST, you have to be precise.
    6. No, but I have seen whats on youtube (Xmanias) and even that is amazing to me. Top level play in ST is truly beautiful.
    7. I didnt see it, but I am a Sim fan. SkillSmith he is.
    8. Hmm, only once in awhile.
    9. I purposefuly avoid picking T-Hawk altogether. I got love for him though. Not man love, kinda weird love I guess =/
    10. DeeJay. He is very versatile, has good normals, is a charge character, has huge damage potential, and is flashy. Plus he has lime green pants. Love that crossup too.
    11. Why yes, yes I do.
    12. Fei, definitly Fei. Very technical character, love his move set, and a really good idea for a SF character IMO. He is just fucking cool.
    13. Didnt play SF 3 =]
    14. Well, my fav is red pants DeeJay. Sucks I have to give up his super to get red pants, but them are the breaks. I dont do it very often, but everyonce in awhile I will. Secondarys are lime green, black, and blue. DeeJay has good colors IMO.
    15. Black
    16. Dictator
    17. Claw
    18. I would say that I always piano, but I dont negative edge as much as I should. Very important for cr fierce ->MGU combo. My success % goes up when I neg edge that combo.
    Shit, is neg edge even what you meant by "push release"?
    19. I dont, actually. IMO, you cant get a true, accurate reading on a persons skill level untill you have gone about 10 rounds or so with them. Some people sandbag, etc. I guess sence I still havent answered the question, I judge by the character they pick. Not very accurate =D
    GGPO: MrSimpson
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
      Nope I'm 23, started with SF2 and just kinda went from there
      Probably, in some sense
      Whore the BS and get back to basics, the same as top.
      Try and bait a DP, get a lucky jump, use other shiz to get around FB traps, just getting in, then worrying. Not a huge fan of lower tier though
      What technical difficulty? This is about as easy as it gets ever.
      Nope.
      Not I.
      Maybe once ever.
      No.
      Bison. Damage. Pokes. Ticks.
      Probably not.
      None. I don't handicap myself for cool points.
    • Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned...
      In my area SF3 was a joke and left the arcade in less than a week. Never really saw much of it.
      CE Green Bison. Madri Gras style
    • Do you even have a favorite color?
      Vega
      Vega
      Why wouldn't you?
      You can't. Thats ridiculous. Thats like looking at someone and guessing what their favorite color is. I start out the basic gameplan then see what play style they have..
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
    I wanna play =D

14. Well, my fav is red pants DeeJay. Sucks I have to give up his super to get red pants, but them are the breaks. I dont do it very often, but everyonce in awhile I will. Secondarys are lime green, black, and blue. DeeJay has good colors IMO.

YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:
    I never knew about this until now:

http://forums.super-turbo.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Another loose random topic kinda sorta like was already mentioned by Mr. FatBizzoy............

When teh clock is runnin out and your behind in life, have you noticed beast mode gets activated by the person thats behind. It seems like something clicks in your head and you just start playing better than you did through the whole round. Like when you see those awsome come backs on YouTube.

I mean the whole round you fell behind maybe because of stupid mistakes and you were getting hit constantly and then you are down to one more hit kills you and you avoid getting hit ONCE for the rest of the round for the glorious come back. After all the mistakes in the round you would figure the person thats ahead in life to get at least a chip KO easily.

ST is so fucking awsome !!!
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • brianbrian Joined: Posts: 765
    Ok I'll play.
    04/10/ 08 Question?

Situation (1): 10 ticks of the timer are left: You are in the middle of the screen, you have 10% of your life bar, no super, and you score a knock down on your opponent (Sweep Distance). Your opponent is left with 15%, and fairly good with the reversals. Do you go for some form of tick throw knowing that it would be enough to kill your opponent? If not, how would you proceed?

Probably tend to go for a reversal bait.

Never occured to me.
      I guess I'm getting pretty bad lately.

I'm going to pwn you when remix comes out.

Block alot of fireballs and jump straight up.

No, I prefer the strategy aspect. It annoys me that my brother for example likes the strategy aspect of the game but doesnt play because its understandably unfun that his moves dont always come out.

no

Almost never untill yesterday. Now that you made it sound like Im suppose to, every day :P.

Ppl can record games now on nfba so you might get caught in the act. So no.

Guile. Not exactly sure... probably because I always played him even back on the snes days in world warrior.. probably because he felt easy to use back then, and so now I have the easiest time winning with him due to experience.

And because I can't dragon punch.

Dont really care. What I love to see are games where there are no execution errors, just pure strategy.

I dont know what low is.

I love the character design and art of Sf3. Unfortunately the gameplay sucks balls, which took me too long to realize.

Dark grey Guile.
      Clearly Guile's coolest color, with white being the only alternative. I had a white phase.
    • Do you even have a favorite color for a character?

My favorite to play is Boxer for the easy wins. Character design wise I pick claw.

sagat i guess

I guess

I wish there existed arcades.

Ok I'll play......[fatboy: Admit it, how often do you go to nohoho's site?}

Almost never untill yesterday. Now that you made it sound like Im suppose to, every day :P.

Hope that makes him happy! :wink:

I am an addict for the site, and he's my dealer.... I check it out everyday.... call me 'needy'.... :rofl:
  • ToyRobotTerrorToyRobotTerror Magnificent Bastard Joined: Posts: 2,078
    Never!
    I will win if komoda is with me
    Depends on ryu, ken or o.ken
    Yeah because when you nail it, feels so rewarding.
    Couple of times a week
    Blanka because i click with him
    Yeah.
    mk because im the emperor of mango, i also like blueberry pie claw(mk)
    Fuck skrulls
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    Yay for a fun thread!

Nah, I don't care if I'm an "old man". I'm still the same kid at heart :wgrin:

Would you consider you self addicted to playing SF/ST?
    Lately, yeah.

Same as picking high tier. I just work with characters advantages and try not to expose my weaknesses as much as possible.

From afar, I try to avoid lots of fireballs to annoy them and diffuse their use. Up close, I try to bait DP's. Besides that, I try to throw in as many shenanigans as possible and try not to be predictable.

No. I love ST in spite of it's execution requirements, not because of it.

Did any of you get the SBO'07 DVD? What did you think?
    I got the DVD, but I haven't been able to watch it yet. My regular DVD player isn't region free, and my PC DVD has been wonky lately :sad:

Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    OMG...now I really need to see it. Maybe I'll go get a new DVD player.

Usually several times a week.

Do you purposely pick pink hawk?
    He has other colors?! I always pick pink. The only thing better than beating someone with T.Hawk is beating them with pink T.Hawk!

Over the years it's varied, but lately it's Dhalsim. I like that he has an answer to almost everything, but is very technical to play.

Yeah! Watching K and Toutanki in XMania 7 was an absolute riot!

Who's your favorite low tier, and why?
    In ST? Hmm....maybe Blanka. In HF, Dhalsim :wgrin:

Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.
    It wasn't just the characters that annoyed me. The whole thing felt like it played sluggish and weird. To this day, I've never really gotten into any of the SF3 series.

Ryu: Sherbert(Orange)
    Ken: Lime Green
    Chun: Red
    Zangief: Black
    Dhalsim: Gray
    T.Hawk: Pink
    DeeJay: Purple
    Vega: White
    Bison: Silver or Purple

For everyone else, I just pick random colors.

Which boss character was/is your favorite.
    These days, Bison. I also liked Vega a lot back in the day.

Which boss character were you most excited to play in CE?
    Vega and Bison.

Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?
    I don't negative-edge option select that much, but I piano the shit out of everything. I piano reversals. I piano throws. I even piano most of my supers, since it allows me to be sloppier :wgrin:

How do you size up an oppent b4 you play them?
    I don't really.

Short answer, yes. Long answer is that it depends who I'm using. But I try not to be predictable in what I'm going for. One of my favorite things of all time to use is to slowly waddle across half the screen with Dhalsim right up to the guy and just throw them. Everyone is always expecting a slide, or a drill. Nope. I just mosey right in and dispatch them. When that shit works, it's pure gold!
  • skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    04/10/ 08 Question?

I suppose it depends on the character I'm using, but ideally (cos I do dumb things sometimes), I would walk up just slightly and see if they get reversal happy, and then punish that if they do. I guess this is sort of dependant on who I'm fighting too, cos I would go for that meaty shit all day vs. Dic, though I might think twice against, like, Zangief or something.
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    04/10/ 08 Question?

You score a knockdown on opponent, saying you knocked him down at tip of sweep distance, or he's knocked down so once he wakes up he's AT max range sweep distance?

Probably make sure that knockdown was a setup for a free jump in tick, depending on how that turned out go for the throw, if he dp'd due to his "fairly good with the reversals," d.mp xx flashkick on his landing.

That or meaty boom followed by walk up d.mp, d.mk ->super for chip.

-No experience in the ring yet with Guile outside of fighting old schoolers who've gotten slow over the years due to lack of recent play though mind you, so don't know exactly how this would turn out, but that's what I'd do, with a strong inclination towards the latter...

'cause isn't that easy to spot from a mile away?
    The urge to get that throw in which would definitely reverse the tide or win the match I mean.
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

i would generally walk in and out, bait their reversal and punish them while they are flailing in the air.

04/09/08 Questions?

hell no

used to be

RTSD. They wont know what hit them. the opposite is true for 3s.

feel them out, then RTSD.

no

no

[*]Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?

its fun once in a while i guess

once a full moon.

no way.

Vega cuz hes the fastest character in the game and the 2nd best reach. and izuna drop is the sickest special in street fighter history.

seeing blanka and fei manhandle other characters makes me happy, but generally no. i dont think the tiers are too far apart in ST.

blanka for his j.lk of death and the crazy ass bite throw. or fei. he can rtsd like no other and chicken wing kick is an awesome move if it wasn't so hard to do. but still, i like blanka slightly more.

[*]Did you get the same feeling moving from SF2 to SF3 as you did from watching Aliens to Alien3? None of you favorite chracters returned... That really pissed me off.

3s is hot garbage, 2i is better but still, no where as good as ST.

prolly zombie grey Vega. default is nice too.

[*]Do you even have a favorite color for a character?

yellow chun is nice.
    blue sim is nice. i wish i can pick blue colored old sim easily. that color is sick.
    pink cammy is nice too in ST just cuz girls look hot in pink like fatboy said.
    fei has some nice colors too. (plum, red, black, greyish white)

Vega. (should be pretty obvious by now) Balrog used to be my favorite for a while just because everyone hated on him. i remember my cousin hated him just cuz he doesnt have any kick moves. all i can say is anyone that strong shouldn't need to be kicking people.

Vega once again. sorta Balrog too. i just wanna see how a character played like without kicks.

[*]Do you really use the advanced methods as much as you should: piano-ing, push release, etc?

sorta, but not really. maybe for doing 360s and dps.

play conservatively and slowly to figure out their pattern, then exploit their weaknesses.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Here goes nothing
    No way, I'm a fucking grasshopper compared to the OGs.

Sure, why not

I try to psych myself up with an underdog train of thought... until I get my shit handled.

If I know they're good beforehand, then I won't play a low tier. If it's like the initial match, then I just try to do my best.

At times, yes.

Nope

Sounds like quite a sight, I'd love to see it.

Pretty much every day, I love studying and watching some good match footage.

**Paging Bacardi to the thread, Bacardi please come to this thread**

Ryu, because he's the original world-wandering warrior.
    The Fight is All. What more needs to be said?

Occasionally, yeah.

I'm kind of torn between Fei and Hawk. When they win, they usually win big.

Sorta

I just choose colors that are pleasing to me

[*]Do you even have a favorite color for a character?
    Yes, don't fuck with the unspoken juju of secret favoritism. If you steal my color, unknowingly or not, there will be blood.

As much as I really hate him, Dictator. CvS2 really just made me have to respect him. He's a badass.

Sagat or Claw, I guess

Probably not as much as I should, but manual input technique is always something to consider in a fighting game.

Facing an opponent in a game is metaphysical. So in short, I try not to, really.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782
    I have a love affair with watching and playing ST. Though i hadnt played it until over 2 years of getting involved in the fighting game scene, it is the reason i got into fighters again.

A lot of the cast turns me on in ST, unlike other games where i have a pretty strong or definite choice of a character i want to use.

Serious question. What breeds higher level of play/skill?

Execution and experience are both important, can this only be met by a strong scene and player base?

Is there such a thing as a character suiting a players playing style?
    かかってきな。
  • KerseyKersey Cyrax Wins Joined: Posts: 504
    * Do you ever think your a little too "old" to be playing ST?
    Hell no.
    * Would you consider you self addicted to playing SF/ST?
    Yes.
    * What is your mentality when picking lower tiers?
    I play favorites, so Cammy being good in CvS or whatever has no affect on me picking her in ST and vice versa.
    Carefully, and I like to bait dps.
    * Do you enjoy the technical difficulty of ST when executing moves/ combos?
    No. I'm happy that HD Remix is doing away with overlapping move inputs and other nonsense related to this.
    I think Japanese players dip their hands in some sort of supernatural mountain water or sacred sake or some shit.
    * Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese
    (Spelling?)
    sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    I like it when Sim loses.
    * Admit it, how often do you go to nohoho's site?
    I dunno.
    I purposely pick pink Cammy or Chun.
    Chun Li. Suits my play style perfectly.
    Probably.
    Cammy. Character design and play style.
    No. 3s has Chun Li!
    Chun's hold color. Green is my favorite color.
    * Do you even have a favorite color for a character?
    ^^^
    Claw.
    I don't remember.
    What the hell is push release.
    * How do you size up an oppent b4 you play them?
    I spy on other matches they play.
    I get the feeling I'm not old enough. I don't have any experience under my belt.

I'd say I'm getting there... It'd help if I had friends who played, or a PC-compatible stick so I could join in on the FinalBurn-fun. My silly SF Anniversary stick won't work with EMS2 or Super Joybox Pro *cries man-tears*.

Never really have thought twice about it. Cammy is my main, and I never have reconsidered it at all. She has mostly uphill battles, but I just like the way she plays. I don't take to the counter-character mentality too much, and sometimes I feel like tiers encourage it too much. To each his own...?

I only have one person who plays ST with me so far, and he only picks Honda and Boxer. I have no Shoto experience, and it's gonna drive me crazy if I have to fight one in a tournament. I'll just have to improvise a bit...

Not particularly. Born and raised on 3S, and doing, say, a cr.mk -> Shippu with Ken is simple and easy. Doing a cr.mk -> Spin Drive Smasher w/ Cammy is nigh impossible, even if I have time to set it up. I'm working on it, though with cr.mp instead.

Nope. Should I?

* Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    Didn't watch it.

Just found out about it this morning. I enjoyed glancing at the player report for various characters.

Never will play Hawk, but I know how to pick the Pink if I do! Pink Sean, Pink Dan, Pink Hawk... my friends and I all think they're too funny, so we'll choose those colors to antagonize each other during casual play.

Cammy, 'cause I enjoy her mobility and Hooligan Combination a whole bunch.

Probably. I know I said I don't let the tiers guide my opinions too much, but I still revel in watching Nakamura stomp a Honda, for example.

Okay, I shouldn't have to answer this.

SFIII came first for me, though I did have limited experience with SF2 on my SNES when I was really little. But, I know the feeling. None of my favorites from SFIII are in SFIV yet, so I can empathize.

Cammy: Roundhouse (gray & red), Start (purple and pink) and Short (turquoise and orange).

I love playing dress-up with my little lady.

Sagat. What a man.

I... actually don't like the incarnations of SF2 prior to Super Turbo. I think throw-softening adds a lot to the game, and the supers tend to give characters ways to escape fireball traps, which to that point seemed to be overpowered.

Piano-ing, yes. Reversal Cannon Spike is a wonderful thing. I'm terrible at things such as safe jumps, however, and I get sac-thrown a lot. Also, while I do piano for reversals, I haven't practiced only doing the button-up methods which help make safe reversal attempts. I need all six inputs anyway, though.

I only have one opponent. Our meta-game is ridiculous because we know each other so well, but I'll be screwed if I play somebody else.

Woo, that was fun. These sorts of threads are usually great, because who doesn't like to talk about themselves? Gotta take a look at this thread everyday now so I can get the latest questions. I'll try to entertain you at work, alright fatboy?
    "04/10/ 08 Question?

Situation (1): 10 ticks of the timer are left: You are in the middle of the screen, you have 10% of your life bar, no super, and you score a knock down on your opponent (Sweep Distance). Your opponent is left with 15%, and fairly good with the reversals. Do you go for some form of tick throw knowing that it would be enough to kill your opponent? If not, how would you proceed?"

Despite being terrible at them, I'd attempt a safe-jump with Cammy's j.Strong. Of course, if facing Blanka, this isn't really an option. But on anybody else, it's a worthy attempt. If they block the j.Strong instead, I'd probably do a cr.Strong, cr.Forward -> Hooligan Combination string. If they get hit, same string but cancel cr.Strong to Spiral Arrow for the win. If my safe-jump works perfectly and they whiff a Reversal Shoryuken, for example, close st.Fierce -> Spiral Arrow should do the trick.

I think it's a viable strategy, but I suppose it depends on how I score the knockdown in the first place and if it leaves me enough time to setup a safe jump. I love theory-fighter! :3
  • krostkrost :9 Joined: Posts: 811
    i'm only 18, so nope!
    not really
    only low tier i play is zangief, so my mentality is "hey, grab them"
    bait dp'sss
    over time certain things do not seem as hard as they once were, but i enjoy every new thing i learn about st :>
    never bought the dvd
    * Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese
    (Spelling?)
    sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    didn't see it
    once a month
    yes!.. D:
    i would say zangief, because once he gets going he instills so much fear into the opponent :lovin:
    sorta
    zangief, because i love SPD'S~
    but 3S has dudley.. it is cool in my book
    zangief's blue/yellow color - ken's hold color - chun's hold color
    boxer, because i love his stage
    dictator!!
    i piano like crazy D:
    way too many things to list.. :P
    FTSS
    RED_KEN
    new question posted 04/11/08
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292

Serious question. What breeds higher level of play/skill?

Execution and experience are both important, can this only be met by a strong scene and player base?

Is there such a thing as a character suiting a players playing style?

Higher skill: watching and understanding good youtube videos (and why they do the things they do), knowing the mechanics of the game, utilizing Tomo's philosophy of Timing Distance Reaction (I think it thats it...), knowing which moves beat what and why, matchup knowledge, yomi layers mind games and mix ups, dexterity, experience experience experience

Excecution and experience: Ideally yes, but with the wonders of the internets, this can be done online now. Yes lag is an issue, but then theres GGPO and nFBA (i think thats how you spell it).

Character/playing style: shouldnt you already know the answer to this? :rofl:
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    "Situation (2)

You are in "that" perfect distance away from each other to be throwing the fireballs: Generally safe from jump-ins, yet if the person guesses right he can nail you with that one jump-in RH right on your face and land safe. BUt if the jump late you get a free SRK."

Alright, never have played a Shoto in ST, so I've got a question: Is walking forward and cr.Roundhousing at max range an option at the said distance? I'd expect it to trade, but I think it does a little more damage than the Fireball. Or, if after a moment of walking forward my opponent mistakenly jumps, I can get the Shoryuken for the win. If they somehow predict this and they block... cancel the cr.RH into a Hadouken for chip, and thus taking the lead in life.

If walk forward cr. Roundhouse won't reach in time, then I guess this just isn't plausible. Please do educate me on this situation, 'cause I'm (clearly) a rookie.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod

You both have the same amount of life.

There are three ticks left on the timer.

No one has a super meter.

You just both threw 3 fire balls in a row.

What do you do?

I'd probably jump the anticipated next fireball and get ready to kick if he also jumps, but if he does throw that fireball then id make it an empty jump and throw a fireball when i land for block damage.
  • skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    If I were O.Sagat, I'd just throw another fireball, I could probably hit my opponent out of the air before he could jump attack me any damn ways. :P
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    I'd probably do some random bullshit like an air hurricane kick and try to squeeze in a bit of damage before the clock dies.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    a little.

meh, I've got too many games to play.

none in particular.

Fight offensively at all times. Especially Fei Long needs it.

I must say I enjoy it a lot. It's very challenging.

Yes. I enjoyed it.

* Did any other Sim fans go crazy for the fireball>teleport>super trap Hakasese (Spelling?) sim pulled out against Honda in the SBO dvd?
    Don't recall. I have to watch it again.

I usually go there. It's a great blog.

No, only by accident.

This is a difficult one to answer. It's a stalemate between Sagat/Dee Jay/Dic

Yes, I'm exhausted seeing frequent top teirs win often. Zangief and FeiLong are very enjoyable to watch.

Fei Long definitely.Well, he's low-mid teir. His speed coupled with the dragon kicks are essentials to master and requires a lot of precision when executing commands.
    My only gripe is Fei can't use the nunchucks. If claw can use his weapon, why not Fei long.
    Also, if you had a projectile move, he'd be top teir imo.

No, not a good bit. When SF3 New Challegers released, I was disappointed when almost every character had an uppercut maneuver. That alone really upset me.

Blue Ken (HP) and charcoal gray Ryu (MP).

For ST, it's either black or blue.

Dictator.

Dictator doing the PYSCHO CRUSHER the first time, and then Claw for his agility. Way more fun than hidden boss Gouki/Akuma. The memories are nostalgic.

I don't most of the time. But the safe reversal is a great method I'd consider to use more often.

If I haven't faced the player, I play defensively a lot until I figure out his/her weaknesses. Once I do that, I adapt to my opponents and perform a variety of strategies.
  • gozulingozulin Defeated Sheng Long. Joined: Posts: 117
    04/11/08 Question?
    Next question will be 4/14/08

Situation (2)

You are in a Shoto fireball war. [...] What do you do?

Jump and air hurricane kick to get behind him and try a quick shoryuken or poke. If i'm lucky, he'll whiff fireball/shoryuken/other and get hit. If he jumps, I have a good shot at hitting him.

04/10/ 08 Question?

walk right in front of him, standing jump as he wakes up, followed by throw or jumping RH + crouching RH depending on timing.

04/09/08 Questions?

No.

No.

variety is important, victories with lower tiers are sweeter.

don't have a favorite.

Nope.

never heard of it.

Ken, because he's one crazy motherfucker. Remember those random shoryuken sequences in SF2/SF2CE ?

Duh. Who doesn't root for the underdog?

The original, because there can only be one :)

All

Vega. Cocksucker was brutal in SF2. Also easy to get lots of double perfects against CPU with wall throw.

I never use'em.

If my opponent looks like exactly like Daigo, I know he's probably good.
  • ramzaramza hmmm Joined: Posts: 2,481
    i wish i could edit the code and take out ken's funky kicks. I don't think I've done one yet on purpose=/

eh, answer to every question: uppercut
    Are YOU still single?!?!?
    R.I.P Reggie Etheridge

He tortured me...with his awfulness
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Oh, BTW, that Dhalsim trick on the SBO DVD wasn't done against a Honda (although Hakase did play Kusumondo earlier); it was against Tsuji's boxer.

I'm not sure how to respond to these scenario questions considering for the multiple times I've been in something similar to situation 1, I've done different things (safe jump attack, slide, overhead, cross-up, walk-up throw, walk-up low attack, tick throw, projectile/super tick, etc.). 10 seconds is plenty of time for most characters to get 5% of damage.