The Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Thread!

Admiral AkbarAdmiral Akbar Miles away from an arcadeJoined: Posts: 150
I just got this game for the DC and its rather enjoyable. Just curious, what are top tiers and some good starts?

I noticed that the girl with the magnetism(Mariana or something) seems like she could have some fucked up shit, but that might've been just because it was really fucking late.

Anyhow, anyone play at all?

Comments

• thedude.comthedude.com Gedo Gang Goes Funky Joined: Posts: 3,018
    YAY !!! ORA

the shoto of the game is jotaro ...
    the toptiers are almost everyone .... most of the character has their own way being " CHEAP "

shadow dio
    kakyoin
    devo
    midler
    jotaro
    etc etc ...

DC version of jojo is MOre broken ....eeer ...i dunno

B O N U S

http://jojo.highervoltage.net/ <-- the jojo community shit ...plus scans !! woo hoo
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
    Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
    I noticed that the girl with the magnetism(Mariana or something) seems like she could have some fucked up shit, but that might've been just because it was really fucking late.

mariah is annoying ... eer some time ... i can do some of her practical combos...all her attacks are homing

download meikyoushisui combo vid !

um...use chaca , the skinny swordman , his the guy with counter advantage , BUT his endurance is weak ...

i also have some infinites , hope people around can give us more combo vids ...which was old
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
  • Admiral AkbarAdmiral Akbar Miles away from an arcade Joined: Posts: 150
    Originally posted by thedude.com
    YAY !!! ORA
    the shoto of the game is jotaro ...
    the toptiers are almost everyone .... most of the character has their own way being " CHEAP "

Not really. He doesnt have a dragon punch OR fireballs. Abdul seems more shoto-ish. Anyhow, hows about some combos?

With Jotaro, therse always the simple qcb+A2, qcb+A2, super. It probably can be air-escaped... I dont have much competition. :bluu:

Is this on Kaillera or something? Then maybe I'd actually have someone to play against.

With Mariahana(or whatever her name is) I just like to sit back, sent one of those cable things, and just repeatedly send out the forks(qcf+A). Also, b+A2?(I dont know what strength it is... its the move where she tosses a fork over her head) is good once the opponent starts jumping in. Her QCF+AA can be used as chipping. Is the QCB+AA only good as a punisher? I was trying to get her little capture move to connect and do that, but it was relaly hard to get that move to work.

I've seen that website. Kicks ass.
    mariah's qcb-AA is useful....mash THE BUTTONS !! so it will be 24 hits ...

her speciality is magnetism ...the opponent is a magnet ...that's why all her attacks are homing ...

considered the female magneto , but not top tier ...kakyoin is the worse , he is broken as hell , 1 careless , your doom ...by a japanese-kakyoin player

-Gedo High School Motto
    Why is Kakyokin top tier? Explain.
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    well basicly he has insane zoning and does tons of dmage, he also has inf combos.
    at least he cant setup unblockable into death, near death from a knockdown, like dio can =)
    chaca and hol horse are top mid also btw, if u look hard there should still be links to the old jOjO thread in fighting game discussion.
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
    a professional-jotaro player VS a professional-kakyoin player was like a match between ryu VS makoto/urien ...

-Gedo High School Motto
    Originally posted by shadowcharlie
    well basicly he has insane zoning and does tons of dmage, he also has inf combos.
    at least he cant setup unblockable into death, near death from a knockdown, like dio can =)
    chaca and hol horse are top mid also btw, if u look hard there should still be links to the old jOjO thread in fighting game discussion.

um forget it , we made the official 1 here ...

QUESTION !!! VERY NEWBIE QUESTION !!

how to ...well how to Cancel Stand-user's attack then chain to Stand attack ??? vice versa !!

example , star platinum jump and ma , s.sa XX jotaro's turn and do c.la , la , blazing strike , jump ha , la, c.la , f.ma , than star platinum's blazing strike x 2 ...

and how to cancel star breaker

example , s.ha , star-breakerxx , s.ha , star-breakerxx ,la,ma , star-breakerxx ,la,ma , star-breaker!

-Gedo High School Motto
    I'm afraid I dont know the answer to your question, but I found this meikyousisui video of Jojo. Unfortunately, its too much cutting out to early and manga panels flashing everywhere.

On a semi-related note, I read the entire manga. Great comic.
    yeah ...is a good comic ...

could you search another combo vid ...of jojo ??

-Gedo High School Motto

-Gedo High School Motto

-Gedo High School Motto
    Those match vids dont work! Does anyone else have em?
    get it through MSN ...dba_club@hotmail.com

but my msn is down

-Gedo High School Motto
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    What makes Midler top tier? She seemed alright to me, but not top.
    i dunno , i don't use her

-Gedo High School Motto
    midler is not top tier =/ last i checked
    Originally posted by shadowcharlie
    midler is not top tier =/ last i checked

yeah i do feel so ... she sucks in eeeer tandem

-Gedo High School Motto
    i just want to know how the people that put out that combo vid, those eltie jap combo editers.....how do they manage to make every crouching attack seem to move the mfwd a bit?
    i was wondering how they cancel to stand's manual attack and shift shift again ??

-Gedo High School Motto
    so you got any combo vids ?? msn me

-Gedo High School Motto
  • Drunken_DragonDrunken_Dragon Berserker Vampire Joined: Posts: 46
    i want to answer some questions, but not to be rude, but i cant really understand what some of you are asking.

i do understand the one about the dashing/crouching hits. and from what ive tried/done its a method of canceling dashes with b,d/b,d+attack, its VERY hard, (ie polnareff)

and about kaikyoin being top tier, i disagree. you can hit heirophant greens limbs and he really dosent have anything to stop people from jumping over his ranged attacks. (excluding his webs) but you can allways roll or block them in air. imo, mariah has better keep away (and lock down) and his damage is really only good from his qcb+AA, which for the best damage has to be done from close with your stand out. and all of his webs HACK his damage inhalf because of scaling. (ie: qcb+AA , do the diaginal u/f trick, you can get 70-80 damage, but when you combo it from a web, you can barely get over 30)

and if you stand mid range from pet shop, he dies. (he cant teleport in block stun, and he can be thrown as he comes out of it. like iggy)

lol man.. i never post on srk..
    "It is in our very nature! We cannot change who we are!"
    "No! To change would mean to... make an effort."
    i'm noobin^s_blue remember ...

-Gedo High School Motto
    Originally posted by Drunken_Dragon
    i want to answer some questions, ..
    thanks u should post more =)
    hey N^B !! i didnt know that was you ^^.

shadow charlie: thanks man. lol not really in the "2d community" should be more so i guess.

anyone wanna help me with a ps1-dc differences list?

must get jojo combo dvd.. >.<
    i only have the psx version of this game, so most of the combos that are available to the dc version cannot be done on the psx because of the changes in the stun frames (and frame rate related stuff in the game).

I do have a site for this game though, but most of the combos are for the psx version. If you have any for the DC version I could add to my site, I'll let you help me!
    that sucks to hear about Pet Shop, well im sure he has his good things too. Anybody here play Pet Shop?
    no pet shop is still very good. its just he has some annoying flaws that keep him from being very overpowered. being able to get thrown before/after teleport SUCKS. but if you time it right you can teleport behind someone as they are attacking.

i only have the dc version (used to have the psx version) imo the dc version is so much better. expanded move lists, more balanced etc. just my opinion though.
    Jotaro Infinite Chart!

Jotaro_Infinite.gif

the red is really the main core of everything, and the blue are sub cores.

this is for the DC american version btw.

on a side note, my favorite juggle ender is J.MA XX J.QCF+AA

in the corner you can also do multiple tigerkneed qcf+AAs in the corner. think AHVB but 5 times harder to time.
    ?????????*^$%*#%# WTC !?!??!

-Gedo High School Motto
    ?? what dont you get it? follow the arrows from one to another, then write it down or remember it and it will be in combo form. all of those work at any time, tehy are all legit combos and are doable in match.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah i see ...but i'm lost yeah .... ok ... now i get it

-Gedo High School Motto
  • lseelbalseelba You must defeat ShengLong Joined: Posts: 870
    Bump JoJo for Great Justice!

I just got this game yesterday, and I can't find any good resources for it. From my limited time last night fooling around (about 3 hours or so) these were my impressions:

Mariahia, even without a stand, is a cool lockdown character. I love setting the plug, dropping a wire, firing some hammers, shooting the wire trap, repeat. Once the electric wire or the wire trap hits them, I rush in and drop a VW bug on them :)

The dog sucks and I couldn't figure out any good combo strings.

I didn't like the bird at first, but after playing around with it's specials it seems really good. I try to teleport punch (3H) to stand trap (2S), dash H, 236+AA drop a big rock on them. Reminds me of gamma crush but faster.

The gypsy chick I played around with but couldn't find a lot of effective moves. Her harpoon is fast. The best corner combo I could find was crouching stand combo [2]L,M,H xx car 214H, pause, weight 623M xx car special 214+AA. The car special hits for four if you time it right off of the weight.

The only other character I folled around with was Kaikyoin. I was psyched when I figured out he had a custom combo 214S. The most hits I managed was three 236+AA specials in a custom combo, with Kaikyoin throwing in a few weak attacks to boot. I still can't play effectively with that character though.

The crazy guy with the ray gun is a one trick pony. After shrinking the computer a few times and still losing, I quit using him.

Anyway, any tips or combo vids would be appreciated. I can't wait to get home and try out some new characters.
    [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::]

SRK will be down will we preform maintanance on the site.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    its a fun game , everyone or at least most people have a custom where time freezes and u can imput commands in a string, like alot of people say this game has like no resources, someone needs to find japan serious matches to really know how the game is played, what little i know comes from what silver gear told me and what little exp i have with them game.

drunk dragn: the main differences come from arcade version to console as far as im aware, i think kaikiyon was towned down in priority and speed, im not sure if his inf exists still using the super,(control arm) chaca can no longer do the following, score counter hit with sword in sheeth super and do 75-100% unmarked random damage.
    dio can no longer kill someone with the world unblockable only do 70-84% dmg.
    thats all i rembembrr
  • ilikebeingaliveilikebeingalive retired Joined: Posts: 244
    lol, how in the world can you have tiers in games nobody plays?

this game is too funny to play, whenever i play iggi nobody around here can beat me, his raging demon is sehksy

that dude with the unblockable bullet is interesting

iggi for president
    Originally posted by ilikebeingalive
    lol, how in the world can you have tiers in games nobody plays?

this game is too funny to play, whenever i play iggi nobody around here can beat me, his raging demon is sehksy

that dude with the unblockable bullet is interesting

iggi for president
    hmm the same way u can have them in anygame when chars dominate something its not too difficult to tell
    can you please list the differences in gameplay mechanics between the DC and the PS 1 versions of this game? The Graphics or the sound dont matter, i just want to know what I can/can't do in the 2 different versions.
    Any other combos/tactics/strats? I'm seriously trying to get into this game.
  • lseelbalseelba You must defeat ShengLong Joined: Posts: 870
    Here is a good faq that you won't find on Gamefaqs:

http://www.geocities.com/cyberboy_2007/Text/jjb_jojo_bizarre_adventure_combo.doc

Check out this guys JoJo page. He has solid tactics on all the characters:

http://www.geocities.com/jjomega_2007/JoJo/jjba_index.html
    [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::]

SRK will be down will we preform maintanance on the site.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    seems FL is on the rise with this game again, props for being the only state to still be interested in it O_0
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,174
    does anyone know where I can find Old Jojo.relax match vids?
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Bump again. Started playing after about a month's break again last night. Goddamn do I love this game. Is it just me, or do CC's pretty much dominate for Jotaro and Dio?
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
    CC's?
  • SLAPASSSLAPASS Joined: Posts: 9
    Custom Combos maybe?? And regardless of the fact if the game is broke or not i wish i got a chance to play this game.
    WTF ever happened to Kimchee anyways??

Remember Boys and Girls Yellow Polka Dots never go out of style.
    SLAPASS wrote:
    Custom Combos maybe?? And regardless of the fact if the game is broke or not i wish i got a chance to play this game.
    Jotaro and Dio don't have CC's. Only characters without free-standing stands have CC's.
  • Rico!Rico! SRK's Chauvinist Joined: Posts: 694
    *bump*

anyone know the joystick button layout for this game?
    Currently Playing: Bayonetta
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Jotaro and Dio don't have CC's. Only characters without free-standing stands have CC's.
    Well, whatever you wanna call :qcb: [Stand]....
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • Rico!Rico! SRK's Chauvinist Joined: Posts: 694
    I just created an entry for this in the SRK wiki. Anyone wanna help me with it?
    Currently Playing: Bayonetta
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
    I need some Joesph shit.

Any takers?
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
    jojo.sakura.ne.jp <---update ...

-Gedo High School Motto