The Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Thread!

Comments

• FaykFayk OVAHDRIVE! Joined: Posts: 330
    How is the GGPO room holding up these days?

It's been holding stable at about the state for a month or so. I've been there less lately (a bit of VS, and also moving soon) but it's stable.

However, the regulars/old guard aren't around much lately: you, 192, Filthie, etc. Roukyou has popped up from time to time.
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    It's been holding stable at about the state for a month or so. I've been there less lately (a bit of VS, and also moving soon) but it's stable.

However, the regulars/old guard aren't around much lately: you, 192, Filthie, etc. Roukyou has popped up from time to time.

Yeah man, just a lot of stuff goin on with everyone's lives it seems. Wish we could go back to late night sessions like we all used to do. And now that SSFIV and BBCS is out i'm going to be getting deeper into those games as well. Every now and then though I mess around with offline JJBA training mode. Just ain't the same when I ain't playin with my old crew though :"(
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    I'm still around (sorta) you just got pull me out of another room (usually VS) when I'm on.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

I'm still around (sorta) you just got pull me out of another room (usually VS) when I'm on.

Yeah, well... I can't really blame you since I've done the same. Don't give up on Jojos, you punk! :)
    Yeah man, just a lot of stuff goin on with everyone's lives it seems. Wish we could go back to late night sessions like we all used to do. And now that SSFIV and BBCS is out i'm going to be getting deeper into those games as well. Every now and then though I mess around with offline JJBA training mode. Just ain't the same when I ain't playin with my old crew though :"(

Well, once you get internet back, at least it becomes a possibility again! You playing BBCS with your local scene, or just gonna wait for INTERNET for that too?
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Well, once you get internet back, at least it becomes a possibility again! You playing BBCS with your local scene, or just gonna wait for INTERNET for that too?

I play it locally even though i still don't own a copy of the game (waitin for my paycheck on friday). I haven't been in the local tournament scene since the incident happened with my car. Browsing around for cars, so maybe in a month i can start that up again or carpool with friends to local tournaments on my days off. haven't seen roadapple in this room for a good lil bit, where everybody run off to?
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • superbyte412superbyte412 Joined: Posts: 145
    I just got AIM. Hopefully you guys can add me now and we can have some sessions! Cuz waiting in the Jojo's room all day is a little depressing when no one is in there except for maybe one guy every once in a while.

Edit: I'm MattCA on GGPO if you don't remember.
  • AtTheGatesAtTheGates combodrcker Joined: Posts: 436
    whats up everybody,
    posting from my parent's home in esslingen, near the B3C venue (best annual german tourney).

no chance to play jojo yet, but here's proof that toki' is there (to the left), and we're gonna have a hokuto no ken money match on the big screen today or tomorrow ^^
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9246/04082010128.jpg

cheers,
    ATG
    The morbid, muted body
    Is dissected, lacerated and shred -
    Life is hard as a mortuary technician
    The fumes go straight to my head...
    whats up everybody,
    posting from my parent's home in esslingen, near the B3C venue (best annual german tourney).

no chance to play jojo yet, but here's proof that toki' is there (to the left), and we're gonna have a hokuto no ken money match on the big screen today or tomorrow ^^
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9246/04082010128.jpg

cheers,
    ATG

SUWEET! Man, hope you guys get lots of jojo's in!
    SUWEET! Man, hope you guys get lots of jojo's in!

HNK is an acceptable substitute as well. Wait, are you guys playing HnK in PAL or NTSC? I've never stopped to consider how PAL's framerate would be weird for fighters...

I just moved this weekend (about 10 miles fro my previous location) so still getting things set up. I'm gonna try to sign in tonight, though not sure how well GGPO will run on wireless...
    HNK is an acceptable substitute as well. Wait, are you guys playing HnK in PAL or NTSC? I've never stopped to consider how PAL's framerate would be weird for fighters...
    I've always wondered about this too.
    I just moved this weekend (about 10 miles fro my previous location) so still getting things set up. I'm gonna try to sign in tonight, though not sure how well GGPO will run on wireless...

Not to good but at least you can hang out in the chat like I do at night.

Also some Iggy notes on why 2B into demon works on push-block the super flash stops the push from happening.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    I had talked to some euro guys at evo a couple years back and I guess they convert everything to NTSC to avoid the issue.
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Is there Jojos framedata posted anywhere?
    Let's play.
    There is some posted on Standcrash, but if you really want it from the source. I can teach how to read the data in the Dev Menu(and how to access it).
    I would do it my self just to lazy to do all the typing.

How to get into Developer Mode on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in FB Alpha (latest version preferably):

1. Go to map game inputs.
    2. Scroll down to region.
    3. Change the region to 0x70.
    4. Hit F3.
    5. Hold light punch then press F2.
    6. Go to hit edit.
    7. Frame data is there. The only problem is that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure emulation is incomplete (I guess?), so you can't see the hitboxes for most moves. Also, it is pretty confusing stuff to follow.

Jed told me this awhile back, I just saved it in meh journal.

Hardedge wiki has some frame data too: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future ? Hardedge Wiki.

really late edit:
    Do you still play jojos?
    You'll need to know more then that.(quick ms paint skills ftw)

once at hit edit your controls are

player 1:
    stick is to select your character(Up/Down) and Animation(Left/Right)

LP (Hold) run the animation
    MP skip to the next frame
    HP rest animation
    LK Mirrors the sprite
    MK Flips the sprite
    HK (Hold) skips to next section selecting

Player 2
    Stick Move the sprite(in case it goes off screen)
    Hold MP to make it go faster

Hitedit.png

here is pic showing two places you need to pay attention to.
    White box
    This box shows the frame counts this data is stored in hex numbers be sure to run the numbers in windows calculator.

Red box
    Not all hit frames are red (usually) so be sure if it is a multi hit move check this table to see
    when the attack hits again.

There is some posted on Standcrash, but if you really want it from the source. I can teach how to read the data in the Dev Menu(and how to access it).
    I would do it my self just to lazy to do all the typing.

I should put this on standcrash sometime, complete with images/examples, ya?

Nice to see you in the thread (again) - I remember reading some of your notes on Jojos when I was new.
    Fayk I meant i was too lazy to write up all the frame data. Go ahead and paste it up on stand crash I recommend to upload that pic on your own server or make a better one (or a better tutorial for that matter).

-snip-
    -snip-
    -snip-

That's pretty cool, thanks. Not really sure how you're supposed to calculate frame advantage/disadvantage from that, though?

But incidentally I went and collected partial data for Midler and Mariah.
    Let's play.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,450

Yo did you move ten miles closer or farther from svgl? Come by sometime play bbcs!
    Well you can't but you can get start up, active, and cool down(which can't be totally right with all the crouch cancels and walk cancels). Frame advantage and disadvantage still has to be done the hard way :sad:.

-snip-
    Ah, oh well. Still pretty cool though.
    Let's play.
    Yo did you move ten miles closer or farther from svgl? Come by sometime play bbcs!

Uh. More sideways. About 4 minutes further away. I still need to start dropping by SVGL occasionally.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,450
    Uh. More sideways. About 4 minutes further away. I still need to start dropping by SVGL occasionally.
    Yes you do! I started playing bbcs and you can play ssf4 for free there now. That wouldn't mean much but there's very good people there everyday and I hadn't played anybody who's a beast with console characters before they put it on freeplay
    http://i35.tinypic.com/34htmdu.jpg :sad:
    se you only lasted a year

• Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gg's to Dyne yesterday, anyone getting down on Supercade on the regular, would love to start playing this again.
    http://i35.tinypic.com/34htmdu.jpg :sad:
    se you only lasted a year

Is that the mounting plate? Maybe some clamps and some quick weld epoxy or something?
    Yeah thats the mounting plate. I'll see if can do something about it. Not sure if i can find a clamp that'll work. Demons are not same on pad i do them too slow.

Yeah thats the mounting plate. I'll see if can do something about it. Not sure if i can find a clamp that'll work. Demons are not same on pad i do them too slow.

If nothing else, you might ask in the tech talk forums. I've seen similar (one guy had his little brother throw a tantrum and throw his TE On the floor) posts before.
    hey everybody,
    i will now use jedpossum's method to doublecheck my old framedata, looks really promising. will report more later.

edit: got it now. the numbers in the "CT" column show how long the corresponding frame is displayed. all my frame data seems accurate so far, but it's all 1f off (since i started counting on the frame the button was pressed, not the frame afterwards). this probably means that either the button display in the dev mode is 1f off or that the game has 1f fixed input lag. probably the former (same thing in sf4 btw, if you do a super, the animation will start before the button press is displayed).

edit 2: haha wow, even some of the active time i researched is accurate.
    The morbid, muted body
    hey everybody,
    i will now use jedpossum's method to doublecheck my old framedata, looks really promising. will report more later.

edit: got it now. the numbers in the "CT" column show how long the corresponding frame is displayed. all my frame data seems accurate so far, but it's all 1f off (since i started counting on the frame the button was pressed, not the frame afterwards). this probably means that either the button display in the dev mode is 1f off or that the game has 1f fixed input lag. probably the former (same thing in sf4 btw, if you do a super, the animation will start before the button press is displayed).

How do you think if figured out that "CT" was count? It was with your framedata I was able to figure that out.
    Also note that the numbers are in hex so you have to convert a few of them.

Could you check if the Midler and Mariah data I posted is also correct?
    Let's play.
    Could you check if the Midler and Mariah data I posted is also correct?

i will, if you link me the post, don't feel like searching through 100 pages :/
    The morbid, muted body
    But incidentally I went and collected partial data for Midler and Mariah.
    :u: .
    Let's play.
    looking good so far, your data is 1f off everywhere, just like mine. however, midler's data is really unorganized in the frame viewer, and since a lot of her moves look the same, it's hard to figure everything out, so what i have looks rather messy:

midler:
    5A: 2f, 1f active
    2A: 2f, 1f active
    5B: 5f, 11f active <- there's another move that looks like this, 10f startup, 11f active
    2B: 4f, 2f active
    5C: 3f, 3f active <- sounds really low, i doubt there'd be such a huge discrepancy towards your data, maybe this move gets calculated differently internally - like, a couple of frames midler, then the stand part? had to look this move up at the stand (characters and their stands are listed individually)
    2C: 6f, 3f active <- your data might be 1f off here (or the above applies)

d.A/B/C: 6f, 3 active

d.2A: 4f?, 2f active? <- not sure since it looks exacty like 2B, data is the same

j.A: 3f, 9f active (11f active? move appears twice)
    j.B: 5f, Af active (A = no idea, probably some variable)
    j.2C: 9f, xf active (says 3, but another animation follows for the active part)
    j.C: ?? (looks like another move of hers, i'd have to research j.C data manually and doublecheck both entries in the frame viewer)

s.5A: 4f, 4f active <- your data is 1f too fast here
    some move looking like s.5A: 6f, 4f active
    s.5AAA: 7f, 5f active <- same data as 4A, is the same move anyway
    s.4A: 7f, 5f active <- you forgot this one ^^
    s.5B: 6f, 3f active
    s.5C: 8f, 12f active

s.2C: 7f, 3f active
    s.2A: 4f, 1f active
    s.2AAA 6f, 3f active (i GUESS this is s.2aaa, the frame data matches yours)
    d.s.2C: 11f, 2f active <- i assume this d.s.2C, since its slower than the data for s.2C
    -> some other move looking like s.2C: 15f startup, 3f active - no idea what this is!

mariah: also accurate minus the 1f.
    5A: 3f, 4f active
    5B: 5f, 3f active
    5C: 6f, 3f active
    3C: 5f, 3f active
    2A: 2f, 3f active
    2B: 4f, 3f active
    2C: 10f, 2f active
    The morbid, muted body
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215
    Which way do you guys input your tandems? It seems every time it try to do a slide technique I always end up missing inputs and then that leads to me totally screwing up my combo.

Is there some universal technique I should be learning, or should I just be applying butter to my fingers before each match?
    Horizontalballlife
    I'm the worst person to comment since I'm probably worse at tandems in general than any of the other 'regulars' but I'm not sure how you'd miss inputs using a slide - is it at all possible that you're doing a series of hits that won't actually follow eachother (due to a chain or otherwise) in a tandem?

I think pretty much any dio player will use a slide at least partially, Roukyou plays on pad so I have no idea what sort of arcane method he uses.

Whenever I'd play someone like Avdol, I'd usually slide just because I can do C->B->A fast when doing piano but I cannot for the life of me quickly piano A->B->C.
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Piano works best for me as well. I think the on only time I use the slide method is playing as Vanilla Ice. For some odd reason I found the piano method easy on CPS3, then the emulated version. It could possibly just be me though.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215
    I'm the worst person to comment since I'm probably worse at tandems in general than any of the other 'regulars' but I'm not sure how you'd miss inputs using a slide - is it at all possible that you're doing a series of hits that won't actually follow eachother (due to a chain or otherwise) in a tandem?

I think pretty much any dio player will use a slide at least partially, Roukyou plays on pad so I have no idea what sort of arcane method he uses.

Whenever I'd play someone like Avdol, I'd usually slide just because I can do C->B->A fast when doing piano but I cannot for the life of me quickly piano A->B->C.

Usually I'm just getting the tandem out from Jotaro's 6B and I'm only using the inputs 5A->5B->5C for now, so its probably just my sloppy execution that's screwing it up.

I just have to keep working on the slide technique more I guess, or try to get some sort of piano method going even though piano ABC is balls hard.
    Horizontalballlife
    looking good so far, your data is 1f off everywhere, just like mine.
    -snip-
    Cool, thanks. Yeah I thought that might be the case.

Apparently recovering from moves works like waking up off the ground where for one frame you're unable to perform any attack, but in some cases you can perform movement actions. Hence when getting up or leaving an attack Devo can choose to be in a stand/crouch/walk state 1F sooner than he's able to attack. I think that's prolly where that universal 1F comes from.

Seeing active frames is pretty nice. Mariah 5A being 4F active is good to know. Beastly move.
    Let's play.
  • GhostalGhostal カースヘッド Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Usually I'm just getting the tandem out from Jotaro's 6B and I'm only using the inputs 5A->5B->5C for now, so its probably just my sloppy execution that's screwing it up.

I just have to keep working on the slide technique more I guess, or try to get some sort of piano method going even though piano ABC is balls hard.

Just keep practicing slide method. I play Jotaro as well and Tandems are my strongest point with him, and I slide. Try sliding with your middle finger if you aren't doing so already. I find it keeps my hand level and allows me to glide my hand across the buttons much more smoothly and evenly. Sometimes when I slide with my index finger I get something like A, B, C, A, C, C, B, C and I'm just like "WTF?? o_O"
    Jimmyjtran: shang tsundere