Alpha 3: Q & A

Comments

• Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    BTW who is a good character for beginners to learn, besides Ken/Ryu? I wanna learn someone original.
    I think that depends on if you're interested in A-ism or V-ism.

As for the keyboard, cool. If you can manage it then definitely go for it. For most people it's a preferance thing, but if you're good with the keyboard (after experimenting with other options) then there's no reason to switch.

Of course, if you haven't experimented with other controllers, then I suggest you do before making a final decision.
    Let's play.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I think that depends on if you're interested in A-ism or V-ism.

As for the keyboard, cool. If you can manage it then definitely go for it. For most people it's a preferance thing, but if you're good with the keyboard (after experimenting with other options) then there's no reason to switch.

Of course, if you haven't experimented with other controllers, then I suggest you do before making a final decision.

Yeah, I have a convertor thing that lets me play my PS2 controller on the computer. I really don't like it, it just seems harder to do motions like d,f and f,d,f on it. And I'm interested in either, A-ism or V-ism is fine with me.
    Yeah, I have a convertor thing that lets me play my PS2 controller on the computer. I really don't like it, it just seems harder to do motions like d,f and f,d,f on it. And I'm interested in either, A-ism or V-ism is fine with me.
    I would recommend getting a controller specifically for the computer, then. I personally recommend a Saitek "rumble" P2500 USB controller. They have a 6 button layout with 2 shoulder buttons which is nice for playing with your finger tips or with your thumbs (and fingers on the shoulders).

Again, keyboard is fine -- keyboard it great. If you can use a keyboard better than a stick or pad, then just use the keyboard. But if you haven't tried a stick or pad yet, then I would once again strongly recommend exprimenting with a pad and a stick before you decide.

For fighters, a 6 button layout is the ideal way to go, even if you're playing thumbs or fingertips, IMO.

As for character choice, it really all comes down to what you're comfortable with. For starter characters, I would recommend the following: V-Sakura, A-Ken, A-Dhalsim, V-Akuma, X-Rolento, A/V-Chun-Li

I know it sounds like a long list, but just play for a while and experience what each character (and opponent) has to offer.

I personally found Cammy to be the easiest character to get into (both A-ism and V-ism). Her normal pokes and meter-based combos were easy to learn and execute. But that's just because I like the character and also because I don't find her to be that complicated. And as an added note, both A-Cammy and V-Cammy are low tier. But Cammy has been a driving point for me for learning how A-ism and V-ism work.

So really, you just kind of have to get a feel for each character, at least in general. Then you kinda gotta decide for yourself based on experience what type of character you like playing and/or do well with.
    Let's play.
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I'm having serious problems with getting guard crushed when I'm using V-Cody.
    Pressure strings and sloppily executed VCs that I could normally block, I can't when I'm using him. If I block a single cross-up combo, I'm already into danger.
    This is especially troublesome against people like Sakura, who have such high priority normals that it's somewhat suicidal for me to try and stick anything out, and it's especially bad on wake-up, since you have no choice but to block a lot of the time.

Blocking supers is also almost always out of the question unless my guard meter is completely full.
    It's very frustrating getting GC'ed by so many empty supers.
    I usually just end up jumping away a lot and then throwing stones until my guard meter is back up to a reasonable amount, but then the same thing just happens again a little while later.

A stick is always better than a keyboard though.

1) Sticks don't lock-up
    2) You can actually do 360's and 720's consistently without having to tick or jump first.
    3) You can actually charge buffer properly.
    4) You're less susceptible to cross-ups (changing blocking direction on a KB is more awkward than it is on a stick).

This is coming from a guy who can tick 720 with 'Gief on KB, so don't think I haven't used it quite a bit. Trust me. You're much better off if you can afford a stick.

As for the starter character thing, I think V-Sagat is pretty beginner friendly as far as VC's go.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
    What stick do you use that you recommend I should get? I've just kinda been intimidated by sticks before because for some reason they feel slower, and like on an arcade it's like you actually have to pull to go down and stuff. I'll give it another shot though. And thanks I'll try V-Sagat and the chars Xenozip mentioned.
    I'm having serious problems with getting guard crushed when I'm using V-Cody.
    Pressure strings and sloppily executed VCs that I could normally block, I can't when I'm using him. If I block a single cross-up combo, I'm already into danger.
    This is especially troublesome against people like Sakura, who have such high priority normals that it's somewhat suicidal for me to try and stick anything out, and it's especially bad on wake-up, since you have no choice but to block a lot of the time.

Blocking supers is also almost always out of the question unless my guard meter is completely full.
    It's very frustrating getting GC'ed by so many empty supers.
    I usually just end up jumping away a lot and then throwing stones until my guard meter is back up to a reasonable amount, but then the same thing just happens again a little while later.

A stick is always better than a keyboard though.

1) Sticks don't lock-up
    2) You can actually do 360's and 720's consistently without having to tick or jump first.
    3) You can actually charge buffer properly.
    4) You're less susceptible to cross-ups (changing blocking direction on a KB is more awkward than it is on a stick).

This is coming from a guy who can tick 720 with 'Gief on KB, so don't think I haven't used it quite a bit. Trust me. You're much better off if you can afford a stick.

As for the starter character thing, I think V-Sagat is pretty beginner friendly as far as VC's go.
    People seem fond of the Happ/Sanwa brands. Just stay away from X-Arcade. They tend to break very quickly, and they're generally not that great
    It really depends whether you prefer Japanese style sticks with the round top and the square gate, or the American kind with the octagonal gate and the straight stick.

I'm sure if you search the forum, you'll find plenty of topics dealing with joysticks. From what I've heard, the Japanese style ones are better since you have to move around a lot less, but it really depends what kinds of sticks are most prevalent in your area. I'm way more used to the american kind myself.
    sanwa for metal sheeting ans happ for wood/plastic
  • coreografocoreografo dd-younghou Joined: Posts: 683
    i need stuff for v-sagat ..
    please not post v-ism comboing ..i need pokings strings, space control stuffs
    mindgames etc etc ..
    please helpme .
    excuse mi english
    How do you punish X-Chun's spinning bird kick? There didn't seem to be much recovery on it, and I couldn't even duck it because it's an overhead. I can poke it away if she does it point blank, but if I tried to hit her after I was done blocking, I got hit instead half the time.
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,784
    How do you punish X-Chun's spinning bird kick? There didn't seem to be much recovery on it, and I couldn't even duck it because it's an overhead. I can poke it away if she does it point blank, but if I tried to hit her after I was done blocking, I got hit instead half the time.

it should go right over you, if you duck. she should be as you mercy as soon as she floats over, no need to let her recover.
    CFN: GetReady2Die | WhensThirdStrike [Urien, Ryu, Chun, Balrog, Karin]
    I make Jazz-Hop/Lo-Fi/Soul-Hop/Hip House: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
    The LK/MK versions ended up hitting me if I ducked most of the time.
    It wasn't necessarily that I couldn't avoid them, it just seemed like she could spam them for free.
    Yeah...after she passes you and twirls her legs in to land..you can punish then.

The short version can be a little misleading though...maybe that's why you were fumbling?

Edit: Also, alot of air attacks can beat out the SBK..experiment a little with who you're using.
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,784
    The LK/MK versions ended up hitting me if I ducked most of the time.
    It wasn't necessarily that I couldn't avoid them, it just seemed like she could spam them for free.

can't you just activate then qcf+mk, f+hk kick that ho? =)

EDIT: something wierd just happened . I was sodom playing against a charlie. messed up a s.hk during a VC he flips and recovers. we both walk toward each other and he goes for a point blank throw. I want to s.hk, qcf+hp him to set up the VC but I get s.hk XX 360+p instead.

The hk get's cancelled in the inital frames so it doesn't come out and at the same time his throw goes right through me whiffinf. leaving the accidental 360+p free to grab him, handing me the match. I was suprised, and he wasn't too happy about it either :lol:

is there some other invinciblity rule I don't know about :looney:
    Having problems with jump-ins again, lol. The problem is when they start jump poking early so I can't throw them. People said to block and throw when they land, but the hit pushes me back too far to throw.
    lol

Alpha 3 is like 99,9 % of the game ..

Big Intellectual quotient means a superiority against your opponent ,
    That's all . Practise make you stronger , but you will never be as strong as someone with 120 130 if you have 105 ,and so on ..

so stop saying some bullshit about skill , tech and all please...
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm pretty sure you could find a top player in (fill in the blank), whether it be checkers or CvS2 or Tekken or public speaking, and they would not necessarily have a higher IQ than many of the people who aren't as good.

Kyokuji- eh...anti-air? Or you can jump up and block and do a Ground Recovery (KK) as you hit the ground, or go for an air throw.

Rock Lee- Sodom is off of the ground when he does his 360+P almost immediately. He's actually only on the ground for one frame, and the game considers him to be in the air for the rest of the move until he starts/whiffs the throw, except for one more frame when he lands, before the throw. So the person couldn't grab Sodom because even though it may have looked like he was standing, he was in the air, really.

The thing with the Chun Li's SBK is that it hits on the way down as an overhead. So if she doesn't fly over you and lands on top of you, it can get irritating. Also, it's invulnerable for the first hit, though only parially (fully invincible for a while, and then only vulnerable low like A/V-Chun's overhead flipkick special, before she gets airborne). Has about the same recovery time as Ryu's hurricane kick and Sagat's Tiger Knee, so if you actually block it and it doesn't whiff, some characters have trouble punishing it.

Vids up at a-cho.
    i noticed they changed the format on a-cho to try and stop people downloading, doesn't work tho :p

edit: did ultimate zero happen already?
    Kyokuji- eh...anti-air? Or you can jump up and block and do a Ground Recovery (KK) as you hit the ground, or go for an air throw.

Can't air throw if they do it really early. Anti-air normals get stuffed by the jump-ins priority (I'm talking about stuff like Gen's 3K FP), and ground recoveries end up getting punished if they see me start one.

This is with V-Cody/V-Sodom by the way. It was specifically a Gen player I had trouble with. He'd wall jump a lot, and then start jumping in with FP and cross-up MK over and over. He'd mix it up by doing it early and then late, and I found it really hard to do anything unless I did jump back FP/RH and tried to get some distance.
    He wasn't a total scrub or anything either. He knew chains and some advanced combos, and he could do footsies and all that; he just stopped when he realized I had no answer for those jump-ins.

It just bugs me because I know these kinds of multiple jump-ins should be punishable. I couldn't do much about his wall-jump after wall-jump either.

People have suggested MP, c. MP, and c. RH as anti-airs with Cody, but I've almost never found any reason to use those over FP/RH/c. FP.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    Basic A3 anti-air theory.

Against really early jumping attacks you can duck so their attack whiffs and then:

- use a crouching Strong (cancelled into a move for more damage if available -- Cody's Roundhouse Ruffian Kick is ideal in this situation) to hit them as they land:
    - throw the opponent as they land.
    - attempt a combo when the opponent lands (preferably started from quick moves such as Jab or Short). Anti-throw option.
    - if you're closer and your character has a quick enough foot-speed, you can anticipate their jump attack and walk behind the opponent as they land and throw them; will usually not work against cross-ups, but against all other jump attacks -- Kiryu's jumping Fierce in this case -- it's fair game.

When the opponent starts to time their jump later, you can:

- go air-to-air with a suitable air attack and look for a crouch cancel combo. Cody's Jab (very quick, 2 frames of start-up iirc) and Fierce (large hit-area) is great in this instance.
    - use an air throw
    - use an anti-air normal, and if required, use it early; Cody's standing Roundhouse, in this case.

This is all assuming the opponent is at a close distance. When further away Cody has more options for anti-air, but they are largely opponent-dependant: standing Roundhouse (your best far distance anti-air option outside of VCs), crouching Forward, crouching Roundhouse, vertical jumping Fierce and Forward.

Also, keep in mind Cody's anti-air VCs; they are very damaging, can lead to the infinite -- with the right set-up -- and are probably your most effective weapon againt Gen's wall jumping specials.

Speaking of VCs, remember that Cody has 2 main starters for his anti-air versions.
    The first, you should know, is the crouching Strong, or Jab if you're waking up-> Roundhouse Ruffian Kick etc. And the second can be used when the opponent is slightly farther away: crouching Roundhouse-> T+Roundhouse-> whiffed Forward Ruffian Kick-> standing Fierce-> etc.; or crouching Roundhouse-> standing Fierce-> whiffed Forward Ruffian Kick-> etc.
    Didn't think about ducking or walking under them.

I think what throws me off about Alpha 3 is that I'm used to playing games without a guard bar. Usually if people are doing strange/random shit, I can just sit and block it, but that gets me GC'ed very quickly in this game especially since I use V-Cody. Not used to having to stuff everything preemptively.
    I don't know what it is, but I've never had so much trouble anti-airing in a game before.

2 Cody videos though, very nice. First time I've seen a high level Cody player who wasn't getting his ass kicked.

I noticed he was only using VC1. Any idea why?
    Easier CC's?

That Sagat player had a nasty trick where he basically forced you take a bunch of unscaled damage near the end of the VC.
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    I was wondering if a V-Sak who has just juggled her opponent to the corner from standard vc can just go straight from back+fierce, short 'canes into a cc trap, bypassing the neutral fierce, fbs even with extra meter left.

I ask because Im having real trouble transitioning to and not puffing up the FBs. Or perhaps is there another corner juggle that doesnt involve FBs?

If the bottom line is I just need to get the FP, FB down that's cool. But if an easier way exists I want to know! :)

Thanks
    USF4: Still soul searching. Thus far... Yun, Chun, and Akuma.
    UMvC3 mains: Morrigan Doom Vergil, Magneto Doom Ammy, Morrigan Doom Magneto
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    UMK3: Kabal, H.Smoke, Jax, almost everyone. Chess: 1. c4
    -snip-
    The problem with doing tatsu's in the corner is that you will cross-up your opponent and then anything you do afterward will whiff. It's because special moves and some normals will force a ground cross-up if they move the character forward.

However, if you don't mind the damage loss you can just go strait into her CC trap as soon as you get near the corner. And if you start in the corner, you still can just go strait into the CC trap.

Regardless, you're still going to have to whiff at least one fireball in order to get a good CC setup. But after that, you can just keep doing the [j.SP, walk cancel till shadow hits] over and over untill you run out of meter, then do the j.FP's, c.FP xx sakura otoshi

You technically can skip the corner loops pretty easily as long as you stand outside of sweep range from the corner, but the closer you start to the corner the less damage you will get.
    Let's play.
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    ok guys I need serious help!!
    So ive been playing alpha for quite some time now and I play with my friend and well the problem is that grabs a hell lot and I just cant seem to get out.
    ex. he jumps in with ken and does a j.rh I blockand he grabs my ass everytime
    I mean im in blockstun for so long its seems impossible to get out!

il try everything ...mash PPP or KKK like crazy ..jab... anything!!! it does not work, sometimes il tech hit.....not very often..this also happens in alpha 2(we play anthology) another thing that pisses me off is he does an empty jump-in and
    grabs me first...Why ? help? please?
    ok guys I need serious help!!
    So ive been playing alpha for quite some time now and I play with my friend and well the problem is that grabs a hell lot and I just cant seem to get out.
    ex. he jumps in with ken and does a j.rh I blockand he grabs my ass everytime
    I mean im in blockstun for so long its seems impossible to get out!

il try everything ...mash PPP or KKK like crazy ..jab... anything!!! it does not work, sometimes il tech hit.....not very often..this also happens in alpha 2(we play anthology) another thing that pisses me off is he does an empty jump-in and
    grabs me first...Why ? help? please?
    There's good news and there's bad news.

Good news is you can jump out of throws. You can also reversal them with a move that either has first-frame invulnerability or first-frame off-the-ground.

Plus, you can get used to pressing the throw command and also pressing it at the right time, in order to tech/throw option select. Practice just standing and throwing over and over from a distance in training mode untill you get 100% whiffed throws (no whiff anything else). Also try setting the dummy to throw a fireball, block, then throw when you come out of blockstun.

In the example of Ken jumping in with RH, you can hold up+back (or just up, if you have a good air game) to avoid getting thrown.

As for teching, often times you will fail at a tech because you didnt press the buttons at the same time (direction + 2k or 2p, actually -- not 3p/k) or because you timed it wrong.

Playing as Ken against the CPU AI or another opponent and trying to be very aggressive with throws may help a lot with timing and spacing. EG. playing as Ken yourself and learning him well might improve how you react to him when you're playing against him.

The very basic of throw theory is that throws counter blocking, since you can't block throws. So in theory you would force them to block, or force them to assume they need to block, and then throw them while they are trying to block.

Bad news is throws are designed to be good. If your opponent is in an advantegous position for a throw in the first place, you're already in a bad spot and will have to do some guessing.

Let's take a look at some permutations after you block a j.RH:

- They attack with a meaty punch
    If you jump > you get hit
    If you attack > you get hit
    If you throw > you get hit
    If you reveral > you beat their punch

- They throw
    If you jump > you get away
    If you attack > you get thrown
    If you throw > you get a tech (meaning damage and a reset position)
    If you reversal > you beat their throw

- They block/do nothing
    If you jump > you're in a vulnerable spot depending on direction and distance from corner
    If you attack > they block
    If you throw > could grab them, could whiff them, depends on distance
    If you reversal > you are in a very vulnerable position for big punishment

Now, there's also the odd variable of the opponent putting you in blockstun, then using a high priority/invulnerable move like a DP that will stuff any of your actions other than block. But therein lies the psychic DP and it's very punishable if you do indeed block.

Meanwhile, it's important to point out that in A3 there are two very important features to certain throws :

1 ) Some throws are "Slam" throws and will damage you a lot reguardless of weather you tech or not.

2 ) Against a lot of throws, teching will put you in a "reset" falling state where you fall on your feet -- much like getting hit out of the air by a normal move. You can't act but you're invulnerable untill you hit the ground. The importance of this is that characters with very good mix-ups or rushdown/pressure games are going to see this as an opportunity/advantage.

Basically, while you're landing from a tech they get the drop on you. But again this just applies to some throws, not all.

SO what's the solution?

WELL, either don't allow yourself to be trapped in those throw situations in the first place, or take a guess and hope you're right.

In the example of Ken's j.RH, your best option for avoiding a throw is to counter the j.RH -- if you don't, you're going to have to guess what to do next.

[edit] There's some advanced stuff associated with this, involving option selects or vc activations, but ehhh... yeah..
    Let's play.
    while we're on throws. why is it that 'slam' throws sometimes make the other guy bounce up strangely when you end a juggle or combo with them and sometimes they don't.
    That happens when they tech it I believe.
    actually it happens whether they tech or not. =/
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    ok thanks for the help guys I kinda use what you posted but not well enough the thing is I play with V-Dhalsim and I got no good reversal moves....but I do have VC...problem is I cant do his midscreen Vc at all :(
  • Lv.32 Z-Ism RoseLv.32 Z-Ism Rose Soul Spark! Joined: Posts: 342
    while we're on throws. why is it that 'slam' throws sometimes make the other guy bounce up strangely when you end a juggle or combo with them and sometimes they don't.

I always thought it was because of counter hits. Guy's Izuna drop is a slam, and the opponent doesnt fly too high. Unless I am mistaken, if he does counterhit cr strong->Izuna Drop, then the properties of the counterhit apply to the slam, causing the victim to fly a bit further. I think you can combo afterwards, but I am not sure.....:sweat:
    SFA3: V-Cammy, A-Rose, A-Zangief (pad)
    SF3-3S: Hugo (SA1) stick, Yang (SA2) pad, Ryu (SA1)

Pad>Sticks :lol:
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ you're right.

Throws can store the high "bounce" or hit-reel the opponent is put in after counterhit or during VC.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    Chun Li, Rose and Honda all bounce in unusual ways after being grabbed by Akuma's demon flip move (punch version).

edit: Ultimate Zero Direction is in October on the 7th and 8th:
    http://www.mfr.bz/uz6/
    Cape (Bison) also falls weird after getting grabbed by Karin's 360+K grab.
    Let's play.
  • ssjtinssjtin Joined: Posts: 198
    hey does anyone hav nibor's notes on cody because i would really like them and the site for download is down. Anybody?
    hey does anyone hav nibor's notes on cody because i would really like them and the site for download is down. Anybody?
    You could try PM'ing Nibor, or if you use AIM you could try him there.
    Let's play.
    Ask him if he could rapidshare the notes/videos in one big zip or something, because I'd like to see them as well.
    I dunno if you're gonna be able to get a hold of him though. His last post was in like 2005. Who knows if he even comes here anymore.

Or hell, if anyone else has the notes/videos. Zip 'em and share 'em. We'd appreciate it a lot.
    2-on-2 vids up at a-cho if nobody checked back after the first set of vids.
  • Nagata Lock IINagata Lock II Godfather Of The GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,967
    I just started using V Ryu and I had a couple of questions:

- How do I ensure that c.mp xx Hurricane Kick chains into another c.mp xx Hurricane Kick?

- Is there a particular method to combo FK xx fireball?

- When I use the corner VC I thought it was activate - C.MK xx fireball - FK xx fireball - FK xx fireball - rince and repeat. Unfortunately I only get it to reset over and over. Is it just a matter of doing it quickly or is there a trick to it?

I'm sure this is within the thread but it's massive and the search function wasn't very helpful. I'd appreciate any help that you guys could provide as I'm training up for a tournament in a month.
    Canadian eSports Events Co-Ordinator.
    Canadian Gaming Community Discord: https://discord.gg/Q82vTdk
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NagataLockII
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/nagatalockii
    Words to live by: DON'T FALL FOR HIS GIMMICKS!
    Gotta do it pretty fast, but the combo is c. MK xx fireball - f. MK xx Fireball, f. MK xx fireball, etc.

I think you have the notation confused. RH is the short for fierce kick. FK is actually forward kick which is actually medium kick. Neither MK or RH are cancellable into his fireball, and neither is his hopkick outside of a VC.
  • Nagata Lock IINagata Lock II Godfather Of The GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,967
    Gotta do it pretty fast, but the combo is c. MK xx fireball - f. MK xx Fireball, f. MK xx fireball, etc.
    OK so I am doing it right then. Do I have to activate a particular way? I recall seeing notes about VC1, VC2, VC3. Does it make that much of a difference?
    I think you have the notation confused. RH is the short for fierce kick. FK is actually forward kick which is actually medium kick. Neither MK or RH are cancellable into his fireball, and neither is his hopkick outside of a VC.
    Nope, my notation is right. I was watching Daigo use FK xx Fireball in a standard combo outside of VC. I could get FK xx DP to work but not fireball. So again, if there's a particular trick to this, I'd like to know.

Thanks for the help bud. I really appreciate it. You should come to ORBIT for the Alpha 3 tournament on 10/14 or the A3 team tournament on 10/28.
    Canadian eSports Events Co-Ordinator.
    Canadian Gaming Community Discord: https://discord.gg/Q82vTdk
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NagataLockII
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/nagatalockii
    Words to live by: DON'T FALL FOR HIS GIMMICKS!
    You use VC1 for that one I believe, and Daigo likely got a counter-hit, that's why he was able to link the hadouken.
    Counter hits put the opponent in to a sort of extended hit stun.