Alpha 3: Q & A

Comments

• ShadowbreakerShadowbreaker Ebeneezer Goode Joined: Posts: 18
    How does one reliably hit confirm into supers? Just as an example - if I'm playing Ken I can do :lp: -> :qcf::lk: ->:qcf::p: for shoryureppa, which is fine. However doing the same thing but with :lp: second causes a hadoken to come out, and since there's no super cancelling in Alpha, this can be a problem. Now this isn't a problem with Ken but with Ryu I found that his :lk: doesn't cancel so I can't do the same thing to lead into shinku hadoken. Is there a work around for this, like delaying the input of the movement or punch/kick button?
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it works with Ryu, you just have to be more strict in your timing to make sure you get a crouching light kick and not a standing one, because he can't cancel the latter.

If you want to cancel with LP into shoryuu reppa, you have to make sure you don't trigger negative edge- basically, hold onto the LP button, because if you release it it counts as the same as a button press. Otherwise, timing is about the same as above. Same reason you don't accidentally get shinryuuken, since the timing is similar, and it's the same command.
  • ShadowbreakerShadowbreaker Ebeneezer Goode Joined: Posts: 18
    Is negative edge where you get 2 moves out of 1 button press? Like sometimes if I go crouching fierce into qcf it will throw a hadoken even though I didn't press P a second time.
    Right. Releasing a button counts as a separate input when it comes to special moves, so if you accidentally do qcf+release, it's the same as qcf+button.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,250
    So can Cammy do Cannon Spike on Wakeup? I don't know if it's just not possible or if my execution is just sloppy.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • dman1963dman1963 Tiger................................. Joined: Posts: 98
    So can Cammy do Cannon Spike on Wakeup? I don't know if it's just not possible or if my execution is just sloppy.
    Cammy can do cannon spike on wake up... you might need to go into training and do cannon strike drills...
    (SF2 Series) Claw, Sagat (SFA series)Sagat, Adon,Gouki, Claw (SF3series)- Gouki, Dudley
    (SFIV Series ) Adon, Sagat, Claw, Dudley (SFex series) Gouki,Sagat, Claw, Darun
    Rushdown, Zoning, Grappling, Poking, I can do it all...lol
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,250
    Cammy can do cannon spike on wake up... you might need to go into training and do cannon strike drills...
    Must be my timing then. Laptop lag plus the fact that I'm using a Mayflash doesn't help.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    ccfsQ.png
    Biggest possible guard bar in A3 before the graphics glitch out.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Biggest possible guard bar in A3 before the graphics glitch out.
    Huh! I always did wonder what Honda keeps under his towel.
  • dman1963dman1963 Tiger................................. Joined: Posts: 98
    Must be my timing then. Laptop lag plus the fact that I'm using a Mayflash doesn't help.

oh ok. you have lag on top of lag to overcome....
    (SF2 Series) Claw, Sagat (SFA series)Sagat, Adon,Gouki, Claw (SF3series)- Gouki, Dudley
    (SFIV Series ) Adon, Sagat, Claw, Dudley (SFex series) Gouki,Sagat, Claw, Darun
    Rushdown, Zoning, Grappling, Poking, I can do it all...lol
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 778
    Hello!
    There are questions.
    Tell me what is the difference Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation (Best Price) (Release Date 11/15/07) from the usual street fighter alpha anthology (Release Date 06/13/06)?
    It fixes some bugs or something fixed a?
    Here is the cover
    frontzzz.jpg

SF Zero: Fighter's Generation has more/different games in it.

Street Fighter Zero (Unlockable Hyper SF: Zero)
    Street Fighter Zero 2 (Unlockable US version SF: Alpha 2)
    Street Fighter Zero 2 ALPHA (Unlockable...other version of SFZero2 ALPHA)
    Street Fighter Zero 3 (Unlockable SF: Zero 3 Upper)
    Pocket Fighter

Japanese version also has command lists when you press pause. It's an overall more complete package, not that it matters much.

So basically, JP version = 9 games, US version = 6.
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

Guard Bar Notes
    This will explain why I had that edit earlier.

Took a quick look at the math for the guard data everyone has a base value with the ism doing the the addition or subtraction to the meter. I haven't looked that much into it yet but so far everyone's guard meter addition/subtraction is the same.

Ryu guard is 44 (68 in decimal) if it is A-ism or V-ism we subtract 8. For X-ism we add 18(24 Decimal)
    Also those little notches in the guard meter actually mean something as it tells you the actual number for the meter in hex of course.

Edit:
    Guard Bar Location for those that want to mess around
    5F932 (rom 4)

There is a damage table below I don't know for what though probably stun.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    Can you tell me what this is and how I can use it:

25foutx.png
    That is a Lua Script, but one I haven't seen before. That is very rough and using an old version of dammit's Hitbox Script too.

edited September 2013
    Been working on my own version of an A3 script for FBA-RR and Mame-RR.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/65c66lmwtf3lgf3/A3script.zip
    Be sure to have the DLLs in the same place as the emulator exe.

EjR2Ivf.png
    If I would give this a version number 0.80 beta.

Mame RR
    Once you loaded your rom up in mame rr you default settings for loading a lua is Ctrl+L and load up the Alpha 3 Main.Lua.
    You might want to edit the hot keys that is in the User interface section of the configure controls.

Fba RR
    File Load Lua then load Alpha 3 Main.Lua

Notes
    Lua Hot Key 1 toggles the movelist
    Lua Hot Key 2 Turns on Framedata

Refilling meter is as simple as clicking the refill button.

To Do
    Various Bug fixes
    More Character Mechanics(Just a fireball check right now)
    Hit boxes
    Air teching
    Better Movelist
    Savestate button
    Detect if it is using Fba and disable transparency on text.
    Combo Damage

Maybe
    Better Scrolling Input
    Settings Menu.

I have info for but unlikely
    Jump Arcs

• LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    @jedpossum Thanks alot for this. It's really useful, but anytime I do a special attack it crashes. I even did a cr. hp and it crashed. Is there a way to fix this?
    edited December 2013
    @Lemres FBA or Mame?
    Which Character?

jedpossum wrote: »
    @Lemres FBA or Mame?
    Which Character?
    @jedpossum I'm using Karin on FBA-RR v007
    edited December 2013
    Only thing I can think of is the move list is taking too much resources cause of the transparency.

Try replacing karin's movelist.lua with this one.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/yko46gzmh7qj4t9/movelist.lua

Just go in a3script folder and look for karin's folder.

Edit:
    @Lemres hopefully this to make him notice quicker.
    Post edited by jedpossum on

edited January 2014
    Vegascup's channel uploaded some one-man-kumite type videos featuring Version (aka VER) facing off against a few interesting players. VER is best-known as a V-ISM Cody player (beast), but plays some of everyone, as he displays in the videos.

P1 will pick a character and stick with them, and VER will play the entire cast in a set order, only moving on to the next character after a loss. P1 gets 15 continues, while VER gets to run through the entire cast (28 characters for the arcade version of A3). It's an interesting take on a first-to-X set.

Character order (p2): Honda, Juni, Dan, Birdie, Juli, Balrog, R. Mika, Chun-li, Guy, Ryu, Rose, Blanka, Zangief, Sagat, Akuma, Rolento, M. Bison, Karin, Adon, Sakura, Ken, Dhalsim, Cammy, Charlie, Gen, Vega, Sodom, Cody.

vs Amamiya (V-ISM Juli)
    vs Kayaman (A-ISM Balrog)
    vs Kayaman (A-ISM & X-ISM Blanka)

Hopefully more videos to come.

edit:
    http://sfzero3.web.fc2.com/verdojo.htm see bottom of page. More matches incoming, including vs Sarada who is probably the best Ryu player in Japan. Should be fun.

edit2: also, I stumbled across an A-ISM tier listing on the site a while back:

http://sfzero3.web.fc2.com/zrank.htm
    svkt.png

I disagree with a few placings here and there. But while I was surprised to see where they ranked Sagat, I was also surprised that I couldn't really disagree much with the placing.
    Post edited by TS on
  • 8Bit8Bit Joined: Posts: 72
    Hey TS thanks a lot for the post. I thought A-Sagat wasn't that bad, a friend used him before moving to V-Sagat and it didn't seem bad at all. In the videos was nice to see some Juli in action, I was thinking I'll never see her in play.
    SSFIVAE: Ryu, Akuma
    SFA2: Ryu, Ken
    SSFIIT: Ryu
    SFIII3S: Yun
    UMVC3: Morri/Doom/Vergil
    @Jedpossum Sorry for the late reply. It still crashes. I was able to do her special but it seems the more I do it the more it escalates to a crash. Maybe it's the emulator I'm using idk.

Yeah I saw that tier list a while back and it was very interesting. As a Karin user, I feel that she's B. At most, B+ but I think B is more accurate. I believe Sakura should be with her as well. Also, it's weird that Cammy's B. Not really sure what she has that puts her in that tier range. Both her and Blanka should switch out with Sakura and Karin.
    edited January 2014
    Lemres wrote: »
    @Jedpossum Sorry for the late reply. It still crashes. I was able to do her special but it seems the more I do it the more it escalates to a crash. Maybe it's the emulator I'm using idk.

Got rid of somethings that were causing problems in the A2 script. This replaces the main script.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/l2b3lb1oll6j0jl/Alpha 3 Main.lua

Anyway I'm working on making it easier to make these types of scripts.

Got rid of somethings that were causing problems in the A2 script. This replaces the main script.

@jedpossum Ok so tested it again and there was no crashing at all. So it must've been the command inputs at the side that caused the crash. This is just my guess, but it works fine now. Are you going to try to add frame data to it? Like whether there's a hit or block advantage/disadvantage a move has?
    edited February 2014

@jedpossum Ok so tested it again and there was no crashing at all. So it must've been the command inputs at the side that caused the crash. This is just my guess, but it works fine now. Are you going to try to add frame data to it? Like whether there's a hit or block advantage/disadvantage a move has?

I'm busy rewriting all of it, and doing what ever else catches my interest as well.
    This isn't Alpha 3, but I can port it easily to any game that uses a similar engine.
    uLbATtK.png

• free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    Which default speed are used in tournaments in Zero 3 for CPS-2?
    edited August 2014
    (nine years later) @free_man
    Default speed is Turbo 2
    edited August 2014
    Vid

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlrsod8wuqluyvg/A3 Character Select Hack.zip

These patches remove the counter hit flash and changes the character select screen.

Character select differences
    Adds Balrog, Juni, and Juli to the screen with graphics
    Able to loop back on character select screen
    Shared random character select on the bottom left
    Post edited by jedpossum on

• Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 785
    Cool! Is this hack usable on GGPO/Supercade?
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
    Yes, but both players have to have it. I tested it yesterday with a friend.

Here is the save state we used

• Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 785
    Thanks!
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice!
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    So how do i get enough hits with Karin's crouch cancels to get 50% meter? From vids, you need to get 11 j.HK's, but i can only get around 6-8 or so before they fall too low. From observation, you have to get the first few j.HK's as you are descending, but even still i cant seem to get to work. Am i just doing it too slow? I've managed to get it a couple times but thats it. There are some other times where i felt ive kept them with at a good height with the j.HK's but i fuck up the crouch cancel, but i don't know if im doing anything different.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,741
    edited January 2015
    For the arcade version, are there any settings or cheats I can use to make the 2P auto-tech in the air?
    I don't have my PS2 copy with me in this state.

I'm trying to properly learn to crouch cancel infinite, but besides dealing with an AI opponent reading my inputs all the time (making it hard to practice), I don't know any other way to indicate if I'm doing it correctly.

I'm using FBA right now, but I could put it on mame if there's a setting available on that.
    Post edited by Darklightjg1 on
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For the arcade version, are there any settings or cheats I can use to make the 2P auto-tech in the air?

I'm trying to properly learn to crouch cancel infinite, but besides dealing with an AI opponent reading my inputs all the time (making it hard to practice), I don't know any other way to indicate if I'm doing it correctly.

I'm using FBA right now, but I could put it on mame if there's a setting available on that.

If you're playing on a laptop you could probably do something crazy like setting a key to flip and using your toe to try and tech while doing CCs on your stick lol
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604

Practise CCs by having a Classic-ism character as your dummy and landing a mid-air counter. If your CCs are performed properly, you'll be able to juggle.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,741
    Thanks. I downloaded a key repeater program to help make a setup where P2 constantly techs out of the air. I'll try the classic-ism method as well.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,781
    Anybody still have the AAA3 guide book zip file?
    I make Jazz-Hop/Soul-Hop: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,652
    are there any youtube channels or streams of new high level alpha 3 play?