Cammy notes

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
Links to guide by HK's best

http://www.fightclub.com.pk/media/data/689/16717DSC00034-med.JPG
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/thread41327.php

far s.MK 800 +1/+1
7/2/17

This move isn't bad. far s.MP is better though.

close s.MK 800 +2/+2
5/2/16

The only reason you'll ever be getting this move is if you attempt an alpha counter, but the opponent wasn't attacking. The F+MP+MK input makes a s.MK come out. Cammy is one of the few characters who is totally safe attempting something like this. Yielding +2 on the block, close s.MK is unpunishable by any character when the kick makes contact.

far s.MP 800/+5/+5
4/4/11

Hits fast. Good against Sagat when blocked. Only a factor against characters who can't duck it.

d.LP 200/+5/+5
3/4/6

Cammy's fastest normal other than close s.LP. Her d.LK hits in 4 frames (4/4/8 is a slow as Blanka's).

d.LK 200 +3/+3 o/o/o
4/4/8
16 total frames

Regardless of how slow this move starts up, Cammy's fast hopping dash more that makes up for it. This is also Cammy's hands down best low hitting move at close range. Short, short, level 2 is all a C-Cammy player has to know.

d.MP 700 +7/+7
4/4/9
17 total animation frames (!)

Hits one frame slower than d.LP. Excellent when blocked. This is the shortest lasting medium attack in the entire game. Cammy can build meter by whiffing this as safely as most other characters would whiff jabs.

d.MK 700 0/0 x/o/o
4/7/13
24 total animation frames

Fantastic move to abuse. It hits low and fast, is cancelable, and it hits meatier than d.MP.

close s.MP 700,600/0/0
4/4/16

Don't worry when you get this move by accident. You're still 100% safe, even when JD'd. Just be ready to tech throw.

close s.HP 1000/+10/+10
3/4/10
17 total animation frames (!)

This move is cheap. No explaination needed. It hits faster than her MP attacks with only 3 frame startup. At only 17 total frames, I think it's the fastest non-jab, normal in the game. Only 4 total hitting frames though, so it's not very meaty. Not a problem as Cammy can still feel free to whiff a million of these over a fallen body and still be safe.

-close s.HP, walk up slightly, d.MP, d.MK xx LK drill
99% safe. Cannon spike if the opponent tries anything silly after. Especially if they try to throw you... ha!

far s.HP 1100/+9/+9
3/10/9
22 total frames

This move is just as good as the close one. Better even. The 10 hit frames allow for a fat meaty hit (use just the tip, link super after).

far s.HK 1100,1000/-8/-8
5/10/22

Hit in 5 frames (fast) and has great range. Also lasts for a very long time.

=============

Cannon Spike
LK- 1400 4/23/22 4~3
MK- 1500 4/28/28 4~3
HK- 1600 4/33/35 8 frames total body

HK version is the best one for anti-air. LK version has more horizontal range and the necessary lower body invincibility to defeat your opponent's ground moves. Make sure you use the right versions in each situation.

Spiral Arrow
LK- 1200, 1100 8/23/19 -18
MK- 1300, 1200 8/23/20 -19
HK- 300+1300 8/23/23 -20

Hits low.

Disregard close damage number. Always use one hit far versions. HK does the most damage. How the heck can Cammy be at a magic distance where she's safe after having LK version blocked? -18 is a lot of recovery right? Actually Cammy can be at upwards of +5 after having one of these blocked. The trick is to hit with only the end frames of the move. Note the 23 total hit frames. This move lasts a long time.

Dive kicks +10/+10 (all versions)
12/until ground/4

Not as good as Yun's or Sakura's...

-Meaty HK dive kick (max range), d.MK xx drill
3 hit combo.

================
Techniques to master:
================
-run in cannon spike
After a blocked close s.HP or far s.MP for example.

-DPing jumpins and crossups
Always duck down when dping from the front to get the deepest hit possible. Will allow you to DP jumpins even when your back is to the corner.

Go for dping crossup trick (roll from F~DB+K) ONLY when opponent is jumping over you at point blank range. Regular DP motion suffices at all other ranges.

>>>Walk under is Cammy's best crossup defense anyway.<<<

Mai and Vega have extremely fast jumps. Practice DPing them from the front AND when they jump straight up, falling HK.

Mistakes in CvS2 book:
-far s.HP is special cancelable at beginning frames. Book says move is x/x/o.
-book says close s.MK is x/x/o. That's just plain wrong. Should be x/o/o. Doesn't matter because that move sucks anyway.

==============
Other notables:
==============

-Cammy has the hands down best anti-run defense in the entire game.

Far s.HP

At only 22 total animation frames, this move is amazingly quick to whiff and there is no risk of being rolled through. Having 10 total hit frames, it's one of the longest lasting moves in the game. Yielding an amazing +9 on the hit or block, frame advantage on normal moves doesn't get much better than this either.

If Cammy hits a running opponent, the game registers the fierce as a counter hit (even when the opponent isn't pressing any buttons), adding even more to the frame advantage.

EASILY link a level 3 super after landing one of these attacks. You have a very, very large window of frame advantage where the opponent won't be able to do a thing, nevermind block. Cheap!

======
Combos:
======

I go for this a lot: (so nobody steal it you thieves!)

-meaty d.MP, link far s.HP, link level 3 super
far s.HP yields +9. Even when it's blocked the pattern is still good. Just dash after instead of doing the super in that case.

-c.LK, c.LK xx HK drill
You can do from behind this after landing a level 3, then doing dash, dash. I should make a section labeled "dash craziness" next...

-c.MP, c.MK xx HK drill
Just as good as the above. Seriously. The frame data is the same. Both combos start with a 4 frame move. I do short, short because I'm more used to playing characters like Sakura or Iori. Helps me decide whether my attacks are hitting or not. In theory c.MP, c.MK should be just as good though!

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    a few question for j00:

What groove do you play cammy on. P? K? S?

What kind of advantage do you get from her qcb+k (in air)?

Is Cammy's wake up throw abusable?

On wake up offense does cammy have anything that can beat a dragon punch? (i.e. while sagat gets up)?

Can you offer any good super setups cancels whatever? I feel like my cammy has a good thing going for her, but I get kinda messed up sometimes because I play C groove and I keep baiting the jump so I can do her rising cannon super. Sometimes, a roundhouse knocks me the funk out of it, any ideas?

Dash or Run? Roll or not?
  • HoneyBBQGrundleHoneyBBQGrundle Coco's dead! Joined: Posts: 980
    Originally posted by Napalm Kid
    a few question for j00:

What kind of advantage do you get from her qcb+k (in air)?

On wake up offense does cammy have anything that can beat a dragon punch? (i.e. while sagat gets up)?

Can you offer any good super setups cancels whatever? I feel like my cammy has a good thing going for her, but I get kinda messed up sometimes because I play C groove and I keep baiting the jump so I can do her rising cannon super. Sometimes, a roundhouse knocks me the funk out of it, any ideas?

Her dive kick is good to close gaps, try to bait AAs, build meter, it's good against a lot of characters like Sagat for one. Her cannon spike should beat a Sagat dp if timed right, but blocking is a much better counter lol. She can land supers off a ridiculous amount of moves. You should not have any trouble just look for a connected close or far st fp, hop in and do cr lk and if they hit cancel, punish whiffs with her st rh to super, link a cr mp to cr lk to super...... Cammy's too easy
    I do want to play Barbie Horse Adventures.
    close s.MK is good!

Do close s.MK when the opponent gets up (it's pretty much impossible to do as meaty considering it only has 2 hitting frames). The opponent thinks they can hit you after, but you counter hit them with d.MP!
    Originally posted by Napalm Kid

S-groove, because I can do dodge xx standing fierce times one million.

Do walk back slightly, walk forward, throw on wake up.

Anything meaty. You're betting that Sagat isn't going to be able to pull off a one frame reversal. Up super or HK cannon spike if you want to challenge him. Rub up against his leg to make the other guy feel uncomfortable if you're gay.
    I'm partial to dash, but run is just as good. hmm... would you use Cammy's roll by itself? Don't roll cancel too much with Cammy. Don't roll cancel anything outside the drill (people who tell you to roll cancel the hcb+P move need to be shot).
  • RaidenRaiden Joined: Posts: 86
    Originally posted by kcxj

... would you use Cammy's roll by itself? Don't roll cancel too much with Cammy. Don't roll cancel anything outside the drill (people who tell you to roll cancel the hcb+P move need to be shot).

Not even a Cannon Spike? I can't RC yet anyway, I'm just askin. and ditto on shooting people who RC hcb+P.
    A True Warrior Enters the Arena with ALL of his powers at the ready . . .
    - Gouki, SFA the Movie
    Why would you feel the need to RC a cannon spike? it already has enough invincibility.. Rcing it just makes it slower...
    quick question about s.HK xx super

Okay, so the motion i use when i do s.HP xx super is qcf+HP, then qcf+MK. Or just s.HP then qcfx2+MK...

but when i try to cancel s.HK, i always get cannon drill. what motion should i be using for this cancel?

i thought you'd know kcxj
  • HoneyBBQGrundleHoneyBBQGrundle Coco's dead! Joined: Posts: 980
    Originally posted by kilokore

but when i try to cancel s.HK, i always get cannon drill. what motion should i be using for this cancel?

You can't really buffer it in any practical way that I can think of, so the way I do it and probably the best way is just do the super motion real quick after the st rh.
    I do want to play Barbie Horse Adventures.
    Originally posted by kilokore
    quick question about s.HK xx super

Okay, so the motion i use when i do s.HP xx super is qcf+HP, then qcf+MK. Or just s.HP then qcfx2+MK...

i thought you'd know kcxj
    Don't mash on the buttons. The first thing you want to learn is the speed and rhythm to hitting the buttons. HK, then HK again (or MK for a level 2). The timing is "one... two", done relatively quick. It's basic two-in-one timing. Don't bother with the joystick motion just yet until you get a good feel for that.

Practice doing supers after next. qcf, d, df+MK/HK. Put two and two together after practicing both (proper button timing and joystick input) and you have your combo.

*Notice you don't have to do foward+K at the end for the super to come out. You can stop at down-forward.
    I don't know if this is the right thread to ask in but does anyone know the frame advantage/disadvantage on a blocked meaty spinning backfist? Or doesn't it do enough guardbar damage to bother with? Seems to take pretty big chunks off though, especially when you're raged.
    Here you go.

hcb+P knockdown/+8 (all versions)

LP- 44/[3/8]/8
    airborne 14~33
    full body invincibility 1~2
    partial 3~33

MP- 45/[3/8]/8
    airborne 14~34
    full body 1~2
    partial 3~34

HP- 46/[3/8]/8
    airborne 14~35
    full body 1~2
    partial 3~35

This is the most useless move Cammy has in my opinion... No point learning the data.
    Hey kcxj, how about some anti cammy strats? C and K groove thanks.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Would RCing her Hooligan Combination be worthwhile?
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
    Why RC with Cammy at all? She has FIERCE and roundhouse. Remember that RC's are only invincible for a split second during the startup and startup only. If Vega does RC crystal flash against me, that doesn't mean I'm going automatically block. I stand at midrange and hit him with whatever I want. If you're going to RC, it's only useful to RC when you're at close range. Cammy's hooligan roll is a move best used at midrange. RCing it is the most useless, waste of energy thing you can possibly do.

To anybody who needs anti-Cammy strats, sorry, but I'm not qualified to give them out. :( Any player (even little girls), playing any groove Cammy owns me for free. At ECC, I saw good players use Sagat and do far s.HP xx super on reaction to any whiffed Cammy far s.HK. Ohnuki does run up, sweep on reaction to whiffed far s.HK. When I play against Cammy, I try to fight at the range so her far s.HK whiffs but close enough so that any LK drill she does, I can punish with a four frame low attack always.

Against K-Cammy's who run at me all day, then jump in and try to JD everything I do, I horribly, horribly suck though. Nobody ever taught me how to fight against that stuff when they were teaching me CvS2. lol... somebody make me notes on how to beat players like that first, then I'll give out all my anti-Cammy strats.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Only thing she has worth RCing, if you feel like putting out the effort then, is her cannon drill? I use K/A-Cammy, mainly K though.

How useful is c.mp, c.lk, Hooligan Combo whiffed Dive Kick? I saw Ino do it a couple of times on the Evo2k3 DVD. Was he trying to bait out DPs or a response that he could Cannon Spike?
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The problem with most Anti Cammy char that I know of people dont play that much anymore besides Guile.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • gig4lsgig4ls Joined: Posts: 415
    Frame info

I was just wondering...since I'm not that great at the game and can't do supers quickly, I just wanted to get an idea of how fast I can do the moves. I can do a qcf*2+k on reaction after the close and far hp's, but I can't do it on reaction after the far hk.
    What's the difference in terms of frames, or window of time that I have to do the inputs?
    My cat has better footsies than me.
    You don't need frame data to tell you this. The difficulty of getting the super is, from easiest to most difficult:

close HP
    far HP
    far HK
    crouch MK
  • eightysixeightysix Team Nanpa Seiken Joined: Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Burghy
    You don't need frame data to tell you this. The difficulty of getting the super is, from easiest to most difficult:

close HP
    far HP
    far HK
    crouch MK

C.LK is also a viable link to super. It's as easy to do on reaction as C-Ken's level 2 cancel. Well, for her, it's a link not a cancel. Negative edge that shit. :)
    お前はもう死んでいる。
    You're already dead.
    c.LK, c.LK xx level 2 is the most common way I land my supers. Counter hit close s.HP, link level 3 after that. Don't try to be all fancy or anything. Just do whatever you need to do to win. The easier the better.
  • gig4lsgig4ls Joined: Posts: 415
    The easier the better.

Assuming, of course, a reasonable degree of skill, right? :D

BTW, how does Chun Li's cr. mp xx qcf*2+lk compare to Cammy's s. hk xx qcf*2+hk in terms of difficulty?
    My cat has better footsies than me.
    Originally posted by gig4ls
    BTW, how does Chun Li's cr. mp xx qcf*2+lk compare to Cammy's s. hk xx qcf*2+hk in terms of difficulty?
    You're a new player? There's nothing special about Cammy's far s.HK xx super. It's a two-in-one cancel just like 90% of all the other combos into super in the game. Just make sure you're fast.

Chun d.MP xx super is probably easier because you're holding down already. With Cammy you have to be at neutral before you start your joystick motion. Just keep practicing. They'll both eventually feel so easy you won't even think about it anymore.
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    Originally posted by kcxj
    c.LK, c.LK xx level 2 is the most common way I land my supers. Counter hit close s.HP, link level 3 after that. Don't try to be all fancy or anything. Just do whatever you need to do to win. The easier the better.

you don't need a counter hit with the s.HP to link level three. As you mentioned before, her s.fp is some broken shit. You can close s.fp, walk up abit, link far s.fp, wait abit, link lvl3 super.

I use K, so i usually try to rush down, watch carefully for when i hit them with a sm.jp fp or s.fp, then super on reaction. I'm really surprised to not see more people do this...you have SO much time to see whether or not the s.FP hit that you won't accidentially waste your super.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    i love when i try to tech throw and land a counterhit close fierce.. then i realize what happened, then i hit c.MK xx super

http://s88281144.onlinehome.us/funny/ridiculous.gif

edit: kcxj: how's p-rolento/rugal/2cammy sound?
  • Mickey D'Mickey D' I feel for ya Mummy-B Joined: Posts: 1,828
    ragnafrak wrote:
    i love when i try to tech throw and land a counterhit close fierce.. then i realize what happened, then i hit c.MK xx super

http://s88281144.onlinehome.us/funny/ridiculous.gif

edit: kcxj: how's p-rolento/rugal/2cammy sound?

Not bad...however i've never seen any one use P Rugal...But Cammy is quite good in P groove thats for sure. You gotta be patient however and know how to zone good with Cammy. I get EATEN UP by people who throw fireballs at my P groove team....anyone got any strats for Cammy when people are throwing Hadouken's at ya? I don't have RC....and when i jump in they just AA me....

PS i really like that giv ragnafrak :D
  • BezerkaBezerka GRRRRRRR! Joined: Posts: 21
    Mickey D' wrote:
    I get EATEN UP by people who throw fireballs at my P groove team....anyone got any strats for Cammy when people are throwing Hadouken's at ya? I don't have RC....and when i jump in they just AA me....

Your best bet would be to try and low jump over them on reaction, or just parry and st hk if you are close enough, if you have super then its not to hard to super thru the fireball on reaction.

The spiral arrow can still pass under most fireballs, thou its pretty difficult to spiral arrow under hadoukens on reaction, and doing random spiral arrows hoping that the other guy will fireball at the same time isn't the safest thing in the world to do. Try to stay at the range where blocked spiral arrows cant be punished, that way if you guess wrong then its not so bad.

Unrelated: If you get an opening with cammy you can do cr mp cr mk xx lk spiral allow, you lose a little bit of damage but its puts you in perfect position for a sj lk meaty cross up, good to do once in a while. Her kick throw also sets up an ok cross up attempt if u dash once and do sj lk, can be hard to combo off thou.

Question:
    Far s.HP 1100/+9/+9
    3/10/9
    22 total frames

With this move, u know how it kinda has 2 different hitting animations, where her wrist isn't fully extended, (the part thats cancelable) and the part where her wrist is fully extended, does anyone know how many of of the 10 hitting frames does the first part of the hp use? This is a bit anal I guess but I just trying to work the frame advantage on the far hitting part.
    From the Brink
    Bezerka wrote:
    Your best bet would be to try and low jump over them on reaction, or just parry and st hk if you are close enough, if you have super then its not to hard to super thru the fireball on reaction.

The spiral arrow can still pass under most fireballs, thou its pretty difficult to spiral arrow under hadoukens on reaction, and doing random spiral arrows hoping that the other guy will fireball at the same time isn't the safest thing in the world to do. Try to stay at the range where blocked spiral arrows cant be punished, that way if you guess wrong then its not so bad.

Unrelated: If you get an opening with cammy you can do cr mp cr mk xx lk spiral allow, you lose a little bit of damage but its puts you in perfect position for a sj lk meaty cross up, good to do once in a while. Her kick throw also sets up an ok cross up attempt if u dash once and do sj lk, can be hard to combo off thou.

Question:
    Far s.HP 1100/+9/+9
    3/10/9
    22 total frames

With this move, u know how it kinda has 2 different hitting animations, where her wrist isn't fully extended, (the part thats cancelable) and the part where her wrist is fully extended, does anyone know how many of of the 10 hitting frames does the first part of the hp use? This is a bit anal I guess but I just trying to work the frame advantage on the far hitting part.

Woah the thead is pretty much done....Thanks for posting and telling me what I can do bud....It's great to see now (one month after the post i made) that i have improved where i'm not getting owned by spammed hadoukens with Cammy.... :rofl:

Anyways I really have no answer to your question....but your right that is kinda anal to know :rofl:

I wanted to ask for some mixups that you guys would think over and post up....my contribution:

- c.lkx2 spiral arrow, super jump straight up, hcb Hk, walk up throw. Great set up, shows that you control the tempo/pace of the match....

Do this about 2 times, and the person will start wanting to tech throw or c.lp/c.lk you out of it....thats when you mix things up....instead of going right into the throw, hesitate, then c.lkx2 spiral arrow...just mix things up.
    Cammy's for scrubs. I don't use her anymore. Scrubs have trouble against fellow scrubs who use Vega, so they pick Cammy and play even more scrubby for the win. Who cares about learning how to properly do a DP? JD, then repeatedly hit the fierce button instead.
    Geez Kcxj...thanks for the constructive information....

on another note dealing with Cammy mixup, after :

c.lk, c.lp, lk spiral arrow

You can SJ towards the opponent and cancel the SJ with HCB k....depending on where you pressed the HCB k...you will either crossup, landing behind your opponent, or you can land right in front of them. A pretty basic trick but very usefull as well.
  • Baltimore ChunBaltimore Chun SKILLS MADE FLESH Joined: Posts: 409
    BE nice your gonna hurt my feelings
    Leader of the Old School
    There is Strength in Numbers
    A BITCH......is a Bitch, is a bitch is a bitch.
    Oops, I didn't mean for you to read that. :rofl:

You know how to do all that stuff I said the bad Cammy players don't know how to though (DP instead of trying to JD everything), so my constructive information doesn't apply to you this time.

I dare anybody here in this forum to challenge Bmore with their A-Scrub teams by the way. RC Sak? Bring it. He'll still be eating free cheesesteaks with the money you end up giving to him. :bgrin:
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kcxj wrote:
    I dare anybody here in this forum to challenge Bmore with their A-Scrub teams by the way. RC Sak? Bring it. He'll still be eating free cheesesteaks with the money you end up giving to him. :bgrin:

if i lived up there, i'd take that challenge. but i guess we'll just have to wait til evo otherwise. no hate bmore, just had to call that one.
  • skisonicskisonic Joined: Posts: 1,131 mod
    popoblo wrote:
    if i lived up there, i'd take that challenge. but i guess we'll just have to wait til evo otherwise. no hate bmore, just had to call that one.

dont worry i gotchu
    Internationally known. East coast home.

I bet some people thank god for the internet and the keyboard everynight when they pray. "NOW I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT!" - big|dave
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    skisonic wrote:
    dont worry i gotchu

what's up christian? are you still in iowa? if so, i guess you're not coming to the cleveland tourney. but fugi is *hopefully* going to start throwing monthly tournies at a LAN cafe in columbus, so there will be more opportunities for you to come to OH for tournies.

peace

PS- sorry for taking this thread off course, i'll stick to PM's from now on.
    :rolleyes: Some C cammy stuff Ive seen first hand.?

like..... close standing Hp, then standing, HK. :confused: :encore:

works best in the corner...... If they try anything after a close stand HP, more than likely u will get a counter HK. duh?

So after a close standing HP, jump in with HP........ to gain more pressure?! If they jump, cammy gets a free air throw. IF not, u get a free jump-in......./if they dont AA u.

I used to get owned by this...../ still do. :tup:

exp. like.... close s.HP, then walk-up HP.....

close s.HP then jump in HP....... walk up throw. :sad:

Walk under jump-ins........ close s.HK "AA"

Oh yeah.... my favorite

float right out side of "far standing Roundhouse" range wait for a wiff...... then Bam "standing Roundhouse" :lame:

If u can super after wards......... :pray: :clap:

Sorry....... if my cammy strats are ,old and Basic..... Their not mine. :arazz:
    By using Cammy's easy combo:

c.lk, c.lp, lk spiral arrow

After this, normal jump over towards your opponent. Cammy lands either behind or in front of the opponent.

The crossup is totally ambigious.
    I found a trick using delayed inputs I'd like to share.

Cammy vs. Sakura

Cammy can easily duck the first and second hits on Sak's hard RC hurricane. Whenever the fight is at around midrange and Cammy feels a poorly distanced RC hurricane kick is coming (or has good reaction time and sees it), she can input a DP motion and keep the stick held at down-forward. Once the last hit of the hurricane kick reaches Cammy, all she has to do is to press HK and she will cleanly Cannon Spike.

When Cammy has no meter:

When you want to go low at point blank range (like walking foward as the opponent gets up or after a deep dive kick), why don't people use d.LK, d.LK xx dp+HK more often? It's a good, solid, and hit confirmable combo that does more damage than anything involving a Spiral Arrow.

Probably not as easy to follow up after as a Spiral Arrow combo at midscreen, but if Cammy has her opponent cornered, I don't see a reason to ever not use short, short xx Cannon Spike.
  • eightysixeightysix Team Nanpa Seiken Joined: Posts: 313
    kcxj wrote:
    When Cammy has no meter:

When you want to go low at point blank range (like walking foward as the opponent gets up or after a deep dive kick), why don't people use d.LK, d.LK xx dp+HK more often? It's a good, solid, and hit confirmable combo that does more damage than anything involving a Spiral Arrow.

Probably not as easy to follow up after as a Spiral Arrow combo at midscreen, but if Cammy has her opponent cornered, I don't see a reason to ever not use short, short xx Cannon Spike.

I think you're just looking at the small picture here. The reason why Spinal Arrow is better IMO is because it puts you in perfect range for locking down your oppenent with more crossups and wake-up games. With the Cannon Spike combo, you get a couple of hundred more damage. Big whoop. You just managed to push yourself AWAY from your oppenent putting you back a square one by letting your oppenent regain momentum. That's pretty much why I also go for s.HP xx Spinal Arrow as a whiff punisher instead of using s.HP xx Cannon Spike like everyone else does. People should start realizing that hard-hitting immediate damage is not as important as greater potential damage. But if you have super, you should just unload that shit instead of thinking of the next mixup. :karate:
    お前はもう死んでいる。
    You're already dead.