"Get Ready...Survive!" The New Garou: Mark of the Wolves Thread

Comments

• StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    what changes would you all like to see in a garou 2?
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,928
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    nefr jd by removing heath refill on initial jd and only after 3 consecutive succesful jd. JD>GC does not count as succeful JD

jd only can only be use once on multi hitting projectile, or suffer chip damage from projectile. (only one of them not both)

alter T.OP guage feature similar to console version with modification. s and p guage influence, mechanic unlock that use portion of top guage
    Small: attack power and top attack boost in dending on guage. Top Guage is red
    s guage; 1.25 attack and top attacks are overheads if done raw, exception to jea hoon, rock, kain which does addition guage damage (75%).
    p guage: 1.50 attack and top attack can't be JD, air jd stills possible
    mechanic unlock: Red top, inputting 123C+D will do Top attack that has faster start up if cancel into and is unblockable done raw (can be air JD). each usage will decrease the top gauge(total 1 usage)

Defualt: meter gauge modification and feint/tuant utility boost. Top Guage is Gold
    S guage: completed tuant will lower opponents guage a bit, attack/command break pssible
    P Guage: Tuants on KD store counter hit on next incoming attack, Feint cancel on all normals.
    Mechanic unlock: Gold Top, TOP Cancel, can cancel some commands into feint or super into Top attack. each usage will decrease the top gauge (total 2 usage) (use susceptible to counter hit frames if blocked)

Large guage: blue life regain, defensive A+B improvements. top gauge is blue.
    S guage: Damage reduction 0.25, 5/6A+B have projectile invulnerability,
    P Guage: damage reduction 0.50 No counter hit frames from A+B.
    Mechanic unlock: Blue T.O.P/: inputting CD during regular guard causes push back, each usage will decrease the top gauge(total 3 usage)
    T.O.P Regain : player can hold C+D to exchange any meter and top gauge for regular life. (can be done during time out judgement)
    T.O.P Escape: During any standing or knockdown hitstune with P guage and T.O.P Guage at its peak will activates blast of force immediately forfeiting Top Guage and reducing P gauge to S guage to escape any damage. ( Blast can be blocked, and soft knockdown).
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    edited April 2016
    keo-bas wrote: »
    nefr jd by removing heath refill on initial jd and only after 3 consecutive succesful jd. JD>GC does not count as succeful JD

jd only can only be use once on multi hitting projectile, or suffer chip damage from projectile. (only one of them not both)

alter T.OP guage feature similar to console version with modification.

interesting changes...I'm not sure I follow the logic behind them.

Of course taking away life regain on just defend would really be good for kain, (who's already very very strong) and im not sure how else it'd affect the tiers but I would imagine it would the gap even larger due to the low tier characters generally are more defensive and have less things to just defend. The reason I dont get the reasoning behind no life regen during multi hit projectiles is that the characters who have them already can chip out the opponent through using them meaty.
    ---

One thing I definitely would change unquestionably is just to take out the throw escape bug...

I'm not pro at analyzing character specific things and have no place to really offer highly insightful ideas but..

for kevin i would altogether remove his meter building cancel, slow down his teleport dash, lessen damage CONSIDERABLY on his supers, and worsen the hit box on his evasion moves possibly.

jenet- lessen her health to turn her more into a glass cannon type character. give longer recovery on her dp break.

grant-make his supers punishable on block.

kain- slightly reduced health, reduce super damage and top damage.

gato-make missed punch super more punishable, make dp break stricter timing, reduce damage on his qcb kick > b move so it leads to less damage for corner loops? or something... maybe make meter building tool very slightly more strict.

freeman- speed up his qcb kick overhead, make the d version more plus on block. make his qcf a/c dash forward slash move have much less start up, dash under air projectiles, maybe change reach. greatly buff his top move so that it has faster startup, but also greatly improve grab range so that it doesn't have to be precise.

rock- give his top move some invincibility frames, make it safe on block (it's already too slow). Make his crack counter unblockable if successful, but just as punishable if whiffed. make his qcb C much much safer on block, maybe -5 or something. Make his rasetsu blast thing (the long blue blast from holding down ab after evac toss) useful somehow. not quite sure how yet but maybe just make it do slightly more damage than a normal reppu/double confirm. Maybe also slightly speed up his rage run. im talking very small change here, like a frame or 2. just to make his teleport into command grab mixups slightly more scary. slightly buff damage on his hard edge to 14 for light, 22 for strong. slightly less startup on raging storm.

tizoc- (throw bug obviously)... consider switching his TOP move to a hidden special that has to be charged, similar to Marco's hold down button special. For his TOP move, give him another drop kick attack, but make it fast, like raiden's from kof 13. the tradeoff is that it would be punishable on block.

again i dont realy habe a place to talk about balance. but i can have fun thinking about it, right?

• Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,154
    edited April 2016
    - Break Moves Cost Meter, More Leniency On Breaking.
    - Just Defense Removed and Breakshots brought back.
    - Feint Cancels Are Gone.
    - Variable Chain Combo's brought back.
    - Power Gauge and T.O.P meter are now combined. With each stock of power meter (Maximum Of Two Stocks), you get an attack power boost and So long as you have at least 1 stock of meter, you can execute your T.O.P attack and also use your T.O.P attack as a Breakshot at the cost of meter.
    - Power Meter Gain significantly reduced.

That's what I'd change, but that's just me.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
    keo-bas wrote: »

alter T.OP guage feature similar to console version with modification.
    interesting changes...I'm not sure I follow the logic behind them.

Of course taking away life regain on just defend would really be good for kain, (who's already very very strong) and im not sure how else it'd affect the tiers but I would imagine it would the gap even larger due to the low tier characters generally are more defensive and have less things to just defend. The reason I dont get the reasoning behind no life regen during multi hit projectiles is that the characters who have them already can chip out the opponent through using them meaty.
    My goal is not to alter the teirs as MoTW is Ballance as it is. My suggestion is base on not changing characters because we have no idea how those changes would affect characters. I prefer to change or alter mechanics since they are design with intended purposes, problem is when stuff go beyond whats intended. (fient cancels, command breaking) I'm also no fan of taking away stuff nor adding carelessly.

JD in its current form is busted to say the least. Its very lenient technique with all the rewards with too little draw back. However I do think its necessary mechanics to help deal with the other stuff. jding projectile is very easy making zoning tad to weak in footsie driven game. So I want JD to initially be weak against multi hitting projectile. that why I opt to either have only be jd one time during projectile lock down or player suffer chipp damage still but can still jd which still grants meter on the 3rd jd, gc, no guad damage ect. Even with meaty projectiles i still being threat i want it to not be situation player can safe gaurd because kain, Kevin, Kushnood, jenet gato had to set you up for it, they deserve their effort to not be mitigated by simple technique. If player don't want to deal with that then I want them use blue top which is designee to deal with those situation but of set with limited offensive ability.

Player are fan of say characters for their ability so i prefer to keep them intact as much as possible. So I opted to change mechanics and pit limiters on stronger techniques so player wont be bi polar and attempt to create diversity.

For example some characters are very strong due to their break ability, so I limited that ability to default/gold top s gauge. If you want to use command break the player will have to meet the criteria of being in top mode, and having meter build to S gauge. forcing them to play the footsie game. Command breaks are very powerful and general over shadow regular commands, by limiting when you can use them fixes that. But I also reward them by allowing them to feint cancel all normal and TOP cancel which can let player do assortment combinations at the cost of using their top gauge which command break is tie into. This is why I also added taunt mechanic to take away meter so mechanics don't become meter build fest. Essentially i design gold top to be flexible and versatile to allow player to have majority of advantage in neutral game play.

for character with lack luster damage or mix ups I design red top gauge to compensate, damage modifier and heavily buffering top attacks. Most Top attack are slow with limited range. they originally work as guard crusher but due to the strong presence of JD they fall short. So I op to make TOP attack becoming a standing overhead when player are in top with s gauge to help mix up, and if their able to get full P gauge bar then TOP attack nullify JD altogether. I added Red top mechanic to have one sure fire way for player open up in neutral or allow player to combo from top from light attacks. To compensate for such over whelming force of aggression The top gauge is small well were majority of bnb can knockout player before they can even get chance to use it so player will have to think strategically where to put the top gauge to get the most mileage. Essentially player who want to be rewarded for being on the offense will gravitate to red top though be weary they have small window of opportunity to use it so they can afford to be careless.

blue top is deign for those player who wants insurance for mistakes or troublesome match ups. if their willing to play passive and stock up for strong defense. Garue is high damage game and i think it should stay that way, but i give player option to deal with it if they choose it. They'll have increase guts, and improved evasive attack. if your opponent have you locked down the they can use push back to help create gap, where they can use evasive attack to punish. its common place for players to use projectile to make block string safe and nullify push black, hence i added projectile invincibility. Due to majority of blue top advantages revolves around your opponent doing something first i gave blue top Top regain to give them some tool to provoke opponent to take the initiative tough it does exchange meter and top. I also added TOP burst as the only offensive option which is very costly but it immediate reverse momentum even if its block the user will be in position to act. of course such technique need to be build up for it and require alot of condition. Top mode activated, P gauge and have to be at the peak level of top ( as in no damage in top guage) As mention player who wants to safe guards and bide their time to make most out of their Patience will prefer blue top which gives them that privilege but they will require good set up them self for optimal usage.

I design it this way so player will always be position to make a decision on what they want to do and commit to it. In Garou MoTW because some mechanics like JD, Command break, feint cancel,GC were design behind the idea of executing them being hard, they had little to no cons built it so player player could always auto pilot into them, their were no risk involve so i'm attempting to address those by limiting the applications of the more stronger ones and making other be a commitment with risk involve.
    Seikuken Disciple
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    edited April 2016
    Talk about changes to improve the game were spoken about a while back. Here are a few from the top of my head I brought up along with Giby:

-Feints should stay but should have more push back when using them to remove certain loops.
    -Breaks should cost meter.
    -Remove Jenet's hit bug.
    -Remove zero frame unblockable supers.
    -Remove Kevins charge special cancels.
    -Remove Gato's stomp cancel or make it more difficult to perform.
    -Remove throw glitch.
    -Give Freeman a better break move or improve his break move so it can grab people crouching.
    -Remove backdash cancelling in general.
    -Remove TOP mode all together or balance the damage boost while giving the TOP special to all characters at start of the round. Also remove the pause caused when TOP activates. I think the life regen on TOP is fine since it's slow.
    -Remove the corner throw cross up bug.
    -Make JD harder to perform like CvS2 timing and reduce life gain from JD maybe instead to gives meter.
    -Guard cancels should cost meter.
    -Remove Jenets feint invincibility from her down + A + C feint.
    -Reduce Grant's damage output slightly.
    -Fix Freeman's counter super so you can't hit him out of it...yea you can lol.
    -Increase recovery on Jenet's dive kick (maybe similar to KOF11).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    edited April 2016
    Nocturnal wrote: »
    Talk about changes to improve the game were spoken about a while back. Here are a few from the top of my head I brought up along with Giby:

-Feints should stay but should have more push back when using them to remove certain loops.
    -Breaks should cost meter.
    -Remove Jenet's hit bug.
    -Remove zero frame unblockable supers.
    -Remove Kevins charge special cancels.
    -Remove Gato's stomp cancel or make it more difficult to perform.
    -Remove throw glitch.
    -Give Freeman a better break move or improve his break move so it can grab people crouching.
    -Remove backdash cancelling in general.
    -Remove TOP mode all together or balance the damage boost while giving the TOP special to all characters at start of the round. Also remove the pause caused when TOP activates. I think the life regen on TOP is fine since it's slow.
    -Remove the corner throw cross up bug.
    -Make JD harder to perform like CvS2 timing and reduce life gain from JD maybe instead to gives meter.
    -Guard cancels should cost meter.
    -Remove Jenets feint invincibility from her down + A + C feint.
    -Reduce Grant's damage output slightly.
    -Fix Freeman's counter super so you can't hit him out of it...yea you can lol.
    -Increase recovery on Jenet's dive kick (maybe similar to KOF11).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

yeah i agree all of that. im still unsure where to select my TOP bar or if it really matters. i usually just put it in front in casse the opponent has prepared converting TOP activation freeze into super.... i dunno i kinda like the added strategy that freeze adds, but perhaps if players set it to the front of the bar make it do slightly reduced damage....how else would you balanced out TOP?
    Anyone have tips for dongs instant jump a into super? I've tried many approaches including tiger knees, 360 motion etc and the super still seems to come out too randomly. I know it's a relatively difficult confirm but it seems too iffy to me
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,255
    Anyone have tips for dongs instant jump a into super? I've tried many approaches including tiger knees, 360 motion etc and the super still seems to come out too randomly. I know it's a relatively difficult confirm but it seems too iffy to me

It's iffy because the input interpreter sucks and hates diagonal inputs. Pretty much the only reliable way you're going to get it is tiger knee qfc+A for the jump in then qcf+Px2, try to do it like a qcf+Px3 input basically. Otherwise you will have random success at best.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,838
    If I were to change system stuff for a Garou 2, I'd

- Make JD more similar to Instant Blocking. A bit less blockstun and get meter, but no life refill, just receive less chip.
    - Keep feint cancelling, but make it just like in Real Bout 2, more pushback and recovery in general.
    - Guard cancels just like in the Real Bouts.
    - Replace brakes with a full-fledged Roman Cancel system. Half meter for cancelling anything on hit.
    - TOP gives passive abilities that vary from character to character. Some characters could get increased meter building, damage, guard damage, life recovery, etc. TOP attacks right from the start.
    - Make throws check the pushbox instead of the character axis.
  • hiongpohhiongpoh Joined: Posts: 3
    I've seen several match videos of Kain where he was rapidly canceling his d,u+k in block strings. How is this performed? There's a way for Kain to bypass the 2 second charge time?
    edited May 2016
    hiongpoh wrote: »
    I've seen several match videos of Kain where he was rapidly canceling his d,u+k in block strings. How is this performed? There's a way for Kain to bypass the 2 second charge time?

do you know how to perform break specials? if you already know about breaks, then the answer to your question is in bold below. well to explain breaks, every character in garou has a single special move that they can break or cancel. for many characters, they can break their dragon punch so that it still functions as one, but you never have to leave the ground. for kain, his d, u+k special is the move he can break.

to perform the break, you hit a+b at a certain time in the animation of that special. here's basically how you do it with kain: hold down for like a second or so (it doesnt take 2), then hit up+kick, and right before kain lifts off the ground, hit a+b. he should do the attack spread but stay grounded. IMMEDIATELY after hitting up+k, pull the stick back to down or down back. if you hit down again immediately after, you should have been able to charge enough for you to perform another one right around the time the opponent exits block stun. in this way, the motion is like a flick. you flick the stick quickly upwards, then it immediately goes back to down position..then another flick. in this way, you can loop the break special over and over as pressure. itis also a great way for him to build meter in neutral. go to training mode and simply practice looping it over and over as fast as possible.

btw hi new membarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
    Wow thanks for the quick reply! I just tried what you mentioned in training mode and it works. Yup I knew about breaks but had no idea that the charge time in this game is so short. That's sick.

Another question about Gato, what's the timing like to do his qcb k~A stop on the ground to build meter? My success rate for this has always been like only 10%.
    edited May 2016
    Wow thanks for the quick reply! I just tried what you mentioned in training mode and it works. Yup I knew about breaks but had no idea that the charge time in this game is so short. That's sick.

Another question about Gato, what's the timing like to do his qcb k~A stop on the ground to build meter? My success rate for this has always been like only 10%.

im not exactllllly sure on the timing but i know you need to hit A right around when gato stomps his foot to the ground. i think it might be a frame or two before or after his foot actually hits, but i kind of just feel the timing out at this point. it is ok that it is ony 10% now. that's about how high mine was too when i was a new player. it eventually just becomes muscle memory and i think it is as simple as that. for the record, my success rate is around 70 percent id imagine at this point and it isnt something i drill because ii dont main gato.

also, sometimes you can substitute a qcb kick > C instead. you can do the C attack REALLLY low to the ground quite easily, so you recover instantly and the success rate is near perfect once you get it. i do the substitute sometimes, like say i knockdown the opponent in the corner but i need one more special to get a full bar of meter and dont want to risk the stomp cancel
    Just hit training mode again and the qcb+k~C is indeed much easier to do. I never knew using that as a substitute for stomp canceling is a thing, thanks for the great tip! Double tapping the C seems to make it very consistent.
    Just hit training mode again and the qcb+k~C is indeed much easier to do. I never knew using that as a substitute for stomp canceling is a thing, thanks for the great tip! Double tapping the C seems to make it very consistent.

you see pro players use it in the same kind of manner i described above, but they generally stick to the cancel because it builds more meter :) oh, and if you didnt notice, you can do instant overheads with that qcb+k > C thing (then if you hit, confirm into super). gato so gud
    legit question- why doesnt the garou community (crickets) or didnt the community ever develop some rules for competitive play, similar to last blade 2? it seems apparent that garou aint as broke as lb2, but could certainly get rid of some things like kevin corner loops and many characters that can loop st. d or c forever unti lguard crush, and it isn't even out of human capability mid match. in fact some of these things are common..lol
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,504

One, Grant needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a chainsaw. Two, whenever Grant's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Grant"?
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • WOKMANWOKMAN 御託はいい、はじめよう。 Joined: Posts: 1,048
    Do they have plans to put this out on PSN like they did with Last Blade 2?
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/16/garou-mark-wolves-coming-ps4-and-ps-vita/

Announced at Evo. Unless it comes with roll back netplay, the game will die quickly like every old snk game.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • EirokajEirokaj Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,092
    It'd be a shocker if they went with rollback netcode this time around.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/YuriAcTN
    Tumblr: http://yuriactn.tumblr.com/

=====

"Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
    legit question- why doesnt the garou community (crickets) or didnt the community ever develop some rules for competitive play, similar to last blade 2? it seems apparent that garou aint as broke as lb2, but could certainly get rid of some things like kevin corner loops and many characters that can loop st. d or c forever unti lguard crush, and it isn't even out of human capability mid match. in fact some of these things are common..lol

both game operate on different foundation and comunity value and thus different rules.

Besides that this is high impossible to enforce. Th game is operating as intended so thier no reason to ban any of these stuff because the game function as intended. The only thing warrant a ban is Tizoc glitch and even then its pretty tricky to ban that so TO just let it rock.

Do we start baning combo corner because the potential they offer? no that is ridiculous.

LB2 shenanigans is due to majority of being glitch and exploits from developer over sight. Besides infinite taking away the other players ability to play, the other reason to ban these is due to LB2 having damage scale system that make most loop infinite do little to know damage but were still time scame victories which is the worst offense.
    Seikuken Disciple
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,171
    Decent netcode in an SNK game is unlikely.

However, being able to easily bust this out at casuals or for a side tournament will be excellent.

Hopefully it's arcade perfect, though I would like to see the removal of the throw glitch.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,056
    Who's easy to learn in this game?
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,171
    Terry is probably the easiest to learn.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FYI, NGBC is now backwards compatible on the xbone
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 597
    Hey guys I just started playing this today on Fightcade. I'm very new and using butt, does anyone wanna have some matches on Fightcade.
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Where are you from, Tonberry? I'm also fairly new to the game, and i'm usually on FightCade after 8 or 9 pm EST (piggip).
    I'm from the caribbean, but i have fairly good connections with ppl from USA.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    Oh hey my bad for not noticing this message. My name on Fightcade is tonberrykingsrk.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,504
    Who's easy to learn in this game?

I hear people say Grant is easy mode a lot. Which would explain why I like Grant so much.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
    Alright so after years of considering this game a masterpiece due to its reputation, I finally started playing this game seriously and here is my impressions after a week.

-I hate how normals feel in this game. They lack range and generally don't feel impactful. I guess in contrast to games like KOF98,3s and ST normals just feel weak in this game.

-The jumping feels very floaty. I don't know what it is but jumps feel very delayed while in the air. I think it has something to do with the downward momentum not following through the way other games do at least IMO.

-Convoluted motions especially for feints. Alright I play on pad and having feints be either forward/down A+C is very unnatural. It would have made sense to have feints be either forward/down C+D since that's already a very natural posture for the fingers. At the same time I hate the timing for feints and breaks. You can't break or feint on impact but rather during moves. It feels clunky because it would make more sense to do these on hit as opposed to having to wait a few frames and than doing them. For the longest time I couldn't break DP and it was because I was doing the breaking too early. The same thing was happening with feints and given how complicated the game already is I felt this execution barrier is really pointless and dumb.

Overall it is a enjoyable game but I think a sequel would have really made this game truly a masterpiece.
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,056
  • NightlightttNightlighttt Joined: Posts: 13

Why no steam version?
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 354
    Because they got to get KOF XIV released on STEAM first and Mark of the Wolves is one of SNK's weakest releases. Only Capcom lovers can get a kick out of anything but its presentation.
  • AT_Ryo_SakazakiAT_Ryo_Sakazaki Joined: Posts: 352

Why no steam version?

Coming soon

https://steamdb.info/app/366240/subs/
    It's in the steam database for a year already.I hope now its time.
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
    Alright so after years of considering this game a masterpiece due to its reputation, I finally started playing this game seriously and here is my impressions after a week.

-I hate how normals feel in this game. They lack range and generally don't feel impactful. I guess in contrast to games like KOF98,3s and ST normals just feel weak in this game.

-The jumping feels very floaty. I don't know what it is but jumps feel very delayed while in the air. I think it has something to do with the downward momentum not following through the way other games do at least IMO.

-Convoluted motions especially for feints. Alright I play on pad and having feints be either forward/down A+C is very unnatural. It would have made sense to have feints be either forward/down C+D since that's already a very natural posture for the fingers. At the same time I hate the timing for feints and breaks. You can't break or feint on impact but rather during moves. It feels clunky because it would make more sense to do these on hit as opposed to having to wait a few frames and than doing them. For the longest time I couldn't break DP and it was because I was doing the breaking too early. The same thing was happening with feints and given how complicated the game already is I felt this execution barrier is really pointless and dumb.

Overall it is a enjoyable game but I think a sequel would have really made this game truly a masterpiece.

I don't understand most of your critiques. for feint cancelling, you do feint on impact? so im not following you there. This applies to down feints. for most characters, down feint is their preferred feint, but some characters like terry have a better forward feint. For forward feints, you actually do want to delay the feint cancel a bit, because there is another kind of glitchy advanced mechanic, where if you delay the forward feint, you can get an easy dash after it without having to input an extra forward. for DP breaks, there is a special glitch to make them come out every time which essentially removes the execution barrier. most players who are into the game probably know about it. You hold position 3 as you input the break and it will come out whether you time it delayed or not. very very useful for dp break characters.
  • vmcoelhovmcoelho Joined: Posts: 41
    Hey guys! Started to play this on PS4 and finnaly decided to invest serious time on this amazing game.
    Was wondering, is there a community for the PS4 players already? A place where they gather? I'm already in the garou discord but i was wondering if there's someplace else too.... cheers
    from several players I've been told the ps4 port of garou is shoddy. I'm hearing complaints of lagginess and other issues. Here, tizoc's super crashed the game: https://clips.twitch.tv/leveluplive/DistinctHerdOSfrog

• Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is that a ps4 error or a an old neogeo hardware error?

To me that looks like a neogeo hardware error, very much like the old "TASK OVER" you used to get in the old kofs
    possibly not the ports fault?

AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
    Is that a ps4 error or a an old neogeo hardware error?

To me that looks like a neogeo hardware error, very much like the old "TASK OVER" you used to get in the old kofs
    possibly not the ports fault?

it is a neo geo error message, but the port's fault. The game doesn't just crash like that. "So Tizoc super crashed the game so the neo geo resetted and the memory patch used to force AES mode made it fail the ram test"

Well, i cant really play on fightcade so i guess i have no choice. I play on pad and use the R1 button to map AC... shitty fightcade doesnt have the AC option to map and its pratically impossible to program it to offer this option. As a Terry main, the R1 with the AC is what makes possible all those feint cancels.

So, if you guys play on PS4 or know someone who does, please let me know.... cheers
    vmcoelho wrote: »
    Well, i cant really play on fightcade so i guess i have no choice. I play on pad and use the R1 button to map AC... shitty fightcade doesnt have the AC option to map and its pratically impossible to program it to offer this option. As a Terry main, the R1 with the AC is what makes possible all those feint cancels.

So, if you guys play on PS4 or know someone who does, please let me know.... cheers

i don't know of a PS4 community discord or anything like that. I am going to go on a limb and say most veterans will avoid the PS4 port online.

If it helps, I am a pad player and can play just fine. Feints and breaks. Though, I have my controller mapped in a way that makes this work for me
    now that I think about it, I recall people saying that the next fightcade update will allow such remappings for you. So I guess you could always wait for that if the PS4 version doesn't work out
    edited December 2016

i don't know of a PS4 community discord or anything like that. I am going to go on a limb and say most veterans will avoid the PS4 port online.

If it helps, I am a pad player and can play just fine. Feints and breaks. Though, I have my controller mapped in a way that makes this work for me

Oh nice! Could you let me know how you mapped yours? I use a Dual Shock 3 controller... tried putting A button on R1 so i could do feints and breaks more easily.... didnt work well like a imagined lol.

Good news about fightcade! Is there any estimated date for the update to go online?

Thanks =)
    edited December 2016

Oh nice! Could you let me know how you mapped yours? I use a Dual Shock 3 controller... tried putting A button on R1 so i could do feints and breaks more easily.... didnt work well like a imagined lol.

Good news about fightcade! Is there any estimated date for the update to go online?

Thanks =)

I'd recommend this layout. Might be weird at first, but should work for all characters. One variation you might need is if you can't double tap B fast enough with B under A. Shouldn't be a problem at anything below high level, but for example, Marco at high level likes to whiff his A shoryu > break as a way to build meter and requires pretty fast double tapping of A. For characters that have a break off of B/D, like Terry or Kain, you *might* want to switch buttons A and B so you can double tap B more comfortably, but I don't think it's necessary.

The reasoning for A and B at the edge of the controller is because they are your most important buttons. Keep your finger hot on the right side. This is comfortable for reaching C as well when you need to feint. Reach for D button when you need it. I think this layout is best for quickest reaction response.

You want to be able to hit breaks 100% accurately, which is the reasoning for A and B next to each other. Feints aren't as important to get accurately, but the better you can feint accurately, the stronger your pressure. I can do feints with this setup accurately now, but may take practice. A is close to C in this setup, so should be more comfortable.

As for the fightcade update, I'm not sure. I'll try to ask around

hqkgt2w.jpg

Possible variation for characters who have breaks off a B/D special, such as Terry, Kain etc:

ABfei1q.jpg

Here's one more variation. I only recommend this if you will ONLY want to play a character with a seldomly used break, or a character with a stupidly easy break like Jenet. For example, Rock, Freeman, Tizoc, jenet would gel very well with this setup. Especially Freeman and jenet, this variation is great, because it is extremely comfy for feints, which those characters make great use of for pressure. You could also put D at R2 in this variation. Might be a good idea. For all three of those layouts actually, You can place D at R2 if you use the A+D "easy confirm" technique by buffering inputs. If you don't use this technique, you can just keep D a face button. A few characters are a easier to play with access to A+D, for example Freeman, but if you don't have a second trigger button, put it at L1, or just as a face button since A+D isn't required, but can be helpful for specific execution problems, which you can discover as you play the game more

MJRyD1n.jpg

Post edited by StoneDrum on
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/366240/

Garou was released on steam but many people report visual and sound problems.Apparently is not the same as the ps4 port but I hope a patch will be released solving these issues.

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,255
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/366240/

Garou was released on steam but many people report visual and sound problems.Apparently is not the same as the ps4 port but I hope a patch will be released solving these issues.

It's a DotEmu port so basically it's cancer. The console port was done by Code Mystics and I don't know why SNK didn't use them again.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!