"Get Ready...Survive!" The New Garou: Mark of the Wolves Thread

1484950515254»

Comments

• StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    really disappointed the steam version is so flawed. They say that a patch is planned, but why can't games just be solid on release anymore? I don't get it. And this treatment is just a slap in the face to fans. Anyway here's what DotEmu had to say:

https://twitter.com/DotEmu/status/806451618380189696
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,319
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    really disappointed the steam version is so flawed. They say that a patch is planned, but why can't games just be solid on release anymore? I don't get it. And this treatment is just a slap in the face to fans. Anyway here's what DotEmu had to say:

https://twitter.com/DotEmu/status/806451618380189696

Like I said, DotEmu ports are garbage. Everything they've ever done is terrible, I wish people would stop supportimg them but a lot of people don't know any better and think most of their stuff is fine. This is exactly why I'm not excited for the Windjammers PS4 port.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,063
    Lol, "ports". More like charging you for MAME. Dunno why SNK hires these hacks instead of a proper porting company like M2.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,757
    sad to hear the ps4 version is booty. i was excited to play it once i got my stick modded
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

sad to hear the ps4 version is booty. i was excited to play it once i got my stick modded

The PS4 version is a good port with bad online in Code Mystics tradition. The STEAM port is garbage, in DotEmu tradition.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    fightcade gets the job done. Despite its problems
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,390
    Mmm I'll stick to fightcade I guess
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,063
    SNK needs to learn sometime that there's absolutely no point to these ports if they will lack proper online or a good extra to entice people to pay for them.
  • freeAMfreeAM Joined: Posts: 39
    edited December 2016
    But the people say that the Steam version has rollback netcode.
  • freeAMfreeAM Joined: Posts: 39
    Aww, too bad rollback wasn't mentioned in the article on the front page.
    freeAM wrote: »

Metal Slug 3 has rollback netcode too. A shame about how it CONSISTENTLY desynchs every 10 minutes of play. I've also heard the same thing about the other Metal Slug ports on Steam, and they don't even run as well as MS3 does.

Rollback netcode is not inherently a good thing. Bad rollback netcode is a real thing that exists.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 372
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    freeAM wrote: »

Metal Slug 3 has rollback netcode too. A shame about how it CONSISTENTLY desynchs every 10 minutes of play. I've also heard the same thing about the other Metal Slug ports on Steam, and they don't even run as well as MS3 does.

Rollback netcode is not inherently a good thing. Bad rollback netcode is a real thing that exists.
    Metal Slug 3 and X runs fine here but the first one they release later is a mess.

So, I remember Metal Slug 3 released without "unlimited coins" mode and DotEmu patched later. So can we have a glimpse of hope of they fixing the training mode, adding a 4:3 mode and other fixes?

Shame for the CodeMystics version. They make good ports but they could at least try a little with the netcode.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    The fact there's no decent version of Garou on PC outside of pirating is a goddamn shame. Especially considering the DotEMU versions are the exact same versions as the pirated ones, only somehow worse.

Garou was the first SNK fighting game I can remember playing. I might've come across some Fatal Fury or KoF machine at some point, but given the state of arcades in Sweden even during the 90s, that's highly unlikely. Weird rekka Terry without Rising Tackle is still the definitive Terry in my head.

For as much as people like to shit on 3SOE for some reason, that's an amazing port of a great game. Just uprez the assets, stick online in there, and add a few modern convenience features (the fact that game has possibly the greatest player select/rematch/character select features of any game besides maybe Skullgirls just makes SFV look even dumber by comparison). You're done! The KoF XIII PC version is actually superior to the console version, so I know you have the basic competence to put functioning shit out on PC. So why do you keep using fucking DotEMU, the worst porters on the face of the planet? And yes, I am including the Silent Hill HD versions in that, because 1) a lot of that was stuff simply not running the same without PS2 hardware and legal issues with voice actors, and 2) AT LEAST THOSE FUCKING GAMES WERE IN HD AND NOT JUST RETAIL ROMS WITH A SHITTY UI ADDED!
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • ThunderThunder Joined: Posts: 27
    Which version of this is better, PS4 or Switch?

I'd be playing on Dualshock or Pro controller, so stick vs no stick isn't an issue. I assume the online community is dead on PS4, so that's also not an issue. Which feels like a more solid port? If you were going to get it, which would you pick, just from how the interface works, options, faithfulness, etc? Or are they both kinda garbage ports?
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 459
    Thunder wrote: »
    Which version of this is better, PS4 or Switch?

I'd be playing on Dualshock or Pro controller, so stick vs no stick isn't an issue. I assume the online community is dead on PS4, so that's also not an issue. Which feels like a more solid port? If you were going to get it, which would you pick, just from how the interface works, options, faithfulness, etc? Or are they both kinda garbage ports?

It's tricky. The Switch port is a straight arcade port. There are some very nice options such as scan lines, color adjustment, etc. The PS4 port has training mode, which the Switch version lacks. Online is dead on the Sony platforms. The Switch feels very arcade accurate and is only $8. The PS4 version is $15 but that includes Vita as well.

The detachable controllers plus portable nature of the system make the Switch my preferred version. It's nice to show up at a venue, pop off the controllers, pop out the kickstand, and get the fights going.