Final Fantasy Dissidia thread. Dissidia NT release 1/30

SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!!Joined: Posts: 19,561
edited January 21 in Fighting Game Discussion
I have a feeling that there's a thread already made for this game...but I didn't even get any results when I put in 'Final Fantasy'. I da know if it's just something wrong with my computer or what...but if there is a thread already made then please point it out for me so that I can post it in the correct thread.

Anyway...there's already been a trailer out for this fighting game but a second one came out recently

if you're having problems viewing it there then go here

Final Fantasy Dissidia - OverClocked ReMix Forums

My money is on Seph being broke

Edit:
Higher quality on gametrailers
Dissidia: Final Fantasy Video Game, Japanese Trailer 2 | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Hands-On:
Dissidia Final Fantasy Hands-on - PlayStation Portable News at IGN

Edit2:

Villians that have been shown through a poster and labeled (credit to Ultima)

here

Edit3:
character trailer:
Dissidia: Final Fantasy Video Game, DKS3713: Characters Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

ProfJamesJoynt posted up a translation:
Final Fantasy Dissidia

Dissidia Final Fantasy DuoDecim section:

Dissidia Duodecim announced.

TGS Trailer

Full Trailer via GT, Full Trailer via website, download,

Vaan confirmed via Shonen Jump

Assist video and explanation by Ichipoo

Laguna confirmed

Ultimecia Confirmed

shows Yuna, Prishe, Gilgamesh, and Aerith who is only usable by playing the japanese demo currently and is an assist.

Final Japanese Trailer Subtitled
Post edited by Sonichuman on
High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Comments

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,504
    saw the trailer earlier today, looks very good but they should of made a next gen version aswell :/
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,136
    To be honest i can barely understand the mechanism of this game so i prefer to wait for more in-game footage.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • seantreeseantree Joined: Posts: 637
    From what I've read there are skills that do HP damage and those that do damage to the foes MP meter. Sounds like it could be interesting. Just have to wait and see.
  • DavDzDavDz Joined: Posts: 464
    Well, we got Castlevania: The Fighter, so it was pretty inevitable we would get another Final Fantasy related fighting game
    " I only go into FGD if I hate my life" Someone from General Discussion. I forget who
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,507
    That shit looks like it will give fanboys orgasms.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,033
    I saw screens for this a long time ago, I was curious and wanted to see it in action, and now I did.

Looks awesome to me, I plan to buy it and pimp out my main man Squall (No homo)

Also when Squall and Sephiroth were dueling, I think I shed a tear.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,561
    I'm gonna have to snag someone's psp to play this game when it comes out...
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm surprised Cloud wasn't in this bitch.

...maybe an unlockable? :x
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • NairdasNairdas Joined: Posts: 707
    ^ There no way in hell Cloud is not in this.
  • woofwoof : - ) Joined: Posts: 2,503
    ill play if i can use wheelchair cloud
    Cloud and Vincent are pretty much given due to their extreme popularity (Which I'm not included in).

We need a Dan like character, throw one of the Cid's in and I'll be happy.

Here is a character list so far:

Final Fantasy: Hero- Warrior of Light, Villain- Garland.

Final Fantasy II: Hero- Frioniel, Villain- Emperor.

Final Fantasy VII: Hero- Blank space, Villain- Sephiroth.

Final Fantasy VIII: Hero- Squall Leonheart, Villain: Ultimecia.

Final Fantasy IX: Hero- Zidane Tribal, Villain: Kuja.

Final Fantasy X: Hero- Tidus, Villain- Jecht.

They have stated that unlockables are a possibility, and that as a character advances he gets more equipment, XP and money to spend.

To achieve the full story you need to beat it with every character, and all of them interlock.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • KWASIAKWASIA Postings an Art Form Joined: Posts: 250
    2008/2009 crazy time for fighting game fans
    Those who push themselves, and are willing to face pain, exhaustion, humiliation,
    rejection, or worse, are the ones who become CHAMPIONS! - Neil Strauss
    www.devastationevent.com
  • FigcoincFigcoinc DFigman+Dudley=Me Joined: Posts: 1,037
    Just heard about this. It is a fighting game? Hmmmm......I was hoping it was some Kingdom Hearts type deal.

Well, I just hope it is good.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: D Figman
    PSN Name: Figcoinc
    Steam: Figcoinc
  • KireekKireek Joined: Posts: 123
    Have game companys become bored and are now just sticking any1 in a fighting game?
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,504
    To be honest i can barely understand the mechanism of this game so i prefer to wait for more in-game footage.

this game has been announced and shown AGES ago, i think a vid was shown a year ago so theyre probably giving the mechanics a thorough testing.

im not surprised cloud hasnt been shown, because he will be the last boss (you heard it here first) :badboy:

also wanted to note that i like the fact sephiroth looks like the warrior of light, so many things pointing towards my genius theories :wgrin:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • dj_dedj_de fighting game's Joined: Posts: 384
    It would be nice if they put in characters not from FF7 on.

edit: Given that other character list, put in people from 4 and 6.
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    Everyone knows the last boss will be Cid.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    Have game companys become bored and are now just sticking any1 in a fighting game?

Final Fantasy characters have been in a previous fighting game, Ehrgheiz. So it's not a new concept.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,235
    This would have been mildly interesting if it were a FF Megamix or something. The Main Hero vs. Main Villain model sucks.
  • seantreeseantree Joined: Posts: 637
    Give me Ashley Riot please.......
  • <EDT3K><EDT3K> im on kid no 2 Joined: Posts: 240
    all i need is the warrior or light and im ok!
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
    i was here in 99'
  • purifyweirdsoulpurifyweirdsoul Brent Taylor Joined: Posts: 1,655
    They'd better not skip/ignore IV, V and VI again. I won't care until some of those characters are in it. Or Tactics maybe.
    My name is Brent and I play everything
  • TurbovecTurbovec Crazed Johnny user! Joined: Posts: 1,000
    the FMV of Squall with Sephiroth was cool....I might actually play the game just for the whole scene >.>
    I'm here to do 2 things. One, chew Bubble Gum. Two, kick ass. And I'm out of Bubble Gum.
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    really want
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
  • SiLLiEMutAfuKASiLLiEMutAfuKA aka SmF Joined: Posts: 1,492
    Really liking it so far, I'm glad it's being focused back on, I forgot about it a few months ago already.

It'd be pimp if they had Auron ... :sad:
    Zenpou Tenshin~!
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want final boss to be Kefka because VI was my favorite of the series :bgrin:
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • HyugaHyuga The Asian Rock Joined: Posts: 212
    Where's my green-headed, but sometimes also blonde, cause I guess they couldn't decide what the canon hair color was, girl, Terra?...or Tina... whatever.

Wow that sentence came out messed up.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,090
    I wanted to see some FF titties.... but reading a few posts I guess it's hero vs villain thing.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    Hopefully the game mechanics are better than Ehrgeiz was. Otherwise, this will be a sad game.

It looks like it closely resembles Kingdom Hearts though as far as the fighting goes, so that should make this game quite interesting.

If this game shows promise, it just might give me a big reason to get a PSP.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maining FFIX characters. Please believe.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    And yeah, being able to rock with Squall again FTW.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    I would be VERY interested in this if it were on anything but the PSP. Also, more/any 2ndary characters and people from 4, 5, and 6 pls.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    What do you mean Hero Vs. Villain? They are just taking one Hero and One Villain from each series mentioned and sticking them in a fighting game, other than story possibly, everyone can fight everyone.

I believe I read that it has Wireless Multiplayer, so yay for that, my PSP can stop collecting dust.
  • UltimaUltima Retired SF Aristocrat Joined: Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    To all folks bitching about X game not being represented, this is the Final Fantasy 20th anniversary project, and will feature characters from FF1-FF10. At the minimum, there will be one protagonist and one antagonist from each game. I dunno how much more we'll get beyond that.

Right now, the game seems to be a cross between Kingdom Hearts and Brawl's Subspace Emissary Mode. I was hoping for a more traditional type fighter (and something 2D), but this could be good. It could also suck royally. We'll see.

I have to admit, that trailer got my dick hard. Seeing Parmekia, Garland, Kuja and Ultimecia confront Frionel and Squall, as well as Squall battling Sephiroth, gave me goosebumps.
    Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
  • ShadeShade FEMLE Joined: Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have to admit, that trailer got my dick hard.

Same here, man. That trailer really made me wanna go out, and be a PSP again. Loving the visuals, which seem to be KH2's engine (which is good, cause it looked great, especially the particle effects).

Can't wait. Hell, I will get a PSP when this drops.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kefka is in one of the promo posters... which pretty much seals the deal. The game might be hot garbage but Square-Enix's latest translations give me reason to believe that Kefka will have one badass voice. Stupid reason to get a game? You bet. Do I care one lick? Nope. If Terra's in I will orgasm in angry delight.

All that said... I wish this wasn't coming for a portable. This is the kind of game I want to play on my 360, with online matches.

NINJA EDIT - Just saw the second trailer now. Squall vs. Sephiroth = awesome ass fight. I STILL think the FF1 Warrior is going to kick the crap out of Sephy. Spiky Platemail > FF7.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gilgamesh should be a secret hidden boss, complete with his own stage, and the Battle on the big bridge theme.

"you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • dj_dedj_de fighting game's Joined: Posts: 384
    Where's my green-headed, but sometimes also blonde, cause I guess they couldn't decide what the canon hair color was, girl, Terra?...or Tina... whatever.

Wow that sentence came out messed up.
    Terra had the green hair and Celes had the blonde hair. If theyre doing the whole HERO/ANTAGONIST thing they should put either of them as the token female, but preferably Celes.
  • EphidelEphidel 02 OG Joined: Posts: 15,113 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hmm it looks interesting, I would at least figure if Sephiroth is there then Cloud would be.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel
    Discord: Ephidel