Final Fantasy Dissidia thread. Dissidia NT release 1/30

Comments

• Fatal K.OFatal K.O Pad-Assassin Aoko Joined: Posts: 71
    Kefka should and will be voiced by Mark Hamill. NO FUCKING EXCEPTIONS. :P

Maining Tidus just to be obnoxious to the fanboys. :P Always told peeps he wasn't a slouch in combat, he was just annoying whenever he opened his mouth, and this video proved it.
    PSN: mechalolipop
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,553
    Kefka should and will be voiced by Mark Hamill. NO FUCKING EXCEPTIONS. :P

Maining Tidus just to be obnoxious to the fanboys. :P Always told peeps he wasn't a slouch in combat, he was just annoying whenever he opened his mouth, and this video proved it.

Mark Hammill with joker voice = win lol

and in response to your Tidus comment...there should be a move where Tidus makes his opponent laugh with him

Tidus:'HA..HA..HA..HA..HA........*awkward silence* HA..HA..HA..HA..HA
    Opponent:....X.X *gets dealt 9999 damage*
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I hope that Seifer is unlockable :|
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,504
    all i need is the warrior or light and im ok! <<< lucky i got that exclamation mark in before anyone thought of me as gay :confused:

huh...wah da...:wtf:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • beatsstayflowinbeatsstayflowin Joined: Posts: 172
    This is a fighting game? From the gameplay footage I was thinking this was an action RPG
    Touhou Hisoutensoku, fighting game for PC, netplay included: http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/
  • shadowkillershadowkiller Ama/Magneto/Tron Joined: Posts: 266
    Since there doing main characters only so far im wondering who's going to represent FFV. And when there going to show Terra.
    It's been so long since I've fought in Midgard.(Freya)
  • HyugaHyuga The Asian Rock Joined: Posts: 212
    Terra had the green hair and Celes had the blonde hair. If theyre doing the whole HERO/ANTAGONIST thing they should put either of them as the token female, but preferably Celes.

Check out some official Amano artwork of Terra when you have the chance, and the FMVs from the playstation port. Girl doesn't know what hair color she is.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    Can't wait. Hell, I will get a PSP when this drops.

I'm still on the wait-and-see. As more details emerge, I'll mold my opinion on whether I want to invest in this game, but if it pans out as I think it is (using the KH engine without losing the elements that makes a Final Fantasy game, yet not trying to make too much out of a fighting game a-la Ehrgeiz), then I'll probably be standing in line behind you with a PSP and FF:Dissidia.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,553
    augh...trying to refind this thread using the search function = fail. Search engine just does not seem to like me...ANYHOO

Here's a hands-on:
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/896/896064p1.html
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Kefka is confirmed and will be voiced by the same voice actor as Buggy from One Piece :nunchuck:
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • 30_60_9030_60_90 awkward geek Joined: Posts: 151
    super fanboy hype for this game!
    srsly!
    more VI characters please!
  • FatalFuryDFatalFuryD Feint Cancel Addict Joined: Posts: 956
    augh...trying to refind this thread using the search function = fail. Search engine just does not seem to like me...ANYHOO

Here's a hands-on:
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/896/896064p1.html

Sounds waaaaay like power stone 1. I was hyped for Terra too.
    My Eternal Fighter Zero cmv, match footages and tutorial vid:
    http://youtube.com/user/seaechiowai
    (Latest update: 7 Jan 2010)
    Inuie G. Choi
  • TigerboiTigerboi C.R.E.A.M. Joined: Posts: 2,109
    Wait?

Square-enix, making a game in this day and age that isn't an RPG?

It will suck. Bad.

Fuck modern day square.
    Marvel sucks.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wait?

Square-enix, making a game in this day and age that isn't an RPG?

It will suck. Bad.

Fuck modern day square.

Square-Enix's RPGs haven't exactly been stellar since, say, the SNES days. And they've made games that aren't RPGs that aren't half-bad.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • KillerKaiKillerKai It's a KILLA! Joined: Posts: 1,472
    For those wondering if FF6 chars are in it, the one standing with Squall was Locke.
    Edit: Or is it? It definitely looks like Locke's official art from FFVI. But I don't remember Locke ever wearing a cape

And yeah, David Boreanaz better be doing Squalls english voice.
    @ evo...
    Ponder: Which one of you is Kai?
    Kai: I'm Kai
    KillerKai: I'm KillerKai
    Ponder: o_O
    Square-Enix's RPGs haven't exactly been stellar since, say, the SNES days. And they've made games that aren't RPGs that aren't half-bad.

aren't half bad is right.....they are SHIT.

Ok, on a constructive note, the snes days was the last time I got an amazing experience out of a square RPG.

However, their post ps1 RPGS have been alright AT BEST imo, so I kind of just stopped being a fan. But any post ps1 anythingmade by square that wasn't turn based (save for einhander) I've completely hated. I don't think square has the development talent needed to make a good fighting game.
    Marvel sucks.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,956
    is Delita in it?
    Easily my fav FF character and game for that matter...
    God's favorite ©

aren't half bad is right.....they are SHIT.

Sweeping unfounded assertions are sweeping.
    is Delita in it?
    Easily my fav FF character and game for that matter...

No mention of Tactics characters, just FF1 to FF10. That may change... but I have my doubts. I'd LOVE to see Ramza and Delita, with their PSP English voices. :tup:
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • InfiniDragonInfiniDragon Joined: Posts: 1,163
    For those wondering if FF6 chars are in it, the one standing with Squall was Locke.

Pretty sure that's Firion (FFII original) that you're looking at.

But Kefka confirmed is good since it means FFVI characters are in. Be the heroes I know you can be Squeenix, Nomura drawn Terra, NOW.
    Originally Posted by VG Emblem:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,665
    I'm only buying this game out of fandom for my favorite Final Fantasy character of all time. It'll be great to fight with him again.
    Let's give it all we've got!
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I can't really understand the mechanisms of this game, but i hope this does not turn out like Ehrgeiz.
    But Kefka confirmed is good since it means FFVI characters are in. Be the heroes I know you can be Squeenix, Nomura drawn Terra, NOW.

This. :tup:
    I can't really understand the mechanisms of this game, but i hope this does not turn out like Ehrgeiz.

It looks more like Virtual On with people instead of robots and action-RPG combat mechanics instead of... whatever the hell Virtual On used.

I wish this wasn't on PSP. 360, or PS3, or even Wii (sans motion controls). But a portable of all things. Meh.
    Sweeping unfounded assertions are sweeping.

Square sucks.
    Marvel sucks.
    I wish this wasn't on PSP. 360, or PS3, or even Wii (sans motion controls). But a portable of all things. Meh.

Yea..im hoping they change that...i mean psp? seriously? :shake:
    God's favorite ©

Square sucks.

... True.
    Yea..im hoping they change that...i mean psp? seriously? :shake:

Bad D-Pad and lopsided Square button FTW! :bluu:

Is the Slim any better? My fatty PSP is getting on my nerves.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wheres my edgar with chainsaw assist?

and

shadow with intercepter assist
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    WHY do they insist on releasing games like this on handhelds? I mean, seriously; it would work so much better on the PS3. Hell, even putting it on the PS2 would work.
    GGPO: Angrylobster
  • Yeah Dood 120%Yeah Dood 120% Now, 20% more pumped Joined: Posts: 1,926 mod
    :wonder: I hope Zack Flair is in it, he was awesome in Crisis Core... dood.
    "A man hurls himself towards his fate, his soul ablaze! There is nothing that can hinder me!"
    UMvC3 teams: Jill/X-23/She-Hulk, Jill/Nemesis/Firebrand, Chun-Li/Jill/Iron Fist, Jill/Spiderman/Felicia
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    FF1 warrior!!!

OLD SCHOOL!
  • SlothHandsSlothHands sweep tea Joined: Posts: 191
    I can't get hyped. When was the last time SquareEnix made an actual good game the past 5 years?
    Bad D-Pad and lopsided Square button FTW! :bluu:

Is the Slim any better? My fatty PSP is getting on my nerves.

Slim PSP OWNS fat one unless you do CFW. Which I don't. So yeah.
    WHY do they insist on releasing games like this on handhelds? I mean, seriously; it would work so much better on the PS3. Hell, even putting it on the PS2 would work.

Cause the PSTriple is getting gang raped by PSP, Wii and DS Lite in Japan. :rofl:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?
    ^^12 was nice
    God's favorite ©

• AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Terra sucks. They should put in Setzer. Or Edgar. Or Sabin. Or Locke.

Golbez being in all but confirms Cecil though, which is fucking sweet.
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    I'd almost consider getting a PSP to play Kuja in this... So awesome, but so expensive... :S
    slay this unaligned ant!
    Terra sucks. They should put in Setzer. Or Edgar. Or Sabin. Or Locke.

Golbez being in all but confirms Cecil though, which is fucking sweet.

What's the deal, you don't see me wishing Kain were in this instead of Cecil when I clearly prefer the former. No raining on my possible parade. :rofl:

Although Sabin would be badass, Terra was the closest thing to a main character that game had, so yeah. Not to mention the closed-door trailer that revealed Kef also had him addressing a girl, so it's probably Terra (who it fucking should be). Or maybe Celes, but again I refer to "hero" status on that.
  • Branh0913Branh0913 Keep away king Joined: Posts: 3,645
    Tidus is in it, so I'm happy. I'll be maining him. Auron should be unlockable.
    M.O.D.O.K Avengers - Minister Of Defense
    The Turtle Master, but my name ain't Splinter
    Hitting down/back so fast, you think I was using macros
    Does anybody even know how the hell the game's interface is going to work?
    Marvel sucks.
    they should keep it as a male majority cast with the exception of ultimecia and maybe one or two other female. we don't need no arcana heart bullshit.

the females had their spotlight in dead fantasy even though its unofficial and the upcoming ff13.

they should keep it as a male majority cast with the exception of ultimecia and maybe one or two other female. we don't need no arcana heart bullshit.

the females had their spotlight in dead fantasy even though its unofficial and the upcoming ff13.

Fuck Dead Fantasy. And considering that every announced Dissidia character is male I don't think you need to worry about Arcana Heart "bullshit."
    good. now lets keep it that way.