Official SSF2T: HD Remix General Discussion Thread

Comments

• GumpoolGumpool Gumbercules...I love that guy Joined: Posts: 665
    hey guys one question I am to lazy to search this up....when or are they gonna fix the dropping isssues?
    gozulin: G1 is like a paradise where, instead of having sex with 72 female virgins, you get to play SF4 against 272 male virgins.
    #FUCKBEETNEIN
    Grnlantern3: If a person developed a foot dive fighting style they'd be unstoppable
  • VirtuaFighterFourVirtuaFighterFour VirtuaFighter.com Joined: Posts: 1,572
    hey guys one question I am to lazy to search this up....when or are they gonna fix the dropping isssues?
    No word on fixing the garbage PSN coding issues or controller bugs. :wasted:
    VF5:FS - Akira, Jean, Wolf, Taka
    VF4/EVO/FT - Wolf, Akira, Goh, Kage, Jacky
    ST - Dictator, Hawk, Boxer, Honda, O.Hawk, Sagat, Ken, O.Boxer, Claw
    3S - Q, Gouki, Ryu III
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    No word on fixing the garbage PSN coding issues or controller bugs. :wasted:

Then I deserve a small amount of what I paid back. There is an obvious difference between the PSN and Xbox versions, and its bullshit that I had to pay the same price for an inferior product.:annoy:
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • GumpoolGumpool Gumbercules...I love that guy Joined: Posts: 665
    man that is pure garbage....I hate when I get some good games goind on and then suddeny the bullshit dropping.....again capcom you've done it again....but I am going to continue to take it up the ass from you and buy your products
    gozulin: G1 is like a paradise where, instead of having sex with 72 female virgins, you get to play SF4 against 272 male virgins.
    #FUCKBEETNEIN
    Grnlantern3: If a person developed a foot dive fighting style they'd be unstoppable
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,023
    I started playing HDR the past week cuz I got bored of SF4 for the time... and the netplay seems to of gotten a lot worse. It drops a LOT more than before, and everytime I have issues, I need to exit the game, and come back in.
    One time it was so bad/buggy, that afterwards when the netplay messed up, I tried to play vs the CPU, and the game froze up during the VS screen.

Has anyone else noticed the bad connections lately?
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    I started playing HDR the past week cuz I got bored of SF4 for the time... and the netplay seems to of gotten a lot worse. It drops a LOT more than before, and everytime I have issues, I need to exit the game, and come back in.
    One time it was so bad/buggy, that afterwards when the netplay messed up, I tried to play vs the CPU, and the game froze up during the VS screen.

What day of the week was it?

Doesn't matter, that was a normal day for PSN HDR.
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    It goes something like this:

Retarded: Akuma
    Very Top: Dhalsim, Vega, Balrog
    Top: M. Bison, Sagat
    Upper-Mid: Ryu

...and I don't wanna post the rest.

EDIT: No way is Honda top. He can get creamed by zoning Ryu, Ken, Dee-Jay, Chun-Li, and even Blanka can give him fits. But he is very good against non-FB characters, and you can pretty much murder all low-level players with him. Really good Honda's can also struggle through FB's, but its damn hard.

I play nothing but Sim but why do people keep saying he is top tier. It's not like he was winning all tournaments in VST. There was no Dhalsim's in the top 8 at evo and when you look at live the leader boards there is no Dhalsim in the top 20. Is it more of a fascade that people think Dhalsim dominates? He has 5 very bad matchups, two that are truly in his favor and the rest are 6-4 the opponent with maybe a few supposedly being even. How is that top tier?

In all seriousness who comes up with this tier stuff because I am not seeing it.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • EA MegamanEA Megaman That's what she said Joined: Posts: 841

Yes, it's been horrible. I thought it was just me.
  • AgamemnonAgamemnon Joined: Posts: 89
    I play nothing but Sim but why do people keep saying he is top tier. It's not like he was winning all tournaments in VST. There was no Dhalsim's in the top 8 at evo and when you look at live the leader boards there is no Dhalsim in the top 20. Is it more of a fascade that people think Dhalsim dominates? He has 5 very bad matchups, two that are truly in his favor and the rest are 6-4 the opponent with maybe a few supposedly being even. How is that top tier?

In all seriousness who comes up with this tier stuff because I am not seeing it.

5 very bad matchups??? Besides Vega and Chun, who are the other three?
    ST HD Remix: Blanka, Cammy, Ryu.

SF4: Dhalsim
    Vega, Chun, Bison, Cammy, - Very bad to bad. I would normally include Blanka because the only thing he can do to Sim is tick bite. Any one Blanka player knows that as Sim does not have a reliable anti-air to stop in his normal jump ins which lead to either devastating crossup combos or tick bites. Sim has to control spacing or he will be ate up. NO pun intended. :)

Honda/Blanka/Balrog - Sim can win all of these but talk about work, work, work. No way are these even. I would say 6-4 not in Sims favor. You really need to know your stuff or you will be annihilated very quickly.

???Even - Ryu, Guile, Sagat, Dee Jay, Dhalsim,

Favorable matchups Zangief, T.Hawk, Ken, Fei Long

Keep in mind this is my opinion towards HDR. And like I said it's not like Sim dominated tournaments. I guess I still dont like some of the changes and/or no changes that were made to Sim. Still love the game though.
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Sim does not have a reliable anti-air to stop in his normal jump ins... And like I said it's not like Sim dominated tournaments.
    ????

Sim has an antiair for almost every situation, and it's up to you to figure out which antiair to use when against what from which location. And if it's your contention that Sim wasn't that great in ST, well, basically... shut up, I guess. He was the hardest character to learn and either the best overall or tied for the best in the game.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
  • 1hitparry1hitparry Scrubasaurus Joined: Posts: 1,516
    There was no Dhalsim's in the top 8 at evo
    SSF2T HD Remix
    1) Hung Afro Legends Nguyen (Balrog, Dee Jay)
    2) John Choi (Ryu)
    3) Damien Damdai Dailidenas (Ken, Zangief)
    4) Graham Wolfe (Balrog)
    5) David Sirlin (Fei Long, Cammy, M.Bison)
    5) Louis Thelo Paquin (E.Honda)
    7) Alex CaliPower Valle (Ryu)
    7) Alex Sin Salguero (Dhalsim)

Did he not use Sim the whole time?
    ????

Sim has an antiair for almost every situation, and it's up to you to figure out which antiair to use when against what from which location. And if it's your contention that Sim wasn't that great in ST, well, basically... shut up, I guess. He was the hardest character to learn and either the best overall or tied for the best in the game.

Wow where do I start with you. How old are? Telling me to shut up. I keep forgetting people are brave, strong, tough when talking/writing to a computer.

Anyways I didnt say Sim didnt have an anti-air. I said it is not reliable. And where did I say he wasnt great in ST. I said he didnt dominate tournaments. Way to interpret that in he is not great. I understand he is a very technical character to learn. I also with the exception of the yoga noogie nerf do not know why he was even messed with which comes back to my original comment, he did not dominate tournaments. Yes he is a great character but again is it a fascade that people have this conception he is soooooo good? That was my question. Maybe next time read it a little slower before you go attacking me.
    I mean the only reason he didn't dominate tournaments is that he's the hardest character to learn and not a lot of people pick him up. But there's no doubt that he's either the best or tied for the best overall, and when very good players have played him they've done consistently better than almost anyone else. I can't imagine even a reasonably good player saying that Sim doesn't have reliable antiairs and loses to 7 characters, and I guess after reading the 4 forums I've just gotten sick of not very good players coming to pronouncements on matchups and how to balance characters. Also I'm 26 and not a particularly shy person or bad player, thanks for asking.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    cole dominated for at least 2 years in a row(close to 3 i believe?) with sim not too long ago. not to mention gian.....as udavid said sim is tough to learn but in the hands of a master IS the best in the game.
    You are an attorney and that's your best argument. lol

Look dude I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you. I enjoy playing with Dhalsim. I love playing with Dhalsim. I coudnt tell you if he is the hardest character to use because I do not use anyone else. Me not being very good is subjective but we all can be better. I do agree with you though that trying to balance every matchup is silly and almost impossible. Unless you do a mirror match it's just not going to happen. I mean everyone makes reference to this game being chess, (at least I say it my chess of video games) but when you think about it chess is about playing a mirror match. Your opponent has the same pieces, can do the same moves. The only difference is execution and using the gray matter between your brain. Street Fighter along with any other fighting game is more complex because each character does have unique moves. Part of the fun and mystery is overcoming shortcomings and tyring to figure out ways around what the other player is trying to impose on you. Obviously some matchups will be easier than others due to that.

Again I love the game. Not complaining just making honest observations regarding Dhalsim in tournaments. Wasnt trying to prevoke anyone.

Yoga out.
  • BruceLBBruceLB THE KITTEN PAJAMAS Joined: Posts: 509
    snip

Don't take it personal dude, it's just what you said was pretty ignorant. Remember we have 15 years of ST knowledge, the tiers of that game are pretty much set. The only reason you don't see Sim dominating tournaments is because not many people play him and even fewer have actually mastered him, but it's pretty much recognized that Sim is the best character in vanilla ST (some people might say boxer either way they're 1-2).

The slight nerfs he got in HDR weren't nearly enough to drop him (or boxer) from their top perch. They are still two of the best characters in the game.

Remember your match up experience is all subjective. What might feel like a bad/good match up could in fact be the exact opposite. It just feels a certain way to you because of the lack of experience you and/or your opponent has.

Really most people shouldn't be commenting on match ups because they simply just lack the experience against top ranked opponents.

He also plays Guile. I don't know how often he used him but I know he used Guile against me in our Losers Final match.
    powerbiast: and no losers both of us are winners cause we learned
    Don't take it personal dude, it's just what you said was pretty ignorant. Remember we have 15 years of ST knowledge, the tiers of that game are pretty much set. The only reason you don't see Sim dominating tournaments is because not many people play him and even fewer have actually mastered him, but it's pretty much recognized that Sim is the best character in vanilla ST (some people might say boxer either way they're 1-2).

The slight nerfs he got in HDR weren't nearly enough to drop him (or boxer) from their top perch. They are still two of the best characters in the game.

Remember your match up experience is all subjective. What might feel like a bad/good match up could in fact be the exact opposite. It just feels a certain way to you because of the lack of experience you and/or your opponent has.

Really most people shouldn't be commenting on match ups because they simply just lack the experience against top ranked opponents.

He also plays Guile. I don't know how often he used him but I know he used Guile against me in our Losers Final match.
    It's all good man. I'm not taking it personal but I didnt appreciate telling me to shut up. That was uncalled for but again it's the internet. I like your logic with the game being out for 15 years and many not having experience or seeing all scenarios with an opponent. But playing devil's advocate here wouldnt you think after 15 years that you would see more Sim players and more Sim players winning it all? Which was why I made the comment why hasnt Sim dominated more tournaments? Like I said I am an avid Sim player. And everybody keeps saying he is 1 or 2 but why dont we see more to back that up. That's all I'm saying (in a devils advocate role :) )
  • AgamemnonAgamemnon Joined: Posts: 89
    snip

Well, maybe there not that great amount of Dhalsim players just because some of the other best characters in ST are way easier to master, like Vega, O. Sagat and Balrog. And there is the fun factor, not everyone will enjoy Sim's style.

I think Dhalsim is top 3 in HDR, at least, but you need to have a near flawless game to feel this, cause mistakes hurt Dhalsim more than most other characters. I know this because I main Sim in SF4 and I feel the same issue in that game.
    ST HD Remix: Blanka, Cammy, Ryu.

SF4: Dhalsim
  • Ryu1999Ryu1999 Keyboard Warrior Joined: Posts: 838

He used Sim against me and bcchoi in loser's semis, then used Guile against kuroppi and apparently BruceLB
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:25 PM): dammit i need toilet paper, we're all out
    Me (10:27:36 PM): backed up to all get out?
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:40 PM): so i'll shit then shower
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:46 PM): then shave
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:48 PM): brb in a bit
  • TwinSnak3sTwinSnak3s Joined: Posts: 93
    I picked this game up today ( was in a funk at SF4 , decided to take a break) , but I can't play this to save my life! I went 0 - 11 and didn't even get a look in in a lot of matches. Can anybody give me some tips?
    "if i want to see a boxer winning for 30 minutes i'd youtube ali in his prime"
  • JigglyNorrisJigglyNorris The Low Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 1,279
    I picked this game up today ( was in a funk at SF4 , decided to take a break) , but I can't play this to save my life! I went 0 - 11 and didn't even get a look in in a lot of matches. Can anybody give me some tips?

Forget everything you know about SF4.
  • TwinSnak3sTwinSnak3s Joined: Posts: 93
    I see.
    "if i want to see a boxer winning for 30 minutes i'd youtube ali in his prime"
  • JigglyNorrisJigglyNorris The Low Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 1,279
    In all seriousness, do some research on the game, then, FIND A MAIN. Don't just be one of those people that uses everyone. The beauty of this game is that you can use anyone and win. Get a feel for someone and your SF career will take off.
  • 1hitparry1hitparry Scrubasaurus Joined: Posts: 1,516
    Don't get discouraged. HDR and VST can be very unforgiving games considering they are low life, and they don't have a defensive mechanic like JD, parry, or focus attack. Low life is pretty straight forward, you can't afford a many mistakes as you could in SFIV. The lack of a defensive mechanic means there's a greater emphasis on spacing and zoning, both of which are abstract concepts that are learned through hours of experience. You might have 1/4 of your health in a situation, but the match is essentially over since your opponent might have complete control over the match.

It doesn't help that there aren't basic character guides like there are on the SFIV forums. If you have any interest in Boxer, I would check out the Remixed Remix Boxer thread. I wrote it with the intention of helping myself understand Boxer better while also giving something for new players to read.
  • BruceLBBruceLB THE KITTEN PAJAMAS Joined: Posts: 509
    It's all good man. I'm not taking it personal but I didnt appreciate telling me to shut up. That was uncalled for but again it's the internet. I like your logic with the game being out for 15 years and many not having experience or seeing all scenarios with an opponent. But playing devil's advocate here wouldnt you think after 15 years that you would see more Sim players and more Sim players winning it all? Which was why I made the comment why hasnt Sim dominated more tournaments? Like I said I am an avid Sim player. And everybody keeps saying he is 1 or 2 but why dont we see more to back that up. That's all I'm saying (in a devils advocate role :) )

Again man, a character winning a tournament is entirely dependent on how many top skilled people enter the tournament with that character.

Tournament players don't just pick the best character, even if that character is consensus number 1. They pick the character whose play style suits them best. If you hate the way a character plays (or are unable to master it) then you're not going to play that character.

Also you must remember that ST is a very balanced game, so while Sim and Boxer might be 1-2, they aren't really that far ahead of the rest of the cast. So you have a game where almost any character has the tools to win, coupled with the fact that Sim isn't a popular character, and you are just not going to see Sim winning tournaments on a constant basis.
    powerbiast: and no losers both of us are winners cause we learned
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Finally came back to HD Remix & 3rd strike after SFIV finally got boring. So upsetting how many people quit on this game when they're about to lose.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    I had the strangest rollback playing online yesterday: an opponent's Ryu did a fake fireball, except I actually saw a red fireball come out of his hands for a split-second before the rollback made it suddenly disappear. :looney:

I thiiink I've seen it before too, but I can't remember for sure. It felt awfully familiar in any case.

It makes me scratch my head and wonder how on Earth some of this stuff was coded! Of course I have my gripes with the game, but I don't even mean that in a bad way right now. It's just sort of interesting from a programming perspective that the game's "false assumption" could manifest itself in such a way. I dunno if it would have more to do with the netcode or the fake fireball code's, but the end result was downright bizarre! Just another one of those many things that makes you shrug and smile and think to yourself, "lol online."
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    I had the strangest rollback playing online yesterday: an opponent's Ryu did a fake fireball, except I actually saw a red fireball come out of his hands for a split-second before the rollback made it suddenly disappear. :looney:

I thiiink I've seen it before too, but I can't remember for sure. It felt awfully familiar in any case.

It makes me scratch my head and wonder how on Earth some of this stuff was coded! Of course I have my gripes with the game, but I don't even mean that in a bad way right now. It's just sort of interesting from a programming perspective that the game's "false assumption" could manifest itself in such a way. I dunno if it would have more to do with the netcode or the fake fireball code's, but the end result was downright bizarre! Just another one of those many things that makes you shrug and smile and think to yourself, "lol online."

This is why I don't play this online, it happens a LOT with me. I was playing as Vega (Claw) once and had someone in the super, in the middle of it the game rolled me back and magically I was in a Ken knee bash instead of him in my super.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • zirconstzirconst Joined: Posts: 32
    Isn't HDR just based on the GGPO netcode? If the connection is bad, you'll have a bad match almost no matter what the netcode is. I've definitely had the same kind of thing happen, though once I actually finished a match and was hearing the other character's KO scream, then it rolled back and it was ME losing.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Isn't HDR just based on the GGPO netcode?

Nope. This is why people should ether search match by ping or host match. Using Quick Match is retarded as you could get someone on the other side of the planet.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • DoodahDoodah chokes Joined: Posts: 234
    ive played people from japan multiple times and have experienced 0 lag.

sometimes i really think people are just using lag as an excuse to bitch, even when winning.
    NegroNinja wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, there shoulda been like a server wipe and everyone respawns in the America map when the Obama patch was implemented.
    Rep is for I love My Little Pony so much it hurts
    ive played people from japan multiple times and have experienced 0 lag.

sometimes i really think people are just using lag as an excuse to bitch, even when winning.

It's relative I suppose. I've had decent matches with people from Japan and some reaaaaly bad ones. From what I can tell, pings around 140ms and below are ideal and anything bigger is when visible problems start popping up.

A lot of this could've been resolved with some region filters though. I'd beg for that in the next patch if I thought they'd do it.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    Again man, a character winning a tournament is entirely dependent on how many top skilled people enter the tournament with that character.

Tournament players don't just pick the best character, even if that character is consensus number 1. They pick the character whose play style suits them best. If you hate the way a character plays (or are unable to master it) then you're not going to play that character.

Also you must remember that ST is a very balanced game, so while Sim and Boxer might be 1-2, they aren't really that far ahead of the rest of the cast. So you have a game where almost any character has the tools to win, coupled with the fact that Sim isn't a popular character, and you are just not going to see Sim winning tournaments on a constant basis.

I agree with your first point and while I agree players pick who suits their style best to say tiers don't influence people's choice of character including top players is ignorant. Players, most notably the better ones especially will pick the character who they feel comfortable with but also who they know will get them results.

Saying st is a very balanced game is like saying 3s chun is lowtier.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,773
    Wow. That's the first time I ever seen ANYONE say ST is balanced.

I didn't think anyone actually entertained the notion.

I thought it was widely accepted that people played it just cuz it's a fun interesting game and you don't need to be a technical whiz to become amazing at it.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    I just re-watched a little of that X-Mania where Honda, Blanka, and Hawk beat Dhalsim, Dictator, and Fei in the finals to win the whole thing. I'm looking forward to videos from the recent Gian Recital, where Claw, Claw, Boxer, Ryu, and Ryu beat Ken, Chun, Honda, N Sagat, and N Sagat in the finals, and in which the most popular characters to qualify were Ryu, then Zangief, then Chun and Boxer, and then N Ken, Guile, and Dhalsim. I don't think I've seen vids from the last X-Mania, where Dictator, Honda, and Blanka beat Ken, Chun, and Boxer in the finals, and where third place was Hawk, Hawk, and Hawk. In the X-Mania before that, Claw, Dhalsim, and Boxer narrowly beat Honda, Chun, and Blanka. Evo results from last year were O Sagat/Ryu/Ken, then Chun, then Ken, then Claw, then Claw/Blanka/Dictator/Honda/Ryu, then Honda, then O Sagat, then Dhalsim. Evo results from the year before that were Claw, O Sagat/Ryu, Boxer/Claw, DeeJay/Boxer, Honda/Dictator/Claw, Chun, Chun, and Ryu/O Sagat. An O Honda player is one of the most dangerous players in the world right now.

That's a pretty good mix, guys. Remix is more balanced, but ST is pretty well balanced in its own right.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    There may be a tiny, miniscule descrepency between what you see in x-mania and what you see in the U.S.:wink: Be it majors or minors I don't think it's a stretch to say we see more top4+ryu entrys then of everyone else combined it's not even up for debate that vst is unbalanced I think I remember an interview where seth said it himself. Not nearly as much as 3s or mahvel and yes I know "everyone can win" but to debate the 4gods aren't that much better then everyone else is laughable at best.

Just ask yourself when at any vst tournament you been to how often do you hear yoga!, ouuurragh ouragh ouuragh ouuuragh ouuragh, tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger, yooohhoooooo?
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    yooohhoooooo
    HF player detected. :bgrin:
  • MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    He's not trying to say the top tier aren't better than the other characters, it's just that overall the tiers aren't all that stacked. And you can't be talking about balance and then discredit good players because american players aren't as good as them. Or is america the only country that matters?

I finally learned to supercombo.
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
    Just ask yourself when at any vst tournament you been to how often do you hear yoga!, ouuurragh ouragh ouuragh ouuuragh ouuragh, tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger, yooohhoooooo?

I totally lol'ed :rofl: