Official SSF2T: HD Remix General Discussion Thread

Comments

• thepinochthepinoch DJpinoch (cuz im a dj) Joined: Posts: 50
    : )
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    God, I wish I had a club.
  • leakeyleakey It's about the RESPECT. Joined: Posts: 89
    3S:OE, HD Remix, and VF5: FS are all half off on XBL this week for Gold members. Looks like a good opportunity for people to pick these games up! Here's the link for proof: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" -Muhammad Ali
    https://twitter.com/nick_leake
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 681
    Does putting the game on classic mode with classic skins actually resemble ST? Because I'm sure I saw on one of the recent Capcom 25th Anniversary tournaments, they were calling it ST and I'm sure they were playing with settings like this.

I'm sorta helping out with a tournament this weekend which is running AE2012, HF and ST and was wanting to know if HDR could be used for ST on xbox 360?
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Does putting the game on classic mode with classic skins actually resemble ST? Because I'm sure I saw on one of the recent Capcom 25th Anniversary tournaments, they were calling it ST and I'm sure they were playing with settings like this.

I'm sorta helping out with a tournament this weekend which is running AE2012, HF and ST and was wanting to know if HDR could be used for ST on xbox 360?

HDR classic is as close as you can get to ST on a console port. There are minor differences between that and arcade-perfect ST, but for all intents and purposes, it will work great for your tournament.

Ideally you would set it to speed 3, since that seems to be close to tournament standards, as well as using original soundtrack and sprites. I think the most important thing is to use the 4:3 aspect ratio, since that widescreen version looks really weird and makes the characters way too big.
    HDR classic is as close as you can get to ST on a console port. There are minor differences between that and arcade-perfect ST, but for all intents and purposes, it will work great for your tournament.

Ideally you would set it to speed 3, since that seems to be close to tournament standards, as well as using original soundtrack and sprites. I think the most important thing is to use the 4:3 aspect ratio, since that widescreen version looks really weird and makes the characters way too big.
    Awesome, thanks alot for the super fast reply.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    Hey thanks man, i was wondering the same thing. Too bad, no old stages.
  • ParrotProphetParrotProphet I love movies Joined: Posts: 156
    I just encountered my VERY FIRST Rage Quitter by the name of iKabuki Jo. Anyone know this guy?
    HDR: Fei Long, Ken / GGAC+: Sol, Johnny
    VFFS: Jacky, Sarah, Lei(for fun)
    P4A, 3rd Strike, and KOF XIII are all TBA.
    Hey thanks man, i was wondering the same thing. Too bad, no old stages.

Supposedly it would make the game too large and be too much work for the development team to include the old stages. Downloadable games on XBL and PSN have a max size limit on the game, so including the old stages would make it too big. At least that's what we were told by dev team.

Actually, I'm kind of glad they didn't include the old stages. The old sprites already look like shit in HDR, and I'm sure the old stages would've been the same. The sprites look MUCH better on an arcade cabinet.
    Awesome, thanks alot for the super fast reply.

If possible, could you please post results, pictures, and videos of your HF and ST tournaments? If you haven't already, you should advertise your tournaments here on the forums too, in order to get more people to come out to your events!
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    If possible, could you please post results, pictures, and videos of your HF and ST tournaments? If you haven't already, you should advertise your tournaments here on the forums too, in order to get more people to come out to your events!

Also, send stuff to STR and we'll try to publicize it on the website as well.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
    Well it's down here in New Zealand. There's an old school HF community being revived by a dude called BLADE. So this weekend he decided to host an HF, ST and AE2012 (was going to do CE and Anniversary, but we told him those 2 extra would be pointless) tournament. Dunno how much more interest posting on SRK will give since we have a strong community at www.standingfierce.com as well as a bunch of old schoolers on the HF facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NZSTREETFIGHTERHYPERFIGHTING?fref=ts

But I'll be sure to post up photos, results and videos and whatever other media we get!

Edit: @Kurropi, will do, thanks alot. I'll talk to the other guys running it.
    Well it's down here in New Zealand. There's an old school HF community being revived by a dude called BLADE. So this weekend he decided to host an HF, ST and AE2012 (was going to do CE and Anniversary, but we told him those 2 extra would be pointless) tournament. Dunno how much more interest posting on SRK will give since we have a strong community at www.standingfierce.com as well as a bunch of old schoolers on the HF facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NZSTREETFIGHTERHYPERFIGHTING?fref=ts

But I'll be sure to post up photos, results and videos and whatever other media we get!

Edit: @Kurropi, will do, thanks alot. I'll talk to the other guys running it.

Oh I've heard of guys like Blade, and the rest of the NZ crew. I believe Jeff Shaefer went down there awhile ago to play you guys? Or at least planned to?

We have a lot of interest in all things SF2 related, including HF and ST. It'd be awesome to see videos and pictures of you guys in action. Hope to hear more from you guys soon!
    Sweet. Jeff Shaefer was planning to come, but I never heard about him making it down. There was also talks about some HF world championship at Super Dojo, but I think that's fallen through. A few of the HF players were planning to go and there was talks of some Chinese players going over and the OGs coming out to play?

I don't really know, I just attend the HF events and try to play like SF4 lol.
    Sweet. Jeff Shaefer was planning to come, but I never heard about him making it down. There was also talks about some HF world championship at Super Dojo, but I think that's fallen through. A few of the HF players were planning to go and there was talks of some Chinese players going over and the OGs coming out to play?

I don't really know, I just attend the HF events and try to play like SF4 lol.

Most of us here in the ST and HDR section primarily play SF2. Most of us enjoy playing HF, but there's pretty much no scene for it here in the States, so ST/HDR has the biggest scene.

I didn't hear much about a HF world championship at Super Arcade. I know Old_Mastah challenged Watson to HF, but I know for a fact that Watson doesn't practice HF anymore, and only way he's going to play it is at his own arcade. Otherwise, he can't be bothered.
  • freeway230freeway230 Minus the bullsh*t, life's great Joined: Posts: 50
    dope ryu track for you HDR/ST players:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8KGpsTIggU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    King of dis Ryu sh*t @freeway230
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Yo dudes,

I usually play GGPO, but my PC has been busted since I last moved and have been playing on HDR. Is there any forum where you can set up matchmaking? Whenever I just go on randomly, I only really run into players who are not really that great

Looked around but couldn't spot one.
    Most of us here in the ST and HDR section primarily play SF2. Most of us enjoy playing HF, but there's pretty much no scene for it here in the States, so ST/HDR has the biggest scene.

I didn't hear much about a HF world championship at Super Arcade. I know Old_Mastah challenged Watson to HF, but I know for a fact that Watson doesn't practice HF anymore, and only way he's going to play it is at his own arcade. Otherwise, he can't be bothered.

Its sweet we actually have a really solid HF scene up here in Vancouver, so we are able to get a decent mix of ST and HF at our local arcade.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    Yo dudes,

I usually play GGPO, but my PC has been busted since I last moved and have been playing on HDR. Is there any forum where you can set up matchmaking? Whenever I just go on randomly, I only really run into players who are not really that great

Looked around but couldn't spot one.

Its sweet we actually have a really solid HF scene up here in Vancouver, so we are able to get a decent mix of ST and HF at our local arcade.

Odds are, just throw your handle out on the matchmaking section, or on these forums, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to play some games with you. At least you're a SRK forum member, which gives you more cred than random trolls on HDR.

You guys are pretty lucky to have any kind of active SF2 scene. Do you guys have a website, or any kind of site with videos and pictures? It'd be awesome to che out what you guys in Canada are doing.
    Odds are, just throw your handle out on the matchmaking section, or on these forums, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to play some games with you. At least you're a SRK forum member, which gives you more cred than random trolls on HDR.

You guys are pretty lucky to have any kind of active SF2 scene. Do you guys have a website, or any kind of site with videos and pictures? It'd be awesome to che out what you guys in Canada are doing.

here ya go : http://www.youtube.com/user/SFVancouver

well for what its worth, I am around right now if anyone wants to play on PSN.
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    What's your PSN ID? I'm always looking for people to play. I can point you in the direction of most of the better players as well, you'll get most of them on later at night on PSN.
    GGPO name : madpossum
    What's your PSN ID? I'm always looking for people to play. I can point you in the direction of most of the better players as well, you'll get most of them on later at night on PSN.

everypowerranger

I would be looking to play classic mode more then anything else, cause I like playin O. Ken, but I am cool with HDR balance too
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    Cool, I play classic (can't get GGPO to work on my PC anymore either, LOL) and Remix, though I slightly prefer Remix. I'll send you a friend request.
    GGPO name : madpossum
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,202
    Got to play Afrocole last night when he came down from portland to visit Eugene's SRK League. Played him in HDR (classic mode... but still!). Awesome stuff :D
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    who is the easiest character to play in this game ?
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw

It depends at which level of play you're talking about. Honda is fairly easy to learn, and can destroy new players, but has a tougher time against anyone with a fireball. I would say Claw would be the easiest overall to use, but it still takes quite a lot of work to play him against high-level players.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,223
    The easiest is Ken, in my opinion. You can get some good wins off players without even knowing about his tatsu mix-ups and so forth. Vega is easier too but you have to be able to play defense with him to succeed. He's very vulnerable to mix-ups and cross-ups. I'd say go with Ken.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608

This is a no brainer. T Hawk. Pick him up, you won't look back. He has some of the easiest moves in the game.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Depends on what you find easy to do.

The first moves I did in Sf were mash moves like LL and Hundred Hands.
    After that, doukens/shoryu.

ST in general isn't easy.
    I find HDR ken to be easier than N ken considering how hard he was buffed. With the super and the shoryu buffs it's hard to even try to zone the guy.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
    I believe the easiest characters in the game to play, as a total beginner, would be Honda and Blanka. They both have some fairly powerful options to net you some early wins, especially in regard to mixups.
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    Are there still players active from Japan on HDR? From what I know, a fair number of JP players play exclusively on HDR (Classic) and not on GGPO. I've put off buying an Xbox+HDR for like three years since GGPO was good enough, but lately I've been thinking of joining the club -- very late, I know. Netcode and rollbacks are worse than GGPO, but would pings between 130-180ms be playable? Most JP players I know (from GGPO) have a ping in that range to me, although a few are a lot higher as well. Just wondering if it's worth getting an XBOX+Live solely for HDR at this late stage or not.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Are there still players active from Japan on HDR? From what I know, a fair number of JP players play exclusively on HDR (Classic) and not on GGPO. I've put off buying an Xbox+HDR for like three years since GGPO was good enough, but lately I've been thinking of joining the club -- very late, I know. Netcode and rollbacks are worse than GGPO, but would pings between 130-180ms be playable? Most JP players I know (from GGPO) have a ping in that range to me, although a few are a lot higher as well. Just wondering if it's worth getting an XBOX+Live solely for HDR at this late stage or not.

I don't know if this is an issue with HDR/XBL but in the past, I would have decent pings with Japanese playes (but never as good as GGPO). When I tried logging on to HDR a couple of months ago, I noticed my pings with Japanese players jumped to the high 200s. On GGPO, I still have pings around 140 to Japanese players. I spoke with XSPR about this and he agreed that sometime last year, something seemed to have changed that started making connections worse with long distance connections.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    That's pretty interesting. I ping 200+ to maybe a quarter of Japanese players, and the other 3/4 are around 150ms or lower. Are you able to see people's ping on HDR, or is it just displayed using bars? I wouldn't think the ping increase has anything to do with HDR itself -- it's probably the routing path changing every few months.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I have a feeling that xbox pulled some bandwidth from HDR and moved it to more popular games.
    Ah shit..    
  • Super1NYCSuper1NYC Superior Fighters 1nc (SF1) Joined: Posts: 612
    Some recent fights, rage mail and praise mail:

• tasumakadamtasumakadam Joined: Posts: 4
    Does anyone still play on PSN? I don't see anyone playing anymore :/ 

PSN ID: adamiswambo
    The No Honor Crew occasionally holds tournaments on PSN and they play casuals there. 
  • leakeyleakey It's about the RESPECT. Joined: Posts: 89
    Someone add me on XBL:  Leakey88.  I need more experience as I am ass.
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" -Muhammad Ali
    https://twitter.com/nick_leake
  • Mister45ACPMister45ACP Joined: Posts: 4

leakey said:
    Someone add me on XBL:  Leakey88.  I need more experience as I am ass.
    I usually play evenings EST. look for me "Mr FortyFiveACP"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ  Come and take them.
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    I am back to playing hdr!

CWheezy22 on xbox live!
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 467
    Good games to Kross and Stargirl on psn.

psn: HelKice