Vampire Savior: advanced link combos & important notes

Comments

• RotaniborRotanibor @ROTANIBOR Joined: Posts: 202
    www.twitch.tv/rotanibor Streaming Vampire Savior! Playing on the original arcade board!
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    Good to see that Vs Is still getting played on GGPO. Im Darkmatter btw to the few that remember me. I'll be getting a stick and my net back on sometime in December.

Question, how many american players are usually in the vs room a day?
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
  • FaykFayk OVAHDRIVE! Joined: Posts: 330
    Question, how many american players are usually in the vs room a day?

Do you mean how many different players, or how many are on at the same time, at once? At the same time varies wildly - after a server crash or certain times a day, there will be 0-5 people, but there are other times, that even within the last week it's 15+.

It spikes, a bit - partly because some people only stick around in the channel if others are already there. Most people play at least one other game (or don't idle on ggpo at all) - so some people like me will be in the Jojos room instead 50% of the time.
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    My apologies for not making myself completely clear. Yeah, I wanted to know how many americans are in the vs room all at once. 0-5 sounds ugly, but when i get my net back on i'll be on around 9:30-10:00pm eastern time, so thats 1 extra guy i guess.

So you're into Jojo's a? I like Jojo too, but it was only like 3-5 people in there max when i use to play; that along with the fact, u get more button delay in cps3 games then cps2 ones, and in a game like jojo's u can't afford any type of delay.

Games i usually play Are Marvel vs capcom, VS and Jojo's if the player base and button delay is better.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
  • //Jais//Jais Runaway Joined: Posts: 602
    All relevant info compiled @ www.Dustloop.com
  • Chipp Zanuff v5Chipp Zanuff v5 Tell me where it hurts.... Joined: Posts: 917
    I know along time ago i said i would do the aulbath page and i never got around to doing it. Well, I did alot of it today and if i have any more time i will add some more stuff.
    XBL: Bus Orez

Guilty gear xrd: ky
    USF4: Zangief
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    I know along time ago i said i would do the aulbath page and i never got around to doing it. Well, I did alot of it today and if i have any more time i will add some more stuff.

if you're still playing VS, we need to set something up man. I heard you were good!
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
    I havent played VS in years but I have considered playing again, Marvel 3 has me hooked atm.

• psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    Psychorarity presents:

SHINJUKU SPORTSLAND SESSION [5-10-98]:

42 matches, one video, 1:06:30!
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
    How many people are playing this on ggpo nowadays? Back when i played, shit was hella packed online

How many people are playing this on ggpo nowadays? Back when i played, shit was hella packed online

depends on the day. Usually not many to a pretty packed room.

however most of the remaining players are of a very good level, more so than back in the day when GGPO first dropped. You should hop on sometime so we can mash

even though GGPO may be stagnant sometimes, kajoq and company has done a very good job getting vampire savior into the tournament scene. Over the last 2 years, most majors have had a decent vampire savior tournament turnout.

if you came back and played nothing but the good people on there, I doubt you would be disappointed with our skill level. Especially considering how bad the room was during 2k7-9
    There were a few good players back in the day. Bizm, mightymar, magman, and the japanese guys. If everyone on ggpo is good then i might hop back on.

• Noble CactusNoble Cactus 56k Days Joined: Posts: 8,476
    Awesome. That's the training mode?

Also, how far along is the guide?
    There were a few good players back in the day. Bizm, mightymar, magman, and the japanese guys. If everyone on ggpo is good then i might hop back on.

mar still plays often. bizm still plays often but its mostly offline and magman can't stand to play me or kajoq for more than 7 games lol. He got thrashed up pretty good but he was rusty but w\e. Its just a game, have fun

you can hit me up on AIM. If you see me on, chances are that I will play and its very easy to get in touch with me there.

my aim SN is shoultzula, just like my srk handle.
    Awesome. That's the training mode?

Also, how far along is the guide?

rithli went MIA on us, chances are he got caught up with something for school or other activities. This was my portion I was going to contribute to the guide which could be later implemented. As of now, the guide is mainly on stand by. Rithli had the most optimal layout and it would explain the game perfectly and I would hate to take his idea and run away with it. I'll wait and see what he wants to do.

I threw this up before I forgot how to use the program and its a pretty good training mode w\o actually owning the game. Everyone can use the FBA ggpo comes with and make it very easy to set up a ghetto training mode.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/cmvrlq

redid the exercises and some changes.

- added full chicken block to practice guard breaks.
    - added a reversal practice after knock down.
    - added FBA playbacks so new players can see how to use the exercises.

the total amount of things so far I've implemented brings it up to 11 different exercises.
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest Da Last Real N*gga Left Joined: Posts: 763
    Been playing Vampire on GGPO, lately. I'm main Talbain and sub Jedah & Anakaris. I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game. What should I be doing with each character? Any strengths or weaknesses I should be looking out for? Jed and Anak are fun as hell, but their play style has me perplexed.

Wonder why I'm even wasting my time
    Even replying to letcha know I don't feel you
    Fuck 'em!

-TI-
  • Heroic_LegacyHeroic_Legacy Hero of all Theory Fighters Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Wolf? Keep jumping. Have fun with jumping. Jump more. Beast Cannon is fun.

Jedah? Air games, learn how to poke properly and move quick. Knockdown mixups are all he is really good at. But he sucks at getting that knockdown.

Anakaris's playstyle is akin to putting a cheese grater on each asscheek and riding a horse. Sorry for your loss.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    <3 Talbain and jumping kappa
  • sung_moonsung_moon Joined: Posts: 220
    saw my friend playing this a bit yesterday on ggpo. looked interesting. kinda wanted to try out victor (who my friend was using)

seems pretty easy to learn, really good normals, high damage, and i like how u can add lightning heh. any other characters you guys suggest for somebody who has never played VS?
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    saw my friend playing this a bit yesterday on ggpo. looked interesting. kinda wanted to try out victor (who my friend was using)

seems pretty easy to learn, really good normals, high damage, and i like how u can add lightning heh. any other characters you guys suggest for somebody who has never played VS?

Not Anakaris

That is pretty much the list. You can chose your character and have a fun time with them besides Anak.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

anakaris is reserved for people who want to deal with that atrocious crap, its definitely not for beginners

I think all characters do well in VS but some are more scrub friendly than others. If you want to play as victor, go for it. As long as you put in work and develop a good push block, you will have a fighting shot.

If for some reason you struggle with victor, not uncommon, I recommend trying sasquatch or talbain\felicia. sas\talbain are top tier easy characters to play and felicia is high mid tier. They are very basic with strong mixups, high damage and good normals. Felicia is a pretty good character for newer players familar with SF because she has one of the fastest\best AA's in the game with s.lk.

if there is 1 bit of advice I recommend to new players, its develop a good 4 button push block. The matchup #'s change in VS depending on how good you can push. The worse off your push, the worse off your bad matchups will become. If you get a good push block and use god like player skill, almost any character can do well most times.
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Don't use Demitri.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727

Strictly in terms of guard cancels(gc's), I've laid out a list of characters based on the merits & flaws of their gc's. Before going into this first, gc's and tech hits(pushblocks) are the two available options that characters have while in blockstun(and yes, anakaris being the exception). Looking beyond these options are the actual unique characteristics that each character possesses with their respective gc's which make their guard cancels viable as an option or not.

[Aside from Anakaris] Each character's tech hit ability is universal, and the implications of teching are always the same. Teching takes a character who is in a defensive position, and allows space for the merits of the player/character who teched to get him out. Ideally a tech is performed at the right time and the defending player is able to recover from the tech in frame advantage, or at least push the opponent away to a position where advancing with more pressure gets stuffed [or does not appear to be viable.]. Ill placed techs (that are successful), normally lead the main player to defending more of the opponent's pressure. Teching should be the default [and to some extent the knee-jerk] reaction against offensive pressure. While in higher levels, it can be 'baited,' at lower levels, getting into the habit of eying when to tech hits, whether it be staggered in and out single hit offense, or chains & long block strings, is always a viable option.

When in a defensive posture, there is a two phase flowchart you can go through before deciding whether or not to guardcancel:
    1. Can I reliably predict when i'm going to block an attack?
    no->block/retreat/df pop
    yes->
    2. Will Teching provide enough of a pressure gap to allow my character to change the pace of the match in my favor?
    no->tech
    yes->gc

Part 1 of this two phase question is the assessment of whether or not a guard cancel can be executed. it is a variable measurement of what the player sees and reacts to against an opponents offence. Quite simply, if you can reliably predict, block, and dp(or gc shortcut ) normally, then gcing becomes that much more of a viable option. If you aren't sure whether or not you're in a position to guard cancel OR tech, you may very well not need to, and attempting to do so may very well be more for your undoing than benefit.
    Otherwise, if you are midscreen, and can afford to retreat backwards towards the corner, it may be worth the risk to give space in hopes of at least neutralizing a defensive position. Dark force popping will normally do the opposite, scaring the opponent away from you, depending on the character's darkforce(hyper/super armor dark forces, flight dark forces, victor). DF pops are one of the main reasons why I reccommend always having a meter or two on stock to allow for this option.

The second part assesses the outcome. Ideallistic guard cancels will yield a knockdown. Of the entire cast,bbhood, Lei lei [in a roundabout way] and *Anakaris are the only characters who's guard cancels do not net a player a knockdown on a successful hit(this is of course solely the guard cancel). This being the case(a knockdown), use guard cancels brings about implications that the player intends not just to neutralize a situation, but to completely reverse it, and place the opponent in a defensive posture having to deal with oki(wakeup).

To add to this, one must also assess the negative outcomes of a successful guard cancel, which are primarily whiffing and getting stuffed(beaten out).
    The latter scenario occurs typically with [what I have deemed as] class 3 guard cancels due to there slow startup.
    Judging whether a gc will wiff or not one must account the nature of the position of the opponent's offence. Generally what I look for is if the opponent is low and afar(a character to a half character away), or if they are pressuring with quick recovering light attacks from a low distance.
    Using these paramaters along with the list below should allow you(the player) to best decide when to guard cancel.

Class 1 - Conventional Guard Cancels
    The following characters have guard cancels that do exactly what they're suppose to do, and are reliable at doing so. Their gc's are reliable when rationalizing between gcing, and tech hitting.
    All of these guard cancels, have different attributes that gives them utility:

Demitri - Demitri has the most reliable 'shoryuken' dp in the game. as a guardcancel, it is just as strong, but the pure vertical nature of this gc's hitbox makes it suceptible to fast blocked normals from afar.

Lilith - As a gc, Lilith's gc is at a decent startup speed and reaches out horizontally enough to catch opponents. [I find it to be ideal.]

Morrigan - One of the fastest in the game. reliable due to its speed, though it does lack the horizontal range that other characters have.
    Bishamon - Bish's GC is a standard dp, I have not come across it much against the bish's i've played against[which i account to the lack of bish players really]. This being said, I think bish has an open option to choose between teching and using one of his own normals[which are great imo!], or guard canceling to change and/or neutralize the curreny rhythmn in a match. Bishamon is actually a character that I will universally tend to gc against. Good offensive pressure from bishamon leaves players to answer to his high-priority normals after successful tech hits.

Victor - While he is a powerhouse in terms of the priority of his normals, Victor's playstyle is very partial to the use of his guard cancel. the hitboxes and direction of his gc are very favorable, and additionally, he is generally safe when using the light/medium versions on block, allowing him to transition into offensive movement.

Zabel (L. Raptor) - Zabel's gc has a great disjoined hitbox upon activation, and has reasonable startup (±8f). from what i recall, Zabel's gc or ES gc can be converted into an unblockable j.lk setup.
    Felicia - Felicia's guardcancel is a two part gc that knocks down differently depending on part opponents are hit by and where they are getting hit. There are cases where an aerial opponent can be successfully hit by the first rising hit of felicia's guard cancel, but recover in time to block and reposté the following hits.

Qbee - Qbee's gc is a two part gc. she actually hits on the springing and then on the way up of her gc. Knowing this, she has the potential to make aerial opponents recover before her should she only hit with the first half of her gc. Due to the nature of the character though, qbee can afford to tech hit most attacks and retaliate with an appropriate air/ground normal.

Talbain - Talbain's gc is by not means fast (nor does it carry its own invincibility), but imo his gc has utility, due to the ability to maneuver after it. this allows him to safely reposition himself on hit or block.

Jedah - Jedah's guard cancel has great horizontal reach. The only scenario that i have found jedah's guard cancel to be a unreliable answer thus far has been against blocked demitri drills(all versions wiff). Jedah does have one of the slower gc's, at 13 frames of startup (which is around the lower-mid range).

Class 2 - special case - These Guard Cancels are viable options under must more stringent conditions for the following characters. Teching, df popping, up/back, or old fashion blocking are generally their preferred options over guard cancels

Bulleta(BB hood) - BB's gc is one of the great novelties of vampire savior. Her gc makes her dissapear and appear behind the opponent in approcimately 35 some frames(most of which she is invincible). The obvious uses are for long blockstun moves(brilliant shower, sas's big beam, leilei's s.hp, cruel hunting, etc.). Generally BB players get by defensively with teching and up/back.attack.

Anakaris (Analog Chalice)- Anakaris's gc is ES only, and leaves him at a disadvantage. Nonethaless, it is a viable option for at least resetting the pressure, also his ES gc is the only defensive option he has while blocking. Anakaris is very much dependent on either controlling space from afar, or controlling the pace of the match with his hi/lo game, and frame traps.

Class 3 - Minimal/no use: Characters of this final class have guard cancels that are unreliable, and are generally disregarded in high level gameplay. Teching, df popping, up/back, or old fashion blocking are generally their preferred options over guard cancels

Aubath (Rikuo)- Aubath's guard cancel is one of the slowest in the game(24F). This coupled with the fact tha there is no natural invulnerability to the moves leaves aubath's gc to get stuffed before his gc completely executes more often than not. As such, teching is his primary defensive option. Fortunately, he has the repitoire of fast & safe normals for answers after successful techs.

Sasquatch - Sas's guard cancel [from my previous experience] seems as unreliable as aubath's guard cancel. On paper, sasquatch's guard cancels have a respectable startup that range from 7 to 10 frames.(7/10/9/9). From further assessment, where I think sasquatch is mediocre in his frame data, he suffers from the lack of inherent invincibility frames. Additionally, the hitboxes of his gc(the spinny foot) are located well within his hurtbox, which extends significantly further than the hitbox of the foot. No worries though, Sasquatch has an amazing offensive game, and aerials/specials/normals which can sufficiently assist him after a successful tech.

Leilei (Hsien Ko) - Leilei has the slowest guard cancel, at [at least 29 frames]. To be viable, a leilei player must also be proficient at pendulum canceling, on top of gc timing. There are applicable scenarios that her gc can be used, but like aubath, leilei has the normals that allows for teching and responding with the appropriate normals.

And thats it [for now].

-gb
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,425
    Yo for real, GGPO vampire gets me tight. What happend to the 50 something people playing in the summer. Where da fans at?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • LuxeonLuxeon That guy you mopped the floor with Wednesday Joined: Posts: 76
    Yo for real, GGPO vampire gets me tight. What happend to the 50 something people playing in the summer. Where da fans at?

People have have schooling and jobs.
    But I still play when possible, so even if you have difficulty waving through AFKior, the others still exist.
    Maybe you could practice execution when waiting, as it seems to help a lot with both waiting and generally improves my dubious timing.
    "You don't see kids midnight blissing each other on the playground."
    -Not SRK.
    "I heard on History Channel that Adam couldn't keep it in his fig leaf. Cheated on Lilith with Morrigan or some shi(f)t."
    -SRK
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    I've been playing since last Summer when I was ass at the game. I usually play every other day and I average about 60-70 matches a week. Sometimes AFK Savior is too strong and I skip a day so I only play like twice a week, but I'm on 4-5 times a week on average.
  • KajoqKajoq Tenraiha Joined: Posts: 919
    Vampire Savior Results from Final Round XV:

15 entrants
    1st - Kajoq
    2nd - Kylew
    3rd - Actionhank
    4th - Ailerus
    5th - Sluch
    5th - Pat
    <mef> kajoq your leilei is like knife
    <O-Bee> Mr. Kajoq you have very funky leilei. good vs. thx
  • ChrisDomChrisDom Oh! So free. Joined: Posts: 12
    Thanks to everyone coming out to FR and playing some Vsav. It was great hanging with you guys.

Playlist to Top 3: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5D3BC42C5B71C1F
  • Dash'Dash' Joined: Posts: 153
    Good job man. You remember the characters used?
    Dustloop has the full results and who they used. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?334-Final-Round-XV-%282012%29-Vampire-Savior-Results
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    What's the best console version of Darkstalkers? I take it Vampire Savior is the enduring "tourney standard" game- is the version on Vampire Darkstalkers Collection for PS2 a good port?
  • TiggyTiggy j.B loop > Skittles Joined: Posts: 2,060
    It was great meeting you gbursine! I was honored that you remembered playing against me a couple years ago :)
    Kludge: i don't think it's fair to compare professionnal fighting games to doujins like sfxt

<BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> thats the goal of ah3
    <BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> stay out of jail long enough to be the best

I accidently the password to the other account, so gimme a bit.
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    It was great meeting you gbursine! I was honored that you remembered playing against me a couple years ago :)

a pleasure meeting you Tiggy! I am honored that you hold me with such high regard.

Regarding this weekend, it was euphoric being in good company. chrisdom you are mad chill. I enjoyed playing all the random that we played except vsav.(lol we will get a match next time.)

Kyle has really taken the midwest Vampire Savior Scene places, and if any of you folks are looking for a fun time with a bunch of laid back dudes, cinci is the place to be.

I will be in full force for the next tournament!
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
    Yep yep. Great event and it was nice meeting everyone. Thanks to Kyle for all his preparations.
    I'll get some matches with you one day Gbur.
    Here's the playlist for "GGPO vs Arcade Legacy"
  • Vigilante 8Vigilante 8 All the way from Ryu de Janeiro. Joined: Posts: 22
    Hi, I have a question about the console ports.

I was listening to a VSav podcast (not sure of the name, I got the link on the EVO chat) and got interested in playing the game. On the podcast though, the players said that the version available on PSN (Darkstalkers 3) wasn't good. I'm curious to know why.

Is cause there's a lack of online play, or there's frame data differences from the original arcade version. Why not pick up the version on PSN?
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    it suffers the same problems as a lot of psx ports of fighting games, sprites were down-scaled and frames of animation dropped to fit the game onto a psx disk.
  • Vigilante 8Vigilante 8 All the way from Ryu de Janeiro. Joined: Posts: 22
    So my best chance to play the game is by getting a ROM and playing it on GGPO?
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 900
    Yep. If you can track down the sega saturn version that's pretty good as well. I know the ps2 vampire collection has the sega saturn version(for all intents anyway) as an unlockable, i *think* it's a perfect port of that. I may be wrong about that so don't quote me.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    does Nuki still play this game? even casually?
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    8/2
    twitch.tv/arcadelegacy
    [VSAV Ranbat]
    @ArcadeLegacyOH will be streaming a brutal Single-Game, Single-Elim style event starting @ ~9PM EST!!!

You can check out their facebook community page @ https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=https://www.facebook.com/groups/197383233629950/
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • ailerusailerus ni hao Joined: Posts: 1,335
    Thanks for the plug, zar. Can't wait to go to Skillionaire in 7 days!!
    "That's what happens when you don't have the master's skill...you know what I mean...your muthafuckin money get taken if you ain't comin wit it."
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    does Nuki still play this game? even casually?

Nah he's retired this game for quite a while.
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psDOw...ure=plpp_video

Playlist from 2nd Skillionaire VSAV tourney. GF's is shown first in the playlist, sorry about that.
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
  • RotaniborRotanibor @ROTANIBOR Joined: Posts: 202
    Vampire Savior Side Tournament @ ReveLAtions 2k12

WHERE:
    L3 Santa Monica Place Mall
    395 Santa Monica Place
    Santa Monica, CA 90401
    [url]http://​www.santamonicaplace.com/[/url]

WHEN:
    Saturday, August 18th 2012 @ 1:30 pm

DETAILS:
    Tournament will be ran on a Vampire Savior arcade board via Supergun, using older HRAP style sticks.

$4 Entry
    -Must have already entered a main game or registered for a 3-day spectator pass(spectator pass is $10).
    -You can pre-register for a spectator passhere: [url]http://​tournamentlegacy.com/​registration/​general-registration[/url]
    -Pot split will be 75% for 1st place, 25% for 2nd place if there are less than 12 entrants. A pot split of 70%, 20%, 10% will happen if there are 12 entrants or more.

Double Elimination Bracket
    3/5 matches tournament format; 3/5 matches for winners/losers/grand finals

Tournament details are being handled by Rotanibor and B-izm.

If there is a stick or button problem, stop playing immediately and let us know. We will fix the problem and restart the round.

Facebook Event Invite
    http://www.facebook.com/events/270206393080500/
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Random question because i'm curious, but what are your guys opinions on the release of a new VS game? Will you convert or stick with the oldies/goodies? Has anything concrete about the new game/rerelease been confirmed? Any hopes for specific system changes?
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Random question because i'm curious, but what are your guys opinions on the release of a new VS game? Will you convert or stick with the oldies/goodies? Has anything concrete about the new game/rerelease been confirmed? Any hopes for specific system changes?
    Only fl0e wants a new game so he won't lose to the worst character in the game year after year
    Depends if it is good and feels like a true sequel, very doubtful that will happen
    Nope, just funny reading everyone's dreams get crushed at every event
    Hunter style hitboxes

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm not wanting a new Vampire game at all. I don't really like the direction Capcom has gone to in the past few installments. Games that help people not feel like complete ass was all fine and good, but VSAV even at lower levels isn't terribly hard to get into. It's just the overall metagame and odd system mechanics that makes it as deep and varied as it is. Hell Capcom now has a game that had to be patched mid-life to get rid of a game breaking glitch! So I'm not too confident in their ability to create a well done sequel to the franchise.
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm not wanting a new Vampire game at all. I don't really like the direction Capcom has gone to in the past few installments. Games that help people not feel like complete ass was all fine and good, but VSAV even at lower levels isn't terribly hard to get into. It's just the overall metagame and odd system mechanics that makes it as deep and varied as it is. Hell Capcom now has a game that had to be patched mid-life to get rid of a game breaking glitch! So I'm not too confident in their ability to create a well done sequel to the franchise.

Im with you on that. I dont trust Capcom to make the game well. But at the same time I wouldn’t mind seeing a new one as long as the core mechanics thats in every game are still in like how every move is done in real time, (no super flash) ES moves, Guard Cancels, chain combos and the like.

What Id hope Capcom would do is that they would try to make an effort toward making the pace and flow of feel similar to Vampire Savior where matches can go back and forth very quickly and high level matches are usually about 100 real time seconds long so they would make for a speedy tourney game.

Overall though, I don’t really mind seeing a new game. I just don’t trust Capcom to actually put in the kind of directional focus to actually make the game to that caliber where it’s a great tourney game and end up relying on selling gimmicks like cinematics for certain moves that wear out the novelty quick and just end up slowing down the momentum or putting in a 5 frame window for reversals or putting in some subsystem that makes reversals safe.

Not to menion how stupid they are when it comes to making the goddamn netcode.
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    I just wish they would have rereleased rather than just throwing the ps1 version on the store
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    https://twitter.com/SKILLENNIUM/status/240130916796727296

Just a reminder for you guys (in link above). The LAST SKILLIONAIRE FIGHTING EVENT is THIS FRIDAY (oh,shit so many caps). VSAV is looking nuts right now and I guarantee you there will be upsets and much to rage about from attendants. Don't miss out on the seat-slipping conclusion of the series and pass the word on to the vampire fam!!

Final Lap
    8/31
    @7PM EST