Vampire Savior: advanced link combos & important notes

Comments

• KerseyKersey Cyrax Wins Joined: Posts: 504
    Us scrubs in Vegas are throwing a tournament for this game just in time for Halloween. Supergun setup w/TE sticks. With some freak luck maybe we can attract some of the 892389889 SFIV players to the game.
  • SasakiSasaki *~ Stardust Drop ~* Joined: Posts: 1,343
    @Xenozip: Discussion taken to PM's. Don't like cluttering the board with this.
    "You should be able to win a match without using a single special or super move. No normals, no game, know normals, know game, I tell you!" - Jerry "normal" Bell
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    5on5 Grand Finals.

Fumio(Felicia)/Yokohama(Lei-Lei)/Teitoku(Jedah)/Sasazuka(Q-Bee)/Sakai(Zabel)

vs

Shimatsuya(Jedah)/Chikyuu(Anakaris)/Oboro(Victor)/Dara(Demitri)/Kaji(Lilith)

Fumio vs Shimatsuya x-o

Yokohama vs Shimatsuya x-o

Teitoku vs Shimatsuya x-o

Sasazuka vs Shimatsuya o-x (1-3)

Sasazuka vs Chikyuu x-o

Sakai vs Chikyuu o-x

Sakai vs Oboro o-x

Sakai vs Dara o-x

Sakai vs Kaji o-x (5-4 final score)

Basically, Sasazuka and Sakai take 2 pot monsters onto their team. Teitoku is an OG, glad to see him back, along with arai@cat-k. Sakai is a machine, it wasn't looking so great for team low tier at the start. You got the best top tier player that is basically a machine, against machines using low tiers. Kaji put up a great fight, but was overwhelmed by the zoning and execution of Sakai.

3rd place team (let's see if I can do this off of memory...)

Arai @cat-k(Felicia)/bow(Aulbath)/takahashi(Gallon)/Mano(Lilith)/yamakawa(Zabel)
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • GéminiGémini Joined: Posts: 8
    Hi ^^

Somebody knows who is the winner of the vampire savior single tournament at Dcc2010?
  • el_diabloel_diablo Joined: Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Orecon with Felicia. Egolei got 2nd (Lei-Lei), Panpiina 3rd (Q-Bee), Megane 4th (Demitri).
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,572
    Boo hisssss, good shit everyone at SB, kajoq, mar, other guy.

Always reminding me why I love this game and also reminding me why I should practice.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
  • KajoqKajoq Tenraiha Joined: Posts: 919
    Good stuff man. Glad to get some games in again. Pop in on GGPO more often
    <mef> kajoq your leilei is like knife
    <O-Bee> Mr. Kajoq you have very funky leilei. good vs. thx
  • MightyMarMightyMar Why you lose to me? Joined: Posts: 391
    Rawr vampire savior greatest game ever.
    "Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
    "That was the worst strategy ever. Buy an official book!"

Why You Lose To Me?
  • JazzJazz Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 3,087
    still learnin

ggs though

mightymar is good to play with to learn

the supergun setup is raw ray/kajoq

see you guys at Final Round
    I think some ppl should join the madden community
    Vampire Savior GGPO Euro Touney Throwdown for greater justice results:

1st- PsychoTron- Bishamon (aka Beasthamon)

2nd- TSF- Zabel Za Rock your Face

3rd- Korey- Handsome FishyFace (ggpo owns you)

Pool Winners are: Korey, TSF, PsychoTron, and Slud Boy

Why You Lose To Me?
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7, the sequel to last year's popular MWC2010, will feature a Vampire Savoir special event.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/ultimate-fighting-game-tournament-7-resurrection-new-chicago-event-may-27-29-2011-a-246957/

This event is TBA, but will be held either Friday or Saturday night during event time, and will be live streamed! I'd like to get as many Vampire-heads there as I can to make this event incredible. Please stop by the UFGT7 thread and let me know what you think and what kind of event you'd like.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    Now for the most hype thing to happen to this game since ggpo put it in and even before when the game came out and died in US's soil in 1998. The game that many of us hold dear to us only to be overlooked in a dark damp corner cursing (lolz) everyone else's game to oblivion while they continue to chuck plasma at each other. Now it is time to come out, now is the time to play for pride, glory. and for the sake of the game. Most importantly now is the time for VSAV to rise from the grave.

Presented by Keits: UFGT our first chance to come out for the game that we have played for years by ourselves is about to get the treatment that it deserves. Lets do this shit in full force and come out to settle all the ggpo scores. So we can see who the real boss of the game is. Let rushdown live again. CURSE you all there.:nunchuck:

Why You Lose To Me?
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    Now for the most hype thing to happen to this game since ggpo put it in and even before when the game came out and died in US's soil in 1998. The game that many of us hold dear to us only to be overlooked in a dark damp corner cursing (lolz) everyone else's game to oblivion while they continue to chuck plasma at each other. Now it is time to come out, now is the time to play for pride, glory. and for the sake of the game. Most importantly now is the time for VSAV to rise from the grave.

Presented by Keits: UFGT our first chance to come out for the game that we have played for years by ourselves is about to get the treatment that it deserves. Lets do this shit in full force and come out to settle all the ggpo scores. So we can see who the real boss of the game is. Let rushdown live again. CURSE you all there.:nunchuck:

This.....allllll of thisssssssssss.

If you guys like VSav, definitely post in that thread and DEFINITELY SHOW UP. I'll be there for sure. Get a little exposure if people don't know you and show them the true power of this game. We're the best the US has to offer, so let's make a strong showing!

Also, congrats to Psychotron and TSF. Techinally I didn't lose either, but I forfeited to psycho when we couldn't connect. But! I'll settle for third and avoid the coin toss. We got a hype finals out of it too. So, good shit to everyone who showed up from Europe and all the American players present too! We wanna have a Euro vs US thing very soon....so let's get some games going!
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
  • Judge FudgeJudge Fudge Judi-licious Joined: Posts: 74
    I really wanna go to this. Sure, I've never had an actual match in this game and have been practicing against the computer for the past 13 years, but I don't care. I'm down like a clown to show up and get bodied in support of this series.
  • HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 757
    ummmm...I think I'm going to MWC. I have to go just for this event alone.
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    VS will be streamed on american soil? ^_^_^_^
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
  • DoctorWho3kDoctorWho3k Got the tools of survival Joined: Posts: 315
    So Ive been playing this and really enjoying it, but since It's on GGPO I don't really have a practice mode. Is DS3 on ps1 close enough that it's even worth downloading for the training room? Where should I go to train is I guess what im asking.
    AKA Remy, if you see me on live and want to play just shoot me an invite.
    Mains
    Marvel:Nova,Frank,Wesker (attempting vergil, zero) SF4:Gief, Bison MK: Jax SCV:Pyrrah SFXT: Bison,HUUUUGO
  • Blank SabbathBlank Sabbath Dokka! Joined: Posts: 72
    VS will be streamed on american soil? ^_^_^_^
    LOL I read that as "American Idol"! :encore:
    aka "wzbz" on GGPO.
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    So Ive been playing this and really enjoying it, but since It's on GGPO I don't really have a practice mode. Is DS3 on ps1 close enough that it's even worth downloading for the training room? Where should I go to train is I guess what im asking.

for defensive related things, I prefer dreamcast version, since it has a record mode. shoutzula has a sweet link to an inf life/trainer/meter thing for ggpo's fba emulator
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    HALP!

Download vsav.ini for free on uploading.com

inside your ggpo folder, there is a cheat folder. Stick this file there. Then open up FBA and one of the emulator settings says MISC. Click that, enable cheats and turn which cheats you want on.

Really good training tool, I love it.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • sasavn01sasavn01 BOOOOOMMMM! Joined: Posts: 194
    Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7, the sequel to last year's popular MWC2010, will feature a Vampire Savoir special event.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/ultimate-fighting-game-tournament-7-resurrection-new-chicago-event-may-27-29-2011-a-246957/

This event is TBA, but will be held either Friday or Saturday night during event time, and will be live streamed! I'd like to get as many Vampire-heads there as I can to make this event incredible. Please stop by the UFGT7 thread and let me know what you think and what kind of event you'd like.

The only tournament I ever wanted to go to is in Chicago... I could seriously cry like bitch right now. Everything for this game is on the East Coast. I am dieing for offline matches with someone other than my main spar buddy. Even online the only players I seem to have a semi-good connection with are like GOD TIER (Skankin, Kenuran, many of the Japanese, Orgasm, Pixie's Talbain (so scary)). Playing them in lag isn't always a complete wash but damn is it difficult to tech and use renda combos.

I hope this tourney/major creates some interest (and brings Cali players to GGPO). If Capcom Execs are there ya'll better find them and put 'em on BLAST like Stewie collect'n his money.
    "You guys just don't understand me."
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    I am going to find a way to make it to Chicago for this
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    Come May 27th, you guys are FOCKED
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • el_diabloel_diablo Joined: Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I am seriously tempted to go... Time to find dat travelling money.
  • Don CalzoneDon Calzone Joined: Posts: 290
    We wanna have a Euro vs US thing very soon....so let's get some games going!

Sweet! I'll start lurking this thread from now on then. And pick up VS on ggpo again :)
    S-L-I-C-E.
    Slice me nice.
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    And here I was about to sell my VS cps-2 board. Good to know VS is still representing.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
  • FaykFayk OVAHDRIVE! Joined: Posts: 330
    I am dieing for offline matches with someone other than my main spar buddy.

What part of california are you in? There are a few california players on GGPO...
    What part of california are you in? There are a few california players on GGPO...

Bay Area. I am always f***ing moving between places, currently in Walnut Creek.
  • FaykFayk OVAHDRIVE! Joined: Posts: 330
    Bay Area. I am always f***ing moving between places, currently in Walnut Creek.

We probably have a decent ping to eachother if you don't mind playing online. I'm in the vsav or jojos lobbies 90% of the time I'm on GGPO. I'm a bit further south (Santa Cruz / Cupertino area) than you, though I'm not the only one in this general area who has posted in this thread...
    Download vsav.ini for free on uploading.com

inside your ggpo folder, there is a cheat folder. Stick this file there. Then open up FBA and one of the emulator settings says MISC. Click that, enable cheats and turn which cheats you want on.

Really good training tool, I love it.
    Sounds awesome but it keeps telling me my download has expired any idea whats up with that?

Could you email it to me?
    Mains
    Marvel:Nova,Frank,Wesker (attempting vergil, zero) SF4:Gief, Bison MK: Jax SCV:Pyrrah SFXT: Bison,HUUUUGO
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    Come May 27th, you guys are FOCKED

:wonder: Mhmmmmmmmmm.
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
    Sounds awesome but it keeps telling me my download has expired any idea whats up with that?

Could you email it to me?

try running FBA in compatibility mode for Windows XP or just use Mame..........
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,435
    Oh man im stoked to even witness such a thing in america on stream. Who is gonna go to this? I wanna see people i know hella badddd
  • KajoqKajoq Tenraiha Joined: Posts: 919
    I'm gonna do everything I can to be there (With Supergun at that). Im sure MightyMar will be there too, and Skankin CLAIMS hes comin =x
    <mef> kajoq your leilei is like knife
    <O-Bee> Mr. Kajoq you have very funky leilei. good vs. thx
    Got training stuff to work just fine, kinda jankey but way better than arcade mode lol. So i'm really enjoying this game but it's super overwhelming against a reasonable player. I'm getting corner raped like no tomorrow, the game is just soooo fast. Been going through the combos in the start of this thread been helpful. I can't get any of the raging demon style stuff to work, what's the execution on those things like? Just sorta unsure how to approach learning this. I've been using Demitri, B.B and felicia along with just mashing shit with victor. Any general tips or anyone down for some GGPO learnin?
    Mains
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068

Oooooh. I gotta attend that If I can.
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,807
    I can't get any of the raging demon style stuff to work, what's the execution on those things like?
    Cmd-Super - Vampire Savior Wiki
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    the vamp is back!!!

now we just need bizm to play again

yoooo what up kenuran, you need to get on ggpo again man.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.

Sounds like I'm not doing them fast enough.
    Mains
  • $hAoLIn$hAoLIn Joined: Posts: 127
    Hi, I'm new to Vamp Savior and am looking to get cherries popped on my Bulleta/Felicia. Would anyone like the privileges on GGPO/2DF tomorrow around 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (PST)?
    Clockw0rk, X/V-Rolento, Kain, Gato, Denjin, Aegis, Guile

Mentally my energy is like a figure 8, on its side, that's infinity - Mef Tical