The official Cthulhu and ChImp thread - Try our new Dreamcast flavor!

1255256257258259261»

Comments

• Hodo858Hodo858 Joined: Posts: 78
    [/quote]

Never ever do that. The Board is designed for one system at a time only.
    You could damage your PC and Dreamcast and Cthulhu that way [/quote]

yea i didnt know even if the console was powered off, it was still a problem.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    Hodo858 wrote: »

You could damage your PC and Dreamcast and Cthulhu that way [/quote]

[/quote]

Even while powered down, the ICs on the Dreamcast is still getting signals (and power) and can send interfering signals back to the Cthulhu/PC
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Hodo858Hodo858 Joined: Posts: 78
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hodo858 wrote: »

You could damage your PC and Dreamcast and Cthulhu that way

[/quote]

Even while powered down, the ICs on the Dreamcast is still getting signals (and power) and can send interfering signals back to the Cthulhu/PC
    [/quote]

Cool thanks for clarifying that. I was pretty upset when the PC didn't work cuz I spent a lot of time on building the cabinet. Glad I got it sorted out. Thanks again for your input
  • landsatlandsat Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm using MCCthulhu with some RJ45 cables for console without any trouble.

Now i want to make a NEOGEO cable but i don't know how to do this. I have the DB15 pinout but I really don't know how i need to wire everythings.

Thanks.
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 755
    landsat wrote: »
    Hi,

Now i want to make a NEOGEO cable but i don't know how to do this. I have the DB15 pinout but I really don't know how i need to wire everythings.

Thanks.
    landsat wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

You can't do a NeoGeo Cable from a RJ45 connector as the inputs are just pressed/nonpressed. No encoders related.

Just do some external wiring to wire UP Down left .... into the pins you want for the DB15 connector :) i'd suggest using a female connector
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • landsatlandsat Joined: Posts: 2
    OK so easy :)
    Thanks a lot !
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 64
    Is the MC Cthulu still available anywhere? I want to build a multi compatible stick to work on the classic Xbox, Dreamcast, PC, PS3 and snes mini Classic. Can't find these anywhere, nor the PS360+ :(
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 281
    Paradisearcadeshop was where I've purchased mine but looks like they're all out. You could try the trading outlet maybe?
  • SmangSmang Joined: Posts: 25
    anyone know how to update the firmware on an MC Cthulu with a mac?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,621
    edited January 4
    Is the MC Cthulu still available anywhere? I want to build a multi compatible stick to work on the classic Xbox, Dreamcast, PC, PS3 and snes mini Classic. Can't find these anywhere, nor the PS360+ :(
    The MC Cthulhu doesn't work as a Wii Classic Controller, so it won't work on a SNES Classic Edition.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • DaikathDaikath Reborn Sega Fanboy Joined: Posts: 71
    Since the MC Cthulu is now harder to get.. and since I'm learning abouty Arduino.. how hard would it be to write similair software for the Arduino and make the software more easily available?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    Paradise Arcade Shop has a new batch of MC Cthulhu boards in stock. I just ordered one. Get em before they are gone!

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1828-toodles-mc-cthulhu.html
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 64
    Thanks for the heads up, it doesn't mention it at PAS but I'm assuming these are still compatible with dreamcast as per the title of this thread?
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 686
    edited February 8
    edit: NM I found an old thread that explains
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Does anyone know which posts are for each button on the Dreamcast controller on the MC Cthulhu PAS is offering right now? They are labeled like 1P,2K,3K, etc. I understand what that'd be for a PS4 or PS1/2, but I'm not sure which buttons I'll need to wire up on the Dreamcast. Can anyone direct me to a source that shows that? The only Dreamcast info I found was where to solder the dreamcast cable on the board. Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    Here is the Dreamcast Mapping, I cut out the irrelevant parts
    Toodles wrote: »
    Dreamcast:
    1P: X
    2P: Y
    3P: Z
    1K: A
    2K: B
    3K: C
    Start: Start
    @Darksakul Thanks dude!
    @Darksakul Thanks dude!

You are welcome.
    So I completed my stick. I turned my Qanba Q1 into a DC stick. Works perfectly too. I was scared because I messed up on soldering in the 1st row for the legacy consoles but recovered and was able to use row 2. I have a second MC Cthulhu being delivered from PAS and I wanna do a more involved projcect with that one. I wanna make a 6 button Hitbox style controller for the DC! Got a lot of research to do before making that happen. I'll need to make the case out of something, etc. I'll post here when I've finished that one!
  • jblairjblair mmm hotdogs Joined: Posts: 1,483
    I was wondering if anyone had success/problems using a cthulhu stick with fighterz on pc?
    sanwa sticks are for peasants
    edited February 15
    jblair wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had success/problems using a cthulhu stick with fighterz on pc?

Well its Dinput only and the Joystick defaults to using both POV Hat as well as X Y Axis on Windows.
    You can over ride one input or another by holding Select or Start whole plugging in the stick (I always forget which does which).

Example for Mame, I would force XY Axis only and set the controls in the setting.
    Next time I play mame, the setting are in place and the program ignores the POV Hat.

Games that require Xinput, well you have all the usual work arounds, x360ce, Joy2Key, Steam's own built in Plug in, Ect
    As well as Dual-modding with a compatible Xinput Board (Like a Xbox 360 or Xbox One PCB).