The Sacramento (916)- "cuz we hype as S***" Thread!

Comments

• RaveRave Shabasho Joined: Posts: 151
    I think CVS2 would be a great choice.

In addition to the games listed in the first post, this is what I can bring to tourneys.

-KOF XI
    -Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
    -Melty Blood Act Cadenza
    -Arcana Heart
    -T5:DR
    -Fatal Fury Special/RB2
    -Alpha 3

I also have a custom Sanwa for PS2 I can bring.

You guys are on your own for a TV. I've got a 14 inch, and a 300 pound big screen. I don't think either would be worth bringing.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't think there really is a scene for any of those games here in Sacramento, but there may be a few that just happen to play.
    I don't think there really is a scene for any of those games here in Sacramento, but there may be a few that just happen to play.

Yeah, true, that was mainly for completions sake :china:

I think it would be fun to start a Garou scene, or something out of the ordinary.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

I can get at least 4-6 A3 players up from stockton with minimal effort. Probably more if I have a couple weeks heads up.

Just sayin'.
  • demulixdemulix Play Smash Brothers Joined: Posts: 283

you're such a downer

cheer up negative nancy
  • TyramTyram GIVING DA BUSINESS!! Joined: Posts: 3,162
    ok just in case we do get the place for whatever day. I have this question.

Who can bring a tv/tv's?

I can not.

Anyone else?

what i can bring is 1 ps2 MAS with 3 converters to DC and a DC

-RAM
    YouTube: TheRamCam
    Twitter: TyramSRK
    Founder of RAMnation Est. 2003
    GGPO: Tyram
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    I think CVS2 would be a great choice.

In addition to the games listed in the first post, this is what I can bring to tourneys.

-KOF XI
    -Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
    -Melty Blood Act Cadenza
    -Arcana Heart
    -T5:DR
    -Fatal Fury Special/RB2
    -Alpha 3

I also have a custom Sanwa for PS2 I can bring.

You guys are on your own for a TV. I've got a 14 inch, and a 300 pound big screen. I don't think either would be worth bringing.
    SEbastard wrote:
    I can get at least 4-6 A3 players up from stockton with minimal effort. Probably more if I have a couple weeks heads up.

Just sayin'.

Out of Rave's list i think Alpha 3 would most likely be the one other game to throw into the mix because i know a lot of people from Sac play this game (sac state tournies were frequent from what i heard). But our problem lies in the amount of usable t.v.s I can spot two t.v.'s while a friend of mine can bring one t.v. That's three t.v.'s that we have usable. As far as playstation 2's go i am looking at my inventory and i'm in fucked central because they're both broken @_@. But i got a ps3 i might bring if i absolutely have to. My friend has a single ps2 with controllers (but of course everyone is gonna bring their own shit of course ^_^) so that takes care of 3 t.v.'s and 3 consoles. So we got the bare minimum covered. Any support is most appreciated guys. :wgrin:
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
    Out of Rave's list i think Alpha 3 would most likely be the one other game to throw into the mix because i know a lot of people from Sac play this game (sac state tournies were frequent from what i heard). But our problem lies in the amount of usable t.v.s I can spot two t.v.'s while a friend of mine can bring one t.v. That's three t.v.'s that we have usable. As far as playstation 2's go i am looking at my inventory and i'm in fucked central because they're both broken @_@. But i got a ps3 i might bring if i absolutely have to. My friend has a single ps2 with controllers (but of course everyone is gonna bring their own shit of course ^_^) so that takes care of 3 t.v.'s and 3 consoles. So we got the bare minimum covered. Any support is most appreciated guys. :wgrin:

good shit man!

so far:

3 tv's
    1 ps2
    1 DC
    3 ps2 to DC converters
    1 ps2 MAS

I dont see any problems with consoles in the future because if we do have a tourney and we post at least 3 weeks or later in advance people will let us know if they can make it and what they can bring.

Now so far my vote is for the 3 tv's we have now to go to the top 3 games that i know are played out here in sac.

cvs2
    mvc2
    GGXX AC

thats just how i feel about it right now. But we will see what happens. I called great escapes today and they said that there owner will be in tomorrow so i will call them again tomorrow and see what the next step is going to be.

If possible i would like to see weekly sessions at great escape. Maybe every sat or friday night. Who knows at this point the we will see what happens tomorrow.

-RAM
  • fobi0fobi0 YEAH ME TOO!!! Joined: Posts: 3,108
    Whenever you guys run a tourney, if I can make it, I may be able to supply a tv, DC, ps > dc converter, and a DC Agetec stick (maybe two).

Looks like visiting family in Sac won't be so boring anymore. :D
    You bad...
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    :l: is hella down for some A3. It would be nice to get some matches in that weren't me trying to play GGPO on a keyboard.

I can be ghetto and bring a PC monitor and a VGA converter. I've got a DC and some PS2 converters, a PS2, and an extra copy of Alpha Anthology for PS2. Also VF4, which nobody plays.

My Agetec broke on the way to Evo, so I have no sticks, other than the Saturn one. :sad:
    fobi0 wrote:
    Whenever you guys run a tourney, if I can make it, I may be able to supply a tv, DC, ps > dc converter, and a DC Agetec stick (maybe two).

Looks like visiting family in Sac won't be so boring anymore. :D

Heck yeah man, if you can make it down that'd be kewl. Would appreciate that boosted support man. That sounds real fucking good right now. Lets hope you can make it ^_______^
    TS wrote:
    is hella down for some A3. It would be nice to get some matches in that weren't me trying to play GGPO on a keyboard.

I can be ghetto and bring a PC monitor and a VGA converter. I've got a DC and some PS2 converters, a PS2, and an extra copy of Alpha Anthology for PS2. Also VF4, which nobody plays.

My Agetec broke on the way to Evo, so I have no sticks, other than the Saturn one.

Lol, that'd be kewl. I don't care if it's ghetto so long as it works and doesn't cause any kind of screen lag lol. I appreciate the help if you can make it down. =)

depending on if i can make it i have a dc and one of the old dc green arcade sticks i can bring and maybe a ps2 which is modded but i have not used it for a long while so im not sure if it still works.

Good shit man, the more stuff we got to work with, the better time everyone will have and something is guaranteed to work out. I do encourage all to come because i'm going to make this shit big and announce it everywhere as soon as i get a date.

Also, one thing that was brought to my attention recently was the location which i'll post up here and on the first post. Great Escape Games 1250 Howe Avenue, Suite 3A, Sacramento, California 95825. They also have a number you can reach them at (not sure about their business hours but hell they got a website as well) 916-927-0810. www.greatescapegames.com
    In the Sacramento area?

Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • DenshoniDenshoni Red Panda Smuggler Joined: Posts: 102
    Oh my Jam!

I'll definiteley roll down from 707 with Checkerpatch and bring a TV, an extra PS2 and GGAC
    come on ram you know i got a ps2 xbox 360 and 2 sticks for ps2 happ
    come on ram you know i got a ps2 xbox 360 and 2 sticks for ps2 happ

hahah I know nigga I knnow!

call me up this week fool so we can session up!
    hahah I know nigga I knnow!

call me up this week fool so we can session up!

ok, just got back from la and vegas.

<3 sc4, but my best character is yoda
    I've got no problem bringing my TVs if someone isn't available to bring theirs come tourney night.

I've got the 14 inch, and my brother has a 15 inch I can probably borrow.

I've got a spare ps2 or ps3 I can bring as well.

Everything sounds good, but somebody make a decision on what we're playing so I can start re-learning whatever it is. :bgrin:
    Oh yeah, I may also be able to fix joysticks that are broken. Just re-soldering issues mostly, nothing too complicated.
    But I'll take a look at them regardless, see if I can do anything to repair them.

So bring those broken sticks also. I'll fix 'em free of charge. Tips are welcome. :D
    You bad...
    Oh yeah, one other thing. Are we just transplanting the current NorCal fighter scene here, or are we trying to attract new players as well?

If we're trying to attract new players, we might want to start off with a game without a steep learning curve, or a game with a lot of variation to keep them interested.

I know that Great Escape Games used to run UFS, which is the CCG version of Street Fighter, KOF, and Soul Calibur for those who don't know. There was a shitload of people that signed up for those tourneys, so I think interest might be pretty high for our tourneys as well.
  • The OrochiThe Orochi The True Order Joined: Posts: 191
    Ok this is sounding pretty sick, is there a date set for this gathering? I've been fiening to play some Street of any sort
    Oh yeah, I may also be able to fix joysticks that are broken. Just re-soldering issues mostly, nothing too complicated.
    But I'll take a look at them regardless, see if I can do anything to repair them.

So bring those broken sticks also. I'll fix 'em free of charge. Tips are welcome. :D
    My sticks fierce punch is completely out. I got new button and everything, think you can help?
    Well I want to have a good impression on the store owner when and if he lets us throw tourneys and host gatherings as welll so i would say for now we need to stick with the games that we know will attract Nor cal players and that would be.

Cvs2 ps2
    Mvc2 DC
    3s ps2
    GGXX AC Ps2
    Super Turbo DC

now if everything works out the first time then sure in the future we could try some new stuff but we wont people to attend knowing that we are playing these kinds of games that are already big in the scene.

-RAM
    Well I want to have a good impression on the store owner when and if he lets us throw tourneys and host gatherings as welll so i would say for now we need to stick with the games that we know will attract Nor cal players and that would be.

Cvs2 ps2
    Mvc2 DC
    3s ps2
    GGXX AC Ps2
    Super Turbo DC

now if everything works out the first time then sure in the future we could try some new stuff but we wont people to attend knowing that we are playing these kinds of games that are already big in the scene.

-RAM

Line up sounds good Ram, can't wait to see what the owner says. I guess this leaves alpha 3 outta the loop but i still want people to attend because if you come early enough there is gonna be some casuals taking place most likely (i likes to get there early) if its possible and the place is gonna be crackin. Plus i need some guilty gear practice before the tourney so i don't get my ass whipped too bad. I should see if batman77 is gonna want to get in this. Hmmm......:wgrin:
    In the Sacramento area?

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sounds good so far.
    ok so i called them today and the owner will not be in until wed so we still have to wait a few days guys. Lets keep those hopes up though. I have a good fealing about this place.

Cvs2 ps2
    Mvc2 DC
    3s ps2
    GGXX AC Ps2
    Super Turbo DC

-RAM

Guilty gear over alpha 3? Interesting.
    Guilty gear over alpha 3? Interesting.

I made it pretty clear that as long as i run any kind of tourney there will always be a spot for guilty gear. That one was a given. But dun worry just cuz alpha 3 isn't in this tourney doesn't mean it won't be in the future.
    In the Sacramento area?

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
    I'll be down at Great Escape thursday night.

Assuming we get the ok, anyone down for casuals then?

I was really never a part of the Norcal scene, so I don't know everyone's relative skill level, but I can at least keep you from falling asleep in anything but MVC2, ST, or Alpha 3.

I can bring a stick and a small TV as well.
  • demulixdemulix Play Smash Brothers Joined: Posts: 283
    I've been going to Great Escape for smash tournys... the place is massive. Like, hold a 100 man tourny there no problem massive. I'm super busy, but if you get a weekly thing going I'd stop in occasionally.
    I will be unavailable for the weekend of 19th. Just a heads up, since I don't want to miss the first event. :D
    My sticks fierce punch is completely out. I got new button and everything, think you can help?

Yeah, that's no problem. Just a quick pop in, pop out, re-wire/solder/connect, and voila.
    You bad...
    I made it pretty clear that as long as i run any kind of tourney there will always be a spot for guilty gear. That one was a given. But dun worry just cuz alpha 3 isn't in this tourney doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

Just found it wacky that you guys had players for it. Must be a different scene than down here......I think starkilled plays...and that's about it.
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    Just found it wacky that you guys had players for it. Must be a different scene than down here......I think starkilled plays...and that's about it.

same can be said for A3 really. AC was prolly listed because of the variety it adds to the types of fighting game. and for spirit juice :P
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
  • SomSom Joined: Posts: 794
    throw in tekken so i can take people's lunch money
    o.O
    same can be said for A3 really. AC was prolly listed because of the variety it adds to the types of fighting game. and for spirit juice :P

Is there any huge pockets of jojo's bizarre adventure players up there I should know about?
    I should take this chance to see if anyone is interested in learning Hokuto no Ken. I can get you guys copies as long as you provide DVDs and have a modded PS2. :V
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    You can teach me all you want but Souza will still be low tier :(
    Is there any huge pockets of jojo's bizarre adventure players up there I should know about?

I play that game pretty heavily and happen to be pretty decent at it. I still got a working copy for psx and now that i got a dreamcast i should be able to get a copy of it for that. If we can get some casuals of anything started early i'd be happy to take people on in some jojo's.
    I should take this chance to see if anyone is interested in learning Hokuto no Ken. I can get you guys copies as long as you provide DVDs and have a modded PS2. :V

Shit, still working on getting me a modded PS2, but i'd like a copy if you could spare it. And i got plenty of DVD's. I would love to see some HnK tournies in sacramento as well. I watched a few videos and i'm fiening for this game :smokin:
    In the Sacramento area?

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
    You can teach me all you want but Souza will still be low tier :(

I don't really know much about the game either other than the basics. It'll be a learning experience for everyone!
    Shit, still working on getting me a modded PS2, but i'd like a copy if you could spare it. And i got plenty of DVD's. I would love to see some HnK tournies in sacramento as well. I watched a few videos and i'm fiening for this game :smokin:

I'll bring two copies then. Just make sure you guys reimburse me on the DVDs. :smokin:
    yo the owner is there today so I WILL get him on the phone or go see him in person.
    ok so i just got back from Great Escape Games and i spoke to Jordan about the idea and everything is looking good right now but he told me that he would have to talk to the owner about it and also to check on a few other things but from the way our conversation went. I dont think we will have a problem guys. BUT CROSS YOUR FINGERS because this is NOT set in stone yet. He said he would get back to me via e-mail with in a week so all we can do now is wait......

-RAM
    I don't really know much about the game either other than the basics. It'll be a learning experience for everyone!

I'll bring two copies then. Just make sure you guys reimburse me on the DVDs. :smokin:

Sure thing man. I gots a stack.

Tyram wrote:
    ok so i just got back from Great Escape Games and i spoke to Jordan about the idea and everything is looking good right now but he told me that he would have to talk to the owner about it and also to check on a few other things but from the way our conversation went. I dont think we will have a problem guys. BUT CROSS YOUR FINGERS because this is NOT set in stone yet. He said he would get back to me via e-mail with in a week so all we can do now is wait......

*crosses fingers* If we don't get this spot i'm going to riot at the next smash tourney. :looney:
    In the Sacramento area?

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
    ILL BE THERE CVS2 BABY YEAH! i live in roseville so i will be there in a heartbeat just let me know nward311@yahoo.com
    thanks
    consider this my RSVP