WTF??!!! A Lubbock thread???!!!

Dark Man XDark Man X Axe Murderer Silva..Joined: Posts: 540
yo, looking for any comp in Lubbock or the surrounding areas.....play a lot of 3S and GGXX....ya peeps post and rep....one
DMX-Dog 4 Life

Comments

• MeLikeToSmashMeLikeToSmash Higher than my Attire Joined: Posts: 329
    I might be going to texas tech sometime in the near future. Anyone there play good games?
    "Fight to learn, not to win, winning is simply the end result of that kind of practice."
  • Dark Man XDark Man X Axe Murderer Silva.. Joined: Posts: 540
    tight, tight........I, along with some of my other buds are the Lubbock scene.......There's decent comp for MvC2 and CvS2.....3S is catching on(after all my persuading)....most game people play is SCII....bleh...anyways, I'm the GGXX person in Lubbock.....at the arcade, we got CvS:chaos, 3S, and MvC2........yeah, Jaime, let me know when you'll be dropping by..I'm down for some comp, even if I get my ass handed to me...:)
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
  • DarkZeroDarkZero is playing VF5!!! Joined: Posts: 1,262
    I wouldn't want to play 3S at tilt with those sticks they have. Bleh, they suck and close to broken.
    I'm your master. Pain is a state of mind and I don't mind your pain.
    school

I'm going to most likely be transferring to texas tech out in lubbock. maybe i will be there in the fall of 2004. any of you people good in mvc2 will still be playing then, and i will come teach you how we do it DFW style.
    "Fight to learn, not to win, winning is simply the end result of that kind of practice."
    Yeah, the sticks are pretty shitty.....that's because Trey never listens to me about how to make them work really nice.....dude, you can show me some mvc2 shit..I always get my ass kicked in that game....

DarkZero...wassup man, long time, no post....:chat:
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    school
    Originally posted by MeLikeToSmash
    I'm going to most likely be transferring to texas tech out in lubbock. maybe i will be there in the fall of 2004. any of you people good in mvc2 will still be playing then, and i will come teach you how we do it DFW style.

Yeah, I play MVC2. I kinda sluggish now cause no one here plays or they are not very good.
    yo, have you played this dude named Aaron?? He's really good at MvC2....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    what does the arcade scene out there look like? If I will be living on campus, I want to look forward to gettogethers and all that tyte shit when I come. Any of you guys come to Texas Showdown 4? Did you see an indian guy limping around? That mofo was me!
    Nah, I didn't get to attend TS4...my car is in repair hop, so guess where my money went....

in lubbock, we have 2 arcades...the one in the mall and another one called 50th caboose......one thing you'll learn about lubbock is that is runs rampant with DDR peeps.....I say there's about 5-7 peeps that even play fighting games hardcore....

yeah, dude...we have get togethers all the time...most of the times, they turn into all nighters....we play basically everything....so yeah, you know you won't get bored....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I should be in Lubbock Thur. What kind of sticks do the arcades have? Are they supers, ultimates, or 360s? But I should be intown thur. and def. down for some 3s.
    I guessing they're supers......but don't take me seriously on it......yeah, dude....thursday is cool...cuz I'm not working right now..:O....I'll pm you my number that way you can give me a call when you're here.....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    cool, then look for me the Fall semester at Texas Tech. I'm comin to wreckshop
    Originally posted by Dark Man X
    yo, have you played this dude named Aaron?? He's really good at MvC2....

I dunno. Have you played him before? What team does he play with?
    Nah, I didn't get to attend TS4...my car is in repair hop, so guess where my money went....

in lubbock, we have 2 arcades...the one in the mall and another one called 50th caboose......one thing you'll learn about lubbock is that is runs rampant with DDR peeps.....I say there's about 5-7 peeps that even play fighting games hardcore....

yeah, dude...we have get togethers all the time...most of the times, they turn into all nighters....we play basically everything....so yeah, you know you won't get bored....

I wouldn't even consider 50th caboose an actual arcade to play at. If you think it is, might as well put Gatti's, Putt-Putt and the movie theaters as actual arcades as well.
    Originally posted by Jaime
    I should be in Lubbock Thur. What kind of sticks do the arcades have? Are they supers, ultimates, or 360s? But I should be intown thur. and def. down for some 3s.

Most sticks are supers and the rest are more likely broken. If you plan to play 3S, you might as well try to find someone to play with at their house cuz tilts' 3S sticks sux.
    Forget ya!!!!!

Forget you Dark man X (Fabi) and For get you too DarkZero or whatever. You allways play 3rd strike and you dont bitch about anything so i dont know why you are complaning now. But hey its kewl, i guess i will change out the 2nd player j-stick to a diffrent one cause the 1st player j-stick works just fine, its just stiffer than most. But if ya dont like that either i guess i will change that one out too.

And yeah Trey does suck !!!!!!!

Omisam
    hahaha...long time, no see.....waddup :chat:

I dropped by tilt the other day to play some MvC2...you weren't there...

Only thing I complain about is lack of people to play in Lubbock....wish they was more people playing in general
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    Forget ya!!!!!
    Originally posted by Prototype-00
    Forget you Dark man X (Fabi) and For get you too DarkZero or whatever. You allways play 3rd strike and you dont bitch about anything so i dont know why you are complaning now. But hey its kewl, i guess i will change out the 2nd player j-stick to a diffrent one cause the 1st player j-stick works just fine, its just stiffer than most. But if ya dont like that either i guess i will change that one out too.

And yeah Trey does suck !!!!!!!
    Omisam

Bout' time you get off your lazy ass and fix those sticks:D . Have to go tomorrow and see what you did to XMenVSF. Hey can you make the first player just like the second player on 3S?
  • FortiForti Casual Player Joined: Posts: 66
    Too bad I'm not in Lubbock anymore. Seems the SF community got in touched over there...how i wished that happened when I was there. No worries though because I'm sharppening my skills back in so cali. If everything goes as planned, I should be back before the summer (the latest is by the Fall semester).

I'll let you guys know when I'm back so that we can get some casual games going on.

ps - by any chance did the tilt get a cvs2 cabinet and did marvel drop its price to a quarter?
    Sonic Booming EST 1991
    Tilt never got a CVS2 cabinet. The only thing new is SVC: Chaos. The only thing that went down a quarter is X-men Vs SF. I introduced the tilt guys to MSH, and one of them is trying to get a cabinet of that. Tilt is kinda stingy, so who knows what our tilt will get.
    yes, they are....what's the sad part is the District manager that overlooks our tilt is an asshole.....like when I had my SCII tourny there, we had to switch from console to arcade cuz he didn't think they were making money, even though the entry fees covered that....so many things don't change cuz of that....I wish they get rid of chaos and replace it with something better...a GGXX cabinet would be nice...:D
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    Everyone buy portable sticks from Dreaded Fist. He makes the best sticks this side of the equator.
    Originally posted by MeLikeToSmash
    Everyone buy portable sticks from Dreaded Fist. He makes the best sticks this side of the equator.

Already bought one from him last year. Thinking about buying another.
    Which Sticks to you guys prefer on the SFIII 3rd Strike Machines?

What other fighters do you guys play.. Does anyone still play X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Marvel SuperHeros, X-Men COAT?

Let me know..

Shatter Proof
    hahaha...long time, no see.....waddup :chat:

I dropped by tilt the other day to play some MvC2...you weren't there...

Only thing I complain about is lack of people to play in Lubbock....wish they was more people playing in general

Yo man, Sorry I didn't go up there for spring break...shit happened over here in ATX that made me stay here. But I'll for sure be there easter weekend. And we can play some games then. GGXX and 3s mainly.
    yo, it's cool jaime...shit happens when you least expect it...

Shatter-proff..the 3S sticks needs 360 sticks on there..it's too great of a game to have it belittled by shitty controls....

I play pretty much all fighting gamesonly a few seriously....so I'm down with x-men vs. SF, COTA, etc....

I'm looking to buy a stick...any suggestions??? I'm leaning towards a MAS right now...
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    I'm getting ready to put together a few fighters to put out on location, X-Men Vs and 3rd strike being 2 of the better ones.. I'm not sure which sticks I bought to put in the games, We'll see how it ends up.

I plan on putting them it in one of the 25 inch Dynamo uprights (slant panels) when it goes out on location.

my current choices for fighters are as follows:

SF 2
    SF 2 CE
    SF 2 Hyper Fighting
    SFIII NG
    SFIII 2nd Impact
    SFIII 3rd Strike
    SF Alpha
    X-Men COAT
    Marvel Superheroes
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter
    Super Street Fighter II

I may have some other boards laying around, but those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm trying to get an svc Chaos board to put in in a few months.

Let me know what you guys would go play in Lubbock.

Shatter Proof
    Originally posted by shatter-proof
    I'm getting ready to put together a few fighters to put out on location, X-Men Vs and 3rd strike being 2 of the better ones.. I'm not sure which sticks I bought to put in the games, We'll see how it ends up.

I plan on putting them it in one of the 25 inch Dynamo uprights (slant panels) when it goes out on location.

my current choices for fighters are as follows:

SF 2
    SF 2 CE
    SF 2 Hyper Fighting
    SFIII NG
    SFIII 2nd Impact
    SFIII 3rd Strike
    SF Alpha
    X-Men COAT
    Marvel Superheroes
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter
    Super Street Fighter II

I may have some other boards laying around, but those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm trying to get an svc Chaos board to put in in a few months.

Let me know what you guys would go play in Lubbock.

Shatter Proof

Are you planning on opening an arcade or what?
    Alpha 2 and 3
    SF:3S
    MSH-love this game
    Super SFII
    MVC2
    Any Sam. Showdown
    KOF 98 or any other is good
    X-men:COTA
    Puzzle Fighter
    Guilty Gear XX
    Almost Forgot, CVS and CVS2
    to add to darkzero's list...

SSFIIT
    Vampire savior 1+2
    vf4:evo
    tekken Tag/tekken 4
    SCII
    primal rage..hehehe

shatterproof, are you gonna open up a arcade??? That would be really nice....tired of going to the mall.....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    I've got a few of the older samurai Showdown games, I think I've got 1 through 3, I don't think I ever got 4.

I sold my Primal Rage a few months back :-(

I'll let you guys know when I get the games out.

What I might do is put a few titles out and swap them ever month or so to keep it fresh. I'm not sure exactly how many games I am allowed to put in.

Let me go over the list you guys posted, and See which of those titles I have for sure..

Thanks

Shatter Proof
    MVC2 - p360s
    3S - p360s
    CVS2 - p360's

JoJo's
    Puzzle Fighter 2x

These are the must haves in terms of the fighting games.
    Yay! Samurai Showdown 2&3 are some of my favorites. Oh, and I would like to see Power Stone 1 and/or 2, and Rival Schools 1 and/or 2.
    ok..

The following is the list of games I've narrowed my list down to. I'll let you guys know when/where I place them.

Samurai showdown 3
    SVC Chaos
    SFIII 3rd Strike
    KOF 2002
    MSH
    Super SFII
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter

Thanks,
    Shatter Proof
    that's cool, man...I don't see anything wrong with that list. Yo, when are you gonna open up your place, shatter-proof??? I'm excited about a new place to play.
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    The place is already there, just no good fighters in there..

:-)

Shatter Proof
    Originally posted by shatter-proof
    ok..

The following is the list of games I've narrowed my list down to. I'll let you guys know when/where I place them.

Samurai showdown 3
    SVC Chaos
    SFIII 3rd Strike
    KOF 2002
    MSH
    Super SFII
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter

Thanks,
    Shatter Proof
    Awesome!! Can't wait to go and play Super SFII and SS3 on arcade again.
    man, you know what game I have an itch to play??? Killer Instict...:)
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    yo, shatter. where is your place located?? I wanna drop by sometime soon...
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    If any of you guys are ever in Levelland, drop by

LanFreax
    1007 College Ave

I've got a Street Fighter III 3rd Strike and Police trainer out there, both set at 25c a play.

I'm working on my chaos machine and should have it somewhere in Lubbock the near future!

Shatter Proof
    cool....when will you have your KOF 2002 machine???
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    I'm not sure when I'll do the KOF 2002. I need to finish up the Chaos first, then comes the KOF.

Right now I'm working on finishing up and selling off some older games I have around. Trying to raise some cash. :-)

Shatter Proof
    I should have posted my list with my last post. Here are the arcade games I'm selling off at the moment.

Vs Super Mario Bros
    Choplifter
    Zaxxon
    Phoenix (cocktail)

If any of you guys are interested, feel free to e-mail me at shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Shatter Proof