WTF??!!! A Lubbock thread???!!!

Comments

• Dark Man XDark Man X Axe Murderer Silva.. Joined: Posts: 540
    Tight...I'll go check it out sometime later on today.....What games you got there???
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The best game is X-Men Vs Street Fighter, the SuperChase, NBA Jam, Golden Tee, and Lethal Enforcers II are mine as well. All of those are at 25c a game.

I'm considering putting SVC Chaos in there soon.

Shatter Proof
    I wouldn't put SVC Chaos in there.....3rd strike or KOF 2002 would be good....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    checked it out yesterday...it a good...Like how it had MKII old school ownage....Raiden II is also good....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    My 3rd Strike is out at Lanfreax in Levelland. The Chaos machine is done. The next machine I'll put together I think will be KOF 2002, and I'll have to figure out where to place it..

I'm glad you liked the place!

Shatter Proof
    Ok, I pulled the NBA Jam out of there and put in SVC Chaos last night. It's set at 25c per play.
    nice.....I'll be sure to drop by and get some games in...I'm kinda sad that is Jam is gone...oh well....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    I really wanted to leave the Jam in there, but no one was playing it!
    Any thoughts, suggestions, or improvement for Round 1?
    besides the obvious of getting newer games, nothing major. More space, if possible....
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    Hey Fabi, it's Jaime. I'm going to Lubbock this weekend to see my cousing grad. from Texas Tech. I went last time I said i would, but unfortunantly i couldn't spend any time in the arcade. Since this is a pleasure trip, and not business, i'll have some free time. But anyway, I hope there is some good comp over there, and i'll post more to set something up once i'm in town.
    That's cool.....look forward to it...
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
  • DarkZeroDarkZero is playing VF5!!! Joined: Posts: 1,262
    Originally posted by shatter-proof
    Any thoughts, suggestions, or improvement for Round 1?

No matter what, keep the 4 player Spiderman game there!! I love that game. Keep shinobi, metal slug, XSF. The place just needs to get bigger to add more games. But I always say add another fighting game in there but thats mostly all I play. If you have some old classic games like the 6 player X-men, Willow, Fighting Street and Superman (I'm a Supes fan) please bring them in.
    I'm your master. Pain is a state of mind and I don't mind your pain.
    Originally posted by Jaime
    Hey Fabi, it's Jaime. I'm going to Lubbock this weekend to see my cousing grad. from Texas Tech. I went last time I said i would, but unfortunantly i couldn't spend any time in the arcade. Since this is a pleasure trip, and not business, i'll have some free time. But anyway, I hope there is some good comp over there, and i'll post more to set something up once i'm in town.

Well I'm not Fabi, but did you come and play? My friend said that someone came down from Austin around graduation time and played with ken. He said that you were good, but he is actually a beginner trying to learn 3S.
    Originally posted by DarkZero

Well I'm not Fabi, but did you come and play? My friend said that someone came down from Austin around graduation time and played with ken. He said that you were good, but he is actually a beginner trying to learn 3S.

Yeah, I stopped by the mall unexpectedly to play for a sec. I was there for a cousin graduating from Tech. I was gonna post but the person's house i was stying at didn't have a computer b/c they just got rid of it. So I had no access to my PM's or the board. But I'm gonna be back in town the weekend after Next for a cousins HS graduation, i'll keep ya'll informed. I could tell he was new so i was sandbaggin pretty bad.(not saying it to be a jerk, just sayin:) )
    damn....no posting at all!!!! I want some 3rd strike comp!!!! :(
    DMX-Dog 4 Life
    Go out to Levelland to LanFreaks and ask the employees to play you. I think the guys name is Corey. He's gotten pretty good at the game.
    I'm going to put an old Super Mario Brothers game out in LanFreaks later on this week. You guys might want to go check it out.

Shatter Proof
    This game exists in Lubbock!?!? WTF!?!? If yall can stop tipping cows for a weekend yall should check out this HUGE tournament coming up.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1703490#post1703490
    New Arcade in the Lubbock Area.

Go out to Wolforth on Main street. It's called Main street Arcade, opens about every day at 3pm, it's open until around 9pm on weekdays and later on the weekend. It's got a few fighters out there, and I plan on putting a few more out there in the next few weeks.

Go check it out and please offer suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks.
    Shatter Proof
    Great I'll go out there sometime soon and check it out. Hopefully I'll get suprised. Do you have a phone # for the arcade, shatter?
    It's 866-0505.

Right Now I've got the following games out there

Cruis'n USA sit down
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter
    Lethal Enforcers 2
    4 Player X-Men (Remember this one?)
    SVC Chaos

They've also got pool tables out there.

If the fighters do well out there I plan on putting a few more in there in the comming months. I need to place another game out there in the next few months. I'd like to put another fighter out there myself.

Shatter Proof
    If you guys make it out there, Please offer suggestions on how we can make the place better.. (i.e. games, decor, whatever).

Thanks,
    Shatter Proof
    I think I will be going by the end of this week. My friends could have gone today cuz I told them of the X-men machine. We all want to play that, I love that game. Tell you more later
    Well I went Friday with a couple of friends and it was pretty nice. Of course I think there should be more games. We just played X-men until we beat it and my other friend played chaos and XVSF too. The snack bar was nice and the pool tables and jukebox. The parking was just i dunno, would be nicer if there was actual a parking space besides parking in front of the place. Other than that the place didn't look too bad and the arcade was dark but I had no complaints.
    There will be more games out there soon! I've got to get some better numbers on the games I've got out there right now before I make any changes/additions.

There are plans to change the parking up a bit. I also agree that the parking situation can be messy out there. I hope they finish it up in the next month or two. They also plan on adding batting cages and paintball off to the other side.

I'm glad you made it out there. check back out there from time to time, I hope to put a few other games (possibly a foosball table or something) out there in the comming months.

Shatter Proof
    Yeah me and my friend saw that the place by it looked like a paintball place. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be there again to play some more X-men and to check up on the place
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2015
    Hey I read on here that there was some people looking for some SF comp on Texas Tech in SF, I play SF2 Turbo, Cvs2, 3s and the Alpha series. I am kinda rusty because I havent had anyone to play against in a while....so hit me up if you are on campus or you want to meet at an arcade and play. Oh and I built my own arcade stick... REPRESENT!!!
    Post edited by J-ride on
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    Alright we have another person that plays here at Tech. Its good to have more people. So whats your name by the way?
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My name is Jared, just let me know when you wanna meet up.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    Arcade games for sale in Lubbock.
    Sky Sharks $325
    Road Riot 4wd $375
    Crime City $275
    Battle Toads $375
    Phoenix (sit down cocktail) $300
    Cruis'n USA sit down $2,000
    Hydro Thunder sit down $3,500

I put a kajeki on e-bay.. 99$ no reserve!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6132269312

All prices are cash and carry, let me know if you guys are interested in any of these.
    I've been meeting to talk to you shatter. Anyways is there any way you can get a Tekken 5 around here, specifically at the Wolfforth Arcade? Also do you have a cocktail cabinet arcade?
    Oh shit, dmx what the fuck are you doing on srk? Go back to zaibatsu, fool!

Whoa, like, Elena for you dmx.
    Oh leave Fab alone clint. Hes playing a bit better in 3S.
    DarkZero wrote:
    I've been meeting to talk to you shatter. Anyways is there any way you can get a Tekken 5 around here, specifically at the Wolfforth Arcade? Also do you have a cocktail cabinet arcade?

I've been looking into a tekken 5, but I don't think it will pay for itself. I'll check in the spring if I can find any on the used market I might pick one up.

I do have a cocktail table, the Phoenix is in a cocktail cabinet. Let me know if you want to come check it out sometime.
    Well, I have at least heard from about 10 different people that want to play Tekken 5. But theres other people that go to high school and they want to play Tekken 5(~50 people or so). So far if you get a Tekken 5 machine I believe you'll be the only one to have it cuz Caboose might or might not get Tekken 5. I dunno, all I'm saying is theres a pretty big demand from the locals here and they want it and I want to pick up the game too. As far as the cocktail table goes, is there any way to change out the game or if you have another cocktail cabinet?
    What about putting King of Fighters 2002 out at LanFreax?

Shatter Proof
    Where is that at? Anyways that would be awesome, I would like playing it.
    Lanfreax
    1007 College Ave.
    Levelland, TX 79336

I'm thinking about taking it out there first of the year..

Shatter Proof
    Oh its in Levelland. Can you bring it hear in lubbock instead, please?
    If I had a good location in Lubock to put it in I would.. For now it's going out to Levelland.

Shatter Proof
    Has anyone heard much about KOF 2004? I read it's supposed to be really good..

Shatter Proof
    I haven't heard anything about it. I hope its good.
    In case anyone is interested. I've got a fully working Street Fighter III 3rd Strike game board for sale at the moment. Feel free to contact me regarding this.
    it looks like I'll be putting KOF 2002 and Samurai Showdown III out at Lanfreax this week. I think I'm going to swap SSIII out with some other old skewl Neo Geo game every time I go out there. I've got some Fatal Fury Versions, World Heroes versions, Art of fighting, and Samurai Showdowns, and some others. The Marquee on the cabinet will say King of Fighters 2002, but it's actually got a dual slot board in the cabinet, I doubt I'll put on there what the second game is, so go check it out and let me know what you think!

Shatter Proof
    eeeooo. .!

A friend and I are gonna come up to Tilt on Thursday to play some Tekken 5 and shit.

I don't know who anybody but Dark *MANX* is, but since most of you are 2d guys, I'm the "elena guy" that was at that one 3S tourney a while back. If you were there :x!!

Anyways, we'll be there at tilt like all day probably.
    Looks like we missed each other then since it was last week :(
    ok guys.. Looking to swap a game out at Lanfreax in Levelland..

Here are my options...
    X-Men Vs Street Fighter
    Marvel Superheroes
    Super Street Fighter II
    Street Fighter Zero (alpha)
    Dark Stalkers
    X-Men Children of the Atom

Let me know what you think..
    I'm leaning between X-Men Vs Street fighter and Marvel Superheroes...

Shatter Proof
    For the love of god please put a MSH here in lubbock cuz I will play the shit out of that. In Levelland just give them COA or XvSF. By the way are any of the games you mentioned for sale?
    DarkZero wrote:
    For the love of god please put a MSH here in lubbock cuz I will play the shit out of that. In Levelland just give them COA or XvSF. By the way are any of the games you mentioned for sale?

We'll see.. Just make a treck out to Levelland, PLay 3rd strike, KOF 2002, Samurai Showdown (can't remember which version I put there), Pac Man, and the MSH if I put it out there..

None of these games are for sale right now, but for the right price any of them could be.

Shatter Proof.