Columbia, MO: It's just Too BRISK, baby

Comments

• KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    Yea SE-R was some magical bullshit. Seriously, no tourney should go without a fire pit, some foties, and some bullshitting late into the night. Paul has been spoiled by 17+ hours in a benz lol.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • SalamandeSalamande Indeed, It Is Joined: Posts: 75
    Ah, so this is the new thread. I was wondering why my thread subscription stopped updating...
    "Welcome to the world of intentional comedy." - Rhyme
  • frog213frog213 Modest Misanthrope Joined: Posts: 443
    After 5 balls of Indiana Jones(Zed "killed" it mid 2nd game), I think it's not bad, but not super awesome. 8 ball multiball is a lot of fun and very chaotic. Zed said it was an ok game months ago cause he played an early software ver. The playfield is ok. It has that Addam's family/Simpsons - left loop through the jets shot, which i'm not a big fan of. Fun for now until i wake up and smell the stern.

Sonitrol # 443-1631

Paul, u ever play any of these board games:

Settlers of Catan, Citadels(card), Arkham horror, or Puerto Rico?
  • SuperFXSuperFX YOU GET NOTHING Joined: Posts: 1,065
    After 5 balls of Indiana Jones(Zed "killed" it mid 2nd game), I think it's not bad, but not super awesome. 8 ball multiball is a lot of fun and very chaotic. Zed said it was an ok game months ago cause he played an early software ver. The playfield is ok. It has that Addam's family/Simpsons - left loop through the jets shot, which i'm not a big fan of. Fun for now until i wake up and smell the stern.

Sonitrol # 443-1631

Paul, u ever play any of these board games:

Settlers of Catan, Citadels(card), Arkham horror, or Puerto Rico?

Sounds like some fun, even if only in the short term.

I've played Settlers, it's fuckin awesome if you get people who are into it playing. So good.
    The 20-mule-team dominates
    I've played Settlers, it's fuckin awesome
    Yeah, Eric was telling me about Settlers, he said the same thing. After researching a lot of these "German" board games, i found that settlers is the most popular. Citadels is supposed to be pretty good, but u need 4 to 7 people. 2 or 3 is not that great.

This all started w/ an experiment I was talking about: Taking the random out of Monopoly

Yes, some of us have too much time on our hands at work.:looney:
    haha s'all good man. Game tonight? I'll call you at work and see what's up.

Anyone else want some GGXX?
  • SilverDrgn85SilverDrgn85 Joined: Posts: 53
    haha s'all good man. Game tonight? I'll call you at work and see what's up.

Anyone else want some GGXX?

I'll be around this weekend. I'm hoping to get some games in before the Kansas City tournament this Sunday. Who's going to that?
    PSN: SilverDrgn85
    I'll be around this weekend. I'm hoping to get some games in before the Kansas City tournament this Sunday. Who's going to that?

Far as I can tell, nobody I know. I'd make it out but I have stuff going on late afternoon sunday so that's a no-go.

If you end up going post up what turnout was like when you get back. As for this weekend, I'm probably going to head to St. Louis fri night and give AKA and co. some practice for Season's Beatings next week.
    Tonight might work.... I was gonna see if i could get Chris and Ben over to my crib for some SF of some sort? I still gotta call them to see what the plan is?

Edit: almost forgot... u should take Aaron's stick to him this weekend if u go to STL.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Alright, alright I guess I'll have to finally start learning GG etc. Just post up when you guys are planning on getting some shit down and I'll swing by to get my ass handed to me.
    Alright, alright I guess I'll have to finally start learning GG etc. Just post up when you guys are planning on getting some shit down and I'll swing by to get my ass handed to me.

That's right! :annoy:

I'll post up the next time we play games....I think I still have your # somewhere :tup:
    Fuck GG(yeah i said it) That game is for bangers(that's for u fast eddie):razzy:

Here's that link to the hdr changes(for anyone who gives a shit?)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey/blog/2008/10/07/final_changelist_for_hd_remix
    That game is for real men who can handle the insanity.

Fixed
    No one cares Syxx.
    Fuck GG(yeah i said it) That game is for bangers(that's for u fast eddie):razzy:

Hey it's cool if you wanna be a bitch and not actually try to learn the game instead of playing Street Fighter XX :lol: :wink:

GGs though in that and ST fool :bgrin:
    Josh, anyone else, GG, ST, etc?

Someone get at me, damn:lovin:
    Paul, let's do it.... I mean games, not man love:lovin: I think i'm gonna learn testament or may, slayer is too hard. Did u get Aaron his stick back? Did he already have an extension? I'll call u later, i can't get off early tonight so if u wanna play u should meet me at my house as close to 10pm as possible.

I got 2 mad catz pads at family pawn(for hacking). Fuzzy, if u want one of them for fixing your Namco let me know?
    I think i'm gonna learn testament or may, slayer is too hard.
    Good choice. I think Slayer's only for robots who do nothing but GG.
    what about robots that only listen to slayer?
    You just blew my mind.
    You just blew my mind.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm free this weekend and would be up for some GG. You'll have to give me directions to your place though.
    I'm free this weekend and would be up for some GG. You'll have to give me directions to your place though.

cool cool; actually you should ask josh about directions because we normally play at his place. I'm busy saturday but sunday would work for me if josh is down.
    Aight, Sunday sounds good. Just hit me up with your address Josh and I'll mapquest that shit.
    mapquest? dude.... it's 3 blocks away. check pm chris.

I twisted my ankle so i might be ok by sunday?:sad:

Congrats Paul and Monique. Sorry i can't make it to shelter gardens.
    Congrats Paul and Monique. Sorry i can't make it to shelter gardens.

yous a bitch :lol:

Thanks man :bgrin:
    mapquest? dude.... it's 3 blocks away. check pm chris

Whatever I don't remember where you live:rofl:

Like I said in my pm gimmie a call when shit's goin down.
    Sorry I couldn't be there guys.
    So when do u guys wanna play today? I'll be home @ 6pm for sure, maybe by 5pm. Ankle's still a bit stiff, but i should be good.
    Sorry I couldn't be there guys.

It's all good. I can't expect people to charter thousand-dollar flights back to the states :bgrin:

Josh I'll call around after 6

Thanks man :bgrin:

Congrats guys:woot:
    ggs tonight guys...we'll have to get some more games in the next week or so :bgrin:
    ggs tonight guys...we'll have to get some more games in the next week or so :bgrin:

Yeah definitely.

I've certainly gotten back all my bad habits with chipp:looney:
    Does anyone know the name of that ps1 game, that came out after the ps2 launch, that was similar to FF tactics. It was something like okizami, or yukizemi, or something japanese sounding.... I think? It was compared to ff tactics in a review by PSM magazine. what's the name of that game.....?
    good shit paul/chris - looking at 3s sytsem direction, I'm thinking of ways to make the game more sf2-ish. I thought leaving red parries would be a nice touch. IDK?:looney:

EDIT: I think it's Hoshigami? Andrew/anyone ever play this?
    Josh - ARe you thinking of Seiyuki: Journey to the West?

Paul congrats again, hella good choice, get married instead of attending SB3: aka Marn takes 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
    No one cares Syxx.
    games tonight? Josh, Chris, holler at me.
    I remember I heard that Hoshigami game was good when it came out and now everyone says it sucks. So... I guess that's no help.

Also what I said about not hating Brawl I now rescind. The game still has mad stupid problems and can fuck off and die.

edit: Wow I just read about SB3. Dicked. That's our old pal for you.
    The game still has mad stupid problems and can fuck off and die.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    games tonight? Josh, Chris, holler at me.

Sorry dude, I got two Japanese exams to study for this week:amazed:

I'll have time to kill Friday night and this weekend though.
    Also what I said about not hating "Insert fighting game or Metallica album here" I now rescind. The game still has mad stupid problems and can fuck off and die.

Sorry Andrew, that's the first thing I thought when I saw that:rofl: But yeah fuck non-64 SB games.
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    Most of you on dustloop probably already know but:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=166603

GGAC, 3s, AH, STHD January 3 in Chicago hosted by Bozac himself!

Ill be running 3s/STHD along with TonyD.
    Andrew - why aren't u in any a-cho AC vids yet? I just watched the newest batch... man-o-man there's a match between a really good bridget and NO and i was thinking to myself... that could be andrew getting his ass handed to him by NO instead of this other Bridget imposter:wgrin:
    I don't have time to go to a-cho anymore, I haven't since the second week. Most days I have absolutely no free time, I have to work until I collapse then get up five hours later and finish my homework before class.
  • needcollegeloanneedcollegeloan ___________ Joined: Posts: 269
    I don't have time to go to a-cho anymore, I haven't since the second week. Most days I have absolutely no free time, I have to work until I collapse then get up five hours later and finish my homework before class.

Where is A-cho? I might be heading to Kyoto beginning of next summer, and I'll need some regular SFIII and IV exposure >D
    You can't choke if you don't have skill. - Nuh

[CaliPower]The point is...You should learn something from them instead of jumping on the EC cheerleading squad...or should I buy you some pom poms??
    Where is A-cho? I might be heading to Kyoto beginning of next summer, and I'll need some regular SFIII and IV exposure >D
    Okay, it's really easy, the problem is the entrance isn't really clearly marked. The easiest thing to do is take the subway on the... god I forget how the kanji are read but it's karasuma maru line, ???, to shijo, ???and walk for a loooong way down to exit 9. When you get out there, across the street there's a covered shopping walkway across the street -- before that, on the left, there's a McDonald's. Cross the street and go through the walkway, on your left there'll eventually be a big pachinko place with an escalator on the right marked "GAME CENTER" or something that has the trademark a-cho teddy bears on it.

What are you going to Kyoto for? Are you from Columbia or did you just kinda find this thread randomly?

Here's a pic of what the entrance looks like.

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n611485616503910102oi6.jpg
    sf4 tiers according to ???

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

HD remix should be out next month... chun looks BETTER than before:rolleyes:
    sf4 tiers according to ???

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

HD remix should be out next month... chun looks BETTER than before:rolleyes:

those seem like some whack-ass SF4 rankings, but I haven't played the game enough to know.
  • SilverDrgn85SilverDrgn85 Joined: Posts: 53
    If you end up going post up what turnout was like when you get back. As for this weekend, I'm probably going to head to St. Louis fri night and give AKA and co. some practice for Season's Beatings next week.

I believe 7 people played in the tournament and I wound up taking second. I had a lot of fun there.
    Does anyone know the name of that ps1 game, that came out after the ps2 launch, that was similar to FF tactics. It was something like okizami, or yukizemi, or something japanese sounding.... I think? It was compared to ff tactics in a review by PSM magazine. what's the name of that game.....?
    good shit paul/chris - looking at 3s sytsem direction, I'm thinking of ways to make the game more sf2-ish. I thought leaving red parries would be a nice touch. IDK?:looney:

EDIT: I think it's Hoshigami? Andrew/anyone ever play this?

I've played it. It's a lot like FF Tactics in its battle system. It suffers from the same problem of being pretty easy in the beginning, and becoming trivially easy about half way through (You get the ability to make spells that will one-shot everything in a 5 panel radius, and you can even cast more than once per turn). At least, that's how the DS version was. It did have a pretty neat story system, where decisions you make affect when (or even if) certain characters join your party and many different endings based on that. The effects of this are sometimes quite pronounced. I know one character can either join you very early, or not until near the end depending on how you answer questions.

Other people I've talked to thought it was much harder than FF Tactics. I guess if you just ignore the spell forging then that might be true. Overall, the A.I. was pretty awful which explains the huge number of enemies it tends to throw at you.

Lastly, is anyone up for games this weekend?
    PSN: SilverDrgn85

Lastly, is anyone up for games this weekend?

I kinda doubt it? I'm heading to stl for a halloween party tomorrow night, and have to work tomorrow day :wasted: so that leaves Sunday. I got no idea when I'll be back in town on Sun. but maybe if ppl are getting together I'd show up :bgrin:
    Got another test to study for this weekend so I'm out.
    those seem like some whack-ass SF4 rankings, but I haven't played the game enough to know.
    I'm pretty sure people generally agree with those rankings actually. The game's too young to get everything set in stone but Sagat is definitely retarded good and the top 4/bottom 3 or 4 are pretty much the same in most of the tier lists that aren't by random no-name players.

Dunno if this one is random no-name players though.