Columbia, MO: It's just Too BRISK, baby

Comments

• ShekeibShekeib Almost Famous Joined: Posts: 668
    Every dhc glitch combo should be able to kill every character off of one hit so if you can't DHC glitch and kill one character like on one of those video's trag13 has, it isn't worth going for.

Magneto's DHC glitch isn't great cause you have to use it in the corner only, better characters are deadpool to start with, since he can build alot of meter early and then start the DHC glitch. He can also finish the dhc glitch too with the same hyper. I think him Thor, Haggar, and Tron are the only characters that can do this effectively.

Anyways, if you're going for a dhc glitch team, its best to start with a character that can build a meter with one combo and dhc glitch midscreen.... like storm, especially cause she can do fast overheads. And im not sure how hulk would really work cause I'm not to familiar with the character.

Personally, I'd rather go for haggar cause he can end and start DHC glitch. Plus he has that godlike assist. But you could always keep whatever characters you want as your point if you are willing to aerial tag team attack or whatever them to switch into whatever character that can start a dhc trick, into your third character that can end it. For example you could pick Mag,Storm,Felicia or Mag, Haggar, Felicia if its possible to get haggars DHC glitch to work off an air tag in. Plus you could also DHC glitch in the corner with magneto into Haggar in the corner. So midscreen you'd air combo with magneto, then switch in haggar mid combo, dhc glitch starter (if its possible cause im just reading from here that it is possible off of Haggar: Hoodlum Launcher (DP+P) then finish the combo with dhc glitch into felicia. Plus, if your magneto dies you wont have to have haggar as your third alone without an assist.

Anyways, I'll try to have people over at my house tomorrow if they want to come, since I'm probably gonna call Tron Proctor tomorrow and see if he wants to play. By tomorrow I mean today since its 1:00AM now.
    "I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring."

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

-Mitch Hedberg
  • ShekeibShekeib Almost Famous Joined: Posts: 668
    I didn't realize you could probably use felicia assist to make the dhc glitch work midscreen with magneto, so idk what the fuck im talkin about

Anyone who is in town, im holdin a hook-up tonight
    if any1 is interested
    "I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring."

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

-Mitch Hedberg
  • JustusJustus Solid 4 Joined: Posts: 304
    alright MO

shit just got real in ARKANSAS

ARK III, this saturday 4/2/11 will be featuring JWONG

http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-feat-jwong-fubarduck-lil-majin-etc-261820/
    strictly for my n.i.n.j.a.s.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, BlazBlue:CS, Arcana Heart 3, Tekken 6, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-feat-jwong-fubarduck-lil-majin-etc-261820/. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Shoryuken community as a whole. If you CAN'T come, then please try to watch our stream at Interrupted Gaming on Justin.tv. Thanks guys!
  • Omicron AustinOmicron Austin Downright Fierce Joined: Posts: 358
    I didn't realize you could probably use felicia assist to make the dhc glitch work midscreen with magneto, so idk what the fuck im talkin about

Wait, what? Not sure what you're talking about either, especially considering if you use Felicia in the combo, I don't think you can DHC into her.

Either way, I didn't really form the team around the DHC trick; I just had three characters I liked, and then picked that order so that it's more of an option. I'm really considering replacing Magneto with Doom now; my Magneto is trash, and it feels like he needs a good assist to really excel, which I don't think Felicia and Hulk can supply (you can do some unblockable stuff with Felicia's assist, but I have a lot of trouble getting that opportunity). Doom, on the other hand, has great assists for the other two characters (I think I would use his beam), and can survive well on his own. I just...need to learn Doom. He's so awkward.

EDIT: Oooooh...I think I see what you're getting at. And if I do: it's a common misconception that Felicia's assist OTGs. It does NOT; it's only a low attack.
  • DINOSAURDINOSAUR STRONGBRONY Joined: Posts: 43
    loool I'm Tron Procter now.

I don't get how you're supposed to get super massive damage with the DHC glitch without using something like a mode change super, HSF or Wesker's counter, probably because I'm dumb. But one thing that's cool is you can activate it with Tron, then DHC after the King Kobun spawns and the damage still resets so it does like 850,000 before the second character hits... which is still less than just linking Lunch Rush after. Maybe I'll just be stubborn and base my entire team around hoping Tron is never killed or snapped out

edit: like, the scaling is reset and they go whoooooooaaaa????ooooooo?? but then the King Kobun still hits them and it does huge damage
    you'll get punished heavily if your just rushing down and pushing buttons...I think you should really sit down and think about GG fundamentals again or actually PLAY the game...
    If anyone wants to play at my apartment late Tuesday afternoon/early evening, like 5 or 6, let me know.
    you'll get punished heavily if your just rushing down and pushing buttons...I think you should really sit down and think about GG fundamentals again or actually PLAY the game...
    Going to post this again, as a reminder, since it's in a week.

Missouri University Gaming Championships (In Columbia) April 16, 2011.

We're going to have Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and likely Super Street Fighter 4 if there's any interest (ignore the fact that SSF4 isn't on the registration page). Setups are extremely appreciated.

PM or text me for any questions or whatever. I'll be assisting in running the tournament.

I'll probably end up eventually texting you guys asking if you're coming, since nobody reads this thread.
    I have a PS3 and a small CRT TV, does it have to be Xbox?

edit: hey remember that time you told people to PM you and I replied to the thread instead

good times
    Yeah, it's dual system, I believe. I assume you're going to be bringing your own controller and whatnot.
  • invadersko0dgeinvadersko0dge Joined: Posts: 68
    If MvC3 or SSF4 somehow start later on in the day, I'll probably be there. It's a shame that you guys decided to have it on the same day as the Black and Gold Football game, but I guess people don't really care that much about athletics anyway.
  • aks216aks216 Joined: Posts: 805
    if anyone wants to get some games in for marvel3 or ssf4, lemme know soon cause my schedule is gonna be lookin hectic comin up so i wanna get some games in before that happens. preferably this week. after this week, i won't be playin games for a while.
    I'm down. I can host if you guys want, I only have the one TV though. I'm off work Tuesday, so maybe like Tuesday afternoon? Does that work for anybody else?
    Maaaaybe. As usual, I have homework I SHOULD be doing, but, like Allen, this may be the last time in a while that I'll have the opportunity. Plus, I still need to get some SSF4 Akuma tips from Allen that I forgot to get at Shekeib's place.

What time frame are we talking about?

@invadersko0dge: SSF4 is definitely going to be after Marvel is completely done, and probably after a little bit of casuals. I'll PM you my number so that I can give you more information later. I'm pretty positive that it won't start any earlier than 2 or 3, though.

EDIT: Woah, Shekeib, is this you?
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Only three days remain to pre-register for Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7, being held May 27th through 29th in Chicago IL. Those that pre-register will save money, and will have early access to their pool assignments! Thats right, early next week, you'll be able to check your pool assignments online to see what time you play, who is in your pool, and to make sure that everything was entered correctly on our end (no missing games, no overlapping pools).

Head over to the website to register, and we'll see you in a week and a half in Chicago!
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
  • silverfightersilverfighter Why not? Joined: Posts: 53
    Is anyone busy mon-wed I need someone to give me a quick rundown for mvc3 seeing as how I haven't played a fighting game seriously for like a year. I can learn the combos real easy just need the basics really. Other than that if anyone is holding sff4 AE let me know. or if anyone is just plain bored and has a day off PM me and could probably play some games.
    I'm open a decent amount, silverfighter, and I think I'm fairly knowledgable in MvC3 (I'm not that good, but I try to make up for it by knowing as many characters and as many tricks as possible).

A friend of mine, as well as Aks216 and DINOSAUR play a little bit, too.

In fact, tomorrow (thursday) some of us are going to get some games in. It'll probably be mostly AE, but there'll be MvC3 for sure.
    Oh man silverfighter this is Andrew. What up.

Austin remember to give me your romhack and see if you still have that Game Maker stuff
    learnin hulk lets do this thang
  • Cobrah__Cobrah__ Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I've been a lurker on SRK for a few weeks now, and finally got around to signing up. My name is CJ, and I just recently got into SSFIV AE when it came out. I don't have a whole lot of experience, only about two or so weeks of me working on stuff by myself for the most part. I played a little bit with the KC crew, and they have helped me by showing me some basic stuff like option select, buffering, etc. I move back to columbia next week, and was wondering if anyone wanted to pummel me into the ground repeatedly while giving some constructive advise? I want to get on a competitive level, and REALLY want some people to play with.
    I play with a few friends every once in a while, although we also play some other games, like Marvel. For the record, I'm not totally sure if the best SF players in town (aks216 and Shekeib) even check this thread. They're pretty stupid good though.
    Yeah, what he said. Though it might be quiet for a few weeks, myself and a few friends are going to Mizzou starting in August, and we all play AE a decent amount, on or off. I prefer Marvel, but most of my friends prefer AE. I think DINOSAUR here will play mostly anything if enough people want to play it. We'd be glad to try to teach you whatever we can about Street Fighter, though.
  • ExtrumentalsExtrumentals Captain America? No, I use Sgt. Justice. Joined: Posts: 74
    I'd like to do some type of tourny for MvC3 sometime in COMO but the fact that the tourny at Mizzou went down and I didn't know of it due to work, I don't know how well a turnout would be. But I play Ps3 MvC3 and my gamer tag is extrumentals, so add me if you'd like to fam, I'm just now gettin my Wesker game up pretty decently.
    I'm the best at what you do
    An MvC3 tourney up here would be great, but it's difficult and risky.

I'm an officer in the Competitive Gaming Club now, and I think I may be able to get a pretty solid tournament set up. The benefit of this is mostly that I can try to get school funding for a venue, which would allow me to make the venue fee really really small in order to encourage people from STL or KC to show up. If we can get as many people from Columbia as possible to come, I think it would turn out really well. This would be in some months, though, and there will surely be room for other tournaments if you want to work on one yourself, but I'd greatly appreciate local assistance if I were to try to run another.

Turnout last time was...8, I believe. Myself, Aks216, and...somebody I didn't know were the only ones from Columbia to show, while Rex0r and Peaceful came from STL, and I think NGamer came from...Springfield? KC had a tournament on the same day, I believe.

Either way, though we only had 7 or 8 people, we had 4 setups, it was comfortable, and ran well. We did round robins for both SSFIV and MvC3, and did each individual match as a 3 out 5, so everybody got plenty of play time.

Also, I play on 360, so unfortunately cannot add you. My friends have PS3s though, so we have fightsticks and such if you ever want to come near campus and play.
  • ExtrumentalsExtrumentals Captain America? No, I use Sgt. Justice. Joined: Posts: 74
    An MvC3 tourney up here would be great, but it's difficult and risky.

I'm an officer in the Competitive Gaming Club now, and I think I may be able to get a pretty solid tournament set up. The benefit of this is mostly that I can try to get school funding for a venue, which would allow me to make the venue fee really really small in order to encourage people from STL or KC to show up. If we can get as many people from Columbia as possible to come, I think it would turn out really well. This would be in some months, though, and there will surely be room for other tournaments if you want to work on one yourself, but I'd greatly appreciate local assistance if I were to try to run another.

Turnout last time was...8, I believe. Myself, Aks216, and...somebody I didn't know were the only ones from Columbia to show, while Rex0r and Peaceful came from STL, and I think NGamer came from...Springfield? KC had a tournament on the same day, I believe.

Either way, though we only had 7 or 8 people, we had 4 setups, it was comfortable, and ran well. We did round robins for both SSFIV and MvC3, and did each individual match as a 3 out 5, so everybody got plenty of play time.

Also, I play on 360, so unfortunately cannot add you. My friends have PS3s though, so we have fightsticks and such if you ever want to come near campus and play.

Well, I know if we were to get this going, I'd have at least another 4-6 participants brought along for the ride. If issues came across as to the system playing on, I believe there's some type of controller modifier (a friend had one that worked for connecting a PS controller to X-Box) or we'd just need a pre-lab time to adjust or what not. We'd need an advanced date but with school being about to return, not sure how to do the scheduling. I'd be glad to help out, I just need to know the where and when for this so I can spread to people who can spread.
    Sounds great. I'll be sure to tell you as soon as I get a general idea of what's going on.
    Where on campus do you play? And how hard is it to adjust to fight stick from controller play?
    Ah, if you play on pad that works too.

Um...my friend and I live in the Schurz dorm, which is on College...avenue, road, I forget. My other friends are going to be living somewhere off campus, I'm not sure where yet.
    omg Austin remind me to tell you how bad Shekeib was owning everybody

Sneak preview:

so bad
  • AntKCAntKC Joined: Posts: 264
    REMINDER!! "Screenland Showdown 2" is next weekend (Aug. 13-14) in Kansas City. Team EMP, Yipes, OMGItzAndre, Rex0r all in attendance. Come out and get bodied. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...mp-and-ifc-yipes-north-kansas-city-mo.140688/
    I guess I'll play Bison.
    Any thougts on the COMO tourny? I'd like to go to the KC one as well but that looks like that can be pricey seeing as theyre talking about $5 a game plus $10 entry.
    That's actually a very reasonable price when you consider the level of competition that's going to be there. I can't make it, unfortunately.
    When is 3S Online coming out? We need to party when that happens.
    August 24, I think.

And...I was thinking about 5 dollar entry (maybe less), with 10 dollars per game or something. Higher game payout and lower venue fee would bring in some of the more serious players.

That said, this is still a ways away.
    Who won that kc tournament?
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod

Hey guys. Registration is open for Fighter X Shooter in Chicago on Sept 2-4. We are featuring top 8 payouts with bonus money in SSF4AE, MvC3, and MK9. We also have tournaments for 3rd Strike Online Edition, arcade ST, and arcade Vampire Savior. Friday Sept 2nd is all special events, so if you can only make it Sat/Sun, you won't miss any of the tournament itself. We'll also have a metric ton of giveaways (sticks, headsets, etc) that anyone can win! Please spread the word, get your travel group together, and rep your area at this regional event. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-2-2011-focus-fire-and-keits-present-fighter-x-shooter-2k-in-bonus-northbrook-il.140573/
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, BB:CS II, and more! Competitors are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-17-2011-ark-iv-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-bb-csii-melee-brawl-more-jacksonville-ar.137427/
    I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional SRK community as a whole. Thanks guys!
    ooomg I am never playing H Miyako again. F Miyaki's air super loli elbow knocks down and 6C is actually good for something? Why play anything else?
    roooofl 3S online is horrible on my K-Mart Internet connection. Some dude was doing hadoukens and the lag was so bad it looked like he was kara throwing them. Guess I don't get to play this one online.
    Hey, Extrumentals, I had my first meeting with the other officers of the Competitive Gaming Team. Still no details, but everybody's cool with a stand-alone fighting game tournament not bogged down with Call of Duty and Starcraft 2, so that's a step up from last year. We're considering holding a Melee tournament at the same time, but I'm not sure if we will. If we get a school-sponsored venue, hopefully I can talk them into charging a venue fee as low as 2 to 5 dollars or so.

Right now, I mostly have to decide when I want it to be. I don't even have an idea for a month, let alone a day of the week (probably saturday).
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    Do you think they'll agree to it?
    Alright, November 5 seems like the likely date for a tournament. No major details yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Still think you'll contribute about 5 people to the body count? I'd like a decent turnout so people here won't keep thinking fighting games are a joke. I feel like I'm not getting much respect from the Starcraft and Halo groupies in the Competitive Gaming Club. Ah well.

Oh, and the venue fee won't be more than 5 dollars. Might even be free, I dunno. I need some way to encourage setups to be brought.
    You should make a new thread and link it to me and I'm pretty sure I can get 3-5 or more people to come along. What all is included when you say a set up? Like a t.v, system and game? Also, if you wanted to, you could YouTube advertise to for attention.
  • Saikyo SethSaikyo Seth Joined: Posts: 91
    Hey just a heads up, I no longer live in the Jeff City / Columbia area but I'll be by that way from time to time. I'm headed up that way this Friday if anyone wants to meet up for some matches. Unfortunately I don't have a pad or venue we could play at. It will probably be around early evening. Hit me up on here if you guys are interested. I'm crazy rusty but ready for some GGs.
    OYAJIIIIIIIIIII!
    Is Nov.5 still a go?