Marvel Vs Capcom 1

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
Hello i am looking for some tips for this game i want to pick it up and play with some buddies anyone know anything good with Red Hulk or Hulk?

Comments

• Alternate275Alternate275 ★TOURNEY HOST★ Joined: Posts: 1,036
    I see people play competitive MvC on GGPO and 2DF but I must've missed something somewhere. Where are they getting they're knowledge and skills from? Because I don't remember many MvC tournies when this game came out xD
    "Proud representative & overseer of Crew Round 2" :D
    PSN: CR2_Alternate | XBL: DRS Alternate | Skype: Alternate275
    King of Fighter XIII | Guilty Gear Xrd | BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma | Ultra Street Fighter 4
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,666
    Hulk is decent, but Orange Hulk...not so much.
    The problem with MvC1 is that it's mini-MvC2 in many senses. You get a few characters dominating. In this case, it's Strider Hiryu, Wolverine, War Machine, Gold War Machine, Red Venom, and Chun-Li.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
  • Chipp Zanuff v5Chipp Zanuff v5 Tell me where it hurts.... Joined: Posts: 917
    I see people play competitive MvC on GGPO and 2DF but I must've missed something somewhere. Where are they getting they're knowledge and skills from? Because I don't remember many MvC tournies when this game came out xD

There were a few, But most of those people ended up learning things about MVC online. That is where the majority of the players are anyway. No one plays it offline at all with the slight exception of the magman vs jwong money match from earlier in the year. Asside from that, No one really touches this game aside from online players.
    XBL: Bus Orez

Guilty gear xrd: ky
    USF4: Zangief
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I just cannot get used to the six-button system for a high-paced game like this....although I don't mind casual play, but like Lobelia Mk. IV noted, a few characters dominate this game. I got online a few weeks ago and the selection was nauseatingly Wolverines/Striders. And of course, you've got Colossus and Psylocke as common assists.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    Hulk is decent, but Orange Hulk...not so much.
    The problem with MvC1 is that it's mini-MvC2 in many senses. You get a few characters dominating. In this case, it's Strider Hiryu, Wolverine, War Machine, Gold War Machine, Red Vemon, and Chun-Li.

As a person that has been playing marvel vs capcom for 6 years off and on, I can tell you Chun-Li doesn't dominate.I'm not saying she isn't good ,but I can tell you she won't give you as much trouble as the top tier.

I can't give any advice on Hulk because I don't use him,but I remember MOTM made a nice combo video on him last year(maybe before that).Youtube has a lot
    of Hulk combos(maybe u can even find MOTM combo video there):

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hulk+combo+video&search_type=

As far as picking up Hulk as a character?Well marvel 1 isn't like marvel 2,their isn't any god tier, so pick him up if you would like.DC(Dark Cloud) use to dominate with Venom and Hulk back in the days ,but he doesn't really play anymore.
    If I was u tho I would pack one top tier.I'd recommend Strider.He's a easy pick up and play character but hard to MASTER and I feel he doesn't have any bad match ups.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    From experience, Hulk is mostly jumping lk and mk then air combo if you get lucky. Mostly about those jumping normals and turtling though, as he's pretty good at that.

Punch throw into the corner leads to a Gamma Quake. I think c.lp leads to a Gamma Quake as well. Standing hp leads to a Gamma Crush if you're near the corner. Normally you'd want to cancel that slow/lengthy s.hp into an assist call though. And yes, regular Hulk is better.

Chun's definitely not in the higher ups, from experience she's stopped cold by WM's and Venoms.
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I wonder the same thing

But anyway, can someone breakdown the Strider lockdown pattern / combo for someone who's just getting into the game.
    Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
  • New Era OutlawNew Era Outlaw Guntoting Superhero! Joined: Posts: 412
    Hello i am looking for some tips for this game i want to pick it up and play with some buddies anyone know anything good with Red Hulk or Hulk?

I don't really play with Hulk/Red Hulk so much, but I know a bit from personal experience. Here are a few suggestions.

1) ALWAYS pick Colossus. He's the best Assist for Hulk, and can set up for a very damaging Gamma Wave. The reason I say this is because Hulk is poor at the Anti-Air game (even with super combos), so Colossus can cover him in that instance.

2) J. LP is Hulk's best friend in the air. That damn headbutt has some good priority on it, so use it as your quick mid-air attack. Better yet, if it connects, go into the full Aerial Rave. Alternate with J. LK.

3) A close J. FK on a grounded opponent sets up for Gamma Quake, but you'd have to be quick.

4) BASIC HULK COMBO EVERYONE KNOWS: D. FP, Gamma Crush.

5) Use Gamma Quake to prevent opponents from jumping in on you. It's pretty quick, so you might catch people off guard.

6) If your opponent is cornered, you can add some pressure by repeatedly using J. FK, FP, Ground Wave. Somebody did that to me once, and it was a slight pain in the ass to get out of.

That's the best I can do. Like I said, not so much of a Hulk/Rulk player.
    Mega Man/Roll - MvC----MM/Tron Bonne/Roll - MvC2---MM Trigger/Roll/Zero - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
    Zero/Sentinel/Tron - MvC3 Zero - SvC Chaos
    http://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com

Yes, I play Sentinel. Deal with it.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    who are the top players on ggpo and who were the top players offline? anyone know
    who are the top players on ggpo and who were the top players offline? anyone know

Divine
    Cow
    Game-tip(best chun-li)
    Vice(best WM)
    Wakka

Those are the ones I can think of right now.I'm not sure if the other top players play still.

dunno about offline.

I wonder the same thing

But anyway, can someone breakdown the Strider lockdown pattern / combo for someone who's just getting into the game.

Lock down pattern:

Dash in hp/hk orbs, throw rings,tiger(1 or 2 times),throw more rings,bomb(hk if your far away)and then assist.

Master air teleporting.Anytime they push block when you put them in lock down try to air teleport behind them.This can cause a cross up.If timed right you can break their gauard and cross them up.

Combos

Some ground combos

S.Lp,S.MP,S.MK,S.HP,S.HK XX Ame-no-Murakumo (LP)(fireball motion+P).

This is a some what basic ground combo that makes use of his Ame-no-Murakumo,the
    most damaging one at that. He has better options,but I like do this combo every once in a while
    to change it up a bit.

S.Lp,S.MP,S.MK,S.HP,S.HK XX Gram(Dagon Punch motion + K )

Strider Hiryu best ground Combo that doesn't involve a hyper combo or uncombo.

--Air combos--

Uncombo

C.Lp,C.Mp, C.HP,SJ, SJ.Mp,SJ.Mk XX Gram(Dagon Punch motion + K )

This is his easiest and one of his mose damaging air combo that doesn't involve
    a cross up.This combo is one of strider's Uncombo. What's a "uncombo"? A uncombo
    resets the damage and can only occurs in certain combos....basically a unblockable reset.
    "Gram" only becomes unblockable(not vs CPU) while doing this air combo or variation of it.

C.Lp,C.Mp, C.HP,SJ,SJ.Lp,SJ.Lk,SJ.Mp,SJ.Mk and end it with Excalibur(Lp)(fireball motion)
    or hp /hk.

Use only if you think this combo will kill the opponent (if your ending the air combo with Excalibur
    that is).

If want some more info on strider just ask.My mains are strider and wolvie.
  • Crimson_Zero12Crimson_Zero12 ¬_¬ SIDE-EYE MADNESS ¬_¬ Joined: Posts: 659
    If want some more info on strider just ask.My mains are strider and wolvie.

What exactly is the timing on Striders air combo involving the 2Xjump? The way I do it is:

c.lp, c.mk, c.hp, SJ, (delayed) j.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.mk (at this point, Strider should be somewhat lower than your opponent's character), jump (if forward is held, you'll cross them up), j.lk, j.mk, j.hk.

The only problem with this is that people sometimes mash buttons (or just know what their doing) and hit me on the second jump. I've seen people do the combo with j.lk, j.lp, j.lk and then jump from there, but I can't get the timing of that right.
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
    What exactly is the timing on Striders air combo involving the 2Xjump? The way I do it is:

c.lp, c.mk, c.hp, SJ, (delayed) j.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.mk (at this point, Strider should be somewhat lower than your opponent's character), jump (if forward is held, you'll cross them up), j.lk, j.mk, j.hk.

The only problem with this is that people sometimes mash buttons (or just know what their doing) and hit me on the second jump. I've seen people do the combo with j.lk, j.lp, j.lk and then jump from there, but I can't get the timing of that right.

watch this MM video of j wong vs MM

MM performs a double jump combo at 1:54

Here is the command for the combo.

C.Lk,C.MK, C.HP,SJ,early SJ.Mp,SJ.MK, pause(1 sec), SJ.Lk,SJ.MK, double Jump,
    DJ.Lp,DJ.MP,DJ.MK XX Gram(Dragon Punch motion + K )

Try going on GGPO and asking for more visual help from someone(if needed).I would help you online myself,but I haven't played in a year, so I need to train myself.

You can start out by first learning Hulks/Hyper Hulks Basic Commands, i suggest playing around with them if you are interested in mastering them. Regular hulk has a major advantage which is his armor whereas Hyper Hulk has speed but loses the armor. But their duo is deadly when they are both together, by just doing gamma crushes you can do over 50% damage by just chipping them and a guaranteed 100% death if caught unguarded.

Hulk's basic Reset Combo is in the corner, this is one of his damaging combos but note that the opponent can roll out of it or tech hit out of the grab, also don't bother trying it on wolverine since he is one of the hardest characters to get otg'd by anyone:

Jump -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Crouching High Punch (Launch) -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Medium Kick -> Rejump And Grab (Reset) -> (otg) High Kick -> Standing High Punch -> -Gamma Quake-

And His Basic corner combo is:
    Jump -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Crouching High Punch -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Medium Kick -> (Rejump) Low Punch -> Medium Kick -> (otg) High Kick -> Crouching Low Punch -> Standing High Punch

If you have any other questions regarding this game ask me and i'll try to answer them
    You can start out by first learning Hulks/Hyper Hulks Basic Commands, i suggest playing around with them if you are interested in mastering them. Regular hulk has a major advantage which is his armor whereas Hyper Hulk has speed but loses the armor. But their duo is deadly when they are both together, by just doing gamma crushes you can do over 50% damage by just chipping them and a guaranteed 100% death if caught unguarded.

Hulk's basic Reset Combo is in the corner, this is one of his damaging combos but note that the opponent can roll out of it or tech hit out of the grab, also don't bother trying it on wolverine since he is one of the hardest characters to get otg'd by anyone:

Jump -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Crouching High Punch (Launch) -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Medium Kick -> Rejump And Grab (Reset) -> (otg) High Kick -> Standing High Punch -> -Gamma Quake-

And His Basic corner combo is:
    Jump -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Crouching High Punch -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Medium Kick -> (Rejump) Low Punch -> Medium Kick -> (otg) High Kick -> Crouching Low Punch -> Standing High Punch

If you have any other questions regarding this game ask me and i'll try to answer them

oh thanks i was looking for some damaging combos! also thanks to alucard20 for the combo video :)
  • Crimson_Zero12Crimson_Zero12 ¬_¬ SIDE-EYE MADNESS ¬_¬ Joined: Posts: 659
    Thanks, Alucard. Good shit.
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
    Np guys.
    If anyone ever wants to play on GGPO holla at me....
    MvC - Wolverine (Help wanted)

Can somebody please give me a BnB rundown of Wolverine. I see some GGPO players doing this sweet corner combo with him and I think he'd be great for arcade stick playtesting =D

Can somebody also give me a rundown on his ground infinite?
    King of Fighter XIII | Guilty Gear Xrd | BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma | Ultra Street Fighter 4
    Can somebody please give me a BnB rundown of Wolverine. I see some GGPO players doing this sweet corner combo with him and I think he'd be great for arcade stick playtesting =D

Can somebody also give me a rundown on his ground infinite?

BnB combo

Basic combo

C.Lp (comes out faster)or C.Lk(hits low),C.MK,C.HP XX BBX

Wolverine's Bread and butter combo.

Takes off good damage and should be one of you main combos.

---Intermediate----

--Mid screen reset--

1. Jump in with Hp,HK,Or drive kick XX HK,dash in with C.Lp,C.Mp,C.Hk
    (to cross up)then quickly do a weapon X or BBX

Good cross up into weapon X or BBX and really good damage,but it only
    works on certain characters.

Note 1:Weapon X is safer if blocked and BBX comes out faster.Overall I use this to set up my weapon X super move.

Note 2:If your on the left hand side while crossing them up, perform weapon X(or BBX)
    as you would if you were still on the left hand side.Example:I jump in(and I'm
    on the left hand side)and do the following: C.Lp,C.Mp,C.Hk to do a ground cross up
    on you.At the point I go under you(to cross up) I push Forward, down, down/forward
    + PP as if I was still on the left hand side(even tho I just crossed you up and now
    I'm on the right side).

Works vs the following characters:

War machine
    Venom
    Chun-li
    Spider-man
    Hulk
    Captain America

Advance Combos

Infinite

I usally don't use the infinite
    nor do i know his 100 % uncombo in the corner.

I'll pm enki about it.

--Corner only--

1. Jump in with Hp,HK,Or drive kick XX HK,dash in with C.Lk,C.MK,C.HP XX BBX

Once BBX is over you have one of the following options to choose from:

A.OTG them with C.LP,C.MP,C.HK(or C.HP)to cross them up and then quickly throw them
    back in the corner with forward + MP.When your opponent is about to fall in front of you
    tap Mk and BBX them again.

B.OTG them with S.LK,S.MK(2X),S.HP,S.HK.If they mash while coming down do a S.HK
    If they don't try to throw them.

C.OTG them with a S.LK,S.MP,S.MK(1X),C.HP(this uncombos).The C.HP puts them back in the air a little lower then normal jump height.Since C.HP is jump cancelable you can quickly jump up/forward to them and quickly begin another series of attacks.If your too late with your jump up attempt, they will be able to block.I'm assuming you made in time.From here jump up/forward and attack with J.LP,J.LK,J.MP,J.MK,J.hp( or do a drill claw cross up then hk while u fall from the air, land and BnB combo).
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    There were MVC tournaments back in the day- it was one of the big games at the time of Alpha 3 and Tekken tag. The reason you may have misse dout on the tournament scene was because the game had a short life span (just under 2 years iirc before MVC2 killed it) and this was before B5 started annual nationals.

the game featured heavily in the MWC and ECC championships in '98 and '99 and it was played competitively in Europe, latin America and Asia, including japan.
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
  • BobbypigoBobbypigo Joined: Posts: 2,466
    Anyone up for some games today @ 530 EST?

Hit me up on AIM or post here.

-Jim
    ^ what's your name on GGPO?

i might have played u....
    Wolverine's wavedash infinite:
    I would recommend you learning how to wavedash before you get into doing his infinite
    Reasons: If you learn how to wavedash learning Wolverine's wavedash infinite will be way easier
    You should set up your stick so that it's setup as if it were in the arcade cabinet, Heres how it's setup: The top 3 buttons starting from the left are Low Punch, Medium Punch, High Punch and the buttons below should be Low Kick, Medium Kick, High Kick

Back to wavedashing, in order to wavedash properly on stick you have to press the top buttons Low Punch + Medium Punch + High Punch together at the same time this will make your character dash, but in order to wavedash you need to cancel that dash and to do that you need to push your stick down, so this is what you should be doing: Press LP+MP+HP together -> Push stick down Press LP+MK+HP together -> Push stick down.... and so on and that is how you wavedash, practice this a LOT if you want to get good at doing it or else you'll end up messing up and losing matches because of such errors

After you MASTER wavedashing here's the sequence for the wolverine wavedash infinite :
    Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Wavedash -> Low Kick -> Medium Punch -> Wavedash.... and so on
    There are many variations for this infinite but this is the basic wavedash infinite concept

After you learn to wavedash infinite you can drag an opponent across the screen with the wavedash infinite and do his reset in the corner or do some other combos in the corner or anywhere on the screen if you like

Wolverine Resets:
    100% against everyone except for : Hulk, Zangief, Hyper Armor War Machine, Chun-Li, Megaman, roll
    *In corner: Crouching Low Kick -> Crouching Medium Punch -> Standing Medium Kick (Tap twice) -> Crouching High Punch(reset) -> Standing High Kick(Launch) -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Press Down, High Kick(Tap Twice) -> Stading Low Kick(otg) *you should do this as soon as the character hits the floor -> Standing Medium Kick(tap twice) -> Crouching High Punch -> Standing Medium Kick(tap once)* -> Crouching High Punch -> Standing Medium Kick (tap twice) -> Crouching High Punch - Standing Medium Kick (tap once)* -> Crouching High Punch.... and so on *or you can cancel reset into his Fatal Claw

Reset against Chun-li, Megaman :
    *This can be done anywhere on the screen
    Jump in With High Punch -> High Kick -> Standing Low Kick -> Standing Medium Punch -> (Push Stick Down to cancel the standing Medium Punch) -> Crouching Medium Punch* (as you are pushing the stick down you should be pressing this button) -> Standing High Kick (Launch) -> Low Punch -> Low Kick -> Medium Kick -> Press Down High Kick(tap twice)

Reset against Hulk, Venom, Captain Commando, Strider:
    *This can be done anywhere on the screen
    Jump in With High Punch -> High Kick -> Crouching Low Kick -> Crouching Medium Punch -> Standing Medium Kick(tap twice) -> The press down forward + High Punch to slide down(this resets) -> Do Berserker Barrage X -> *otg with Crouching Low Punch -> Standing Low Kick -> Medium Kick(tap twice) -> press down forward + High Punch to slide down(reset)
    ^ what's your name on GGPO?

i might have played u....

Who me? Im JimRhodes!
    Who me? Im JimRhodes!

oh ok, I guess i didn't play ya.

Thanks Enki
  • TheKimuraTheKimura G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 239
    Who me? Im JimRhodes!

i <3 Jim Rhodesssssssssss!!

you still play with your buff ass GWM/Gief team? thats seriously one of the most interesting teams i've ever seen in mvc to this day. keep it up.

oh and sup Enki? it's T-K, we had some good matches on ggpo son. too bad i don't play this game much anymore.
    <LK-7T2> no marvel player has fundamentals except tk
    <xLindaEvelyn> i dont like seeing tk win
    <F|at|ine____> I'm sorry tk, ur the best
    <soulsight> i put my mom on table that divine wont defeat t kimura today
    What's up T-Kimura, hope we can play again some other time maybe a first to 10 or something :), just hit me up when you want to
    i <3 Jim Rhodesssssssssss!!
    you still play with your buff ass GWM/Gief team? thats seriously one of the most interesting teams i've ever seen in mvc to this day. keep it up.
    oh and sup Enki? it's T-K, we had some good matches on ggpo son. too bad i don't play this game much anymore.

Good Shyet TK!!!!!

Yah mon, I still try to get a few wins with those slow asses. :looney:

Thanks for the good words meng, means a lot coming from some one with your skills.
    snip

Thanks for all the info =D
    "bbx" = Weapon X?

snip

Thanks to you as well =]
    This is what I was looking for :tup:
    Check my post in the first page two more resets were added for wolverine :)
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks for all the info =D
    "bbx" = Weapon X?

BBX = Berserker Barrage X
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,666
    Were I to play this game I'd have to use one of the following teams:

Double War Machine/Colossus
    Chun-Li/Strider Hiryu/Psylocke
    Megaman/War Machine/Colossus
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
    My teams are the following:

Strider/wolverine (my main team)
    Strider/Gambit
    Strider/Venom
    Strider/spider man
  • Fuzzy_SnugsFuzzy_Snugs aidoru Joined: Posts: 1,645
    This is going to bug me FOREVER is I don't ever learn how to do Red Venom's infinite. D:
    Seriously, how do you cancel his HP into HK, it never cancels for some reason.
    g
    This is going to bug me FOREVER is I don't ever learn how to do Red Venom's infinite. D:
    Seriously, how do you cancel his HP into HK, it never cancels for some reason.
    To do hyper venom's jumping infinite you need to launch the opponent and wait for like half a second then it'll cancel.Do not super jump or else it won't cancel, the canceling happens during normal jumps. It's easier if you start the infinite with medium kick cancel into high punch then cancel into high kick, then after that just keep doing the high punch into high kick canceling.
  • Fuzzy_SnugsFuzzy_Snugs aidoru Joined: Posts: 1,645
    So I have to wait until after super jump, and then it will cancel, gotcha.
    Now I can sleep at night, thanks.
    g
  • EphidelEphidel 02 OG Joined: Posts: 15,113 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I always thought they could of made sent's assist with better priorty. One good whack stops him cold :xeye:
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel
    Discord: Ephidel
    hey enki i saw you doing an otg corner inf with cc on megaman after a captain sword, can u explain it please, and also if it works on other chars
    hey enki i saw you doing an otg corner inf with cc on megaman after a captain sword, can u explain it please, and also if it works on other chars
    sure it's quite simple all you do is catch the opponent after captain sword with standing low punch -> standing low kick -> crouching medium kick and repeat that so it becomes an infinite although i believe it only works on small and light characters, practice this until you get it so you are able to pull it off during a match.
  • DOA.DOA. DOAisBetter Joined: Posts: 138
    Hey guys. Latly I find myself play MvC1 more and more along side MvC2. Anyway been bringing my Dreamcast to work and practicing, after a quite a bit of practice I got the basic WM semi-infinite, learned some strider strings, and really improved my wave dashing.

So I wanted to know some useful combos for WM, Strider, Wolverine, Venom, and Gambit. I mainly like playing Venom/Gambit, however I practice and mess with the first 3 to understand the game better. I have been trying to get the Wolverine wave dash combo down but I think I am doing it to slow. Pretty much either I get a 3rd attack or dash and it doesnt combo. I guess the timing is strict. I've had it combo twice but out of 100s of tries that is not saying much.
    Fighting is a thing that all men should do, thats why you have pectorals, so that you can push your hand through somebodys face.