The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match Thread

Comments

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,927
    I don't see why she couldn't make it in, since she's been in NESTS games.
  • ChopperManChopperMan Joined: Posts: 640
    id give up k9999 to get rid of angel and maylee cause im a hater

nigga please stop hatin'

Only one I'd really care to see again is Angel though
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    Is stupid ass NESTS Robert in the game? You know, the one with the charge command throw?
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
    I don't think so, 2k2 Robert had his normal motions (with a crippled move list though). They could include him as an alternate character perhaps, but I wouldn't bet on it considering how much people hated that version.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 15,902
    99 and 2000 Robert was charge type... 2001 was command and had crazy combos too.

He had a charge command throw? Wow. That's automatically unplayable for me.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Man, i know i aint the only one who thinks that the NESTS saga was and still the worst part of KOF.
    Games and Storyline. And BTW, PAO is fuckin' broken.
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    2000 is th eb est

snk needs to get on some kof2000um
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    With Strikers?

I cant wait to see the outcome of this. :S
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,260
    99's presentation and atmosphere was pretty badass

things like kyo's intro animation with his headband comes to mind

Robert in 2k1 was pretty awesome
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,657
    Im trying to figure how they are gonna put Jhun there, I mean he could go with May lee, but the 3rd one?

also im seeing that Jhun is not gonna be the kind of character with long and damaging as hell combos (well..he has nerver been..except for the Dragon Step infinite) like Vanessa or Yama. Probably as a battery he could work. Lin looks promising enought to play him
    jhun is always super strong in every kof he is in, just no one really plays him
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • TurbovecTurbovec Crazed Johnny user! Joined: Posts: 1,000

Uh...wasn't he the most used character other than Duo Lon in 2K3? Aside from Mallin, I can't think of any other characters used more than those 3.
    I'm here to do 2 things. One, chew Bubble Gum. Two, kick ass. And I'm out of Bubble Gum.
    yeah in 2k3 it was pretty much double d then jhun and malin

in 99 he wasn't all that hot
    yea im not sure about 99 either. he hes anything like his 2000 version then he wouldve dominated easily even with kensou in that game cause everyone else is balls. in 2000 he is in the top tier. in 2k3 yea i remember people using his float bug but only against duolon rofl. but 2k3 is an extremely unpopular game, it didnt really cross my mind and tbqh i never saw all that many jhuns in it.
  • MUSOLINIMUSOLINI Joined: Posts: 1,533
    99 jhun wasnt hot, but 01 robert was the shit.i remember playing him with these insane juggle combos i really camt remember toom well involving his grab and dp canselled into dp super with something of a wall splat in it. really gotta play this game again. looks where one of the worst ever in a kof along with 2k2 but gameplay and especially combo options where some of the best ever in this kof IMO.
    Shells in the mouth, jailhouse snitch
    My powder voice, Snow White stiff
    Verbal killas, gorilla grip
    God body shit, puff Marley spliffs
  • DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,657

I used to...a lot actually

2000 jhun is the shit, lots of setup up for his Dragon Step infinite, plus godly stance movs.

2k3 jhun was good too, a bit changed but still good as hell
  • Shotokan SymphonyShotokan Symphony FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX Joined: Posts: 1,703
    2000 is th eb est

snk needs to get on some kof2000um

I'd buy a KOF2000: UM WAAAAAAY before 2K2: UM. I mean, why the fuck bother playing 98:UM with a different roster and SLIGHTLY different game mechanics?

Or do you your mother actually miss shitty hidden supers?
    "Though diminished by jets and telephones, each day the world grows conceptually larger. As a focal point, this big world demands a big house, with big people to fill it. When politicians and movie stars prove inadequate, only gods remain." - MiracleMan #12
    well 2k2 has new billy and new kim

i was kinda hoin they buff 98 billy close to 2k2 billy but they didnt. they did good with 98um kim tho
    Nothing stopping them from putting 2K2 Billy into 2K:UM. I mean, it IS a dream match.

But hey, SNK has been rolling with silly decisions, so why stop now?
    "Though diminished by jets and telephones, each day the world grows conceptually larger. As a focal point, this big world demands a big house, with big people to fill it. When politicians and movie stars prove inadequate, only gods remain." - MiracleMan #12
    I'd buy a KOF2000: UM WAAAAAAY before 2K2: UM. I mean, why the fuck bother playing 98:UM with a different roster and SLIGHTLY different game mechanics?

Because 2002 it's actually a quite different game compared to 98 and no one cares about 2000?
  • HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 754
    May-Lee and jhun and i'll be happy....
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    99 and 2000 Robert was charge type... 2001 was command and had crazy combos too.

He had a charge command throw? Wow. That's automatically unplayable for me.

in 99 it was not a throw the entire thing was blockable, yeah it was d, u +p you could juggle with it after, i cannot quite remember if he had it in 2000 (been ages since i used robert in it)

As for 99 jhun not being that hot? you have to be joking, his stance moves were fucking stupid his dd+A stance was too good, the D move was an instant gc(and is fast as fuck)which could use follow ups such as foward B for guranteed damage it charged your meter in seconds, not to mention his infinent his easy combos stupidly good normals (standing D could punish shit from over half the screen away) he's as good as 2000 jhun if not better.
    Play 99 jhun then play 2000 jhun you'll see it for youself it's that obvious

99 was a funny game, so many characters had bizzare changes
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah, gonna have to agree with virtua leon. 99 jhun was stupid good, his stances were TOO godlike, and he had one of the best CD attacks in the game, period.

in fact his CD attack was SO good in 99 that they changed that shit in 2000.
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • UbersaurusUbersaurus RIP Kinn "ROBOTRON" Joined: Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bao being a crazy beast in 99 was pretty awesome.
    When someone asks if you're a god...say yes
  • hauntshaunts www.iplaywinner.com Joined: Posts: 3,098
    Is this available for preorder or anything yet? I dont see it on any sites like play asia or w/e..
    http://www.iplaywinner.com | http://www.keystoneii.com | http://www.versuscity.net | http://www.denjinarcade.com
    terror never had rules, kill the messenger and the bearer of bad news.
    It's going to be presented at TGS for the first time and it's only 60% done IIRC, so it will take a time before it's available for preorder I guess.
    Because 2002 it's actually a quite different game compared to 98 and no one cares about 2000?

The people who cared about 2K2 care about 98 more, and it sure as hell doesn't warrant a NEW UM for a game that isn't that different.

But hey, SNK fans love having the opportunity to prove how they'll eat just about anything SNK puts out.
    People who play 2k2 usually don't play 98. And both games are different enough. It's an Alpha 2 to Alpha 3 difference.

So yeah, a remake for the most popular KOF at the moment sounds pretty logical.
    The people who cared about 2K2 care about 98 more, and it sure as hell doesn't warrant a NEW UM for a game that isn't that different.

But hey, SNK fans love having the opportunity to prove how they'll eat just about anything SNK puts out.

Do you know how much money SNK would make if they ever realized that they can just release the same game over and over again and charge 50 bucks for it? All SNK has to do is "keep KOF true to it's roots" i.e. play like 98. Throw in some other characters and take out moves and bam. 50 bucks.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."

wow you're wrong
    The people who cared about 2K2 care about 98 more
    thats wrong
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,836
    2k2 was mainly made to appeal to '98 folk, I don't think the division between the two is that great. It probably just has more to do with the character selection and maybe some of the MAX subsystems.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Alpha 2 and Alpha 3.
    2k2 was mainly made to appeal to '98 folk, I don't think the division between the two is that great. It probably just has more to do with the character selection and maybe some of the MAX subsystems.
    forget who it was meant for, im talkin about who actually plays the games
    I will never, NEVER understand the SNK scene, especially people who play 2K2 over 98.

Jesus fucking Christ. *unsubscribes*
    Yeah how can people like different things, it's outrageous.
    I will never, NEVER understand the SNK scene, especially people who play 2K2 over 98.

rofl
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,927
    its called playing different games
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws

to quote polarity

you're a terrible poster
    its called playing different games

I know I unsubscribed, but

IRONY
    to quote polarity

you're a terrible poster
    And you're a gimmick poster. If a terrible poster is ALL I am, I can live with it.
    Please do what you promised and stop posting because you clearly have no idea on what you are talking about.
    2K2 is 98 with a different cast, shittier graphics, modified Armor and Offensive modes, and crappier sound. I'm sure this makes me sound like a bigot, but I'd give it a better chance if it didn't look and sound like chronic diarrhea.

The fact that you guys want MORE of that, and even PREFER that over XI or 98, sickens me. At least SNK knows its market. Keep spending that cash, guys!

And you're right, I shouldn't be trolling a thread. I'm sorry about that, but... jesus christ, comparing 2k2 to 98 is like comparing Budweiser to Dinkel Acker.
    2k2 doesnt have armor/counter mode

do you even play kof?
    I really don't remember what it has. It had that cancel mode. I just typed armor because I was in a flurry.

Damn it, Dandy, not you too!
    2k2 is 98 with shittier antiairs and normal priority, emphasis on execution and combos, super cancels, max mode cancels, max mode doesn't give damage bonus but a damage penalty, roll cancel combos, faster speed, wire attacks, different throw teching, not only different cast but the recurring characters play pretty differently, and many things I'm forgetting. So other than being 3 on 3 and KOFs, they aren't that similar.

I repeat, they are as similar as Alpha 2 and Alpha 3. The difference may be even bigger.
  • DJ EtherDJ Ether Send them to the cementary. Joined: Posts: 236
    2K2 is 98 with a different cast, shittier graphics, modified Armor and Offensive modes, and crappier sound. I'm sure this makes me sound like a bigot, but I'd give it a better chance if it didn't look and sound like chronic diarrhea.

The fact that you guys want MORE of that, and even PREFER that over XI or 98, sickens me. At least SNK knows its market. Keep spending that cash, guys!

And you're right, I shouldn't be trolling a thread. I'm sorry about that, but... jesus christ, comparing 2k2 to 98 is like comparing Budweiser to Dinkel Acker.

Relax son, let people spend money any way they want. Nobody forces you to buy 2k2UM. If you dont want it, dont buy it.
    Yeah, sorry for shitting your thread up, guys, but... sigh. I miss the pre-Eolith/SNKP years, when voice actors didn't sound like tweens, attacks sounded good, and music was great. That's what drew me into KOF in the first place.

Excuse me for not knowing the technical terms. :p
    lol i'm really not a fan of 2002 at all, i was just calling you out on crap you didn't know

TDK av is great :tup:

and I feel your pain... especially about the music
    Ah.. 2002's music was such ass. To this day I cannot begin to understand how the hell SNK thought they did well with that crap.

Although with all the additions 2002 had, it really doesn't seem that different from 98 to me. But hey, I'm not that deep into KOF(yet) anyway.

• DJ EtherDJ Ether Send them to the cementary. Joined: Posts: 236
    Yeah, sorry for shitting your thread up, guys, but... sigh. I miss the pre-Eolith/SNKP years, when voice actors didn't sound like tweens, attacks sounded good, and music was great. That's what drew me into KOF in the first place.

Excuse me for not knowing the technical terms. :p

I agree, after the demise of SNK it just isnt the same. SNKP is trying, I support companies who still go with 2D after all these years.