The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match Thread

Comments

• Shin MuchinkoShin Muchinko Thats Uncle Ruku... Joined: Posts: 196
    Look for a player named Naoki, he's a beast. You should be able to find a lot of his videos on youtube...but some of the videos don't have his name labelled so you'll have to manually search through the VERSUS FESTIVAL matches to find him. Also check this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzdHnTEgHzs
    thanks a bunch Emil. Hopefully I can more info on her since I dont see much on the forums in regards to her.

Shiki- Thanks. Her cancel off DP has insane timing. What the hell!
  • blk_brothablk_brotha Veteran Gamer of FGs and RPGs Joined: Posts: 936
    thanks a bunch Emil. Hopefully I can more info on her since I dont see much on the forums in regards to her.

Shiki- Thanks. Her cancel off DP has insane timing. What the hell!

not that insane just buffer another qcf +C, and then hold forward and piano A,C for her air slash as soon as the screen finish flashing.
    I make moves like chess... CHECKMATE!
    Execution control series: Pad vs. Stick

Pad:

Whip's Boomerang SC hcf+C into Sonic Slaughter- qcb, hcf+A or C = Easy

Kula's Crow bite dp +C SC into Freeze Execution hcb x2+A+C = Easy

I figured performing those buffers on arcade stick is difficult any advice on how to do it? Those are just examples that I am putting out there for strict commands and timing. I feel that it is a lot easier to perform on the pad no lie.

peace out cUDDY:cool:
  • christopherblizzchristopherblizz Joined: Posts: 49
    ps3 port... plz... take my money
  • TheAbsolutionTheAbsolution Joined: Posts: 737
  • salthekatsalthekat Joined: Posts: 70
    Does anyone play this on xbl?
    I'm planing on getting it and was just wondering.
  • TerrastormTerrastorm Joined: Posts: 263
    The netcode isn't very good.
  • salthekatsalthekat Joined: Posts: 70
    ahh sucks :(
    i wanted some practice for kof 13
    Can anyone direct me to the changes on '98 and '02 UM FE? Thanks.

• lawlerlawler Joined: Posts: 38
    There's no '02UM FE.
  • TerrastormTerrastorm Joined: Posts: 263
    ahh sucks :(
    i wanted some practice for kof 13
    Try GGPO, 98 and 02 will at least teach you fundamentals.
    Ok good for 2k2 UM then I'm glad that I don't have to relearn the changes of the game. but can you show me the changes that they did in 98 UM even though it's a 2k2 thread?

U mean changes from 98 to 98UM? It's a lot of changes, just pick your chars and test in the practice mode and u'll notice.
    I mean the final edition version.
    Sorry I'm not familiar with that game. Watch some videos and maybe you will notice some (assuming you know how 98/98UM works).
  • BmanBman Heart of Space Joined: Posts: 725
    I've been fucking around with this game and I'm really surprised that it isn't more popular. It just seems so fun to play.
    AE Main: Ken
    3rd Strike Main: Ken
    Guilty Gear Main: Ken
    Soul Caliber Main: Ken
    Barbie Doll Main: Ken
    It is more popular on Asia and Europe. In americas it isn't, sadly.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 640
    It is more popular on Asia and Europe. In americas it isn't, sadly.

As a Euro, I can assure you this isn't true. There's a teeny little bit of play in Britain, maybe France, but not a single place has something that could be considered a proper scene.
  • EDDUREDDUR Banana Joined: Posts: 981
    As a Euro, I can assure you this isn't true. There's a teeny little bit of play in Britain, maybe France, but not a single place has something that could be considered a proper scene.

France has got a bigger scene than Britain, but it's still very small. Consider yourself lucky when the number of participants in a 2k2UM tourney is over 20.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,754
    I bought this game because it had a lot of characters. Got easy baked online by some chinese fool lol. PM me to play gt:SwxrdZ
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:X_Sword
    swxrdz.deviantart.com
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,389
    France has got a bigger scene than Britain, but it's still very small. Consider yourself lucky when the number of participants in a 2k2UM tourney is over 20.

That's still bigger than the US KOF scene.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,021

Emil plays B.A.L.A from Mexico, online

Unfortunately, it's only the last few matches in a FT10 set. The first 7 fights are not available.

B.A.L.A is insane, I don't play 2k2 competitively, but he's definitely one of the best players I've seen in my life. He wasn't even using any character from his serious team.
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    B.A.L.A is insane, I don't play 2k2 competitively, but he's definitely one of the best players I've seen in my life. He wasn't even using any character from his serious team.

You don't understand what you're watching if you think he's one of the best players you've seen(or you haven't seen anything)...and actually it would have been easier to beat him if he used his mains so I didn't have to figure out his gimmicks with the uncommon characters like Andy.

It's pretty obvious you're trying to start some shit now, like you've always been doing in the past. Troll attempt fail, gtfo.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • hisogahisoga Joined: Posts: 68
    come on Emil.. that video prove nothing. just ignore people ignorant. why can't you guys get along with each other. it doesn't hurt. it a shame to see kof fans argue with each other about this stupid thing.
    Lol that's the thing...I never even said anything bad about Bala. These people keep quiet when I beat the majority of the mexican players but when I lose to one, it's suddenly a big deal? It's really pretty childish.

And this isn't even taking into consideration the constant deliberate misinformation that Dark Geese spreads, not only in the forums but in all his videos(including that one). This is probably why he left SRK, because people caught on to that misinformation and knew he couldn't keep the charade up anymore on SRK...so he decided to take it strictly to his youtube channel(where he can say anything he wants and just delete comments and ban people who posted against him) and his mexican forums(where people would just agree with him because he's supporting mexico).
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,389
    Lol that's the thing...I never even said anything bad about Bala.

You don't understand what you're watching if you think he's one of the best players you've seen(or you haven't seen anything)...and actually it would have been easier to beat him if he used his mains so I didn't have to figure out his gimmicks with the uncommon characters like Andy.

...Sounds like a diss to me, bro.

I mean seriously, you're going to criticize someone you lost to for not using "mains" or for using "gimmicks with uncommon characters"?
    Just stop already.

I can't believe someone with so much experience and knowledge as you would drop back to using scrubby arguments like that.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,077
    I have it on xbl an Ive been trying to learn it but I dont see anyone online if anyone wants to play send a message/friend request to gt:Tensa Mugetsu5 Iam down to play love me some kof
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May

...Sounds like a diss to me, bro.

I mean seriously, you're going to criticize someone you lost to for not using "mains" or for using "gimmicks with uncommon characters"?
    Just stop already.

I can't believe someone with so much experience and knowledge as you would drop back to using scrubby arguments like that.

Please, you don't know what you're talking about...

At the time that video went up, I hadn't said anything bad about Bala. In fact, I complimented him. Then Bala said on dreamcancel that he just used low tiers and didn't even use his mains, in which case I responded with the fact the argument fails because using those low tiers could make it harder to fight than him just using his mains, for the reasons I stated(and yes, there were many gimmicks). I just reiterated that point in this thread here because endless mentioned that point about not using his mains. It's not even really a scrubby argument(though I wasn't even making it an argument, just a counter to what was already said). The argument itself is used in like practically every tournament you see where you have people pulling out unusual characters like Gouken, Hakan, etc against experienced players like Tokido, Daigo, etc.

And to be clear, I would have probably lost to Bala with him using his mains, just not for the same reason I lost these matches. I would have had an easier time knowing what was coming if he used his mains...for instance, you rarely see an Andy player use Zeneiken(with the zero frame delay on whiff) like Bala does...it was something new that I had to adapt to. The videos shows me punishing it with Kim close C but it took a while to recognize just how fast that recovery is on whiff.
  • hisogahisoga Joined: Posts: 68
    yes, i understand that sometimes we can lose because of something like that.. but you guys are kof fans and you guy did actually contribute something to the kof community rather than just give a comment but doing nothing. this stupid rivalry?! need to be stop..
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    Keep the thread on topic or I'll have to start deleting posts.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    I just bought 02UM the other day and I'm still finding random dudes on there to play. The button delay can be bad but against people with decent connections it's fair.

Just starting to understand the Q.Max system after all these years. I didn't understand why some special moves can just be canceled into super and not others, and why some characters can do it and some can't. Now I have a better understanding of how it works and how to use it.

I've been trying to do this K' combo in 02UM:

[URL='

I can't get his dp to max cancel into Blackout at all. Is there something I'm not doing or does this not work in UM?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • JDash247JDash247 Joined: Posts: 223
    I just bought 02UM the other day and I'm still finding random dudes on there to play. The button delay can be bad but against people with decent connections it's fair.

Just starting to understand the Q.Max system after all these years. I didn't understand why some special moves can just be canceled into super and not others, and why some characters can do it and some can't. Now I have a better understanding of how it works and how to use it.

I've been trying to do this K' combo in 02UM:

[URL='

I can't get his dp to max cancel into Blackout at all. Is there something I'm not doing or does this not work in UM?

That's a narrow spike, not a Blackout. So its, dp+a, qcb+b~qcb+b
    Resident Metal/Fighting Game player.
    http://www.twitch.tv/jdash247 - Random FG and Shmup Player
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    Oh ok. That's the move where he cancels his lunge kick into a slide. Thanks for clearing that up.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • PongBoomPongBoom land of ice and snow Joined: Posts: 707
    My team is (from last to first) : Kensou, EX Takuma, Jhun.

Loving Jhun, he has such sick pokes and a move that always guard crushes if they block it. I use him for meter building because his ground super is garbage. If anyone wants to play they can add me.

GT : Pong Boom
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    -Winston Churchill
    Some people say that 2k2UM received a 2MB update last november and it has NGBC-alike netcode. Can anyone confirm that?
  • SuperkewlSuperkewl Pong Boom Joined: Posts: 123
    Anyone want to get some games going? Maybe a group of us could have like a meet-up every week on sunday or something
    "I don't play video games, just fighting games." - Gootecks (in ''I got next'')
  • SuperkewlSuperkewl Pong Boom Joined: Posts: 123
    Anyways I found some sick tech with seth and his divekicks.

You can SJH and cross someone up on their wake-up, then do his B divekick (QCF + B). This drops straight down, is a crossup, and is a hard knockdown.You can do the same with all his dive kicks.

Also you can cancel his jump A into any divekick as an instant overhead. Cancelling his jump A into his B divekick is a combo off of an instant overhead.
    "I don't play video games, just fighting games." - Gootecks (in ''I got next'')
    I know Emil is a great KOF player I played him and he's super good for an underground SRK'er player just like the rest of us. The vid is hilarious at the end though.

• Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    I'm already upset when they took out my beautiful Angel Infinite. and May Lee's CD cancel into revert form but gotta love the CW qcfx2+B or D.

peace out cUDDY.

since i ordered the game recently(still in the mail) i was wondering if those angel infinites were still in the toegeki ver but this answers it.
    Hummer vids is what brought this into my queries. wonder if he still uses her
    this was on page 63 to any lurkers out there
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • diamonddust131diamonddust131 World's Greatest Pot Monster Joined: Posts: 133
    Who's still playing this game on Xbox Live? I need someone to play it with, lol. I'm still kinda new at this particular game and wanted to see if someone would want to play a few games with me.
    Xbox Live/PSN: DiamondDust132
    USF4: Poison/Boxer | DOA5LR: Mila/Hitomi/Ayane | SF5: Karin/R.Mika
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    got this in the mail like 5 days ago.

its incredible!!!!!

its 2k2 but better. the rebalance, the elimination of certain infinites, the background graphics and music much improved, and the max 2 ultras are all just euphoric!
    its everything i was hoping for.

i'm taking this shit to my local arcade.
    and 98um too,lol
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 640
    Who's still playing this game on Xbox Live? I need someone to play it with, lol. I'm still kinda new at this particular game and wanted to see if someone would want to play a few games with me.
    The netplay is not good enough to make it worth playing on Xbox Live. As much as it sucks, you're better off getting KOF2002 for GGPO and asking for games over at #SNKPlaymore.
  • paddysmithpaddysmith Joined: Posts: 2
    Take a look at the first footage of The King of Fighters 2002 from the JAMMA 2002 show floor.
  • DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,657
    Any of you guys know any jap or chinese top Angel player? Im interested but I dont know any top player to follow that uses her.
  • Mage_Slayer420Mage_Slayer420 Joined: Posts: 7
    I just started playing 2002/98 on GGPO and Im having so much fun with it! It's such a breath of fresh air from SSF4 ! Now, if KOF13 would get released on PC I would be one happy nerd :3
  • berahtberaht Joined: Posts: 121
    is it easy to find games on GGPO for Kof 2002? or is KoF 98 more played on GGPO?
  • BoboGloryBoboGlory Joined: Posts: 540
    It's easy to find matches for both games and go to #SNKPlaymore irc channel at EFNet.net for matches
    Any of you guys know any jap or chinese top Angel player? Im interested but I dont know any top player to follow that uses her.

I only know Hummer who plays her
    not that insane just buffer another qcf +C, and then hold forward and piano A,C for her air slash as soon as the screen finish flashing.

interesting. But i use a ps1 pad! I will try it out later though. Its been ages.
    for instance, you rarely see an Andy player use Zeneiken(with the zero frame delay on whiff) l/quote]

Can you elaborate more on this set up?