The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match Thread

1686970717274»

Comments

• EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    Well I forgot the exact normals required but you cancel your crouch C into A zeneiken at such a distance that it whiffs right in front of them. I think one crouch B before the crouch C will put you at that distance. After it whiffs, you can do another normal and it will usually catch people unless the opponent has a very fast startup normal like Kim's close C or they are just extremely observant.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 488
    I have that game on the Xbox 360.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 640
    I think one crouch B before the crouch C will put you at that distance.
    Yup.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Casuals here. Mostly og 2k2 players trying UM for the first time.

Other of my KOF 2002 (and UM) vids here. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL26846B00064F6472&feature=view_all
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    why isnt this on psn?
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    So is the PS2 version of 2k2UM Tougeki Ver. shit or not? I don't have an Xbox and SNK seems to be retarded by not releasing it on PSN, so am I good with the PS2 version or not compared to the Xbox one?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    i dont really know. but i think the only real difference between the 2 is the xbox one has online, while ps2 doesn't, but i hear the online one sucks due to lag. but i really wouldn't know.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • MrsHowBoatMrsHowBoat Joined: Posts: 115
    Didn't know that there was KOF 2002 thread... here a is video i made for all you Chin players!

Chin Gentsai's Unblockable 2002

As far as I know it stills works in KOF 2002 UM, but they nerfed/reduced the damage on the super.

• Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    lol, tonight i was on ggpo playing vanilla 2k2 and i swear it was me and only one other guy playing from america.
    played only mexicans and i got blown up by most of the dudes i played. but i was able to give just a few ggs to a few guys.
    my ggpo tag is mayleefist.
    hit me up if u ever see me online.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 778
    Are there any sites with information about 2k2um? Would love to see some frame data in particular. Thanks!
    The dude with the shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    How do you select orochi chris?
  • aznpikachu215aznpikachu215 Joined: Posts: 149
    How do you select orochi chris?

Go to Chris, and hold "Start", and Orochi Chris will appear.
  • Shawn_MichaelsShawn_Michaels Joined: Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    KOF 2002 UM will comes out on steam now this February 27,I dont have patience to that happen B)
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Robotic killing machine in training Joined: Posts: 184
    KOF 2002 UM will comes out on steam now this February 27,I dont have patience to that happen B)

Took it long enough to unlock on Steam. I was waiting for hours.

BlazBlue: Nu, Tager, Amane---Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Akatsuki, Adler, Perfecti--Under Night: Akatsuki, Vatista--Vampire Savior: Jedah, Q-Bee, Lilith--Melee: Peach, Fox, Zelda--SkullGirls: BigBand/Painwheel, Fukua, Bigband/Parasoul --3rd Strike: Hugo, Alex, Q--JoJo(Capcom): Dio, Vanilla Ice, Jotaro--KOFXIII: Iori(both)/Kula/K', Team K'--GuiltyGear: Jam, A.B.A, Potemkin--Persona: Aigis, Adachi -- Smash 4: Zelda, Ganon, Greninja, Ryu--MOTW: Rock, Jae Hoon-- CVS2: Yamazaki/Rugal/Geese(N/K), Rock/Boxer/Terry(K)--KOF'98: Yamazaki/Iori/Rugal, Kim/Rugal/Yamazaki--KOF'98UMFE:Geese(both)/Rugal/EXYamazaki, Kim/Iori/Krauser, Yamazaki/Iori/EXGeese--KOF2002: Vanessa/Kula/Yamazaki, Iori/Kula/K', Terry/Kusanagi/Kim, Ramon/Seth/K9999--KOF2002UM: Iori/K'/Kula, Kula/Venessa/Yamazaki, Seth/Hinako/Ramon---KOF2003: Ash/Ryo/Gato, Ash/Yamazaki/Shen--KOF XI: Kula/Oswald/Iori, Oswald/Kula/Ash, Tizoc/Vanessa/Kim--Arcana Hearts 3 Love MAX!!!!!: Weiss, Mei-Fang--Killer Instinct: Hisako, Jago--Street Fighter V: F.A.N.G., Alex, Dictator-- Xrd: Venom, Potemkin,-- MVC2: Hiryu/Felicia/Cable, Nash/Cable/Felicia-- MeltyBloodAACC: Chaos, Kohaku, Arcueid--
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Milkshake Joined: Posts: 2,669
    Picked up both Kusanagi and Heidern!
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Shun / Mai / Beni [Luong, Geese, Sylvie, Kyo, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai[Nyotengu, Kasumi, Kokoro]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 4,254
    edited April 2015
    kof2k2um on steam is fucking dead man. no one is online.
    :-(
    Post edited by StockyJam on
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Robotic killing machine in training Joined: Posts: 184
    kof2k2um on steam is fucking dead man. no one is online.
    :-(

Same problem here. Not a huge issue since I am more offline than online but it would be nice to practice with someone better than me and that should be real easy to find.
    BlazBlue: Nu, Tager, Amane---Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Akatsuki, Adler, Perfecti--Under Night: Akatsuki, Vatista--Vampire Savior: Jedah, Q-Bee, Lilith--Melee: Peach, Fox, Zelda--SkullGirls: BigBand/Painwheel, Fukua, Bigband/Parasoul --3rd Strike: Hugo, Alex, Q--JoJo(Capcom): Dio, Vanilla Ice, Jotaro--KOFXIII: Iori(both)/Kula/K', Team K'--GuiltyGear: Jam, A.B.A, Potemkin--Persona: Aigis, Adachi -- Smash 4: Zelda, Ganon, Greninja, Ryu--MOTW: Rock, Jae Hoon-- CVS2: Yamazaki/Rugal/Geese(N/K), Rock/Boxer/Terry(K)--KOF'98: Yamazaki/Iori/Rugal, Kim/Rugal/Yamazaki--KOF'98UMFE:Geese(both)/Rugal/EXYamazaki, Kim/Iori/Krauser, Yamazaki/Iori/EXGeese--KOF2002: Vanessa/Kula/Yamazaki, Iori/Kula/K', Terry/Kusanagi/Kim, Ramon/Seth/K9999--KOF2002UM: Iori/K'/Kula, Kula/Venessa/Yamazaki, Seth/Hinako/Ramon---KOF2003: Ash/Ryo/Gato, Ash/Yamazaki/Shen--KOF XI: Kula/Oswald/Iori, Oswald/Kula/Ash, Tizoc/Vanessa/Kim--Arcana Hearts 3 Love MAX!!!!!: Weiss, Mei-Fang--Killer Instinct: Hisako, Jago--Street Fighter V: F.A.N.G., Alex, Dictator-- Xrd: Venom, Potemkin,-- MVC2: Hiryu/Felicia/Cable, Nash/Cable/Felicia-- MeltyBloodAACC: Chaos, Kohaku, Arcueid--
  • SkippytheRockSkippytheRock Joined: Posts: 15
    I wanted to get this game to mess around with Vanessa because she looks really cool but apparently shes awful in this game. Is there any other characters that play kinda like her in the game? I'm completely unfamiliar with KOF because i'm relatively new to fighters, and only play street fighrer
  • lawgamerlawgamer Joined: Posts: 68
    I've searched SRK forums for Goro Daimon unblockable glitch and this thread was the only viable result. I've seen Goro's Dp+A loops many times in combovids and match footages. But no one tells exactly how to replicate it. Do you guys have any info?

I've found the easiest and least useful start for the loop: jB, clD\clCxxBC, run, crDxxroll, dp+Axxroll, dp+Axxroll, etc. It works ONLY if the opponent was hit standing.

But it seems there're ways to do the unblockable earthquake after jCD or command throw (16:07 and several other rounds in the vid below):

HOW is it possible? I've tried this thing in training mode - no luck :(
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,341
    Is Normal geese banned? If so why?
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • BawitbackBawitback PRINCE H4RMING Joined: Posts: 34
    Anyone new to KOF add me on XBL: PRINCE H4RMING / Steam: StealthRUSH for some KOF2002UM bouts!
    SFV: Vega, F.A.N.G.
    SFIV: Vega, Dee Jay
    3S: Remy, Twelve

KOFXIV: Team Villains
    KOF02UM: Benimaru/Ramón/King
    NGBC: NeoDio & Tung Fu Ru