Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Thread (PSN)

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Dunno which is more exciting, SF4 or MVC2 coming out on PSN! Tatsunoku v Capcom was an amazing Wii title. Didn't think it'd be half as good as it is, but man, I simply can't get enough of it, and it's no surprise MvC3 is in the loop. God bless Capcom!
  • eric25eric25 Diddy Did It Joined: Posts: 271
    As I said before, I need to see it to believe it. If it's too good to be true, that's most likely the case.

I want to play this game so bad though. I've only played it once and it was when I was brand new to a stick, so it was pretty awkward. What I'm getting at is I want to enjoy the game with a slight understanding.
  • AndymanAndyman Izuna Monster! Joined: Posts: 186
    Mvc3 will never exist! Stop lying to everyone. Hahaha
    Have you played my Claw yet? (It sucks)

www.youtube.com/namydna
  • NewGenNewGen aka SUPERDAVE Joined: Posts: 554
    i couldn't find it on the esrb website. anyone got a direct link?
  • corpcorp Joined: Posts: 17
    Just go to esrb.org and do a search for Marvel vs Capcom it will be the 2nd result stating. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3. Hope this helps.
  • Koga316Koga316 YO MARVEL!!! Joined: Posts: 731
    I hope it comes but if it does, I doubt it would be this year unless they just make an arcade port and just add online...which is all it needs. It took forever for HD Remix to come out
    "Evil ryu is better cause it gets me laid. When girls see me play akuma they are like "lol wtf is this nerd doing" but as soon as I pull out e.ryu and I start the one frame into stuns - waterfalls" - Gekks_
  • MiyagiShin XMiyagiShin X Going Hard at UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Just saw this... Thought I might actually learn how to play marvel good... well w/e

I dont know what to believe. I wish someone could find a release date...
    Challenge me on PSN MiyagiShin:nunchuck:
  • n8archer_XIn8archer_XI natemup Joined: Posts: 710
    Here's hoping for a PSP release...

!
  • Hood HairHood Hair Call me Don Awesome Joined: Posts: 399
    Where is the news article of this announcement? Please either edit it into your first post or link it to me. Thanks.

EDIT: I found it for you.

can u pm me that link? please?
    Av by Aria
  • Demix500Demix500 AsthmaAttack Joined: Posts: 210
    Needs to be stickied when release date info comes out!
  • acllaimacllaim <3 Black Tea Joined: Posts: 987
    no. don't pm the link. just post it here!!!
    Fight like a gentleman... Live like a gentleman!
  • Hood HairHood Hair Call me Don Awesome Joined: Posts: 399
    no. don't pm the link. just post it here!!!

yea just do that!
    Av by Aria
    Awesome, cant wait.

Pretty sure they'll release it long after SF4 is out.
  • NewGenNewGen aka SUPERDAVE Joined: Posts: 554
    they'd better release this game with online play! i just sold my ps2 version for 71 bucks!
  • neroiscariotneroiscariot skillfully inept Joined: Posts: 598
    They are timing MvC2's re-release as a download game to coincide with the announcement of MvC3 sometime this year.

yeah...no
  • AndY0neAndY0ne Joined: Posts: 277
    must buy!
    Source

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2008/10/a_cap_mvc2-fly_4554534.jpg

Anyone excited?

I already have it for PS2, but if the one on PSN has online then it's a definite buy for me even though I'm more of a 3S type person.

I wonder if there will a be new marvel crossover game in the future now that MVC2 is finally being released...
    Maybe people are screw the online mode
    i hope few lag anyway
    i personally believe they will either dreamcast or ps2 port to ps3 with online, or will do an HD remix thing on us and fix some things... but fixing may be to hard for them. i just hope all the things i know from the arcade will stay, like the character select music (seeing as i see that screen and game, it needs to stay the same lol)
  • cynicandrewcynicandrew Joined: Posts: 6
    can't wait for this :)
  • ShikenShiken Est. 2006 Joined: Posts: 90
    Here's hoping for a PSP release...

!
    That'd be cool, but could you imagine trying to play MvC2 on a PSP? It would be ridiculously hard to pull off anything above basics. Of course, mashing buttons is universal. :rofl:

Anyways, if this actually does come out, I really hope it comes with something like SFIV's trials... I've been trying to get understand/good at this game on multiple occasions since 2004, and never succeeded, I'm just plain bad at this game. :sweat:
    Kobe, Japan
    USFIV: Oni, Juri 3S: Ken, Chun ST: Boxer, Ryu, Chun
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 805
    I don't beleave it til I get a link saying it's coming out
    I was pretty much doubting as much as everyone else was until I got this link to this page http://www.tu4ar.com/ remember Take You 4 A Ride:lovin:
  • BrooklynBrooklyn breathe water. Joined: Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was pretty much doubting as much as everyone else was until I got this link to this page http://www.tu4ar.com/ remember Take You 4 A Ride:lovin:
    gets released exam week.... dammit!!!
    llgittens
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    psn/steam: urcreditscore xbox: urcr3ditscor3
    Never played this, so kinda excited about it :bgrin:
  • Nagata Lock IINagata Lock II Godfather Of The GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,967
    gets released exam week.... dammit!!!
    I'm pretty sure that countdown is in reference to the announcement of the game rather than the actual release. I can't imagine they'd just throw this game at everyone without hyping it up first or showing videos of any changes.
    Canadian eSports Events Co-Ordinator.
    Canadian Gaming Community Discord: https://discord.gg/Q82vTdk
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NagataLockII
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/nagatalockii
    Words to live by: DON'T FALL FOR HIS GIMMICKS!
  • JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Inside sources say july. Remember where you heard it first when that shit pops off on monday!
  • luckyboyceoluckyboyceo Joined: Posts: 164

Anyways, if this actually does come out, I really hope it comes with something like SFIV's trials... I've been trying to get understand/good at this game on multiple occasions since 2004, and never succeeded, I'm just plain bad at this game. :sweat:

Would be awesome, but I'm not expecting anything more really than just a DC port. Anything extra I'll just consider a bonus, but I'd definitely be all for something like this.

Super excited though. Haven't played Marvel 2 since the arcade days so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    yet another game I love but suck at. Awesome.
    shut up TGS
    I owned at this game, and it will totally mess with my SF4 combos. I used to be able to pull off straight murda with Guile in the air...oh well, here's to the "Ragequitters" thread soon to be created for the game
  • The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876
    they took the release info out lol.
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
    i personally believe they will either dreamcast or ps2 port to ps3 with online, or will do an HD remix thing on us and fix some things... but fixing may be to hard for them. i just hope all the things i know from the arcade will stay, like the character select music (seeing as i see that screen and game, it needs to stay the same lol)
    Can they release PS2 games on the PSN store? If not, then this is a good thing.
  • VirtuaFighterFourVirtuaFighterFour VirtuaFighter.com Joined: Posts: 1,572
    Can they release PS2 games on the PSN store? If not, then this is a good thing.
    Yes they can and have, and some X-Box vanilla games have been on the 360 XBL market.

But the game will be based on the Japanese DC version just like ST:HDR was. Use your heads people. Logic.

The DC version is the closest to the arcade version and has online. That's why ST:HDR used the DC version and that's why MvC2 will be based on the Japanese DC version.

Why would Capcom port the abomination that is the PS2 version to the PS3 and then have to separately port the vanilla-box version to the 360? They wouldn't. Japanese DC for the win.
    VF5:FS - Akira, Jean, Wolf, Taka
    VF4/EVO/FT - Wolf, Akira, Goh, Kage, Jacky
    ST - Dictator, Hawk, Boxer, Honda, O.Hawk, Sagat, Ken, O.Boxer, Claw
    3S - Q, Gouki, Ryu III
  • Doc HoladayDoc Holaday Respected Joined: Posts: 176
    It's not how many people you shoot...It's who you shoot...
  • -= SnapOut =--= SnapOut =- Joined: Posts: 504

i'm having a hard time beleiving that this link has anything to do with mvc2. only a few hours left and we will know for sure what that countdown means.
    Go Easy On Me
  • stretchstretch Joined: Posts: 30
    i'm having a hard time beleiving that this link has anything to do with mvc2. only a few hours left and we will know for sure what that countdown means.
    Same here. Although, I'm not a fan of MvC but I know my friend will drag my ass into it.

Anyways, I have this feeling it'll be like Sony breaking news with the PS2 pricecut lol.
  • corpcorp Joined: Posts: 17
    hey neat. marvel vs capcom 2 was announced for this summer. kewl.
  • MegamannyMegamanny Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Ha, website crashed? Nothings loading. Probably to many people trying to connect.
  • -= SnapOut =--= SnapOut =- Joined: Posts: 504
    i watched it count down to zero too, nothing happened. however the srk homepage had a cool teaser video, when does it release?
    Go Easy On Me
    i watched it count down to zero too, nothing happened. however the srk homepage had a cool teaser video, when does it release?
    This summer.