Warriors Fate: Street Fighter story thread, revived

1357358359360361363»

Comments

• DRWDRW Joined: Posts: 438
    Daemos wrote: »
    1- Alpha 3 and SF2 are basically retellings of the same basic story. Yes, SFA3 = SF2.
    But please note that this only counts for the new canon, i.e. everything from SF4 onwards.

In the old days, SFA3 was never intended to be a retelling or a replacement of SF2. They were always two separate chapters:

SFA3: Charlie dies.
    SF2: Guile seeks revenge for Charlie's death.

SFA3: Cammy gets out of her brainwashing.
    SF2: Cammy tries to find answers about her past.

Sure, the storyline was a bit redundant with Bison dying in a huge explosion and then he simply gets resurrected and hosts a fighting tournament only to be killed by Akuma. Which is probably why they merged the storylines when SF4 came around.
    But pre-SF4, the two games were separate chapters. SFA3 was not a remake/reimagining of SF2.

The aftermath of SFA3 and SF2 in the new canon can be seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51U8uQFrQo
    It's a mix of both games now: The fighters are in their SF2 clothes with Cammy already working for the good guys etc. But the scene itself is based on the SFA3 ending scenes where the base blows up.

And while SFA3 was never supposed to be a tournament in the old canon, the tournament aspect of SF2 is preserved and referenced various times in SF4.

In the old canon, bits and pieces of many SFA3 endings happened, like Ryu talking with Sagat and Ken before walking into the sunset etc. But the canon ending was Guile's. Because that's the only SFA3 ending that shows Charlie getting killed and therefore, it was the official way the story of SFA3 ended before they retconned everything for SF4. Of course, this is not true anymore since Charlie's new canon death scene is the one from SFA2 now.
    I<iShiDo wrote: »

I like how they say:
    "Plus, who doesn’t want to see Guile and Nash finally together in a Street Fighter game?!"

"Finally"? This already happened in SFA3. Don't they remember anymore?
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,973
    DRW wrote: »
    "Finally"? This already happened in SFA3. Don't they remember anymore?

They suffer from the same form of amnesia that wreck havoc in Cammy's and Abel's lives.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    Seems to be an issue with game developers.

The guys at Nintendo treated Mario riding a cloud in "Super Mario Maker" as a feature that they wanted in "Super Mario Bros. 1", but couldn't do back then, and now it's finally possible, after 30 years. But they totally forgot that this rejected feature of SMB1 was already implemented in "Super Mario World". So, it's not "finally" possible in SMM. It's just one of the many things that they included in SMM that they took from SMW, just like there are countless features in this game that was taken from the old games.
  • NPham2005NPham2005 Joined: Posts: 76
    Sagatryu wrote: »
    I pretty sure Sagat isnt with Shadaloo in SF2 or SF4. His win quote to Bison basically states this.

Win quote to Bison

Make no mistake this man works for himself and himself only.

SF4 video Subtitles

C.Viper: Shadaloo destruction.. Indeed, this place is a monument to it, isnt it?

Villager: Well what they used to do here were evil things. Everyone in the village knew that. But the fact was without Shadaloo, this village wouldnt survive is also a reality. Im the last one. After that this village will come to an end.

C.Viper: Sir Do you really think that. With what happen, Shadaloo is really over?

Shortly after the events of SF2

Vega (Bison): Doaah!

Ryu: Ken!

Guile: Vega!

Vega (Bison): Darrghh!

Chun-li: Huh

Vega: (Bison): Hah

Chun-Li: Its over

Guile: Surrender! Shadaloo is destroyed! If you surrender I assure you a fair judgment.

Vega: (Bison): Dont be presumptuous! Ill never allow that you touch me. I wont allow that people like you. TOUCH A SINGLE FINGER ON ME!

C.Viper: Naturally after the suicidal explosion, the base was exhaustively investigated. And the investigation report, as was notice to the whole world, is that Vega and the other bosses shared the bases fate and, so Shadaloos case was closed. Without having a single evidence of what happened. Thats right no proof was ever found. Theres no proof that those scum were really destroyed.

Bison (Balrog): A notice You told me you have a notice for me? All that I need is a little bit of alcohol. Yes just a bottle of it! Only this can me live! It doesnt matter if its only one bottle.

Shadaloo agent: But this notice.. That might transform one bottle in one hundred, one thousand of them.

Balrog (Vega): Really? So I have to use this mask once more? This mask lies to hide the beauty. Besides, this story about substitute bodies is completely beyond my understanding. Where could exist a body capable to replace this one?

Sagat: Leave! I dont care about people who grasp power at any cost, to the point to even switch bodies. Or are you telling me that you understand this twinge, this intense pain in my chest?!

Vega (Bison) It doesnt matter! At this time, it doesnt matter if its an unfinished body. This one is temporary, that will enough until we capture that man, that body.

That video makes it seem like Guile is the main character in SFII's story.
    edited July 2016
    Here is a chronology of the main changes resulting from Street Fighter's new canon.

Street Fighter Chronology of Main Canon Changes (as of 7/6/16)

1. Charlie Nash gets shot and killed by a helicopter.

2. After Cammy becomes self-aware due to Shadaloo's imperfect control over her mind, Vega fights her. Then, her unconscious body is discovered by Delta Red (the logical explanation would be that after Vega attacked her, they had a fight, she fought him off but was injured, and then she somehow makes it to Delta Red's base where she collapses).

3. Rose meets Bison and defeats him, killing his original body.

4. Several participants remain in the SF II tournament: Guile, Chun-Li, Cammy, Ken, and Ryu. But with the knowledge of Shadaloo's involvement in the tournament, all five remaining participants, along with the military, launch a surprise attack against Vega, Balrog, Bison, and Shadaloo's soldiers. This surprise attack interrupts the tournament. During the chaos, Bison dies in a suicidal explosion which also destroys Shadaloo's secret base. Since the tournament never had a chance to conclude, there is no winner.

Post edited by NPham2005 on
    edited August 2016
    Here is the Street Fighter canon power tier list with the new characters in SF5 added, and to reflect what is known of the SF5 cinematic story mode. The characters within each tier from tiers 3 to 9 are in no particular order of strength. However, the characters in tier 1 are listed in order, from strongest to weakest. The characters in tier 2 are also listed in order, from strongest to weakest.

Tier 1
    1. Oro
    2. Akuma

Tier 2
    1. Dhalsim
    2. Gouken
    3. Gen
    4. Ryu
    5. Gill
    6. Urien
    7. SF4/5 Bison
    8. SFA2/3 Bison
    9. SF2 Bison
    10. Rose
    11. Necalli

Tier 3
    1. Ken
    2. Nash
    3. Guy
    4. Seth
    5. Sagat

Tier 4
    1. Guile
    2. Chun-Li
    3. Hugo
    4. Vega
    5. Twelve
    6. Maki
    7. FANG
    8. C. Viper
    9. Sodom
    10. Rolento
    11. Cody
    12. Sakura
    13. Juri
    14. Q
    15. Karin
    16. Alex
    17. Rashid
    18. Zangief

Tier 5
    1. Adon
    2. Abel
    3. Balrog
    4. Cammy
    5. T. Hawk
    6. Eagle
    7. Dudley
    8. Mika

Tier 6
    1. The dolls
    2. Necro
    3. Lee
    4. Mike
    5. Geki
    6. Retsu
    7. Joe
    8. Hakan
    9. Laura
    10. Birdie

Tier 7
    1. Blanka
    2. Fei-Long
    3. E. Honda
    4. El Fuerte
    5. Dee Jay
    6. Ibuki
    7. Makoto
    8. Yun
    9. Yang

Tier 8
    1. Elena
    2. Remy
    3. Poison

Tier 9
    1. Dan
    2.Rufus

Tier 10
    1. Sean
    Post edited by NPham2005 on
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    @NPham2005 I can't believe you slithered your way to this sacred place just to repost this incredibly disputable crap of yours.

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    Still at it lil' nigga? What are you, 12?
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    edited July 2016
    :s
    9fec9948a3d6abe2ab6bb131f601eb5d96ec42bcbb31c160672dbfa89bd2d5e6.jpg
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    GameMaster wrote: »
    :s 9fec9948a3d6abe2ab6bb131f601eb5d96ec42bcbb31c160672dbfa89bd2d5e6.jpg

Nothing much in this thread, but about 200+ pages worth of stuff in this thread. :tongue:
    edited July 2016
    ...Damn. To be honest, I wasn't planning on coming back because A) my laptop is too old to play SF V, thus leaving me out of the loop, B ) Y'all are still better than me at this and C) I still don't like SRK.

But, my SF IV story vids have been taking off recently, so I thought I'd drop in.

Mains:

The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    ...Damn. To be honest, I wasn't planning on coming back because A) my laptop is too old to play SF V, thus leaving me out of the loop, B) Y'all are still better than me at this and C) I still don't like SRK.

But, my SF IV story vids have been taking off recently, so I thought I'd drop in.

That's too bad, because SRK likes you! Hopefully in the future, you'll have it in you to maybe make another video series about SF5's plot to match your SF4 one. :smiley:
    ...Damn. To be honest, I wasn't planning on coming back because A) my laptop is too old to play SF V, thus leaving me out of the loop, B) Y'all are still better than me at this and C) I still don't like SRK.

That's too bad, because SRK likes you! Hopefully in the future, you'll have it in you to maybe make another video series about SF5's plot to match your SF4 one. :smiley:

SRK likes me? Since when?

Mains:

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.

SRK likes me? Since when?

Since you made those canonically correct videos I presume. I've seen them being linked to but many users here.
    Huh. Guess I missed more than I thought.

Mains:

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,874
    Hear hear.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate it.

Mains:

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    edited July 2016
    I'm the one who constantly links those videos whenever somebody is confused about the story of SF4.
    Hopefully in the future, you'll have it in you to maybe make another video series about SF5's plot to match your SF4 one. :smiley:

What? Why should he do that, or rather: How should he do that? The SF5 story mode is already a coherent story by itself. Just watch any random video by someone who played it from start to end and you have your plot. Unlike SF4, SF5 doesn't require any pasting together. It's already a full movie as it is.

O.k., the drawn cutscenes could be pasted together, but even they are pretty coherent. Either the chronology is clear or it is unimportant. If an event concerns two fighters equally, it is shown in both characters' cutscenes.
    The SF5 cutscenes aren't a puzzle like SF4, so you can watch them right after another and you understand the plot. Unlike SF4 where one scene might start in one character's ending and continue in another character's ending and without a connected video, you only see bits and pieces of the plot, but never the whole thing.

What I'd like to see, though: A video (or maybe a bunch of screenshots) that puts together the ending sequences (including the texts, not just the images) of SF2 as one coherent storyline.
    I'd be curious if somebody manages to put all 15 ending sequences (everyone from "Super SF2" minus M. Bison of course since his ending is definitely not canon) into one consistent, non-contradicting row of events.
    Alternate version: Only the 12 regular fighters, without Balrog, Vega and Sagat.
    Alternate version: Only the eight original fighters, without T. Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay and Cammy.
    I'm the one who constantly links those videos whenever somebody is confused about the story of SF4.

Thank you!
    What? Why should he do that, or rather: How should he do that? The SF5 story mode is already a coherent story by itself. Just watch any random video by someone who played it from start to end and you have your plot. Unlike SF4, SF5 doesn't require any pasting together. It's already a full movie as it is.

Yes, and it's about damn time.
    What I'd like to see, though: A video (or maybe a bunch of screenshots) that puts together the ending sequences (including the texts, not just the images) of SF2 as one coherent storyline.
    I'd be curious if somebody manages to put all 15 ending sequences (everyone from "Super SF2" minus M. Bison of course since his ending is definitely not canon) into one consistent, non-contradicting row of events.
    Alternate version: Only the 12 regular fighters, without Balrog, Vega and Sagat.
    Alternate version: Only the eight original fighters, without T. Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay and Cammy.

Hmm. I would need footage of HD Remix to do that, and I don't have a PS3 anymore, nor do I have recording software. For SF IV, I used files from my PC versions.

Mains:

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    Hmm. I would need footage of HD Remix to do that, and I don't have a PS3 anymore, nor do I have recording software.

No, no. Not "HD Remix". "HD Remix" is not and never was canon. It was a collaboration between Capcom and UDON and I'm pretty sure UDON did the story.

I'm talking about the regular games:
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/streetryu.htm
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sf2ce.htm
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/b/ssf2tryu.htm

(They can be played with MAME.)

The challenge here is not so much the video itself, it's the fact that the SF2 endings were not created in a way that each ending is another scene in an on-going storyline. It's more the classical way where each ending is the player's fighter winning the tournament.
    So, trying to harmonize it is something that would be done after the fact. Maybe it would require filling in the blanks with some made-up storyline.

The important thing is that you don't omit the on-screen texts.
    I mean, everybody can take a screenshot of Honda defeating another sumo fighter and include some random text. But the challenge is to include the texts that are shown. And that's the problem: Honda talks as if he has won the Street Fighter tournament. So, you would have to make up a scenario where he hasn't defeated M. Bison, but where the words that he speaks still make sense.

Also: You cannot just declare that each fighter fought a replacement body of M. Bison. :)
    And you cannot declare that the final battle was a 12 vs. 1 fight, so that each fighter is the winner.

Likewise, you cannot create a scenario like in that Aftermath trailer where five fighters fought Bison at once in a forest. The final battle must have happened like in gameplay, i.e. one fighter against Bison.
    Whatever happens between Bison and the other fighters after the battle is your choice, though, as long as it's still in line with the endings somehow.

But: It has to be a scenario where Bison's ending would have happened if he had won the tournament.
    I.e. the way UDON presented it in their comics where Akuma fought Bison while the others destroyed his Psycho Drive doesn't work here:
    If you invent a story where some fighters enter Bison's base and arrest his henchmen while Bison is occupied fighting the finalist, then the outcome of the final battle wouldn't matter: Shadoloo would be destroyed anyway.
    So, the scenario needs to be created in a way that a victory by Bison would have made his ending come to pass, but where it didn't happen because he lost.

So, this is more a challenge of creativity: In how far can all of these ending scenes connected as one storyline?
    You can freely choose the order of the endings. And if a scene has a cut, you can include other scenes in between. (For example, there's a cut between the empty podium and Ryu walking into the sunset. So, you can include someone else's ending here.)

If we completely ignore Akuma and the idea that he killed Bison before the final battle (because this fucks up everything since many of these endings cannot happen anymore), in how far can these endings be connected to one consistent storyline? Does it work with all 15 fighters? Or maybe the non-Shadoloo fighters? Or maybe only the original eight? Is it even possible at all?

This doesn't need to be made as a video, at least not for the first try. Just a written text that says which part of which ending happens when and what additional storylines would have to be included to connect them. Just to see if this can be done at all.
    Sooo, do you think you could pull this off? Merging the SF2 endings into one coherent storyline without removing anything?
    I don't think so. Again, I don't have recording software, and if I did, that would require a LOT of guesswork, blank-filling and speculation, even for me. SF II wasn't made with narrative cohesiveness in mind.

The Alpha games, however, I could see myself tying together to make some sense.

Mains:

Currently looking for:
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    edited July 2016
    "Alpha 2" is pretty easy. Since every fighter has his own rival, you could just play all of the endings one after another. They usually don't interfere much with each other.

"Alpha 3" is a bit more difficult, but still doable.

The original "Street Fighter II" (minus the four Shadoloo fighters), including my own rules of using all endings exactly as they are, could be done if it wasn't for that damn picture of Dhalsim standing on the winners' podium.

Tell me what you think about it:

(We assume that all 12 fighters are present in Thailand to watch the final battle.)

The final battle:

Ryu is the finalist after having defeated Sagat. He defeats Bison.

At the battle scene after the fight:

Ryu's ending, part 1: The award ceremony happens while Ryu is already gone.

Bison leaves the podium and is confronted by Guile and Chun Li.
    Bison sends Balrog and Vega after them. These two are stopped by Honda and Zangief. Honda defeats Balrog and Zangief defeats Vega.
    Guile attacks Bison.

Guile's ending, part 1: Guile grabs Bison. His wife and daughter appear, preventing Guile from killing Bison.

Chun Li arrests Bison, Balrog and Vega.

Zangief's ending: Gorbachev appears and congratulates Zangief (in this context, for helping to bring Shadoloo down by defeating Vega). They do the dance.

Blanka's ending: Blanka's mother appears.
    Ken's ending, part 1: Ken's girlfriend appears.
    (These two endings could also happen before the award ceremony.)

In the evening:

Dhalsim's ending, part 1: Dhalsim rides home.

Ryu's ending, part 2: Ryu walks into the sunset.

Aftermath (the order of these endings might vary):

Ken's ending, part 2: Ken marries his girlfriend.

Chun Li's ending: Chun Li tells her dead father that she has destroyed Bison and can get back to being a normal girl.

Guile's ending, part 2: Guile lives with his family.

Honda's ending: Honda tells his students about discipline and about him winning (in this case against Balrog).

Three years later:

Dhaslim has a picture of him on the winners' podium with Bison and Sagat on place 2 and 3.
    --> That's actually a bit problematic.
    edited July 2016
    Double post.
    Sooo, did you find any flaws in my outline?
  • RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AH ok I found out from PXZ2 that Vega stole Ingrid's Hair Pin/Brooch(?), you know one of those things she wears on her hair. He is using it as one of the few items to power up his Psycho Drive. #notsayingit'scanon #atleastit'ssomething #whothehelldoesthestreetfighterwikia Why is that 16 levels of hell and all that made up nonsense still under SGS section.

Also I realised a lot of people don't realise that SnHnMRyu and Oni are *not* the berserk warriors that SnH practitioners are warned about becoming if they use SGS and fail to control themselves. SnHNMRyu and Oni are actually self-aware and aren't indiscriminately attacking people in any berserk fashion whatsoever. This can be seen in SnHnMRyu's (Damnit I don't like typing 'Evil' Ryu) quotes anywhere. Same for Oni and his quotes. Actually you know maybe I'm just being sensitive after re-chancing upon the Wikia and the descriptions there. Bah.
    K-Groove - "Under End" Team Todo, Haoh, Gief
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented
    I strongly recommend reading and posting in the SFV story thread. Capcom has been divulging some neat info and we have a translator who can explain the Japanese materials.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,973
    Thought I should probably make those aware of a new sort of plot guide in the works I'm compiling. I still need a lot of help on some sections but it's coming together daily. The links in my sig.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    For those of you who have been saying "I thought Street Fighter 3 was the last SF (for Street Fighter) game for Capcom!", allow me to clear up the confusion. SF has an "original era" and a "revival era". The original era began in 1987, when SF1 became available to the public. This era ended when Capcom stopped producing SF3:3S arcade cabinets in 1999/2000. During that time, Capcom decided not to make anymore SF games, and it would not change its decision until around 2004 or 2006, when convinced by Yoshinori Ono. The revival era (2008-present) began with the release of SF4. You can choose to acknowledge or ignore the "revival era" SF games.

So anyway,

"Original Era" SF:
    1. SF1
    2. SF2 series
    3. SFA series
    4. SF3 series

"Revival Era" SF (as of 8/16/2016):
    1. SF4 series
    2. SF5

Just telling the public what they need to know.
    what

I mean, it is true that Capcom was in a different state during the "Original Era". But the games are one series, SF4/SFV are canon with the older games.
    what

I mean, it is true that Capcom was in a different state during the "Original Era". But the games are one series, SF4/SFV are canon with the older games.

Well, there have been Looney Tunes cartoons produced from 1987 to the present day. LT (for Looney Tunes) cartoons were originally produced from 1930 to 1969. In 1969, the final 1930-1969 era LT cartoon finished it's theatrical run, and Warner Bros. had no intention of making anymore LT theatrical shorts until 1987. Many recent animation books don't acknowledge the 1987-present era LT cartoons but consider the LT era as being only from 1930-1969. Though I believe there are some animation books that acknowledge the 1987-present era LT cartoons.

SF is similar to LT. The "original era" SF games are like the "1930-1969 era" LT cartoons and the "revival era" SF games are similar to the "1987-present" LT cartoons. Some people acknowledge the "revival era" SF games, some people ignore them. It's up to you whether you want to acknowledge the "revival era" SF games or not.
    I don't think SF3 was intended to conclude the series. Capcom halted their entire fighting game division because the cabinets were making less money during the decay of arcade culture. Had the genre remained profitable, I have no doubt SF4 would have come out years earlier. I'm not knowledgeable about animation, so I can't speak on Looney Tunes.

SF4 had multiple reasons to "revert" the series to before SF3. Capcom wanted the World Warriors to be relevant and call back to SF2, so the game was set closer to SF2 than SF3. SF3 was also poorly received because it traded off so many fan favorites for new characters. The new characters aren't bad, as Ibuki/Dudley/Alex/Makoto are still pretty popular, but how SF3 handled its roster rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,911
    edited September 2016
    I don't think SF3 was intended to conclude the series. Capcom halted their entire fighting game division because the cabinets were making less money during the decay of arcade culture. Had the genre remained profitable, I have no doubt SF4 would have come out years earlier. I'm not knowledgeable about animation, so I can't speak on Looney Tunes.

SF4 had multiple reasons to "revert" the series to before SF3. Capcom wanted the World Warriors to be relevant and call back to SF2, so the game was set closer to SF2 than SF3. SF3 was also poorly received because it traded off so many fan favorites for new characters. The new characters aren't bad, as Ibuki/Dudley/Alex/Makoto are still pretty popular, but how SF3 handled its roster rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Agree, In fact it wasn't even just the street fighter franchise that has been reverted to it's well known popular/pop culture state but the many famed franchise that jump in the bandwagon trends of futuristic and aftermath state in the mid-late 90's era. While some did prequels than so far away future, That is the time many fans are expecting something else "beyond" after a given state of conclusion to a previous popular climatic event like people having children, marriage, new adventures, apprentices, retirement, new conflicts and everything entirely different from what made the previous to loved and enjoyed.

It has done good for a moment of time till the early 2ks but the latter the farther it gets the more it alienates, the returning fans and their subscribers to dislike because of losing it's original identity and formula of what makes them interested with it. That even the new trends and hype of the mid 2ks only make it totally damage and loss everything that makes it masterpiece and independent from the past trends.. This make the many recurring franchise stale and frozen because it cannot cope up and fit the later trends because it became entirely different. so the time in 2005 on wards many had chosen to be restarted and rebooted like the many remade from movies, comic books, novel video games and the many fictional media to bring what made it to be a masterpiece.

Lately some had been adopting political influences and controversial issues to ride with the trends like the new era of comic books that is so broken and cause to damage continuously the characters identity and reputations to promote other characters. Which I dislike those practiced. IMHO I'm thankful for SF not being like those in the new soft retcon.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    The thing is, I do want the series to move past SF3. I want to see Ryu reach his peak, and the other characters to complete what they started over 25 years ago. I want to see their effects on the world, and the new generation they inspire.
  • True TatsuTrue Tatsu Senpuu or Seppuku Joined: Posts: 1,657
    If and when they move past SF3, I would like to see (at least 6 of) the world warriors from SF2 to return as secret challengers were we find out what they have been doing. In the case of Ryu, defeating Oro (or Sakura) under special conditions brings out his seasoned apprentice mixing senju arts with anetsuken to over whelming effects. Defeating Sean under special conditions has Ken test your character's fist against his now tempered flames.

RE: using dead or maybe past prime characters...
    If they want to use some older characters, they could have someone recall a past fight with them. Want Goutetsu in the game? Have Gouken or Akuma recall a fight with him to another character during story mode. Maybe Sakura spends a summer under Gouken or Elena speaks with Akuma under the best of conditions.

RE: new generation of inspired warriors.
    While not everyone would take on an apprentice, I could understand a few successors.
    -new sonic soldier (with alternative military branch)
    -a "strong" student of Chunli, Dan, E.Honda, Feilong...
    -Mel masters...
    :sad: tier bending :bluu: the saltiest of techniques :shake:
  • DonkusDonkus Time Marches On Joined: Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I don't think SF3 was intended to conclude the series.

I think it was. Capcom wanted to take SF in a new direction but the fans wouldn't have it without Ryu and Ken so they were added, even though they had no purpose originally. Consider the facts.

1. Ryu wasn't even intended to appear and his legacy is of no consequence to the central story of SF3. Items previously central to Ryu (Satsui no Hado problem, rivalry with Sagat) are never even mentioned
    2. Shadowloo gets only a passing mention by Urien as a defunct organization
    3. The final boss, Gill, isn't even evil
    4. Gill's ending brings a conclusion to Street Fighter
    5. 3rd Strike endings provides a convincing denouement for everyone, with no contradictions outside of Urien's ending (which would make Gill's ending impossible)

You can put me into the "Original vs Revival" camp because SF4 makes a mockery out of all this for the sake of more $$$. The main impetus can be money, same as for almost any work. But SF - SF3 is completely different from postmillennial Street Fighter which is nothing more than fanservice with horrible character designs, a nonsensical story, and pointless cruft like official swimsuit mods.

Good stories have an end, and the mainline continuity of Street Fighter ended in 1999 when 3rd Strike was released.

GOD BLESS THE RING
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,015 mod
    edited October 2016
    Most video games franchises will never have a definitive ending because you always have to leave room for a sequel. Which sometimes becomes frustrating with things like Darkstalkers which left loose ends that probably won't ever be resolved.

In Street Fighter's case there's still Gill's prophecy which has never been resolved, and it even comes up again in SFV's story.

With SFV closing all of the doors that SFIV opened up again (the Dolls, Shadowloo, Satsui No Hadou Ryu, Dictator) I really can't see them not directly dealing with the prophecy the next time around.

...There is still a chance for them to be funny and resolve the prophecy in between SF3 Second Impact Giant Attack and SF3 Third Strike giving us yet another interquel, but I'm going to reluctantly doubt that's what is going to happen.
  • The IlluminatiThe Illuminati Joined: Posts: 656
    edited December 2016
    So, apparently the Shungokusatsu has been revealed in the new trailer.

They show what happens when he's doing the attack. No, demons no hell from what it seems.
    edited May 27
    I've got a question and maybe you have some suggestions:

In Dhalsim's ending in "Street Fighter II", we see a photo of him on the winners' podium, with Bison on place 2 and Sagat on place 3:

5b9on9.png

Pre-"Super Turbo" games had two generic fighters standing next to him, but a drawn artwork from 1991 confirms that this was always supposed to be Bison and Sagat.

Alright, so the ending is shown from the perspective of "if Dhalsim had won the tournament". Fair enough.

But here's what I find strange:

In "X-Men vs. Street Fighter", we have the same image in the background:

3460t2u.gif

It's not in full view, but the lines indicate that this is most likely supposed to be a podium and therefore a callback to Dhalsim's SF2 ending.

Now, I know that XMvsSF is not canon, but that doesn't matter:
    The game never happened within the regular canon. But in the alternate universe where XMvsSF happened, the SF2 tournament probably happened as well, hence the podium.

Now, I doubt that Dhalsim is supposed to be the canon winner of SF2 inside the XMvsSF universe. And I doubt that he has a picture of someone else on the podium.

So, my question is: What happened after the SF2 tournament, so that Dhalsim got a picture of him standing on top of the podium with Bison and Sagat on place 2 and 3? How did this picture came to be in a situation where Dhalsim didn't win the tournament?
    It's just that; a callback.
    Yeah, but a callback to a situation that can usually only happen in a certain situation: If Dhalsim wins the tournament.
    So, if he has that picture in that scene, it means of two things:

1. In the "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" universe, Dhalsim was the winner of "Street Fighter II". (Unlikely.)

2. For some reason, Dhalsim getting this picture happened regardless. Even in the canon outcome where he didn't win the tournament, the situation somehow ended up in a way so that he got a picture of himself standing on the winners' podium together with Bison and Sagat.

And I'm curious if anybody can come up with an explanation how possibility 2 might have happened.
    If you created a "Street Fighter II" anime and you were supposed to include that Dhalsim artwork with the photo, how would you do it?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,911

The picture doesn't show anyone in the podium, it could have been Magneto and with someone else character Sf or Xmen.

There might have been no SF2 events that take place in XvS since they were in Alpha representation in that game. It might have been Alpha-XvS and no Sf2.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, apparently the Shungokusatsu has been revealed in the new trailer.

They show what happens when he's doing the attack. No, demons no hell from what it seems.

You don't say.... :D :D :D
    K-Groove - "Under End" Team Todo, Haoh, Gief
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented