If you were to balance MvC2...

2»

Comments

• Donut223Donut223 Doh! Joined: Posts: 1,356
    Give Doom a faster dash...period!!

:confused: You alone already make him look fast.
    "LI Marvel - We're not horrible, we're just ok" -Syn
  • Deth-ScyanydeDeth-Scyanyde The Lost Messiah... Joined: Posts: 626
    :confused: You alone already make him look fast.

uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Doom-fucking-neto!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm on random accounts on XBL, good luck finding me...LOL!
    Team Hellscythe - Wesker, Dormammu, Doom
    Benchwarmers - Skrull, Nemesis, Firebrand, (Phoenix)
    Fuck Vergils, Spencers & Taskmasters...90% of Wesker players are trash.
  • KataklysmicKataklysmic More Tigers! Joined: Posts: 959
    Rocks do as much damage as Tronn proj when they connect. Also, they should protect Doom as effectively as they did in MSH. making them last twice as long would help too

Wouldn't that make Strider/Doom unbeatable then? I thought everyone wanted to make all the characters viable without having to rely on assists?
    " Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
    - Arturo Sanchez, aka Sabin
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    Wouldn't that make Strider/Doom unbeatable then? I thought everyone wanted to make all the characters viable without having to rely on assists?
    shhhh
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
  • Septimus PrimeSeptimus Prime Grammar Fhrer Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Add parry, remove absolute guard, add red parry.

WHAT!?
    Beef: It's what's for dinner.
    Beer: It's what's for right fucking now.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice... fuck you.
  • TigerboiTigerboi C.R.E.A.M. Joined: Posts: 2,109
    Don't forget removing air block.
    Marvel sucks.
  • Higher-JinHigher-Jin MvC2 Moderator Joined: Posts: 1,953
    There's no point in buffing the low tiers unless you are really going to buff them. I think something along these lines:

Zangief:
    - Make lariat invulnerable to all fireballs and lasers, even supers, for the duration.
    - Make jumping attacks higher priority so they don't get beat out by launchers
    - Increase damage on his running bear grab and SPD by 50%
    - Make glowing hand travel farther, faster, and put opponent in a hit stun where he can combo into final atomic buster.
    - Allow him to cancel his air throw at any time by pressing a kick button.
    - Make jump arc travel further

Jin:
    - Make drill hit high and cancel instantly from jump, make it so it has less hit stun/more start up to prevent infinite.
    - cut start up on c. lk down to 2-3 frames
    - increase hit stun on c. mp or change c. mk from useless to super link
    - make slide hit 3 times and safe on block with better block stun.
    - make all supers easier to combo, eliminate their recovery time, and increase the damage on them. (to compensate for his lack of an air super)
    - Make his command throw an actual throw, instead of a really bad blockable move. It should do good damage and give good meter.
    - Give him an air typhoon or some kind of air mobility
    - Invincibility frames on all his laggy mediums and heavy attacks. They are on fire, they should at least have priority.
    - Eliminate recovery from typhoon and reduce or eliminate recovery from dynamite
    Either we all live in a decent world, or nobody does. - George Orwell
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maybe a BURST type feature so that you can escape Infinites etc, costing like 2 or 3 bars of meter.
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    If you were to balance MvC2...
    I wouldn't. Waste of time and effort and defeats the point of the product.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,167
    I would make everyone as broken as the god four.
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,252
    Bumping an eight and a half year old thread that was shite to begin with.

Wow.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,096
    edited March 11
    Quirk & dirty re-balancing:

Simply delete Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Strider, Cyclops, T-Bone, Iron Man, Doom, and Blackheart from the cast.

Done.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,167

Simply delete Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Strider, Cyclops, T-Bone, Iron Man, Doom, and Blackheart from the cast.

Done.

Are you on the SFV balancing team?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,609
    I'd leave the game alone.
    The people who still give a fuck about the game and play it, like it that way.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    edited March 12

Done.
    Yea I hate fun games to.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ....The hell?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • 3417gekko3417gekko Scrub Joined: Posts: 78
    Marvel 2 is kinda in a perfect storm area where trying to fix anything would have a large chance to make the game more broken. Since some characters are only even partly viable at all due to being bugged to shit like Ken and Juggernaut, fixing some things and trying to balance others would be a nightmare.
    If there's one thing I'd like to see it's Dhalsim not being juggled after sweep, but that's due to core mechanics I'm sure and that would end up fucking up the whole game to fix one character.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,096
    Yea I hate fun games to.

What? He said balance it. lol. That's one way.
    Yea...by removing all the fun.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,360 admin

Done.
    OK, so Spiral is Omega tier, and War Machine, Dhalsim, and Ruby Heart are the new god tier?

All hail Duc, our new champion.

In the SRK Low Tier league, Tron-Y wasn't really that dominant nor dominating. She's good, but there's a lot of great options. Tron isn't fantastic if the other cat can block. In true low tier (also throwing out Dhalsim, War Machine, and Spiral), Ruby Heart, Omega Red, and Colossus seemed to emerge as the best of the rest. Juggy with glitch option is also really strong. And Cammy and Rogue can steal games at all levels.

Supposedly Justin had a master plan for "balancing" the game, mostly involving leveling up the low tier. Nobody is *that* far off from being playable - it's just that the movement options of the high tier and the trapping options of a bunch of characters really limit what you can actually get away with. Blackheart/Doom was unbeatable until people could wavedash and AHVB.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

2»