Blanka Video Thread

BaSiK_TeKniKBaSiK_TeKniK Joined: Posts: 1,365
okay Id like to see some vids around here of blanka. He seems quite interesting in IV Im considering picking him up this time :wonder:

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    mind explaining how to watch those videos, been clicking everywhere and nothings happening :(.

Also on the SF4 japanese site http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/ac1.html
    in the tournament part is about 4 videos with blanka , 2 vs ken, 2 vs akuma.
  • DarthTreyDarthTrey Sabaku Taiso!!! Joined: Posts: 924
    mind explaining how to watch those videos, been clicking everywhere and nothings happening :(.

Also on the SF4 japanese site http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/ac1.html
    in the tournament part is about 4 videos with blanka , 2 vs ken, 2 vs akuma.

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

paste the nico url into the textbox at the top of that page and it automatically takes you to the video.
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • HamidoOsHamidoOs Button Masher Joined: Posts: 53
    I wonder why these haven't been put here yet:

http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_01.wmv
    http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_02.wmv
    http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_03.wmv

I just saw them today. Great Blanka there.

And, how does he cancel Blanka ball into super? He does that in all three matches, like 4:02 in the third video.
    Redefine me.
  • The MullahThe Mullah lk kara throw repeat Joined: Posts: 2,666
    I wonder why these haven't been put here yet:

http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_01.wmv
    http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_02.wmv
    http://gamechariot.movie.coocan.jp/movie/081023_sf4_03.wmv

I just saw them today. Great Blanka there.

And, how does he cancel Blanka ball into super? He does that in all three matches, like 4:02 in the third video.

I posted 2 of those in here already, did you not see my post? i meant to post the 3rd one too but i duplicated one of the rufus matches instead, failed at copy and paste :-(. Anyway i've added the 3rd one correctly this time and named the vids. Thanks for helping out.
  • HamidoOsHamidoOs Button Masher Joined: Posts: 53
    I posted 2 of those in here already, did you not see my post?
    I can't watch nicovid videos on my comp, even with that re-director :( sry.
    Redefine me.
    I can't watch nicovid videos on my comp, even with that re-director :( sry.

no worries man, thanks to you i'm able to download them and put those 3 onto my archos! cheers
  • ViscantViscant Lookin cute, feelin cute Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Bumping this thread up for this:
    http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/

On top is 3 matches of my Blanka vs. Eric's Guile. Eric is pretty solid turtle Guile but still some pretty lousy play by me. During one of the rounds you'll be watching thinking "is Jay TRYING to lose?"
    Right beneath it is 2 matches of MOVAL's Blanka vs. Alex Valle's Ryu. Good match, very useful if you struggle vs. shotos. I definitely learned something from watching this at the time.

If they ever fall from the top of the multimedia list, just search for "video 94 west covina" in the search bar there and you'll find them. Hopefully they'll add some of the later round matches from this tournament.

--Jay Snyder
    Viscant@aol.com
  • HyugaHyuga The Asian Rock Joined: Posts: 212
    Good stuff Vis.
    nice, thx for the link. hop > up ex-ball seemed to work nicely!

Sorry Ultra David you got owned :P

Sorry Ultra David you got owned :P

Man, I've got to learn that hop into Ultra... that was sick.
    Very Helpfull video, now i just need a stick hehe!

He focus into combo + ball, ...SOOOO FAST !!

• 1der1der Boy in the Da Corner Joined: Posts: 457
    Very Helpfull video, now i just need a stick hehe!

He focus into combo + ball, ...SOOOO FAST !!

you don't need a stick to do that.

i'm not sure how to describe it. theres like a buffer window in the FA were you can dash cancel it before it ends and still have the attack to come out. practice with it in training mode to try and understand the timing, i use visual clues like watching where blanka's hand is.
    Review the situaion, take part, take over.
  • E CE C Joined: Posts: 950
    The trick is while the screen is momentarily paused with the oh-so-dramatic inky FA stun, tap f,f. It seems to work for everyone after a FA hits.

By the time the action gets going again and Blanka is hopping forward, you should already be holding db, which is enough charge time for the c.mk -> s.lp xx Ball to be possible.

If anything, that video is showing dash storing rather than charge storing.
    Yup i'll pratice, but i want a stick fast, i don't want to get used to much to the gamepad.
  • MAGUS1234MAGUS1234 walk forward Joined: Posts: 3,993
    thats so easy, the real shit is FA into ultra
    I came to Keystone II and all I got was DP'd.
    Bumping this thread up for this:
    http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/

On top is 3 matches of my Blanka vs. Eric's Guile. Eric is pretty solid turtle Guile but still some pretty lousy play by me. During one of the rounds you'll be watching thinking "is Jay TRYING to lose?"
    Right beneath it is 2 matches of MOVAL's Blanka vs. Alex Valle's Ryu. Good match, very useful if you struggle vs. shotos. I definitely learned something from watching this at the time.

If they ever fall from the top of the multimedia list, just search for "video 94 west covina" in the search bar there and you'll find them. Hopefully they'll add some of the later round matches from this tournament.

--Jay Snyder
    Viscant@aol.com

i've been reading up a lot lately on these forums(only recently actually made a name) and one thing that i've seen several times is blanka stalling the ultra ball when he hits the ground like what happened on the first match of the set. any advice on how to do that?

ty yunfak <3
    ^
    hold all 3 button then release

have anyone seen any Blanka VS Ryu japanese/tournament video around??
    Damn Moval you are simply too good with Blanka !
    vs. FUCK BALROG - image

lol dude, good stuff. love your videos, learned some new stuff.
    Thanks for the vids Moval, I'm learning a good bit from watching these.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DSP teaches sum Blanka basiks: image
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
    Man, I've got to learn that hop into Ultra... that was sick.

Um, the hop with Blanka that he's using can be set as one button. I had mine set to triangle at one time. He's already charging when he hops forward. The dude in that video btw was pretty terrible. He kept taking what I like to call 'stupid damage'.
  • shglbmxshglbmx Slippery When Wet Joined: Posts: 1,051
    Um, the hop with Blanka that he's using can be set as one button. I had mine set to triangle at one time. He's already charging when he hops forward. The dude in that video btw was pretty terrible. He kept taking what I like to call 'stupid damage'.

we run tournaments in the arcades. there is no "one button" hop, there. the fact that you would say that moval is a terrible player shows how little you know about blanka and tournament play in general, lol.

if you're from around socal, try playing against ron at AI. goodluck.
    "The true riches of life are hidden in the hearts and minds of men. - W. Clement Stone"

shiggle-bee-ehm-exx

does anyone have any info on how to do the hop to ultra? can't seem to figure out which direction to charge when trying this

any help would be appreciated
    does anyone have any info on how to do the hop to ultra? can't seem to figure out which direction to charge when trying this

any help would be appreciated

It's just like a super cancel, except with the hop.

Charge back > forward + KKK > back > forward + PPP

Although, it's not executed as fast as a super cancel. Go slow with the back/forwards. Try to land the last forwards of the motion right as Blanka lands from the hop.

I have also landed this same motion when hopping to the opposite side of an opponent! It seems to work best if you aren't hopping through them while right on top of them, but a couple of steps back. However, I have tried doing it on a c.MK xx Hop to give it some practicality and haven't succeeded yet. Can anyone confirm or not if this works?

Although, it's not executed as fast as a super cancel. Go slow with the back/forwards. Try to land the last forwards of the motion right as Blanka lands from the hop.

I have also landed this same motion when hopping to the opposite side of an opponent! It seems to work best if you aren't hopping through them while right on top of them, but a couple of steps back. However, I have tried doing it on a c.MK xx Hop to give it some practicality and haven't succeeded yet. Can anyone confirm or not if this works?

havent tried this yet but this definitely sounds interesting. i think it would work very well with a mix up game i've been working on. i will test it when i get an opportunity.
    "The true riches of life are hidden in the hearts and minds of men. - W. Clement Stone"

shiggle-bee-ehm-exx
  • Boy of JoyBoy of Joy you kindly give the palm to such a crock Joined: Posts: 457
    I've tried the low MK->crossover hop->ultra, and it works, but I can't get it 100%, gotta work on the timing.

I've also noticed that the timing on the last forward motion in the hop->ultra doesn't seem to matter, I've gotten the ultra to come out by just doing (charge)back>forward hop>back>forward, holding the last forward, but hitting PPP at the right moment.
  • MOVALMOVAL lfg wc pst! Joined: Posts: 311

wow that's pro!! how do i set hop to triangle?

on another note: i finally got my hands on a xbox. if anyones interested in getting games hit me up on epheezie. i'm more than willing to share some strats, char matchups (i have TONS of rog/sagat match exp) or anything that will help out your game.

<3
    Moval
    somuchdamage1 (10:18:27 AM): i talked to wife, she's letting me out
    I've tried the low MK->crossover hop->ultra, and it works, but I can't get it 100%, gotta work on the timing.

I've also noticed that the timing on the last forward motion in the hop->ultra doesn't seem to matter, I've gotten the ultra to come out by just doing (charge)back>forward hop>back>forward, holding the last forward, but hitting PPP at the right moment.

nice to see you on the forum finally. we played together in HDR and I see you every now and then on SF4. :D I'm "Plenaire".

shiggle-bee-ehm-exx

Thanks, i worked on it last night and got the timing down only when i land in front of someone, do i do the same motion if i pass through them? or do i have to switch what my input direction when i land on the other side of them?
    Yes, it's the same motion. Don't reverse.

I haven't tried it yet, but you may wanna try out that guy's advice above and hold forwards and just press the PPP at the right time. That may help land the cross-up hop to ultra more reliably.
  • Boy of JoyBoy of Joy you kindly give the palm to such a crock Joined: Posts: 457
    nice to see you on the forum finally. we played together in HDR and I see you every now and then on SF4. :D I'm "Plenaire".
    Cool, we gotta play sometime, unfortunately I'm online pretty randomly but if you see me online hit me up!
    Yes, it's the same motion. Don't reverse.

I haven't tried it yet, but you may wanna try out that guy's advice above and hold forwards and just press the PPP at the right time. That may help land the cross-up hop to ultra more reliably.

alright i'll try that. thanks
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    ??? VS Aoki

Dude on the left is the best Blanka I've seen in Japan or anywhere else. He steamrolls just about everyone he plays, buffers FP electricity off standing jabs like it's nothing, never misses any links.
    I've never seen so much electricity combo'd in my life. You'd think it was as easy as a fireball motion.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
    ??? VS Aoki

Dude on the left is the best Blanka I've seen in Japan or anywhere else. He steamrolls just about everyone he plays, buffers FP electricity off standing jabs like it's nothing, never misses any links.
    I've never seen so much electricity combo'd in my life. You'd think it was as easy as a fireball motion.

I don't get how he can get the hp electricity to come out after a lp every time. What exactly is the best piano motion to use when trying to get lp >> hp+elec to come out?

On the other hand, I found this on Youtube. The guy has some really nice combos once he gets going.

??? VS Aoki

This is some great stuff but I'd like to see vids of this guy playing against other chars, do you know of any?

Also, since I keep noticing lots of good Blanka players in vids doing standing jab xx HP elec, I have to ask, what is the advantage of that, if any, as opposed to cr. LK xx HP elec? Is it a range thing? Perhaps ease of execution? Crouching LK is a better move frame-wise on both hit and block than standing close LP, and it has to be blocked low obviously. Plus, since I am hitting both LP and LK to start it there is the option select of teching throws.
  • JablesJables In Training Joined: Posts: 240
    Oh man, definitely some great Blanka talent in the vids, I'm learning a lot just by watching. I guess I didn't realize just how versatile things like Hop and FADC were, gonna have to find a way to mix these up in my play a little more. The Blank Ball to Special and Hop to Ultra are pretty badass too and I'm loving all the different little punches to Electricity that people are using.

Thanks for posting the vids MOVAL, it's reassuring to see a great Blanka player mixing it up and holding his own with some pro competition.

Also, any timing tips on the Ball > Super? I tried it last night (granted it was on my crappy 360 controller) and I wasn't ever able to get the timing down. It's just Back > FP > Back > FP? It seems too good to be true but I'm having trouble landing it.
    Rockin Out Tasty Abs Washerboard Style with "Team Smiley Chins" - DeeJay/Dictator
    In Street Fighter Online, much like in real life, all that matters is how big your PP is
    This is some great stuff but I'd like to see vids of this guy playing against other chars, do you know of any?

Also, since I keep noticing lots of good Blanka players in vids doing standing jab xx HP elec, I have to ask, what is the advantage of that, if any, as opposed to cr. LK xx HP elec? Is it a range thing? Perhaps ease of execution? Crouching LK is a better move frame-wise on both hit and block than standing close LP, and it has to be blocked low obviously. Plus, since I am hitting both LP and LK to start it there is the option select of teching throws.

I think the LP they hit with the first one of a piano'd elec, so he uses it for ease of execution. That's why he's so fast with it... Also slightly better range for his follow up of jab > HP Elec afterwards he does so often.

This one is another amazing Blanka mirror match.

Way more shennanigans than just combos.

If you youtube "????:BL" though, you'll see a lot of hits, and a few matches against Vega (Dictator), though at whatever event these are from it doesn't look like many people weren't Blanka or Vega... /shrug

-Bob
    is blanka's middle punch ball the only one that can cross up? or is it just the easiest?
    its shizouka saiko, dunno how its spelt exactly.
  • scumbagscumbag Joined: Posts: 295
    this video is pretty entertaining......

aoki's blanka again.....

To Sepu7v3da-jin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwT4Rl2uGJY
    Love Scumbag
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/104

The Blanka later in this match is gdlk. He locked the opponent down with jab -> electricity and walked up and did it again (not that it's hard to get out of, just looks like it's fast).

So yeah hit up my question in the other Blanka thread I wanna know how to lock with this thing -_-.

There it is, at 17:24. He did jab into electricity, then walk up standing jab into electricity. Probably the only cool thing this fucking character can do other than combo his ultra off of a low forward. But yeah that's gdlk, how you do that

edit: I just looked at the whole match again, man that lockdown makes Blanka actually look fun.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
    I believe the best way to do quick walkup jab > HP elec would be to piano lp, mp, hp, lp, hp. I've been practicing it and am getting it down, not 100% yet though. You gotta be really fast obviously.

edit: haha at the end of that video there is complete Dhalsim buttrape occurring, just sick!
    your videos moval are awesome, you totally rock.
    btw, pardon my offtopic but i am curious. Which stick do you use, moval?
  • MOVALMOVAL lfg wc pst! Joined: Posts: 311
    thanks! im getting a madcats te stick when it's available again. but right now i'm using a dead or alive ex hori loaner from shglbmx.
    somuchdamage1 (10:18:27 AM): i talked to wife, she's letting me out
  • Aleri_XVAleri_XV Chin up, Eyes Straight Joined: Posts: 1,332
    like posted before

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/104

at 16:20, this is Satan Blanka

this is what blanka players should aspire to
    I Grow Weary of These Encounters
    -KTB- Aleri
    CFN ID: TXTH-Aleri