I give up.... *Edit: turns out I didn't give up*

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    not really...... i know what to do now... just chill and take it easy

I guess SRK is cheaper than a therapist. :confused:
  • vapulusvapulus MAXIMUM RISKY Joined: Posts: 456
    I dunno about you guys, but if I can't beat some of the best people in the world at something after about zero training time has passed in the grand scheme of things, I think it's garbage. This game is stupid. Every game is stupid.

I'm glad somebody finally had the courage to stand up against all those people who have trained and practiced so long that they make the game not fun for those of us who haven't dedicated a large portion of their lives to fighting games.

They should stop, right? Give us all a chance.
    *sniffle*

Also, why haven't I been drafted for any professional sports?
    I like a vanilla milkshake more than I like you. I'm serious.
  • blazeu25blazeu25 blaze it up Joined: Posts: 2,054
    lol i remember when i quited sfa2 bc i was getting my ass handed to so much. i cam back and look at me now lol
  • EsjihnEsjihn High Echelon Gaming Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Try hard but if you still cant get things right either move. or get a xb360/Gaming PC and play FPS all day
    P4U: Naoto, Yu, Aigis
    SFxT: Hwoarang, Lars Alexanderson
    UMarvel3: Capn Am, Akuma, Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Dr. Strange
    SFIV:AE2012: Ryu, Balrog +10 chars.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    you are pathetic
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    :sad:

1st of all, this isn't the place to say I quit. If you don't want people ribbing your posts, then don't post...period. You posted a thread on a public forum and that's what you get. Get over it.

I've wanted to quit and have been told to quit by many players in the games I play, but I had the guts to keep going and get better. You have to take the failure as inspiration to get better. You're not gonna be Alex Valle or John Choi overnight.

Grow a backbone and get back in the game. Lose until you don't lose anymore. Simple right?
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
  • troll_hammertroll_hammer Monster Hand FTW Joined: Posts: 172
    That's really EMO.... You should start playing KOF or play 3s as Remy.

Seriously, games are meant to be fun. Unless you plan on making money playing ST, don't take that shit too seriously.
    He knows you're special, like a black stripper with blue eyes.
  • tharimrattlertharimrattler Colossus Legend Joined: Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It was natural progression. Only the strong survive here.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    bye bye

or should I say bi bi ???
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • funkpandafunkpanda That Man Funkpanda Joined: Posts: 179
    Dude, I suck at ST, get my ass handed too me all the time. The more I lose, the more I want to keep playing.

Because I have no life and no friends, I can play for hours and hours on end losing. Then eventually, the person beating my ass gets bored and leaves.

At that point I claim victory because I can endure losing more than they can endure winning.

Think of your ST frustrations that way.
    TWG FunkPanda
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    i give up trying to compete in ST and other fighting games.... i give up trying to 'practice' for a tourney that i know im gonna lose.... im tried of trying to get good at a game when i know im gonna be beat.... im tired of everything..... im tried of playing ST hours on end trying to figure out match ups, to no avail... and lastly im sick and tired of waiting for ST:HD. fuck it im through!

Watch the episode of Futurama where Fry gets the robot devil's hands. Get that shit son. Get them hoes.

:wink::wink:

You'll start winning I promise you. Yo Psykik Drag-on Punchez will not to be messed with. People will start putting boxes over their hands.....while they playing ggpo:mad:, you smell me?! Do you Smickity-SMELL ME!? :looney::wgrin:

Start playing cheap, start playing fast, start playing effective, start being a whore.

Abuse Throws. As a matter of fact don't stop just keep throwing them.
    Do random anti-airz' while you are on the other side of the screen.
    poke at em' until time runs out.
    Turtle until yo shell gets tired of being on your back:confused:

Most importantly make the opponent do what you want him to do, and after you feel you have a general advantage. Pressure him with attacks.:woot:

Oh yeah. Time to write my book....
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • dieheartdieheart Voodoo Child Joined: Posts: 70
    Common man that didn't stop you from playing Super Mario did it? Best thing for you to do is to chill out. Go play another game your interested in and see how you do at it. Who knows maybe your focusing on this game so much that you could be ignoring your calling to another game ;)

Also chill out, practice, play and study the game, but above all else it should be fun. Micheal Jordan would stay up late shooting sometimes before he was ever good or was real famous man. And even when he became the shit, he had to step up his game even more to become a champ!

Dont give it, be like Ryu, and continue the warriors journey not for gratification from others, but just to test and prove things to yourself.... and then continue the journey.....
  • R | CR | C Hunter Rank 999 Joined: Posts: 1,495
    ... im tried of playing ST hours on end ...

Would've had more sympathy for you it it was months or years.

But quitting over hours on end? LOL.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,067
    I guess SRK is cheaper than a therapist. :confused:
    You get what you pay for. And seeing how he's not premo, he paid for flames.
    That's really EMO...
    *This post was written while listening to Panic! At The Disco*

The above should've been affixed to OP.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Dude, I suck at ST, get my ass handed too me all the time. The more I lose, the more I want to keep playing.

Because I have no life and no friends, I can play for hours and hours on end losing. Then eventually, the person beating my ass gets bored and leaves.

At that point I claim victory because I can endure losing more than they can endure winning.

Think of your ST frustrations that way.

+ rep for you :up:

Watch the episode of Futurama where Fry gets the robot devil's hands. Get that shit son. Get them hoes.

:wink::wink:

You'll start winning I promise you. Yo Psykik Drag-on Punchez will not to be messed with. People will start putting boxes over their hands.....while they playing ggpo:mad:, you smell me?! Do you Smickity-SMELL ME!? :looney::wgrin:

Start playing cheap, start playing fast, start playing effective, start being a whore.

Abuse Throws. As a matter of fact don't stop just keep throwing them.
    Do random anti-airz' while you are on the other side of the screen.
    poke at em' until time runs out.
    Turtle until yo shell gets tired of being on your back:confused:

Most importantly make the opponent do what you want him to do, and after you feel you have a general advantage. Pressure him with attacks.:woot:

Oh yeah. Time to write my book....

LOL this my new favorite post of all time lol
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • ev1LRyuev1LRyu 100% Stunned Joined: Posts: 133
    You're only a loser when you quit trying

</drPhil>
    insert kick-ass one-liner here
  • Shocky IIShocky II Churn that butter. Joined: Posts: 411
    Cape Cod's Jalapeno and Cheddar potato chips are the best.
  • arstalarstal Joined: Posts: 2,968
    All I can say is the dude has some potential, but likely is too mentality weak to realize it.

Part of getting better is the mental strength to not only not give up (you can not get up and do the same thing 100 times stupidly), but to be able to think your way through situations that get you in trouble.

Thinking is what separates a combo monkey from a good player.
    --- The folks who oppose progress in fighters are the Tea Partiers of the FGC.
  • OsgXOsgX Joined: Posts: 1,900
    Bah. If stuff like losses are getting you down, then you weren't destined to do that well anyways. You gotta persevere and shit, even if you lose constantly. Figure out just wtf is going on in your strats, and develop your own playstyle instead of trying to emulate everyone else. It's as much of a mind game as anything else.

I hope to advance from mid-scrub to lower level srub, so I'm playing ggpo and taking in knowledge as I play games. I'm using a keyboard :shake: until I get a pad or a joystick and taking my L's like a man. I expect to win at some point, but, until then I'm learning as much as I can.

Stop crying! :woot: If you don't find it fun, then quit and do something else, then come back to it. It's amazing how performance drops when morale is low, and the mind is burnt out on the game.
  • Kitsune707Kitsune707 Curious Fox Spirit Joined: Posts: 468
    All I can say is the dude has some potential, but likely is too mentality weak to realize it.

Part of getting better is the mental strength to not only not give up (you can not get up and do the same thing 100 times stupidly), but to be able to think your way through situations that get you in trouble.

Thinking is what separates a combo monkey from a good player.

You can get up 150 times doing the same thing until your realise that's not a good idea. Doesn't matter, you grab it eventually. There are geniuses... often they are lazy. And then there's the genius of hard work... that will always achieve greatness.
    Okay, and then there's the rare godly combo, but don't aspire to that ;-)
  • arstalarstal Joined: Posts: 2,968
    There are some players out there that play for years, and never even get the basics, like do not wakeup with DP every single time.
    --- The folks who oppose progress in fighters are the Tea Partiers of the FGC.
  • Kitsune707Kitsune707 Curious Fox Spirit Joined: Posts: 468
    Bah. If stuff like losses are getting you down, then you weren't destined to do that well anyways. You gotta persevere and shit, even if you lose constantly. Figure out just wtf is going on in your strats, and develop your own playstyle instead of trying to emulate everyone else. It's as much of a mind game as anything else.

I hope to advance from mid-scrub to lower level srub, so I'm playing ggpo and taking in knowledge as I play games. I'm using a keyboard :shake: until I get a pad or a joystick and taking my L's like a man. I expect to win at some point, but, until then I'm learning as much as I can.

Stop crying! :woot: If you don't find it fun, then quit and do something else, then come back to it. It's amazing how performance drops when morale is low, and the mind is burnt out on the game.

I am not sure if you have watched this:

FuriousKeys shames my meager stick playing skills.
    I am not sure if you have watched this:

FuriousKeys shames my meager stick playing skills.

:amazed:

That shit is crazy...
  • DasiaticDasiatic Empire ROC/Dipset Joined: Posts: 387
    Retouching on what I've said earlier now that I have the time, you shouldn't quit just because you're tired of reading up on guides and studying match vids. Doing shit like that is only secondary to what really makes you get better, which is actually playing at arcades. Seriously, back when XMen vs Street Fighter came out, all I had to do was visit my arcade often before I would eventually learn all the broken shit we know now. That's it, really.

Why am i even posting to bait, anyway? Fuck this place.

But really though, my dream was off the chain. I was beating Justin Wong IN MY DREAMS. Man, I felt good about myself for a few minutes before I realized that I was dreaming.

For real, I would just walk up, s.lpxxSUPER! and Justin was like: AAAARGH!
    Ay look. I keep my ass clean. If a girl wants to put her tongue up there then, you know, whatever shinkuus her hadouken man.

-LobeliaGirl
  • slevin786slevin786 bored Joined: Posts: 399
    holy fuck. here's what you do. go to the store, now. buy the biggest, heaviest flowing tampon available. buy the whole shelf. go into the bathroom there since you won't have time to and just cram them all up your bleeding vag. then try playing again.

funny stuff. people say that this shouldn't receive any attention yet they go through painstaking efforts to say this type of shit. funny though..
    good time's... noodle salad
    You can't succeed if you're afraid to fail....
    here's what I think : www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YkEUPKEX4
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro ゾインクス! ゾインクス! Joined: Posts: 981
    I hope to advance from mid-scrub to lower level srub,...

Would that be an advance?
  • ChopperManChopperMan Joined: Posts: 640
    Yeah ok if you're just going to play that gay "They make fun of me so they most care" ass backwards logic for the next couple of pages you should probably just stop bumping this
    Would that be an advance?

Depends on how you look at it. :sad:
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    :amazed:

That shit is crazy...

How so? That's SF2, there are Marvel players out there that play on keyboard. I can do ROM and stuff on keyboard. It's easier for me to just press buttons than move a stick. It's easier than a DC pad, even the ones where you don't have to play Waldo to find the assist buttons.

To the topic maker, you won't become a pro just like that. Play people close to your own level and learn from matches.
  • JadowJadow I Believe Only in Beauty Joined: Posts: 222
    What I understand from this thread...

-Something about Futurama
    -Dasiatic dreaming with J. Wong
    -Experience is your friend
    -ST is not scrub friendly
    -Some stuff about givin up and SRK not caring

Practice makes perfect...or atleast makes you better, and practice takes time, so go figure.
    -- Only I understand the pain of being too strong and beautiful.
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,854
    i give up trying to compete in ST and other fighting games.... i give up trying to 'practice' for a tourney that i know im gonna lose.... im tried of trying to get good at a game when i know im gonna be beat.... im tired of everything..... im tried of playing ST hours on end trying to figure out match ups, to no avail... and lastly im sick and tired of waiting for ST:HD. fuck it im through!

It's the journey not the destination.

We've all had victories that were boring...we've all had losses that were thrilling.

These are games. The playing part should be the focus, not the victory screen that lasts a couple seconds after the playing part.

Screw the "play to win" BS. It should just be "play". And, then the "win" will come. Or, maybe it won't. That's the point.

And, who said you have to play ST? Oh wait, SRK probably did, didn't it? Because we all know 3S sucks, right? BS.

News flash: there are dozens of worthy fighting games out there (including ST) just waiting to be played. Not WON. PLAYED.

Each has it's own emphasis from zoning to parrying to combos to whatever floats your boat. Some were even made by *GASP*...other companies!

So play them. And, enjoy them.

Dagnabbit.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

you suck. :woot:
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
    How so? That's SF2, there are Marvel players out there that play on keyboard. I can do ROM and stuff on keyboard. It's easier for me to just press buttons than move a stick. It's easier than a DC pad, even the ones where you don't have to play Waldo to find the assist buttons.

To the topic maker, you won't become a pro just like that. Play people close to your own level and learn from matches.

I can do rom stuff on keyboards as well. Fighters just aren't sticking though. What's a good setup to use? The default?
    I can do rom stuff on keyboards as well. Fighters just aren't sticking though. What's a good setup to use? The default?

I use arrow keys to move and asd/zxc for six button setup. I'm a lefty though.

You aren't really supposed to use your PC for fighters to "stick" because you should only use it to test some stuff.

Like I already said, if you want to enjoy fighters then you can start by finding people close to your level and playing against them. Arcades are awesome and you should help them stay alive.
  • Branh0913Branh0913 Keep away king Joined: Posts: 3,645
    I dunno about you guys, but if I can't beat some of the best people in the world at something after about zero training time has passed in the grand scheme of things, I think it's garbage. This game is stupid. Every game is stupid.

I'm glad somebody finally had the courage to stand up against all those people who have trained and practiced so long that they make the game not fun for those of us who haven't dedicated a large portion of their lives to fighting games.

They should stop, right? Give us all a chance.
    *sniffle*

Also, why haven't I been drafted for any professional sports?

I have a friend like this. If he can't beat an experienced player at any given game, he write it off as crap. which is why he'll always be king of SVC Chaos (the only game he can win in consistently) and nothing else.
    M.O.D.O.K Avengers - Minister Of Defense
    The Turtle Master, but my name ain't Splinter
    Hitting down/back so fast, you think I was using macros
  • slevin786slevin786 bored Joined: Posts: 399
    Yeah ok if you're just going to play that gay "They make fun of me so they most care" ass backwards logic for the next couple of pages you should probably just stop bumping this

sorry to those who invested their time with this topic. shouldn't have been started. kudos to those who saw my side of the story (being frustrated is all i was) and to those who cant grasp the idea of frustration..... fuck you all and to all a good night.
    good time's... noodle salad
    You can't succeed if you're afraid to fail....
    here's what I think : www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YkEUPKEX4
    sorry to those who invested their time with this topic. shouldn't have been started. kudos to those who saw my side of the story (being frustrated is all i was) and to those who cant grasp the idea of frustration..... fuck you all and to all a good night.

Would it be fair to someone who has been playing a game for over a decade and then someone picks it up in one day and then wins?

Would be kind of frustrating in my opinion.

Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2 have advanced to a very high level, I think the problem is that you tried to enter the scene with your expectations set too high.

Some people might say something like wait for new games to come out, but most fighting games still have the same concepts that you need to learn (blocking for example).
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,618
    funny stuff. people say that this shouldn't receive any attention yet they go through painstaking efforts to say this type of shit. funny though..

This "someone" fellow seems to have his ideas down solid :rofl:
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • comoesacomoesa not too bad.. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    LOL at this thread.

Just keep at it, It took me 3 months to get to a playable level at st.

Looks like its gonna take a monthe for my 3s skills to return.
    FOREVER NEVERMORE
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567

OMFG, I nearly died reading that. *sigs part of it*
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda