Matador Video Thread

G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fanJoined: Posts: 2,164
I decided to just put tourney vega videos in here to make it easier to search for specific players.
Thanks and much appreciation to Bebop3000, and everyone else for posting videos in the other thread of Vega players. Just wanted to put them in here to save time.

Fight Fo' Dah Future.

Comments

• G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    Nisepachi:

(vs Zangief)

(vs Dhalsim)

(vs Sagat)

(vs Chun Li)

(vs Guile)

(vs C.Viper) <---- !!!Kaqn!!!

(vs Zangief)

(vs Sagat)

(vs El Fuerte)

(vs Zangief)

(vs El Fuerte)

thanks Bebop3000.

BrentoBox:

(vs Chun)
    (vs Chun II)
    (vs Ken)

Bebop3000:

(vs Fuerte)

Nagata Lock II:

(v Spiral Guy 1)
    (v Spiral Guy 2)
    (v Spiral Guy 3)
    (v Spiral Guy 4)
    (v Spiral Guy 5)

Tatsu:

(vs Team combofiend 1)
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    BrentoBox:

(vs Chun)
    (vs Chun II)
    (vs Ken)

There are a few more recent vids in that Youtube account from tournaments.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I am pretty much giving up on Claw. Spending time playing some other characters just showed me how limited he is. Watch for some crazy ass claw vids in the future though from that guy playing Chun Li in those sigged vids. That's Deezo and the guy is a freaking fighting game machine. Apparently his Claw is crazy (like actually crazy and all over the place.) Haven't seen it yet though.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
    Is that so : (? Sorry to here that me however I will be rocking several characters but mostly Fei-Long and Vega as I did in ST. But only these Fei, Claw, Gen, and Sakura. Cammy maybe? But I don't like maining over 4 characters in any fighter.

Well see you around, bull territory.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    Nisepachi's video against Guile reminded me of the same exact thing that happened to me at CTF. Once Guile corners Vega, it is so fucking hard to get out of that situation.
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • bebop3000bebop3000 Viva la Vega Joined: Posts: 1,193
    Tatsu:

Arlieth:

(Sev is in this one too)
    :woot: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT :woot:
  • severinseverin customest user title Joined: Posts: 419
    (Sev is in this one too)

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do hate claw mirrors >.>
    words
    None of you guys (except Bebop) use the crossover EX sky high claw.

For shame.
  • JadowJadow I Believe Only in Beauty Joined: Posts: 222
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1pzMu...e=channel_page

The old trick of using Walldive specia/super right next to the opponents corner always gives your opponent a WTF do I do reaction =D
    -- Only I understand the pain of being too strong and beautiful.
  • sambosambo the punisher Joined: Posts: 689
    EDIT: nm
    Fat people don't get full, they just get less hungry.-Megas XLR
  • BustaBustBustaBust G.Dragon Joined: Posts: 2,072
    Arlieth:

Sev:
    -- Here is the list for best Abel players in the world --
    1. BustaBust: "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be"
    -- End of List --
    http://theabelblog.blogspot.com/
    Arlieth:

Sev:

I guess I'll break down why you guys were losing, in case you, or other people didn't know:

-Walldive more. This wont only build meter, but it will pressure Gief to rush at you to stop your meter building, since Vega + meter = a dead russian.
    -When you have the lead, make Gief come to you. You guys are rushing Gief waaaay too much. The whole point of this match is to keep Gief away from you.
    -Please, please, please, add some more mixup to your df.rh game. Good Gief's (apparently not UltraDavid :wink:) are gonna get wise to the whole jump back fierce game, and when you're setting it up. UltraDavid should know by now, but that jump back fierce shit can be punished badly. All the more reason to TURTLE MORE! Like, if you guys land an izuna drop, you don't ALWAYS have to sit in his face and wait for him to wake up (so that you can do the little gimmick jump back fierce). When you know he can't quick get up, walldive for meter. Hell, even if he does, what's he going to do? NOTHING!
    -I own UltraDavid :bgrin:

I dunno, maybe it's because I play Oro (since this match is VERY similar to Oro v Hugo) that I understand how important turtling is in this match. *shrug*

p.s. I <3 UltraDavid

p.p.s. No Oro :wink:
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    It's true, I'm at a 0% lifetime win rate against Bebop. How do I punish jump back fierce, standing roundhouse or something? I've tried ex hand and it hasn't worked.

Also, I stand by my statement that Claw's super is inescapable for Zangief.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
    How do I punish jump back fierce, standing roundhouse or something? I've tried ex hand and it hasn't worked.

EX hand should always hit... It's probably just a matter of timing.
    Also, I stand by my statement that Claw's super is inescapable for Zangief.

Yet another reason why Vega v Gief is a dumb matchup.
    Should always hit, or you've seen it hit consistently?
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    Should always hit, or you've seen it hit consistently?

Should always hit, as far as I know.

Vids of me playing Kurt, a local SoCal Chun player:

So you can hit with the scarlet twice? Nice to know that now.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.

And here I was wondering why you didn't use EX moves at all. Why isnt people reacting to your Super? I would understand if it were like ST where you don't see the flash, but here Vega shines like a god and they still don't do shit about it. Is Vega's throw range that big during super?

So after watching this...would you guys say Super>EX or EX>Super or simply a mix of the 2?
    So after watching this...would you guys say Super>EX or EX>Super or simply a mix of the 2?

It depends on the character, and how much meter you have. If you're playing a character that can get out of your walldives for free, I'd stick to the EX. Also, I prefer EX over Super if I have 2 or less bars; 3 or more and I try to build for super.

Here's me playing one of the US's best Balrogs, Gootecks:

p.s. all but 1 EX flip kick was by accident. those were intended to be EX walldives. anyone else have that problem from time to time? *sigh*
    Soo... you haven't actually seen it work? Cause it hasn't worked for me the 2-3 times I've tried it.

Edit: time and again in that match against Ryan you switched out something effective (ie walldives he couldn't reach or when he was walking, zoning with normals) for something ineffective (ie random punch dives, walldives when he was crouching, random ex moves). And you kept putting yourself close to him with jumps and walldives even when you had a lead. Why? I think you would have taken the match if you'd kept it simpler.
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    Soo... you haven't actually seen it work? Cause it hasn't worked for me the 2-3 times I've tried it.

I've seen it work. I promise you. I don't want to go digging around for the video, but trust me, I've seen it hit. It might depend on where they are in the air when you get hit with the jump back fierce, but I've seen nisepachi get punished after the hit.
    Edit: time and again in that match against Ryan you switched out something effective (ie walldives he couldn't reach or when he was walking, zoning with normals) for something ineffective (ie random punch dives, walldives when he was crouching, random ex moves). And you kept putting yourself close to him with jumps and walldives even when you had a lead. Why? I think you would have taken the match if you'd kept it simpler.

Yea, you're right, I should have played more straightforward. I tend to overthink things when I'm playing, which usually causes me to lose. The reason I don't like to spam walldives or normals, even when it's working, is because eventually (and especially with Balrog) they'll catch you on your spamming, even if you don't telegraph; coupled with the fact that Vega loses so much life when he gets hit, I tend to shy away from abusing my normals. Example: If I walldive out of Balrog's reach, he can TAP to punish. I know the video didn't really give a good example of how that might work, but that's one of the tools Gootecks uses on me when we play casuals.

But yea, there are a whole bunch of things in that video that I'm kicking myself for doing. Thanks for the input, David.
    Me vs Sanchez

*that df rh into jab, back into df rh wasn't a mistake, btw, regardless of what gootecks said.

Tatsu vs Kryojenix

• tatsunicaltatsunical tragic hero Joined: Posts: 863
    *hides face in shame*
  • SacredCowboySacredCowboy Signore Simpatic Joined: Posts: 250
    Tatsu,at a 4:21 was it a hk flipkick which comboed out of hk c.mk? Remember Bebop saying somewhere down the line that it connects only on standing opponents - still the case?
    "Anti-air ultra? GET TO DA CHOPPER!" (c) Zangief forum.
    I still think the flip kick has the most retarded command ever.
  • tatsunicaltatsunical tragic hero Joined: Posts: 863
    Tatsu,at a 4:21 was it a hk flipkick which comboed out of hk c.mk? Remember Bebop saying somewhere down the line that it connects only on standing opponents - still the case?
    yeah it was a hk flipkick. i need further testing on this combo but it seems like for some of the taller characters like sagat and zangief you can still get the combo even if they crouch...? not sure...
    I swear I thought bebop was gonna win against Gootecks, not gonna say why cause I haven't even played the game yet but it just looked that way to me.

Yo bebop have you changed your mind about Vega vs Balrog? Do you think it still is 7-3 Balrog? (Or any other Vega matchup for that matter)
    yeah it was a hk flipkick. i need further testing on this combo but it seems like for some of the taller characters like sagat and zangief you can still get the combo even if they crouch...? not sure...

It will hit those two if they're crouching. :tup:
    Yo bebop have you changed your mind about Vega vs Balrog? Do you think it still is 7-3 Balrog? (Or any other Vega matchup for that matter)

It's still a 7-3, imho. Balrog has too many options to get in and deal heavy damage.

Here's me vs Eric, a local Guile player:

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    aw man u were so close

In case you guys didn't see it in the video thread, a week or 2 ago, there's a pretty good Vega in these vids.

edit: Notice how often he wall dives. :wink:
    What are the thoughts on Vega? I've heard he is pretty bad now, I mean took a couple of nerfs...
    Last 2 videos... omg... soo fuckin sick

http://www.a-cho.com/ac/mov.html
    Who the fuck was that Vega? That guy is leagues better than nisepachi.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Umm could someone upload those 2 claw matches from a-cho on Youtube? Can't seem to access them.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • MinoraMinora My HOTTIE is better. Joined: Posts: 173
    Umm could someone upload those 2 claw matches from a-cho on Youtube? Can't seem to access them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Min0ra
    Even if you're not with me... I'm W1TH>YU

http://www.youtube.com/user/Min0ra

Good lord, that footage was taken at the beginning of Novermber... And Makoto isn't even the best Vega in Japan... That means there's waaay crazy Vega stuff we haven't even seen yet! Soooo exciting!
    Unless he has some crazy kara or focus trick, I think we've seen 'em all.

He just wasn't designed with much it seems. :chainsaw:
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Took me a while to navigate and find those 2 Claw matches :sweat:
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    moar?
    http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/

Great vids here. Tatsu almost OCVing gootecks/ken i/ed ma
  • BustaBustBustaBust G.Dragon Joined: Posts: 2,072
    i just got the goose fucking bumps from watchin those vids!
    -- Here is the list for best Abel players in the world --
    1. BustaBust: "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be"
    -- End of List --
    http://theabelblog.blogspot.com/