Cannon Spike! The Cammy Thread

Comments

• SLEZZYSLEZZY NOT Sleazy Joined: Posts: 326
    IMO, shotos are the hardest to cross up, followed by Dee Jay, Claw, and Boxer. The easiest are Gief, Sim, and Guile.

I actually prefer the Ryu fight over the Ken fight because I can SBF through the FBs better, but I do believe she has a harder time beating Ryu than she does Ken. Better FBs overall, better hurricane kick into throw/SRK mixup is better than what Ken has at closer range, which is basically an SRK. I've been able to stuff his FBs more than Ryu.

Lol, have you guys tried this one? If you're up against a super reversal happy Ryu, you can do a meaty cl. mp and it will completely whiff on you, then you're free to do whatever with all the recovery frames that he's in once he misses.
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • FreshOJFreshOJ It's the God in me.. Joined: Posts: 1,485
    I'm not a big fan of Cammy's j. short cross-up, she kind of "floats" too much if you know what I mean? She feels too light. I have HUGE problems landing it on Dee-Jay, Balrog, and Honda. I usually get thrown by Dee and 'Rog. What am I doing wrong?

Well...as far as Dee Jay, based on what I found, he can simply crouch and avoid your crossup attempt altogether. If you want to guarantee it hitting, make sure it's meaty.

But, as far as both of them are concerned, I would highly encourage you to take a look at the hitbox on j.:lk:. Turn on the hitboxes in training mode and you can see that j.:lk:'s hitbox reaches far enough behind her that you can actually jump *over* your opponent and hit them in the back before you land (provided they're not turning around because that may cause the move to whiff).

Like Milo said, it takes practice. Different hitboxes require different spacing and different timing to get the results you need. The farther behind the center of your character the hitbox reaches, the later you can wait to attack after you jump over them (which usually translates into a great cross-up).
    Onaje Everett
    Still in S.D., representing the Almighty.
    READ MY FAQ!!! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/939066/56195)
    IMO, shotos are the hardest to cross up, followed by Dee Jay, Claw, and Boxer. The easiest are Gief, Sim, and Guile.

I *really* should've rated cross-up difficulty on every character. :) That would've been too much work, though.

But, as far as Cammy is concerned, the easiest person to cross-up, is...without question, E. Honda. I can get j.:hp: to connect with **no** problem on him all day long. Blanka, Zangief, and T. Hawk get honorable mention. Difficult to cross-up? Dee Jay, for sure. Boxer and Claw aren't as difficult if, again, you use the right cross-up (j.:lk: or j.:hp:) and get that spacing and timing down. Sagat can be tricky because of his height combined with his skinny width.
    Onaje Everett
  • Silver Rain 007Silver Rain 007 Professional Economist Joined: Posts: 2,108
    Okay so I'm going to tackle the crossups first and then the Ryu / Ken argument.

I personally like j. short for a crossup. Noriega I think you're right that it feels floaty, but every jumping attack with the exception of j. mp feels floaty with Cammy in my opinion.

I haven't seemed to have much difficulty crossing up Dee Jay or Boxer. The difficult thing about Boxer is you have to take into account how far back he leans when he blocks and you have to be patient before throwing it out or you won't get to link when you hit the ground and then you're in big time trouble.

Blanka has great hitboxes to cross up except I always seem to get reversaled... like everytime. Even against Blanka's I don't think are very good and to be honest, I don't feel like Cammy NEEDS to cross up Blanka to win that matchup when j. mp is so strong...Zangief cross-up = lariat unless he misses or you hit it just right. T.Hawk... yeah you can cross him up all day but again, I'm not sure why you'd want to when you can play defense in this matchup and TK him out of just about EVERYTHING.

Crossing up E.Honda is easy but again, timing is everything or else you land and get Ochioed for your trouble.

Okay... Now I am clearly in the minority here but I still feel Ken is the tougher matchup for Cammy... Better DP with more range means ZERO jump in opportunity, better recovery means Ken can be 'scrubbier' with it and still fix his mistake whereas Ryu doesn't have that same luxury. Yes, Ryu has a better fireball trap if he can push you in the corner, but I personally believe in the open field, Ken is going to have an easier time keeping you away. Ken can throw lp. Fireball and the only option is to jump over it or throw a hp backfist which = sweep every time. Certainly, I think the arguement as to which shoto jerk is tougher is an interesting one but I think we can all agree. they can both go to hell :lol:
    I wanted to put something witty about Economics and E-Sports here... but all I can say is wow... the people who signed up to take my class on E-Sports... fail.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,223
    Certainly, I think the arguement as to which shoto jerk is tougher is an interesting one but I think we can all agree. they can both go to hell
    Hahaha, yes. I guess I'm more comfortable facing Ryu because I've beaten good ones, but I find myself losing to scrub Ken's sometimes. It happens.

EDIT: In light of the fact that its so hard to cross Dee-Jay, I argue that he and Guile are tied for 2nd worst matchup.

Agreed?
    Nope... Guile is worse than Dee Jay in my opinion. Better turtling options and while Dee Jay may be a combo maniac and his cross up options are better, I'd rather FIGHT Dee Jay than Guile because Dee Jay would rather FIGHT than Guile. Guile should Turtle up and Make Cammy break through, Dee Jay doesn't necessarily want to do that so you know I love ya man but I have to kindly disagree with that assessment. I'd rather fight Afro's Dee Jay than Mars' Guile... I have a higher winning percentage against Afro than Mars in that situation... true story.
    I wanted to put something witty about Economics and E-Sports here... but all I can say is wow... the people who signed up to take my class on E-Sports... fail.
    I personally like j. short for a crossup. Noriega I think you're right that it feels floaty, but every jumping attack with the exception of j. mp feels floaty with Cammy in my opinion.

It's her jump arc, folks. Her jump is floaty, so naturally, her jumping attacks will be floaty. :)
    I haven't seemed to have much difficulty crossing up Dee Jay or Boxer. The difficult thing about Boxer is you have to take into account how far back he leans when he blocks and you have to be patient before throwing it out or you won't get to link when you hit the ground and then you're in big time trouble.

BINGO!!! The man hit it on the head! :) It's a timing thing. You have to be able to adjust your timing for different opponents.
    Blanka has great hitboxes to cross up except I always seem to get reversaled... like everytime. Even against Blanka's I don't think are very good and to be honest, I don't feel like Cammy NEEDS to cross up Blanka to win that matchup when j. mp is so strong...

Lemme help you out here. :)

One thing that I quickly learned on this forum is that there are some characters that you simply do *not* try to crossup. Blanka is one of them. His Vertical Ball is a ZERO STARTUP FRAME attack. It hits on the first frame. You cannot safe jump him...ever. Ken would be another person thanks to his zero startup frame Fierce DP.
    Zangief cross-up = lariat unless he misses or you hit it just right.

And he'd be the third person. :) It's a bit harder for him to consistently reversal, though, since you can't Negative Edge the Lariat, so he's worth at least trying it on. Make your opponent convince you that he can reversal Lariat consistently.
    T.Hawk... yeah you can cross him up all day but again, I'm not sure why you'd want to when you can play defense in this matchup and TK him out of just about EVERYTHING.

Heh heh heh...

I would cross him up for the time bonus I get for K.O.'ing him after I land her TOD. :) Given that he really has nothing to counter a cross-up from her, that's a green light to me. If he blocks, push him back out and play defense. I guess the rushdown player in me says that they can't knock you out if they're knocked out.
    Crossing up E.Honda is easy but again, timing is everything or else you land and get Ochioed for your trouble.

IMHO, Honda is not just "easy"...he's *the easiest* person to cross-up. The ideal cross-up target is short, but wide. If that ain't Honda, I don't know who it is. It's very hard to mistime a cross-up on him. It's almost too easy. Almost. :)
    Onaje Everett
    The fact that Guile recovers so fast from his Boom and his Flash Kick is so great make him ridiculously hard to get into. Believe it or not, I find his cr. mk more annoying than any of Dee Jay's high priority normals since it has such long range.
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    It's her jump arc, folks. Her jump is floaty, so naturally, her jumping attacks will be floaty. :)

BINGO!!! The man hit it on the head! :) It's a timing thing. You have to be able to adjust your timing for different opponents.

Lemme help you out here. :)

One thing that I quickly learned on this forum is that there are some characters that you simply do *not* try to crossup. Blanka is one of them. His Vertical Ball is a ZERO STARTUP FRAME attack. It hits on the first frame. You cannot safe jump him...ever. Ken would be another person thanks to his zero startup frame Fierce DP.

And he'd be the third person. :) It's a bit harder for him to consistently reversal, though, since you can't Negative Edge the Lariat, so he's worth at least trying it on. Make your opponent convince you that he can reversal Lariat consistently.

Heh heh heh...

I would cross him up for the time bonus I get for K.O.'ing him after I land her TOD. :) Given that he really has nothing to counter a cross-up from her, that's a green light to me. If he blocks, push him back out and play defense. I guess the rushdown player in me says that they can't knock you out if they're knocked out.

IMHO, Honda is not just "easy"...he's *the easiest* person to cross-up. The ideal cross-up target is short, but wide. If that ain't Honda, I don't know who it is. It's very hard to mistime a cross-up on him. It's almost too easy. Almost. :)

Man... I don't know why we're not friends... Why are we not friends? You ARE awesome :tup:
    Honda is a bitch though. All good Honda's will try to headbutt a cross attempt, and jumping in with mp will get you Ochio'ed. Also, why does it feel like Balrog and Dee-Jay can literally walk away from a cross-up? Its like they can move before they even get up.
    Man... I don't know why we're not friends... Why are we not friends? You ARE awesome :tup:

We are...just not in the XBox Live sense 'cause I'm not subscribed. :(

One day.........
    Onaje Everett
    Honda is a bitch though. All good Honda's will try to headbutt a cross attempt, and jumping in with mp will get you Ochio'ed. Also, why does it feel like Balrog and Dee-Jay can literally walk away from a cross-up? Its like they can move before they even get up.

But...since the Headbutt doesn't hit on the first frame, you are safe to block it. Even better, if you block it while you're both that close...AFAIR...he's actually *vulnerable* to a point-blank range combo. (He actually gets pushed *into* you while you block both hitting animations of the Headbutt.) If he blocks, yeah...beware the Ochio if you don't keep those links tight.

Dee Jay and Boxer...yeah...truth.
    Onaje Everett
  • TheloThelo Holdin' down-back Joined: Posts: 1,144 mod
    Cammy can actually be safe from the Honda headbutts if she crosses up in a certain way. The headbutt will just whiff, then Cammy can punish it with a drill or something. I'm not really sure how it's done, but I think it involves using her jumping short and crossing up really deep behind Honda.
    Keeping your cool is always the winning move.
    Its quite weird. Some Honda's I faced could headbutt me as I was initiating a cross-up, but sometimes it worked. With you, Thelo, you saw how I was able to cross-up almost all the time. I think you're right: Cammy has to cross Honda quite deep for it to work.
    If I play this one Honda player that I know, he will headbutt me every time, 100% accuracy if I try to cross him up from knockdown. How is this possible??
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    If I play this one Honda player that I know, he will headbutt me every time, 100% accuracy if I try to cross him up from knockdown. How is this possible??

You're jumping too late. :)
    Onaje Everett
    If I jump any earlier, he'll be free to just walk away and grab me once I land. Any later, and well...I don't hit him.

Also, I've been reading that you can use Cannon Drill pressure strings (cr. mk, cannon drill, repeat) on Honda, but I find this to be untrue since his headbutt will either trade unfavorably or stuff the Cannon Drill. Anyone have any luck with this?
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Also, I've been reading that you can use Cannon Drill pressure strings (cr. mk, cannon drill, repeat) on Honda, but I find this to be untrue since his headbutt will either trade unfavorably or stuff the Cannon Drill. Anyone have any luck with this?
    As with any character, it can be countered if too predictable. Its easier for Honda's too since they're already charging DB, as oppose to players like Ken having to react immediately. As for the cross-up: try to positing yourself in the middle of Honda when you land the lk, and make sure you do it late.
    If I jump any earlier, he'll be free to just walk away and grab me once I land. Any later, and well...I don't hit him.

You know about safe jumps, though, right? Honda's Sumo Headbutt has 8 startup frames for :lp:, 9 startup frames for :mp:, and 5 startup frames for :hp:. So, you have, at the least, a 5-9 frame window in which to jump in with an attack, land, and react to whether or not he's Headbutting by blocking. If he's silly enough to try a Sumo Splash to escape, that has far worse startup. So, as long as you time your jumping attack to hit *within the first four frames* of him getting up, you have yourself a "safe jump" attempt, my friend.

Don't worry so much about hitting him as you should about not getting hit. The better players can counter and/or block and counter cross-ups in their sleep. You should be more concerned with making it look like you *can't* be hit. If you can get them to think that, you can begin to play with the Honda player. And, given that this is Cammy we're talking about, you need *every* advantage you can give yourself against Honda.
    Onaje Everett
    Hey guys, I wanted to share this match. I do a really good job against DJI's Guile in the first game (BTW, he is a pretty darn good Guile...) but I personally struggle against Zangief so bad. Here's the video, any advice? Anything you would have done differently on the Guile match? I'd love the feedback. Tear me up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldWarriorsLeague#play/uploads/0/haidE3vwnZ8
    Hey guys, I wanted to share this match. I do a really good job against DJI's Guile in the first game (BTW, he is a pretty darn good Guile...) but I personally struggle against Zangief so bad. Here's the video, any advice? Anything you would have done differently on the Guile match? I'd love the feedback. Tear me up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldWarriorsLeague#play/uploads/0/haidE3vwnZ8

The first thing that stuck out for me is that you never seemed to actually *cancel* cr.:mk: into the Cannon Drill. Can't you cr.:mk: XX :lk: Cannon Drill from max range and be safe if Zangief blocks it? I saw Sirlin spamming that like mad in his videos from Evo. Not only will you end up safe on block, but if you hit with it, you're likely to get a 2 hit combo because Zangief is so big.

In general, I'd say that you need to use cr.:mk: *more*. Specifically, make more use of its range. Get more familiar with what you can do with it at different ranges. Make Zangief get around that move. Beware trading with his cr.:hk:, but make him either get around it or get hit. Much like when fighting T. Hawk, you're trying to make Cammy better than that hit song by Kris Kross back in the '90s. "Kris Kross'll make ya...JUMP JUMP!" When he jumps, you absolutely *must* punish every jump with a Thrust Kick...or any other anti-air that will actually hit clean (cr.:hp:, cl.:hk:, cl.:mp: if he's really close (not likely because being that close means he'd take you for a ride on the SPD train)). Remember, blocking a jump-in is asking to be ticked into SPD...unless you can reversal Thrust Kick really well. Also remember that Cammy has st.:mk:, st.:hp:, and st.:hk: to mix up your pokes with. Use more buttons. :)

Oh...and use "straight up jump and then walk forward" to cover ground against Guile. He recovers too fast to reliably jump at him when he throws Sonic Booms. But, I did see that you anticipated a Sonic Boom and had a jump-in opportunity on him....but you only hit him twice! WHAT?! :) If you hit with j.:hk:, cr.:mk:...you had better finish that with either a :hk: Cannon Drill or a :hp: Hooligan Combo grab! I'll take 35%-45% damage over 20-25% anyday. How 'bout you? For more information on that...guess what you should do? Yup! READ MY FAQ on GameFAQs.com!!! :D I have combos and tricks from the best Cammys on this site in the combo section. Take a look and make your Cammy deadly.
    Onaje Everett
    Ok, here we go.

v. Zangief
    - link cr. mk into drill, but beware of cr. jab and his sweep
    - if you connect a cr. mk > drill for chip damage, BLOCK. He will sweep anything that comes next
    - st. fierce is good for jump-ins and his hop move. Also use it to protect space. st. RH too
    - mix hooligans (ex. after the drill chip, he sweeps thinking drill, you hooligan)
    - master thrust kick reaction, gief can only jump in on you (this is what i need to work on personally)

I notice how you lost one round against 'Gief (Around the 4:11 mark) after you did a meaty st. mp and he blocked. People say Cammy has an advantage, but hell, its definitely a match she can lose in a flash. Never come close to 'Gief. You were too confident because you had him in a corner trap. Keep the trap going...but also keep your distance

v. Guile
    - walk forward and use cr. mk and st. fierce
    - good match opener is st. fierce
    - CROSS-UP!!!!!! j. lk > cr. mp > drill/hooligan/tick/whatever
    - hooligan over booms
    - use knuckle as a psychout; guile will get used to you walking forward that he might flinch
    - you got lucky with the jumping RH's you landed, guile's boom recovery is usually too 1337...but if this works, dont let me stop you :)
    As with any character, it can be countered if too predictable. Its easier for Honda's too since they're already charging DB, as oppose to players like Ken having to react immediately. As for the cross-up: try to positing yourself in the middle of Honda when you land the lk, and make sure you do it late.

The thing is, it almost seems kind of pointless to mix it up vs. Honda since everything you can throw out can be countered. Headbutt beats pretty much all your normals or trades at best. Hooligan will eat a Headbutt, and that's pretty much what he wants to watch out for, throw attempts will be Oicho'd, fakeout throw into Thrust Kick will be blocked and then headbutted as you're falling down. I know that mixing it up is important, but it seems as though Honda will have an answer to everything you have, and it will be beat what you will throw out.

The thing that makes Gief (and shotos as well) tough to Cannon Drill is that their sweeps are very very fast. Your distance must be ON POINT if you don't want to be swept, which is really really bad in this match-up and can turn the tides really easily. If you can trick him into throwing out a sweep when you are safe, you can throw out a cr. mp (or Thrust Kick if you're feeling brave) and it should hit his sweep clean. This may discourage him from throwing out sweeps liberally after blocked CD's which will allow you to resume your pressure game.
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    The first thing that stuck out for me is that you never seemed to actually *cancel* cr.:mk: into the Cannon Drill. Can't you cr.:mk: XX :lk: Cannon Drill from max range and be safe if Zangief blocks it? I saw Sirlin spamming that like mad in his videos from Evo. Not only will you end up safe on block, but if you hit with it, you're likely to get a 2 hit combo because Zangief is so big.

In general, I'd say that you need to use cr.:mk: *more*. Specifically, make more use of its range. Get more familiar with what you can do with it at different ranges. Make Zangief get around that move. Beware trading with his cr.:hk:, but make him either get around it or get hit. Much like when fighting T. Hawk, you're trying to make Cammy better than that hit song by Kris Kross back in the '90s. "Kris Kross'll make ya...JUMP JUMP!" When he jumps, you absolutely *must* punish every jump with a Thrust Kick...or any other anti-air that will actually hit clean (cr.:hp:, cl.:hk:, cl.:mp: if he's really close (not likely because being that close means he'd take you for a ride on the SPD train)). Remember, blocking a jump-in is asking to be ticked into SPD...unless you can reversal Thrust Kick really well. Also remember that Cammy has st.:mk:, st.:hp:, and st.:hk: to mix up your pokes with. Use more buttons. :)

Oh...and use "straight up jump and then walk forward" to cover ground against Guile. He recovers too fast to reliably jump at him when he throws Sonic Booms. But, I did see that you anticipated a Sonic Boom and had a jump-in opportunity on him....but you only hit him twice! WHAT?! :) If you hit with j.:hk:, cr.:mk:...you had better finish that with either a :hk: Cannon Drill or a :hp: Hooligan Combo grab! I'll take 35%-45% damage over 20-25% anyday. How 'bout you? For more information on that...guess what you should do? Yup! READ MY FAQ on GameFAQs.com!!! :D I have combos and tricks from the best Cammys on this site in the combo section. Take a look and make your Cammy deadly.

My personal problem is i can't cancel for crap. I just don't get the mechanic or something...I would love to do combos I just can't seem to do it. I don't know if this is pad related or if its something i just dont get
    My personal problem is i can't cancel for crap. I just don't get the mechanic or something...I would love to do combos I just can't seem to do it. I don't know if this is pad related or if its something i just dont get

I KNEW IT!!! :)

Ok...this is what I want you to do, then. Your homework is to go into training mode and practice cr.:mk: XX :mk: Cannon Drill. To help you with the special move cancellation mechanic, you can....

READ...MY...FAQ!!! :) Yes, I have it in there, too! I'm telling you, man. If a beginner read my FAQ, they would progress to intermediate level *very* quickly. Go to GameFAQs.com, go to the XBox 360 section, look under HDR, look for my name, click on that FAQ and read the whole thing. It may not be revised yet, but it's still *very* good. In fact...it was good when it was the SNES SSF2 Link FAQ. :)

But, for those that need it here, special move cancellation is a snap once you follow these instructions.

1. Make contact with your opponent with a cancellable normal move.
    2. When the move hits, immediately perform the special move you want.

Note that the technique is called "cancellation" because you are *cancelling* the recovery of the normal move you did. So, if you finish the input of the special move either right when or shortly after the normal move hits, the special move will immediately come out. That's how combos are born.

Go to practice mode now and try it. IMHO, the easiest people to learn how to 2-in-1 (or "cancel") with are Ryu and Ken because you can use one button (:hp:) for all of your easy combos. Once you learn how to cancel using the same button for your normal move and special move, then you can move onto using one button for your normal move (like cr.:mk:) and then another button for your special move (like :lk: or :hk: Cannon Drill). :)

It's never too late to learn. I didn't really learn combo mechanics until Street Fighter Alpha was out...believe it or not. Yep...1996. I could already punish and attack pretty well before then. Ah...but when I learned combos? The world was never the same...as evidenced by the Combo FAQs I've contributed to. :)

Edit: What's really shameful about all this is that I was buffering keystrokes way back in the early 80's. Anybody remember those super-slow IBM XT computers?! :) Yep, I'd press keystrokes before the computer could respond and it would suddenly process all of those keystrokes in one fell swoop. That's the same thing that's happening with 2-in-1 cancellation. Your special move or super move input is being buffered during that hit/block pause and then it comes out right after the pause. Remember, folks. It's a computer program...not just a game. :)
    Onaje Everett
    I know that mixing it up is important, but it seems as though Honda will have an answer to everything you have, and it will be beat what you will throw out.
    Well, yeah, he does. The matchup is 8-2, its bloody difficult.

Silver - cancelling is pretty simple. In fact, the fact that you don't know how to cancel makes your Cammy that much more impressive lol. That reminds me of the time I beat Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest difficulty without knowing how to counter. Let's say, for example, that you want to do the following:

crouching medium kick into light cannon drill

You first push "D + mk" to do the crouching kick. IMMEDIATELY as it connects, you push "F + lk". The moment you push "D" for the crouching kick, you have started the "D" sequence for the cannon drill. And you finish it with F + lk.

And look: if you remove the crouching mk from the equation, you get:

D, F, lk = cannon drill.

All you're adding is cr. mk.
    D + F-lk = cannon drill
    D (cr. mk) + F-lk = cr. mk link into drill

If I see you online I'll show you it in action. One of the major components of Cammy's game is linking either fast or slow. A common tactic is to throw a cr.mk and wait for a reaction, and then do a REALLY late link with the drill.

EDIT: Just have to say I'm really impressed with you, Silver. I'd definitely say you're a good Cammy, and watching you beat Djii's Guile was VERY impressive (he's a great player, knows more than 1 character well). Considering cr. mk > lk drill is Cammy's absolute main weapon, that's just crazy that you've been winning without it. You have some amazing reflexes.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Well boxer's blocking hitbox is very different from his static one. He leans back alot. That and he has one of the thinnest sprites in the game.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • ShadedWolfShadedWolf Joined: Posts: 352

Silver honestly your only problem was getting super impatient and being overly aggressive (fancy).

You did some really unnecessary things which lead to you getting killed. Stuff like randomly jumping at Zangief, or way mistimed cannon drills.

If you rewatch your video you'll notice that you'll be doing fine with your ground game and then do something stupid which will result in you dying.
    I am Darkwing Duck. Comedic superhero who beats on even more ridiculous clowns.
    Ok, here we go.

v. Zangief
    - st. fierce is good for jump-ins

Really? Standing fierce? I'll have to try this. I also like jumping up in place and throwing out a roundhouse/short/strong.
    v. Guile
    - good match opener is st. fierce

Would this stuff something that he commonly throws out i.e. f+mk?
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Really? Standing fierce? I'll have to try this. I also like jumping up in place and throwing out a roundhouse/short/strong.
    It prevents his hop-in move. Also a good counter after a green fist. With enough spacing it can also act as an AA.
    sLeeZy wrote:
    Would this stuff something that he commonly throws out i.e. f+mk?
    It only stuffs his booms. Here's how I see Guile's openers:

flash kick - not common, too risky
    sonic boom - quite common
    b + mk - common
    f + mk - might be common but bad move

I personally feel Guile is most likely to throw a boom. If you connect on the hit then at least you get opening damage, allowing you to be less aggressive and more intelligent. If he does b + mk, at least he's moving himself closer to the corner. f+ mk is a bad opener for Guile because he's next to you now.

And honestly, the matchup is a bitch as it is. Facing Guile gives me the absolute biggest migraine next to Blanka. Ken can also be extremely irritating with his arsenal that sometimes has 0 frames of recovery. Seriously, have you guys noticed that YOU can get punished when Ken lands from his super. THE FUCK!!!
    It prevents his hop-in move. Also a good counter after a green fist. With enough spacing it can also act as an AA.

It only stuffs his booms. Here's how I see Guile's openers:

flash kick - not common, too risky
    sonic boom - quite common
    b + mk - common
    f + mk - might be common but bad move

I personally feel Guile is most likely to throw a boom. If you connect on the hit then at least you get opening damage, allowing you to be less aggressive and more intelligent. If he does b + mk, at least he's moving himself closer to the corner. f+ mk is a bad opener for Guile because he's next to you now.

And honestly, the matchup is a bitch as it is. Facing Guile gives me the absolute biggest migraine next to Blanka. Ken can also be extremely irritating with his arsenal that sometimes has 0 frames of recovery. Seriously, have you guys noticed that YOU can get punished when Ken lands from his super. THE FUCK!!!

Whoops, I meant b+mk, not f+mk. But I didn't know it stuffed booms...I'll try it next time!

Also for Ken, I like to use cl. mk when he's falling down and still in mid-air. It will hit him regardless of what side you're on because of its cross-under properties. You can mix it up with other cross-under stuff after that; go under him and do another cl. mk into combo, or fake him out and appear as if you're going under but stay on the same side and sweep, etc.
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Standing fierce can stuff projectiles, it has excellent reach and speed. Its a good pressure tactic, especially in the corner when FB'ers use projectiles to push you back.
    This is the most interesting this thread has been in weeks! I think anytime I qualify for tournament matches in the WWL, I post the links to those matches here for critique and discussion. I'm going to try to put more linking into my game, I know that's my weakness right now and if I can get that into my game I think I could really turn into a much better player so I appreciate everything and this discussion has already been much better so let's keep it up Cammy fans!
    Norieaga - I generally use cr. mk for that since it's her longest poke and I *think* is safe against any DP attempts at max range. At least I haven't been retaliated as of yet and I've been using it for a while.

Silver - I appreciate the videos man, I want to see you become a better player just as much as you do! I'll tell you what though, when you DON'T link, you're greatly throwing off their timing since they are expecting a link. So when you do learn how to link, don't always do a cr. mk xx lk cannon drill...sometimes it pays to pause in between like in your vids before throwing out the next attack.
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Norieaga - I generally use cr. mk for that since it's her longest poke and I *think* is safe against any DP attempts at max range. At least I haven't been retaliated as of yet and I've been using it for a while.

Silver - I appreciate the videos man, I want to see you become a better player just as much as you do! I'll tell you what though, when you DON'T link, you're greatly throwing off their timing since they are expecting a link. So when you do learn how to link, don't always do a cr. mk xx lk cannon drill...sometimes it pays to pause in between like in your vids before throwing out the next attack.

That's been my personal excuse NOT to link. I watch ST videos of Nakamura (who BTW, is playing HDR now...) and he's linking EVERYTHING in the universe and Cammy is supposed to be the queen of links, but then I throw people off so much because I can be patient and not link that I get people to bite on things, a la, when I take the third round off of DJI's Guile I hesitated for just a second to get him to throw the boom so I could super, so I think I'm going to go through a growing pain in my game where I force myself to link everything to get it down and then bring it back to where I learn when I want to link and when not to link, but when I do that... EVO better watch out... Cammy'll be on the loose!

Oh and here's a match I had the other night where I really was pretty dominant. I felt pretty good the whole series, admittedly TIF wasn't really on his game. I wish I had it recorded, but GeneiJin87, who's a pretty good Rog player beat me in our first set in the tournament but then I came back and beat him in the loser's bracket in the match before this to eliminate him, we always have really good matches but I wish I had them so I could show the differences as to how Rog v. Cammy looks when Rog wins and how Rog v. Cammy looks when Cammy wins because the two matches go VERY differently.

I can get with that. I think the theme of any Cammy advice since alt.games.sf2 has been that she *has* to mix-it-up to win. Don't use the same tactic all the time. Make that tactic branch off into as many different options as possible while still keeping an advantage. So, sometimes you link into another normal, sometimes you cancel into a Cannon Drill...or a Spinning Knuckle...or a Hooligan Combo, sometimes you just walk up and then throw...or do one of the above and start the mind games over again. Always keep them off-balance because it's just about the only way she can stay in and win.
    Onaje Everett
    Hey OJ...here's something to add to your FAQ. j. hk crosses up standing T. Hawk

Not that anyone will ever use it :rofl:
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Hey OJ...here's something to add to your FAQ. j. hk crosses up standing T. Hawk

Not that anyone will ever use it :rofl:

????!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me!!! Seriously???!

I'll have to check that out for myself.
    Onaje Everett
    Yeah, I was messing around in practice mode and happened to discover this one. Tried it on Gief, but I couldn't get it to hit. Might work on Honda, haven't tried that. You can even follow up with a combo on Hawk!
    1. Play dishonorably
    2. Receive hatemail
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • TragicHeroTragicHero Cammy...that is all. Joined: Posts: 730
    http://gay-nerds.com
    My heart goes out to all those inner-city kids out there. Especially the ones too fat to dance their way out.